Timeline for Fall 2021 freshmen applications

45,861 Views | 160 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ag4Apple
aggal98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any news for anyone this morning?
Maroon Elephant
AG
Nothing from A&M but our senior is heading to Ole Miss this week for a full day, personalized tour complete with breakfast and lunch with counselors and student leaders and one on one meetings with department admins and professors. Regardless of where we end up, Ole Miss has gone above and beyond to roll out the red carpet. Auburn has been great too, but Ole Miss has really been impressive in their communication and availability.
Charpie
AG
They do a great job. I have a friend who was a tu legacy send his daughter to Ole Miss. She got into tu...but she got a full ride and then some. They send him a check every semester. Plus she got to do honors there.
Maroon Elephant
AG
Mine won't get a full ride at Ole Miss, but before it's over I think in-state tuition plus a scholarship or two may be on the table.
Another Doug
AG
You also get two spouse approved Aggie road trips
Mookie
AG
Still nothing. Have a senior that would have auto admitted with test scores before they killed it, 4 year letterman and captain at 6a school, Eagle Scout, blah blah blah.

Going to Tennessee next month if nothing. They actually seem like they want to have him there.
Charpie
AG
The only auto admits are top 10 percenters
Mookie
AG
This year yes. Last year and years prior, no.
Another Doug
AG
Just give it a week or so, A&M just needs to find spots for all the top 10% losers before they know for sure where to put the people they want .
Charpie
AG
My daughter has two friends who were auto admits that are taking up spots at A&M but are going to go to tu. She's been begging them to go ahead and decline the Aggie offer so those spots go to someone who wants them
aggal98
AG
I'm wondering if that's the hold up. We still have "on waitlist & considered for team Blinn". Still only 3 tabs.
Charpie
AG
Could be. That's why when my kiddo got in, the first thing she did was go tell the other schools that she was going to attend A&M to free up money and spots for others.
Another Doug
AG
We are doing our first official college visit this week at UTD. I hate Dallas and the color orange, but they seem to be building a nice school there.
Another Doug
AG
Looking like my kid will be going the UTD route, what they are offering is just too good.

Anyone want a never been used A&M class of 2025 yard sign?
Charpie
AG
The one that looks like this?
Another Doug
AG
This...
Charpie
AG
That was the one we were supposed to get.

Another Doug
AG
If you swing by CS you can have it
Maroon Elephant
AG
Congrats on the UTD offer, sounds like a great total package! We all love aTm, but the goal these days is get the best education with the least amount of debt/expense as possible.
Another Doug
AG
Maroon Elephant said:

Congrats on the UTD offer, sounds like a great total package! We all love aTm, but the goal these days is get the best education with the least amount of debt/expense as possible.

She got a great scholarship to A&M too, but growing up in CS I think she is ready to move. The good news is I get to be a UTD football fan now too.
Amy3kids
I'll take the sign off your hands, if you still have it! Youngest son is TAMU25.
Another Doug
AG
Maroon Elephant
AG
My bad on this post, apparently I misunderstood part of the app process.
Another Doug
AG
A&M has the luxury of being the best school participating in the top 10% program and a destination school for STEM majors, so they don't really need to work as hard as some of the others .

Maroon Elephant
AG
I get it but that's very disappointing.
Charpie
AG
You only send the transcript after you've been admitted.
Maroon Elephant
AG
You only send the transcript or enter your grades manually after you've been admitted?
TAMUAdmissions
AG
All required documents for domestic freshmen applicants, how to get them to us and when to apply are shown at https://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/apply. Outside of the exceptions noted on the link, the high school transcript is not required until admitted.
Charpie
AG
To apply, you enter your grades. A transcript isn't required until AFTER you're accepted.
Mookie
AG
Just got the option of engineering in Galveston or Blinn through the portal, but it says not an offer of admission, he just had to pick an option. Getting closer or false hope?
Charpie
AG
Getting closer. That's GOOD!
WhoHe
AG
Make sure and act quickly! Those spots fill up!
Mookie
AG
We check 3 or 4 times a day. As soon as we saw it we selected TAMU Engineering at Blinn
Mookie
AG
He has the 6 tabs now.
Charpie
AG
Yay. Congrats

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.