Timeline for Fall 2021 freshmen applications

45,840 Views | 160 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ag4Apple
Mookie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AIS just updated, accepted into Texas A&M Engineering at Blinn
Charpie
AG
YAY
Goose
AG
TAMUAdmissions said:

Freshman decisions are ongoing and hopefully will be finished by late March.
Well that didn't age very well...
Another Doug
AG
Goose said:

TAMUAdmissions said:

Freshman decisions are ongoing and hopefully will be finished by late March.
Well that didn't age very well...

They didn't say what year.
aggal98
AG
Anyone here this morning who still has waitlist/Blinn Team consideration as a status? Or has everyone changed to Complete & Under Review?
Goose
AG
Our Daughter's app was "waitlist/team" and now shows "complete and under review".
Goose
AG
Goose said:

Our Daughter's app was "waitlist/team" and now shows "complete and under review".
And now updated to PSA. Oh well - A&M's loss is OU's gain!
Another Doug
AG
Goose said:

Goose said:

Worked out well for Kyler , good luck and have fun beating tu every year.
Goose
AG
Another Doug said:

Goose said:

Goose said:

Worked out well for Kyler , good luck and have fun beating tu every year.
Yeah Mrs. Goose and I are Aggies and she'll be a Sooner, so a common enemy in t.u. will always be a point we'll all agree on.
Kylie Campbell
Hey! I have applied for fall 2022 admissions here at A&M. I am just wondering what the timeline will be for when I will hear back about my application. Thank you so much!
TAMUAdmissions
AG
It depends on your applicant type (there are six). For domestic freshmen applicants, Top 10 applicants in Texas with a complete file in our office often hear a decision within a few weeks with first letters going out around late September. Since applicants have until December 1 to apply and December 15 to be sure the supporting documents are in our office, it will not be until after that do we know how competitive the pool is for Review Admits. As a result, Review Admits may hear a decision anytime although after January 1 is more likely. Hopefully Review Admit decisions will be completed by late March.
cc_ag92
AG
Found the answer so deleted the question
aggie93
AG
My son got his App in about 6 weeks ago and still nothing but under review. Applied to A&M for Ag Eco and Galveston for Marine Transportation. Solid GPA, decent SAT, good extras. Wife and I are both Ags and Dad was Head Yell in the '50s. He is hearing it may be until February? That's really difficult, is there any way to know anything before then?

He applied to Tech and Arkansas and got admitted within days, Arkie gave him in state tuition. Applying to LSU as well and expects the same as Arkie. Desperately wants to be an Ag and very interested in the Corps but not sure if we are holding out false hope. Would be a real relief to know where he stands without having to feel like he has to anxiously check every day for the next 3 months. It's very stressful.
TAMUAdmissions
AG
It won't matter. On our website for freshman applicants, it shows "Tell us your story. What unique opportunities or challenges have you experienced throughout your high school career that have shaped who you are today?" You can go by that wording.
TAMUAdmissions
AG
The answer we just posted was in response to an earlier question asking about a slight difference in wording for freshman essays for ApplyTexas vs. Coalition.

We can certainly understand the stress of waiting to hear a decision. It is possible he could hear sooner as mentioned below.

However, for domestic freshmen applicants, Top 10 applicants in Texas with a complete file in our office often hear a decision within a few weeks with first letters going out around late September. Since applicants have until December 1 to apply and December 15 to be sure the supporting documents are in our office, it is not until after that do we know how competitive the pool is for Review Admits. As a result, Review Admits may hear a decision anytime although after January 1 is more likely. Hopefully Review Admit decisions will be completed by late March.

It he checks AIS about once a week, that is probably enough - perhaps at the end of each week.

aggie93
AG
TAMUAdmissions said:

The answer we just posted was in response to an earlier question asking about a slight difference in wording for freshman essays for ApplyTexas vs. Coalition.

We can certainly understand the stress of waiting to hear a decision. It is possible he could hear sooner as mentioned below.

However, for domestic freshmen applicants, Top 10 applicants in Texas with a complete file in our office often hear a decision within a few weeks with first letters going out around late September. Since applicants have until December 1 to apply and December 15 to be sure the supporting documents are in our office, it is not until after that do we know how competitive the pool is for Review Admits. As a result, Review Admits may hear a decision anytime although after January 1 is more likely. Hopefully Review Admit decisions will be completed by late March.

It he checks AIS about once a week, that is probably enough - perhaps at the end of each week.

Thank you, that's very helpful and that makes sense. Will just keep moving forward on all fronts and hope for good news. He has the common story of being a smart, well rounded kid with good grades but at a highly competitive HS where Class Rank is extremely difficult (if you don't get All A's in Pre AP/AP classes Top 10 is out and you are borderline Top 25 and he has gotten a few B's). Really hope he gets a shot, he's just always grown up wanting to be an Aggie and even though we are trying to get him to look at the other options I know they would be a disappointment to him.
aggie93
AG
My son just got his Galveston acceptance! Know we have to wait for a bit on CS but super excited for him, 3rd Generation!
Big Al 1992
AG
Started this thread about 18 months ago! Glad to see it has helped out a bunch of folks, it certainly helped us! TAMU Admissions is great with their info and communication. Time really does fly by - our daughter, who had just finished her Covid shortened junior year in high school when this was first posted, had an awesome, very successful first semester as an Aggie living in Hullabaloo. She met a ton of new friends, made great grades, and saw the Ags beat Bama! She heads back this weekend for the spring semester. She loves being an Aggie!
Ag4Apple
AG
Big Al, this thread has definitely been helpful, so thank you!

My oldest son (of Aggie Films fame) who is a senior in High School here in Virginia this year is still waiting to hear if he got in. Thanks to this thread, we knew we wouldn't hear anything until January or February at the earliest, being out of state.

Glad to hear your daughter is having a great experience. Here is hoping our son gets accepted and we hear soon!
Leander - Ag
AG
Ag4Apple said:

Big Al, this thread has definitely been helpful, so thank you!

My oldest son (of Aggie Films fame) who is a senior in High School here in Virginia this year is still waiting to hear if he got in. Thanks to this thread, we knew we wouldn't hear anything until January or February at the earliest, being out of state.

Glad to hear your daughter is having a great experience. Here is hoping our son gets accepted and we hear soon!

Waiting to hear on our daughter! Hopefully we know soon!
Ag4Apple
AG
Update: my son just checked AIS today, and was presented with a message saying that "The admission limits on the College Station campus have been reached and a limited number of additional offers of full admission may be made going forward"

Then he was presented with a choice ... Choose to go on the waitlist only, waitlist & TEAM, or TEAM only. We have to make a selection by March 1st. We are choosing waitlist and TEAM.

Hopefully we will hear something definitive about TEAM soon, my guess is we don't really have another option at this point.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.