YouBet said:
From a political fallout standpoint, I think we need to leave Iran and focus on the Western Hemisphere almost fully. Internally, we have a burgeoning national crisis on our hands right now with the rise of communism in this country via the DSA. All efforts need to be focused on purging those people. DSA is openly allying with China. It's a literal insurgency gaining a ton of steam. When mainline Democrats are now fretting, it's time to address it but we are distracted with the Iran quagmire that is not going to change.
I was surprised when Trump started the attacks with Iran having run on, per Google:
Quote:
Yes, Donald Trump heavily campaigned on an "America First" platform during the 2024 election leading into his second term, utilizing rhetoric rooted in national sovereignty, skepticism of foreign entanglements, and protectionist tariffs
The tarrifs, like everything EO, easy peasy. The foreign entanglements, with everyone in Trump's orbit having lived through the Iraq debacle, seemed a given that he wouldn't do anything of this magnitude. The bombing last summer made sense, and he said Iran was no longer able to produce nukes at that time.
We have many problems in this country, where the money going to attack Iran could be better spent if either side of the aisle were asked.
I don't think we should leave. We started the military engagement for reasons that I strongly supported Trump for saying: freeing the Iranians who have been protesting for a return to the world they once had. Trump told them help was on the way. If more can be done to help them, then we should.
Words have meanings in the real world. I'd like to think the reason Trump hasn't called this thing off is because he still wants to accomplish what he set out.
I hope he does.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
