*****The Official Houston Texans 2024: Slowik strikes back****

108,308 Views | 1719 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by RVAg02
IrishAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ag_07 said:

And this extension lines up exactly with when Stroud and Tank rookie deals are up.

Nick is pouncing on having CJ on the cheap which is a very smart thing to do.
YES! Having cap flexibility when CJ's rookie contract is about to expire mixed in with maxing out the potential of winning before that moment hits is without a doubt the number 1 most important thing Caserio should be doing right now.
LincolnBorglum79
AG
As I understand this contract Nico now is signed for 4 years at $75M or $18.75M per season. Not bad for the 8th best WR last year in Yards and Scoring. PFF has the Texans ranked as the 7th best NFL team ahead of Dallas, Cin, Miami and Buffalo. Fourth in AFC behind KC, Balt, Jets. We play those teams this year
Max Power
AG
This contract is a ****ing bargain.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/inside-the-nico-collins-deal
Quote:

Texans receiver Nico Collins had a breakout year in the third season of his career, with 1,297 receiving yards. It earned him a significant new contract.

PFT has obtained the full details, per a source with knowledge of the terms.

Here they are:

1. Signing bonus: $17 million, with $9 million payable in 15 days, $4 million paid on or before December 15, 2024, and $4 million paid on or before March 15, 2025.
2. 2024 base salary: $1.616 million, fully guaranteed.
3. 2024 per-game roster bonus: $625,005 total.
4. 2025 base salary: $13.5 million, fully guaranteed.
5. 2025 per-game roster bonus: $625,005 total.
6. 2026 base salary: $20 million, $10 million of which becomes fully guaranteed on the fifth day of the 2025 league year, and $10 million of which becomes fully guaranteed on the fifth day of the 2026 league year.
7. 2026 per-game roster bonus: $625,005 total.
8. 2027 base salary: $21.25 million.
9. 2027 per-game roster bonus: $625,005 total.

The deal has $750,000 in incentives for 2025, 2026, and 2027. He gets $250,000 for making the Pro Bowl, $250,000 for 95 receptions, and $250,000 for 1,460 receiving yards.

Of the amount, $32.116 million is fully guaranteed at signing. Another $10 million becomes fully guaranteed next year. The final $10 million becomes fully guaranteed in 2026.

The new-money average is $24.25 million. The deal pays, from signing, an average of $18.966 million per year.

Nico Collins will be 27 when the deal expires, giving him a shot at another payday in four years, or sooner than that. It also locks him in before, for example, a Justin Jefferson contract blows the lid off the receiver market.
Jaylen Waddle just signed a 3 year $84.75MM deal with $76MM guaranteed.

Collins (15 games)
80 receptions
1297 yards
16.2 yards/reception
86.5 yards/game
8 TD's
53 1st downs
61.5% success rate
73.4% catch rate
11.9 yards/target

Waddle (14 games)
72 receptions
1014 yards
14.1 yards/reception
72.4 yards/game
4 TD's
47 1st downs
58.7% success rate
69.2% catch rate
9.8 yards/target
JCA1
AG
Max Power said:

This contract is a ****ing bargain.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/inside-the-nico-collins-deal
Quote:

Texans receiver Nico Collins had a breakout year in the third season of his career, with 1,297 receiving yards. It earned him a significant new contract.

PFT has obtained the full details, per a source with knowledge of the terms.

Here they are:

1. Signing bonus: $17 million, with $9 million payable in 15 days, $4 million paid on or before December 15, 2024, and $4 million paid on or before March 15, 2025.
2. 2024 base salary: $1.616 million, fully guaranteed.
3. 2024 per-game roster bonus: $625,005 total.
4. 2025 base salary: $13.5 million, fully guaranteed.
5. 2025 per-game roster bonus: $625,005 total.
6. 2026 base salary: $20 million, $10 million of which becomes fully guaranteed on the fifth day of the 2025 league year, and $10 million of which becomes fully guaranteed on the fifth day of the 2026 league year.
7. 2026 per-game roster bonus: $625,005 total.
8. 2027 base salary: $21.25 million.
9. 2027 per-game roster bonus: $625,005 total.

The deal has $750,000 in incentives for 2025, 2026, and 2027. He gets $250,000 for making the Pro Bowl, $250,000 for 95 receptions, and $250,000 for 1,460 receiving yards.

Of the amount, $32.116 million is fully guaranteed at signing. Another $10 million becomes fully guaranteed next year. The final $10 million becomes fully guaranteed in 2026.

The new-money average is $24.25 million. The deal pays, from signing, an average of $18.966 million per year.

Nico Collins will be 27 when the deal expires, giving him a shot at another payday in four years, or sooner than that. It also locks him in before, for example, a Justin Jefferson contract blows the lid off the receiver market.
Jaylen Waddle just signed a 3 year $84.75MM deal with $76MM guaranteed.

Collins (15 games)
80 receptions
1297 yards
16.2 yards/reception
86.5 yards/game
8 TD's
53 1st downs
61.5% success rate
73.4% catch rate
11.9 yards/target

Waddle (14 games)
72 receptions
1014 yards
14.1 yards/reception
72.4 yards/game
4 TD's
47 1st downs
58.7% success rate
69.2% catch rate
9.8 yards/target
So it's a 3-year deal after his rookie deal runs out and we actually have him under contract for 4 more years? That's a great deal.
superaggie73
AG
Jefferson gets $35 million per year. Makes the Nico deal look even better. It feels so weird seeing great moves made by our organization. But I'm loving it!
Cartographer

Mr.Bond
AG

7 1 3 cuzzy
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Max Power
AG
Kubiak is going to present Andre Johnson at the HOF enshrinement ceremony.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/jim-irsay-tom-jackson-gary-kubiak-jarrett-payton-among-2024-hall-of-fame-presenters
IrishAg
Kamari Lassiter has a lot of buzz coming out of OTA's and Mini Camp

Also getting a lot of buzz because he's apparently both healthy and in shape is our boy Kenyon Green. I've seen it written down and heard it on the Texans podcast a few times now that he looks just different than previous years. So fingers crossed

IrishAg
Suffice to say, if Green comes into camp this fall healthy, in shape, and motivated to play, then that really changes the make up and ceiling of the offensive line this year
The Porkchop Express
AG
Max Power said:

Kubiak is going to present Andre Johnson at the HOF enshrinement ceremony.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/jim-irsay-tom-jackson-gary-kubiak-jarrett-payton-among-2024-hall-of-fame-presenters
"Steve McMichael has chosen Jarett Payton, a longtime family friend who currently works as a broadcaster for WGN in Chicago. This will be Payton's second time as a Hall of Fame presenter, having previously served as the presenter for his father, Walter Payton, in 1993."

Man, that makes me tear up just imagining it.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Ags #1
AG
Steven nelson retired
Max Power
AG
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/bill-obrien-taking-texans-gm-job-was-a-mistake-i-wish-i-didnt-do-that
Quote:

"That was a tough time in Houston," O'Brien told Adam Breneman. "We were a good team, we made some decisions relative to the organization to try to fill the GM role, we went after some guys, we couldn't get them, at the end of the day we went a full year really without a GM . . . and then there was a year we just said, 'We'll make you the GM.' In the end, that's not who I am."

Call me a cynic but I have a tough time believing he had the role just thrust upon him. That's not a standard clause in the coaching contract to become GM in the event of an unfillable vacancy. The absolute fiasco he created took years to overcome. In addition to the moves he made that no one could justify, he alienated the best player in the history of the franchise and he asked to leave the circus that the Texans became.
Yoda
AG
Each and every one of us to BoB…

bigjag19
AG
I don't think his strengths were in head coaching either.
Ag_07
AG
The dude was actively trying to get fired.

F him
The Porkchop Express
AG
I honestly think I would want to punch BoB if I saw him in person. I felt like the Texns won every game of that era despite him.
LB12Diamond
AG
Tells me no GM wanted to work with him if they actually tried to get a guy.
Pahdz
Texans socials today asking people to submit their favorite AJ game...is there even an argument?

Max Power
AG
Max Power
AG
We're less than a month from football...sort of. Training camp opens on 7/17 and the HOF game is on 8/1. Andre will be inducted on Saturday 8/3. I'd love to go to that, to see the first Texan enshrined but that's not in the cards unfortunately. Hope there's a big crowd for him.
Max Power
AG
Nice article on Stroud and the Snoop league.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40474030/how-snoop-dogg-youth-football-league-helped-shape-cj-stroud
The Porkchop Express
AG
Max Power said:

We're less than a month from football...sort of. Training camp opens on 7/17 and the HOF game is on 8/1. Andre will be inducted on Saturday 8/3. I'd love to go to that, to see the first Texan enshrined but that's not in the cards unfortunately. Hope there's a big crowd for him.
Of the handful of pro football players I met while a sportswriter, Andre was far and away the classiest, willing to talk football to a big idiot like me for several minutes while watching a HS game.

Mario Williams response was "Leave me alone" and Amobi Okoye brushed me off without saying a word.

And in my finest moment as a professional, Lawrence Taylor told me "I don't have time to answer no MF questions from no MF reporter. I'm playing golf right now, MFER!"
Max Power
AG
Of those you listed I've only briefly encountered Lawrence Taylor. I was working in FL and leaving the office one afternoon and when I opened the door Lawrence Taylor was there headed inside. When you're not prepared to see that guy when you open the door it's jarring to put it mildly. If I've encountered a scarier looking individual before or after, it's not registering.
Johnsy3
AG

Micah Parsons has been hanging out with CJ a lot this off-season….he's got one year left on his deal right? Let's bring him in
MaxPower
He will get tagged so won't be that easy.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Max Power said:

Of those you listed I've only briefly encountered Lawrence Taylor. I was working in FL and leaving the office one afternoon and when I opened the door Lawrence Taylor was there headed inside. When you're not prepared to see that guy when you open the door it's jarring to put it mildly. If I've encountered a scarier looking individual before or after, it's not registering.
He was in Houston at a high school athletic booster club's charity tournament. The tournament committee called us at the paper to say he was there and invited us to come out and interview him. When we got to the pro shop, one of the women started describing him as "he's black, he's fairly muscular" and I was like, "yeah, we know what Lawrence Taylor looks like."

Apparently they didn't mention to him that he was going to be interviewed because he just went off when we approached him after he had teed off and was just sitting in the cart. He was with the booster club president who was just mortified. The funniest part of the whole deal was that the 4th member of their group was Nick Van Exel, who just stood there while LT blew up at me.

When the booster club guy talked him down, he agreed to 5 minutes. One of my questions was asking what had brought him to the tournament and he said it was for a "Good friend's football camp" but he couldn't remember the friend's name, eventually identifying him as "Corey Raven", which I was able to piece together meant "Corey Redding" who plays for the Ravens.

Faustus
I was hoping you were going to say Van Exel darted away quickly.
Max Power
AG
Ironically I've run into Nick Van Exel before as well. He was on the Mavericks for a season while I was living in Dallas and Cuban must have owned a house down the street in the neighborhood I was living in. After he was gone Josh Howard lived in that house as a rookie. Both quiet, would just see them walking around the neighborhood from time to time. Both were better neighbors than I imagine LT would have been.
Sea Speed
AG
Man on the street interview with Cal is hilarious. He's like "is this guy for real?"

The Porkchop Express
AG
Max Power said:

Ironically I've run into Nick Van Exel before as well. He was on the Mavericks for a season while I was living in Dallas and Cuban must have owned a house down the street in the neighborhood I was living in. After he was gone Josh Howard lived in that house as a rookie. Both quiet, would just see them walking around the neighborhood from time to time. Both were better neighbors than I imagine LT would have been.
it was really weird to be around a recognizable pro athlete and have zero interest in talking to him because the other guy was such an all-timer.

RC_57
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

it was really weird to be around a recognizable pro athlete and have zero interest in talking to him because the other guy was such an all-timer.

Similar experience.

Couple of years, thought I'm heading over for lunch at Wunsche Bros Caf & Saloon in Old Town Spring.

As I'm pulling down the street just in front of Cafe there's a film crew pointed towards a couple of guys standing next to an late '90s F250.

As I pull past I'm .... whoa.

I swing around the block, find a place to park and hustle back towards Wuncshe Bros.

The film crew is idling about, on break I guess, but the two guys are still there.

As I'm crossing the street towards the guys I announced "As an Aggie and a Texan it's cool seeing Lyle Lovett. But as a racer, I gotta talk to Kyle (Petty)."

He was cool. We sat around for about 20 minutes shooting the bull about racing.

Lyle? I guess he wandered off...
Ag_07
AG
Former Texan Jacoby Jones passed away at age 40. I don't see a cause of death anywhere.

Al Bula
AG
wtf?!

Very sad.
IrishAg
Ag_07 said:

Former Texan Jacoby Jones passed away at age 40. I don't see a cause of death anywhere.

Wow, so sad.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.