Timeline for Fall 2021 freshmen applications

45,902 Views | 160 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ag4Apple
Another Doug
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We got a letter a couple weeks ago with merit scholarship info. It did not come with acceptance package.
Charpie
AG
Still waiting here.

Kid is doing ok.

Her mother, on the other hand, isn't.
aggal98
AG
Charpie said:

Still waiting here.

Kid is doing ok.

Still waiting here, too. It's torture lol.
Mookie
AG
aggal98 said:

Charpie said:

Still waiting here.

Kid is doing ok.

Still waiting here, too. It's torture lol.

Still waiting here too. About to lose dorm deposits at backup school but can't request refund until A&M decides.
sushi94
AG
trying to decide if we need to spend spring break visiting back-ups.
Kid is losing hair - at this rate he'll look like daddy by spring break! LOL
FearNoWeevil
AG
Nephew still waiting...trying to talk my sister off the ledge!
Charpie
AG
In officially today. The tabs in Howdy updated last week.
nn0803
Did you get a full admission?
Charpie
AG
Gateway
aggal98
AG
Any updates from those still waiting? I heard several received PSA yesterday. Nothing has changed for us.
Charpie
AG
Were you waitlisted?
aggal98
AG
Yes - we are waitlisted and being considered for TEAM.
Charpie
AG
It seems like you may have to wait for a while.

Good news - worst case scenario your kid is gonna get Blinn Team.
aggal98
AG
Just curious - where did you hear that "worst case scenario"? Not that we won't be thrilled, but just wondering...
Charpie
AG
I went and looked at last years admissions thread on college confidential. Everyone who was waitlisted either got a full admit or team.
aggal98
AG
Oh! Smart thinking. Thanks!
aggal98
AG
Charpie said:

I went and looked at last years admissions thread on college confidential. Everyone who was waitlisted either got a full admit or team.
So I just went to look at last year's thread. I see at least two who were waitlisted and then saw 6 tabs that changed back to 3 tabs and then ended up with only a PSA offer (on April 17)... This is just awful. We are going to go ahead and make some trips elsewhere to have a plan b ready to go.
Charpie
AG
that sucks
MarleyFeed97
AG
Got PSA yesterday so weighing options now and hoping to get some guidance from admission counselor from her intended Dept. CC and Tarleton are only other campuses we are considering from the list of options provided via the portal.
-MarleyFeed97
bethb0505
We have not received anything, not a waitlist or PSA. What does this mean?
Charpie
AG
bethb0505 said:

We have not received anything, not a waitlist or PSA. What does this mean?
It means you're waiting like a lot of other people
bethb0505
Ok. Then I guess that is good.
sushi94
AG
I really don't remember the wait some 31 years ago when I was a HS senior. This is agonizing i guess partly due to all the access to information we have and the need for instant gratification.

Like many others my son applied in Oct. and are still waiting to hear.

We are now going to travel to have un-official visits to his next 2 choices that accepted him back in October.
Putting deposits down for dorms etc.

Funny- my parents didn't do anything to help in the decision process - just told me I was expected to go to college. Got accepted to the 4 schools I applied to and only took one visit to A&M and that was it.

My son was chased by smaller schools for football but I think he has decided to hang up the cleats. Keeping fingers crossed he gets into A&M but at this point we're preparing for other options - which are all great just long distance and OOS.

Thanks for reading - just had to get it off my chest - no one other than the wife to talk to with WFH!
Mookie
AG
I'm in your exact same boat. The 6 month and no decision is borderline abuse.
Maroon Elephant
AG
Same here. I'm starting to think the long wait has my senior less concerned about getting accepted. She is really starting to favor Ole Miss and Auburn who have both been in constant contact since accepting her. We'll just wait and see but it's getting down to the wire.
sushi94
AG
We are heading to Mich State next week. My son has had zoom calls with deans there and they have been very helpful. I've heard that Michigan universities overall are struggling due to the decline of in-state high school population - not sure if true.

Arizona State over Good Friday is next.
Maroon Elephant
AG
A good time will be had by all at Arizona State. Fun place!
Another Doug
AG
Maroon Elephant said:

A good time will be had by all at Arizona State. Fun place!
I researched a ton of schools and I was surprisingly impressed with ASU academics.
MarleyFeed97
AG
Daughter got PSA offer earlier this week but her major not available through PTA so would have to pick something else and risk losing credits. Contacted TAMU CS counselor in her intended major and they have been helpful - albeit they said don't do PTA, just goto juco and apply later as straight transfer.

Soooo we've been waiting since mid-Oct to get to this point and are now likely going elsewhere. First discontinuing the academic admit program and then dropping the SAT requirement screwed this incoming class allowing so many (55k I hear) applicants and setting the stage for lesser qualified admits through wholistic review.
-MarleyFeed97
Charpie
AG
Not just that, but the fact that kids took a gap year this year, so kids from the 2024 class applied this year.

It sucks. I'm so sorry
aggal98
AG
Just a update from us - still no changes. Going to visit a couple other campuses next week. Hope everyone has a good spring break and hopefully some good news will be headed our way soon!
sushi94
AG
Penn state, Michigan state, Arizona state, tech, UofH, LSU , Seton Hall, all accepted. Oregon and A&M left to hear from.
Maroon Elephant
AG
Are any of you getting in-state tuition rates from out of state schools? That will likely be a requirement for us if we let our senior go out of state. Otherwise, it will likely be one or two years of JUCO then Reapply to A&M, which is the only in-state school our kiddo is interested in.
Another Doug
AG
Yes, but I t really depends on where you apply, we picked schools where that was a possibility
Charpie
AG
We got that at Oregon State and Oklahoma State

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.