*****The Official Houston Texans 2024: Slowik strikes back****

108,319 Views | 1719 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by RVAg02
Johnsy3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Poot said:

Stunned that DP made the team. Maybe they can teach him to block and be an athletic FB.

Does he play special teams? Can't say I've paid close attention.

The Porkchop Express
AG
It's weird looking at the roster and knowing who most of the guys are again.
Furlock Bones
AG
So, why was Keenum put on the IR and not just cut? No hate against him. But, he's just not very good anymore. What value are the Texans protecting?
superaggie73
AG
Furlock Bones said:

So, why was Keenum put on the IR and not just cut? No hate against him. But, he's just not very good anymore. What value are the Texans protecting?

I believe he's being groomed as a qb coach behind JJ.
Ag_07
AG
Because why not? It doesn't hurt you to put him on IR and keep him around to be another set of eyes and ears in the QB room.

Plus this is probably a career ending injury and as a veteran he's earned the right to not be kicked to the curb when there's really no reason to if he can be stashed on IR.
MelvinUdall
Furlock Bones said:

You're paying him regardless, it does not hurt the team to keep him around and as others have said, he is just another set of eyes in the QB room.
Sea Speed
AG
Pardon my ignorance, but can a team have unlimited guys on IR that don't impact the roster?
k20dub
AG
The Porkchop Express
AG
Furlock Bones said:

What all the other guys said.
An undrafted QB doesn't make it in the league 12 years without being incredibly smart at football. He's a future coach for sure.

ALso I can't believe I just remembered that, but it's a shame he got hurt, because it misses the chance to have a revisit of the Minneapolis Miracle with him and Stephon Diggs on the roster.

In New Orleans they call this play "Who dat taught you how to play defense?"

Sea Speed
AG
Oh what could have been.

Ag_07
AG
Poster child for a guy who got paid and mailed it in.

He cares more about traveling around Europe in Versace pajamas and Lambos and posting about it on Instagram more than he does football.

He's toast
Mr.Bond
AG
Remember when Dabo said he was the Michael Jordan of football?????

L
O
****in
L
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Sea Speed
AG
Saw another tweet that he has a $36mm cap hit in 27 as well.
Yoda
AG
Watson's lateral on that last play is one of the dumbest decisions I've ever seen on a football field. Only circumstance it would make sense is final play of the game and you're trailing.

I guess he isn't exactly known for sound decision making (anymore). Sad how much he derailed himself.
Cartographer
When Dabo had him, he was that good.

What we fans always fail to grasp is for most of these players, getting paid is all that matters. Most all would tell you they want to win but of those, few are in it for anything more than the cash.

He's the epitome of this mentality. He'll never have to work another day in his life and he'll never have to play football with this last contract. In his mind, I'm sure he's the big winner here.

As a Texans fan, I'll be happy to watch him suffer out the rest of this contract but I'll be happier when he's out of the league.
Max Power
AG
Cartographer said:

When Dabo had him, he was that good.

What we fans always fail to grasp is for most of these players, getting paid is all that matters. Most all would tell you they want to win but of those, few are in it for anything more than the cash.

He's the epitome of this mentality. He'll never have to work another day in his life and he'll never have to play football with this last contract. In his mind, I'm sure he's the big winner here.

As a Texans fan, I'll be happy to watch him suffer out the rest of this contract but I'll be happier when he's out of the league.
It doesn't happen often but from time to time a new person emerges once the player gets paid. Not long after Houston signed Watson to the extension is when we found out about his proclivities. I believe the real person comes out after the fact, you see the facade first. Same thing happened with Antonio Brown. There were stories out of Pittsburgh that came out that said a completely different guy showed up in that building once he got paid. That Watson contract will be an albatross on Cleveland for years to come. There's more than one reason no team has done a contract like one since his got signed, and lots of better QBs than Watson have signed extensions since then.

No one in the Browns organization will ever admit it, but the Watson deal was not a true market deal. It was a deal to go somewhere a guy didn't want to go to but he couldn't say no to the money. Not just the money, but the structure so that his suspension would result in the least amount of money lost, they're complicit in the whole thing. They asked for the moon, and they got it. Watson wanted to go to Atlanta, and Atlanta wanted Watson, Atlanta and Watson would have agreed upon more favorable terms for the team and Watson wouldn't have asked for as much because he was going home to Georgia. IIRC Cleveland was the first team out of the running during that period of time because he didn't want to go there, period. I have nothing against the Browns, but to help a guy you know did unsavory things to women lose as little money possible while serving a suspension for those deeds is disgusting. Watson will be a cautionary tale for all teams going forward.

But it's not all bad, instead of Watson and Bill O'Brien, we've got CJ Stroud and Demeco Ryans. It took time but we're in a better position than we could have even imagined.
Max Power
AG
Sea Speed said:

Oh what could have been.

He learned that last pass by studying Brock Osweiller film.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Max Power said:

Sea Speed said:

Oh what could have been.

He learned that last pass by studying Brock Osweiller film.
Incorrect, all film on Brock Osweiller was taken to Vatican City and the Pope himself burned it to rid the world of certain demonic forces.
Ag_07
AG
Man I forgot about the Brock Osweiler era.

Jeez...He may have been a bigger fraud than Deshaun.
Sea Speed
AG
Ag_07 said:

Man I forgot about the Brock Osweiler era.

Jeez...He may have been a bigger fraud than Deshaun.

A lot less rapey though.
Max Power
AG
BayAg_14
I was talking about this with my Dad last week. Tonight confirms it. This is the first time in a decade I have been more excited about NFL than CFB.
Ags #1
AG
For sure
The Porkchop Express
AG
Bill Simmons picked the Texans to go to the Super Bowl on his annual over/under podcast this week on the Ringer network.
Jackal99
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Bill Simmons picked the Texans to go to the Super Bowl on his annual over/under podcast this week on the Ringer network.

**** ….
texasaggie2015
AG
Getting fired up
Max Power
AG
BayAg_14 said:

I was talking about this with my Dad last week. Tonight confirms it. This is the first time in a decade I have been more excited about NFL than CFB.
Honestly it didn't even bother me after we lost on Saturday, and I watched the whole game. I learned my lesson about hope and A&M football long ago. The last time we won a conference title was my Freshman year...I'm 44 now. I'm more comfortable and optimistic about CJ and Demeco than the Aggies. I also feel like I can watch the Texans and be objective about the good and the bad. Watching the Aggies generally leads to delusion and anger, I've actively chosen not to tie my happiness to their performance. If they get a surprise win, great, I'll take that but I won't let them hurt me anymore, lol. Aggie sports have given me way more lows than highs. I only go to the football forum to have a good laugh now from time to time, right after a loss it's epic fun. Anyway, I'm ready for the 2024 Texans season to begin, regardless of where it goes at least hope over here can be objectively optimistic.

All I do is Nguyen

Honestly that's what has me moving closer to the Texans and moving further away from the jerk offs in Dallas. Ryans and Stroud are super easy to root for. The Texans actually made moves to get better in the offseason and their owner isn't senile and delusional like ol' Jerruh
Ag_07
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

their owner isn't senile and delusional

Eh...I wouldn't be so sure about that

3B Paul 97
AG
Ag_07 said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

That's not the decision maker. You should post a pic of Hannah.
redag06
3B Paul 97 said:

Ag_07 said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

That's not the decision maker. You should post a pic of Hannah.
You don't think Hannah is dressing this clown like this?
W
AG
missed the news about Harris last week

so the Texans are down 2 starters in the front 7 for the first month
Johnsy3
AG
Not to worry, JJ announces his return today

BayAg_14
What is everyone's prediction on record this season? Tough schedule, but we have CJ. Give me 12-5.

At Colts- W
Bears- W
At Vikings- W
Jags- W
Bills- L
At Pats- W
At Packers- L
Colts- W
At Jets- W
Lions- W
At Cowgirls- W
Titans- W
At Jags- L
Dolphins- W
At Chiefs- L
Ravens- L
At Titans- W
Ags #1
AG
Question on tickets. Have been in a few years and was gifted a few tickets. When I go to the Texans app I see my tickets but don't see a bar code. Is that normal? Does the bar code get generated closer to the game?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.