Kentucky sheriff kills pedo district judge

16,014 Views | 242 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by cheeky
SW AG80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a friend whose child was molested by a teacher. This friend, at least in his younger days, was a hot head. He told me after it was all over that one evening he parked in front of the teacher's house and had taken a gun with him to shoot the guy. As he sat out front he thought about how his wife and and 4 kids would fare in life if he went to prison.

He decided he did not want to put his family through a fatherless existence so he drove home. Best decision he ever made. Why put your fate, and that of your family, in the hands of other people.

The teacher got his due in prison. Justice was served. Kid who was molested is doing really, really good with 3 beautiful kids and a great wife and great job.
CampSkunk
AG
Probably one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen on TexAgs, and that's saying something. You don't really believe what you said do you? I'll admit that my attitude is colored by the fact that I'm a daily Bible reading and praying evangelical, but even without that I still understand that the society you seem to want would result in anarchy. If you want the death penalty for pedos, then go vote for people who will pass the death penalty for pedos. See how far you get. As it is, we have passed laws that yes, make it illegal to be a pedo. If we ignore this one, which of the other laws should we ignore. The ones you choose? The stronger position is to support your family, not give in to your own selfish desire.
Buck Turgidson
BCG Disciple said:

Clearly he went to make an arrest. The judge resisted, as he thought he was above the law. Not guilty. Next up on the docket??
I like the way you're thinking here.
FatZilla
AG
Lower to manslaughter on crime of passion defense? Release on own supervision with suspended sentence for community service as a LEO. That is the way.
aggieforester05
AG
I believe they actually did pass a law in Florida recently that allows a legal pathway to executing Pedos. I think the general consensus is that it's very unlikely to ever happen due to appeals, but they were able to pass the law.
CampSkunk
AG
I'm so sorry. It's a terrible situation. I hope you can take encouragement in the fact that your family has a desperate need and you are taking the right actions to fulfill that need. Our prayers are with you and your family.
bobbranco
AG
Dr Theopolis said:

16 years old? A junior in HS....yeah that's creepy and absolutely wrong and if true he got what what's coming to him from the father....but it's not pedophilia.
Pederast / child rapist / pedophile / kiddie diddler. Take your pick Professor Egghead.
TRADUCTOR
Too many fathers gave FJB a pass.
When The Going Gets Weird, the Weird Turn Pro -HST
Esteban du Plantier
AG
FatZilla said:

Lower to manslaughter on crime of passion defense? Release on own supervision with suspended sentence for community service as a LEO. That is the way.

Yes, I would consider that 'sufficiently provoked' to charge with manslaughter.
Rocag
AG
What actually was the Sheriff upset at the judge about? Because what this thread is saying and what the news reports are saying are completely different. None of the articles I've seen say anything about the Sheriff's daughter.

Something related to this, maybe?

Per USA Today

Quote:

Stines was expected to give a deposition related to a 2022 lawsuit on Monday, the Courier Journal reported. The lawsuit accused a former deputy sheriff of offering a woman "favorable treatment for sexual favors."

The Kentucky woman who filed the suit accused former Deputy Sheriff Ben Fields of coercing her into sexual acts that were allegedly performed inside Mullins' chambers after the woman said she couldn't afford home incarceration. According to the suit, Fields asked the woman to meet him in the courthouse after dark and removed her ankle monitor. The suit did not say Mullins was aware that the alleged abuse occurred in his chambers.

Stines, a defendant in the lawsuit, was accused of "failing to properly train" Fields and failing to "reasonably respond" to reports of the alleged abuse. He later fired Fields for "conduct unbecoming," the Courier Journal reported.

William Foster
bobbranco
AG
48 hour rule...
Texas velvet maestro
Sherriff in the system, sees the power and in effect, immunity, the judges have. the wicked irony that the very worst people in the country get to the top of the judicial system.

And the hubris of these pedophiles is so crazy.
aggieforester05
AG
CampSkunk said:

I'm so sorry. It's a terrible situation. I hope you can take encouragement in the fact that your family has a desperate need and you are taking the right actions to fulfill that need. Our prayers are with you and your family.
Thank you!
BrazosDog02
AG
Three pages in and I still can't find any facts around pedophilia. I'd need a lot more than an emotional kid telling me some guy messed with them to warrant killing a person. If this is what happened then that hothead sheriff not only killed his career, he's removed himself from his child's life. That's a first degree murder charge and for good reason.

If my daughter told me this information, I'd be collecting a lot of info prior to handling it the right way where I could be involved in the process rather than be lugged off the jail. Emotional decisions rarely work out well for everyone.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
I read a similar old article.

How does the judge not know a deputy is taking a prisoner in there for sex? Are his chambers unlocked?

Is it possible that judge was in on the party?
Logos Stick
"Some emotional kid"

You mean your own daughter.

Good grief, what a terrible take.
William Foster
Ghost Mech said:

Quote:

Since we clearly cannot trust our justice system, stories like this are bound to happen and the populace is growing more and more sympathy for those getting their own justice.
I am not saying I'm not sympathetic to his cause but he definitely went about it the wrong way.

If you want to make the argument that the courts are no longer able to provide justice and he had to take things into his own hands.

At least do it to where he had a chance to walk free..... He's a cop. He knows the rules of evidence. He knows how criminals operate. etc.

Instead of walking into a courthouse and offing the guy with cameras and witnesses, why not wait, pull the judge over on a rainy night, kill him and dump the body. Hell, if he's gone that far, why not frame a criminal to take the fall? Who knows maybe he could steer the investigation too?

Do you have a daughter? Even if so, I think it's best for a person to hold off on casting stones in a case like this until something like this happens to that person. I cannot even begin to imagine being of sane mind and judgement if something like this happened to mine. I might be entirely driven to kill her predator (I think that is hardwired into most of us personally), damn everything else. Luckily I have never experienced anything even close to this, and pray none of us ever do.
Rocag
AG
Esteban du Plantier said:

How does the judge not know a deputy is taking a prisoner in there for sex? Are his chambers unlocked?

Or would the deputy have the keys? I have no idea.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
JohnnyStatueNow said:

You can tell who has kids, especially daughters, on this thread and who doesn't based on the comments. It would take an act of God to stop me from doing the same thing to anyone who did this to one of my kids.
I have a daughter but this is the conservative version of #metoo. Believe all people who call themselves victims, right?
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
suburban cowboy
AG
I'm going to give the Sheriff the benefit of the doubt.

Justice was serviced. I pray the victim fully heals and I hope the Sheriff gets off.
Gaelige
20 year prison sentence...deferred

Think that is fair IMO.
doubledog
RustyBV said:

Of course the AP story has no mention of the judge being a pedo, why would they leave that part out?...
Because it is hearsay at this point. It will come out.
What we do know about the judge.

Quote:

Mullins was appointed in 2009 by Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear (democrat) and was elected in his own right a year later, according to The Mountain Eagle. He has been reelected ever since. Mullins' death was confirmed by the current governor, Andy Beshear, son of Steve Beshear.

https://www.newsnationnow.com/crime/who-is-judge-kevin-mullins/
cevans_40
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

Once the people know that victims will no longer get justice, you will see them increasingly take justice into their own hands.

The justice system only works if it works to deter criminal activity and if the people feel it will obtain justice for victims and trust it to do so.

Our system that now prioritizes letting certain criminals walk will continue to see a break down in law and order as otherwise law abiding citizens that simply crave justice feel that they have no recourse and cannot obtain justice through the law.
FIFY
ME92
AG
Texas velvet maestro said:

Sherriff in the system, sees the power and in effect, immunity, the judges have. the wicked irony that the very worst people in the country get to the top of the judicial system.

And the support pedos have from the general public.

About 5 years ago I thought that pedophilia was going to be legal in 20 years. I way over-estimated that time frame. It'll be legal in 5 years.
Dr Theopolis
bobbranco said:

Dr Theopolis said:

16 years old? A junior in HS....yeah that's creepy and absolutely wrong and if true he got what what's coming to him from the father....but it's not pedophilia.
Pederast / child rapist / pedophile / kiddie diddler. Take your pick Professor Egghead.
Words have meanings, right? The worst of the MAPs are pedophiles, who are attracted to children who haven't reached puberty. If true about this 16 year teenage girl, this guy is a scumbag but he's no pedo. Reserve that description for those who are actually that bad off.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
bobbranco said:

The deceased.

Dead eyes
SW AG80
AG
That will be shot down by the Supreme Court. We are fortunate to still have capital punishment for some murders.
FTAG 2000
AG
Esteban du Plantier said:

There's absolutely zero chance this judge, or any judge, doesn't know what's going on in or in proximity to their chambers. Zero.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
ME92 said:

About 5 years ago I thought that pedophilia was going to be legal in 20 years. I way over-estimated that time frame. It'll be legal in 5 years.
How much would you like to bet?
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
akaggie05 said:

bobbranco said:

The deceased.

Yep. The pedo-smile.

Showed my wife this photo with no context and she said, "Did that guy do something with a minor?"
Tanya 93
ME92 said:

It will not be legal in 5, 10, 25 years.
ME92
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

Three pages in and I still can't find any facts around pedophilia. I'd need a lot more than an emotional kid telling me some guy messed with them to warrant killing a person. If this is what happened then that hothead sheriff not only killed his career, he's removed himself from his child's life. That's a first degree murder charge and for good reason.

If my daughter told me this information, I'd be collecting a lot of info prior to handling it the right way where I could be involved in the process rather than be lugged off the jail. Emotional decisions rarely work out well for everyone.
If the molestation/rape part of this story is true:

The sheriff probably went through the daughter's phone messages, computer logs, etc to find information.

The sheriff also probably knew that the judge was family with the county attorney, making it very unlikely that any charge would be investigated.

The sheriff probably prevented more young girls from being molested and raped by taking out the trash.

I hope his daughter heals and he gets off of all charges.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
What if he was wrong?
Tanya 93
Dr Theopolis said:

bobbranco said:

Dr Theopolis said:

Words have meanings, right? The worst of the MAPs are pedophiles, who are attracted to children who haven't reached puberty. If true about this 16 year teenage girl, this guy is a scumbag but he's no pedo. Reserve that description for those who are actually that bad off.

I remember posters waiting for Emma Watson to turn 18 so she could show her boobs in a movie.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.