*****The Official Houston Texans 2024: Slowik strikes back****

107,773 Views | 1719 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by RVAg02
Sea Speed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The neigh
All I do is Nguyen
Jesus the more I watch the more I cringe
Honolulu Blue
Just scrolling random texags threads and I find this abomination. What in the …..
John 6 22:59 The Bread of Life Discourse
Ag_07
AG
I was suspicious before it started seeing the Snoopy in the background but I didn't see that coming.
aggie813
There was a whole bunch of WOW! in that video.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Anthony Richardson saw that video and his other shoulder spontaneously exploded.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
BayAg_14
Daniel Jones is a bum. lol
07ag
AG
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40885983/tom-brady-takes-little-jab-giants-qb-jones-fanatics-fest
https://ts.la/eric59704
07ag
AG
Lol 2 now

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40885983/tom-brady-takes-little-jab-giants-qb-jones-fanatics-fest
https://ts.la/eric59704
canadiaggie
AG
Dameon Pierce sucks lol
Frok
AG
Those numbers on the front of the new jerseys aren't holding up too well.
Marvin
AG
Metchie looks legit. WR corp should be great this year if everyone stays healthy.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Marvin
AG
I'm starting to drink some koolaid. The Texans look tough and seem to like contact on both sides of the ball. That will play over the course of a game and season.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
IrishAg
Marvin said:

Metchie looks legit. WR corp should be great this year if everyone stays healthy.
I think this game cements Metchie as one of the WR kept on the 53.....and pretty much seals that Dameon Pierce isn't going to be on the roster for the start of the season.
Poot
Agreed. And they gave Pierce every chance this pre-season.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Marvin said:

I'm starting to drink some koolaid. The Texans look tough and seem to like contact on both sides of the ball. That will play over the course of a game and season.
I bought a Texans' hat this weekend. First time spending money on their merch in a decade.
IrishAg
Poot said:

Agreed. And they gave Pierce every chance this pre-season.
Yeah, he just doesn't fit into this offense for some reason.
Max Power
AG
IrishAg said:

Marvin said:

I think this game cements Metchie as one of the WR kept on the 53.....and pretty much seals that Dameon Pierce isn't going to be on the roster for the start of the season.
This is sad, but I agree. Pierce looked like a steal after his rookie year. For some reason he excelled in that system but not in this one. I do think his rookie year will be enough to get a team to sign him after he's released. If he goes to a different spot he could look like his old self. Seeing Cam Akers out there working his tail off for every yard is good to see, that guy wants to be on the field playing football. Jordan, Brooks, and Taylor are more deserving of a roster spot than Pierce.
IrishAg
Max Power said:

IrishAg said:

Marvin said:

This is sad, but I agree. Pierce looked like a steal after his rookie year. For some reason he excelled in that system but not in this one. I do think his rookie year will be enough to get a team to sign him after he's released. If he goes to a different spot he could look like his old self. Seeing Cam Akers out there working his tail off for every yard is good to see, that guy wants to be on the field playing football. Jordan, Brooks, and Taylor are more deserving of a roster spot than Pierce.
Agree on Jordan, Brooks, and Taylor all deserving a spot ahead of Pierce at this pint! Also, Akers is due a break from injuries, so hopefully he'll turn out to be a steal for us this year.
The Porkchop Express
AG
6 Texans rated in the ESPN Top 100 players for 2024

#99 Derek Stingley
#85 Stefon Diggs
#40 Laremy Tunsil
#39 Danielle Hunter
#31 Will Anderson
#15 CJ Stroud

Oddly, the Browns' highest paid QB of all time didn't make the list.

IrishAg

Cuts are starting to come in. A little surprised about Noah Brown, but he just couldn't get healthy, adn I'm guessing that punt drop in game 3 cost King his spot.

WR Noah Brown
DB Demond King
DB CJ Henderson
WR Ben Skowronek
FB Andrew Beck
FB Troy Hairston
DE Ali Gaye (going to sign him to the PS if he clears waivers)
DE Solomon Byrd (going to sign him to the PS if he clears waivers)
TE Teagan Quitoriano
IrishAg

Brandon Hill isn't cut but going to the IR for the season
IrishAg

Looks like we're keeping 4 backs, somehow including Dameon Pierce.

LincolnBorglum79
AG
Pierce has value and will likely be traded or just kept. There may be situations where he is used. The young guys probably make the practice squad.
IrishAg

Keeping a whole lot of RBs
IrishAg

Did I miss that Christian Harris was hurt and he might start the season on the IR? Because I don't remember any mention of that
IrishAg

Ok, here's the official 53 man roster

Adding the images for those that don't twitter

So that's 5 RBs (got rid of both FBs) and 7 WRs to start the year
Max Power
AG
To me this says they're really impressed with Brooks, because it doesn't make sense to have 5 RB's on the roster when none of them are a fullback. I'm guessing Caserio tries to trade Pierce. I will say that I'm surprised he didn't trade Noah Brown, he had a nice season and there are several teams lacking not only depth at WR, but also some need quality starters. I think he could have moved Brown for a day 3 pick. With Autry suspended and Harris starting the season on IR that's two defenders who will see significant time not accounted for on the roster. Caserio's gotta be working the phones to move guys for future draft assets. I saw multiple reports that several teams were trying to trade for Metchie, I think it's way better to keep him. We have a really deep and high quality WR group, they can do a lot with them.
Texan_Aggie
AG
Wonder if Keenum is eligible for the PS.

I like the roster - it's a good hedge on injury prone positions at WR and RB.
Texan_Aggie
AG
Never mind, Keenum on IR so out the full season. My guess is they'll try to transition him to the next QB coach once JJ gets an OC job.
Buck Compton
AG
Isn't IR just for 4 games?
Texan_Aggie
AG
They can only designate two, I think, which are Harris and Hinish.
Poot
Stunned that DP made the team. Maybe they can teach him to block and be an athletic FB.

Does he play special teams? Can't say I've paid close attention.
IrishAg
Poot said:

Stunned that DP made the team. Maybe they can teach him to block and be an athletic FB.

Does he play special teams? Can't say I've paid close attention.

I imagine he's getting another shot while holding Harris or Autry's roster spot.
Texan_Aggie
AG
Yes and we'd be foolish to think there won't be injuries at the RB level.

DP does have a kickoff return for a TD too… so perhaps there's the special team angle.

Best case he contributes, worst case we cut him midway through the season. Middle case is some other team has big rb injury and they trade a late round pick for him before the trade deadline.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.