So how is the French Olympics going......

83,087 Views | 867 Replies | Last: 28 days ago by Squadron7
drewser95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just my opinion, but I'd rather this thread didn't become a repository for random perverse videos found on Twitter which may or may not have anything to do with the Paris Olympics.

I didn't want to see it on NBC, and I sure don't want to see it on TexAgs.
captkirk
AG
cslifer said:

He is right because it is literally not the last supper. It was a representation of Greek gods. People are getting upset over because they aren't willing to do a bit of reading and see what it was.
No one told the fatty who performed the role of Jesus, because she posted it along side a picture of the Last Supper and then deleted it. Said it was the "Gay New Testament"
captkirk
AG
cslifer said:

It blows my mind that so many people can get their feelings hurt so badly by how they chose to interpret a performance.
Try it with Islam and see how your mind fares.
redcrayon
AG
nai06 said:

12 pages in, has anyone realized it wasn't a depiction of the last supper but a nod to Dionysus and Greek Bacchanalia or that there was no rider on a pale horse but Sequana, the goddess of the seine?

Or all y'all still just on a roll?

The people involved disagree with you. No sense in goal-tending when the creators contradict you.
No Spin Ag
Urban Ag said:

Wife and I have always watched the summer Olympics as long as we have been together. Not going to tune in for any of it.

My take on this whole thing is that the people that planned and approved that crap for opening ceremony did so to piss me off. In other words, they don't want me to watch their product.

Guess what, it worked.

If you have a favorite sport, you can find just that one on Twitter/X. They've got every clip of every event on there.

That's what I do. I just you to X and search for the sports I like and only have to watch those.

Just a suggestion.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Urban Ag
AG
I really don't care about any of the sports. I like the personalities and I like to see the US win. I like to see young people achieve their dreams.

But the left decided to give me the finger which has demotivated me from investing any time viewing. I don't care what platform it's on, that's not the point.
The Kraken
AG
I don't know what the intent of the producers was, but I didn't find anything offensive. Jesus invites all to His table. All this bellyaching just pushes more people away IMO.
Ellis Wyatt
The Kraken said:

All this bellyaching just pushes more people away IMO.
People who care about others care that they know the truth.
ttu_85
The Kraken said:

I don't know what the intent of the producers was, but I didn't find anything offensive. Jesus invites all to His table. All this bellyaching just pushes more people away IMO.
So sure lets just make Jesus whatever the left wants so that none get pushed away. Just make that the truth for the day.

Bud its doesnt work that way. Uh isn't there a verse that says God is who he is today as yesterday.
Ellis Wyatt
ttu_85 said:

The Kraken said:

So sure lets just make Jesus whatever the left wants so that none get pushed away. Just make that the truth for the day.

Bud its doesnt work that way. Uh isn't there a verse that says God is who he is today as yesterday.
Quote:

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. -- Hebrews 13:8

2wealfth Man
AG
The Kraken said:

he also asks them to repent and not separate themselves from the Father; it is a two part deal
one safe place
Can't imagine what life must be like for those goaltending for degenerates.
Urban Ag
AG
The Kraken said:

this is an absolutely absurd take

HowdyTexasAggies
AG
The Kraken said:

You didn't find the dudes ball sack offensive? If not, I assume that also means you were all in on the three gay dudes going for the mnage trois?
bobbranco
AG
Raiderjay said:

Well starting off with a mockery of the Last Supper......

Ooooof.
That's fat and nasty.
The Kraken
AG
HowdyTexasAggies said:

The Kraken said:

You didn't find the dudes ball sack offensive? If not, I assume that also means you were all in on the three gay dudes going for the mnage trois?
Didn't see a ball sack. The implied menage with the one girl and two guys...yeah that was weird, but it is France.
The Kraken
AG
one safe place said:

Sorry, I just don't get offended easily. Maybe I'm just too laid back.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
The Kraken said:

HowdyTexasAggies said:

The Kraken said:

Didn't see a ball sack. The implied menage with the one girl and two guys...yeah that was weird, but it is France.

You are disingenuous at best.
The Kraken
AG
Lying? No sir.
Bird Poo
AG
The Kraken said:

EskimoJoe
1st Generation Ag
During the opening ceremonies in London in 2012 I was disappointed that the British didn't seem to take their own country very seriously. So much history and culture and they made it all about some kid using social media at a party. I was hoping the French would put on a show that was distinctively and proudly French, and unfortunately that's what we got.

It's a shame that the French today revere the Revolution and la Republique, as you saw in that beheaded Marie Antoinette. The French Revolution was a bloodbath that actually coined the term "Reign of Terror." For a short time the Enlightenment had total control and the gloves came off, and the world saw that the Jacobins were far worse than the monarchy they overthrew. After several more rounds of bloodletting eventually resulted in Napoleon's rise and fall and settled on the Republic that exists today, the so-called Enlightenment and its principles ended up in charge and that's where France is today.

But the France that we (used to) enjoy - culture, art, literature, cuisine, traditions, architecture, museums - what they call la France profonde - could never have arisen in the atheist Republique if it had not had its roots in the Ancien Regime. Everything that used to be good about France came from its Catholic past. The French really do revere the Revolution and despise the Ancien Regime, and this is its natural end.
C@LAg
Unrelease the kraken/
samurai_science
The Kraken said:

Well we know what the intent was, they have shared it via social media posts. Yes, they are invited to show up and stop sinning against the God of Israel.

Smooth brains will line up to defend entertainment if its something they like, it never gets old.
barbacoa taco
AG
redcrayon said:

nai06 said:

12 pages in, has anyone realized it wasn't a depiction of the last supper but a nod to Dionysus and Greek Bacchanalia or that there was no rider on a pale horse but Sequana, the goddess of the seine?

The people involved disagree with you. No sense in goal-tending when the creators contradict you.
They did? Seems like anyone and everyone involved who has spoken out about it has confirmed it was a nod to Dionysus

Even if you think they're full of it, why would they parody the Last Supper in the opening ceremony? Da Vinci was italian. and the Olympics originated in ancient Greece. Dionysus was the ancient Greek God of wine. The latter is undoubtedly more relevant to the Olympics than the Last Supper.

This all gained traction because a few people (namely Elon Musk and other big right wing figures) lost their minds on Twitter and people have been triggered and outraged out of their minds since.
samurai_science
Why do lefist do anything? They are in damage control mode, but the damage is done.
ttu_85
The Kraken said:

one safe place said:

Sorry, I just don't get offended easily. Maybe I'm just too laid back.
I recall you having a pretty conservative posting history. Did you hit your head? If so I hope you are going to be okay. That or someone stole your account.
Velvet Jones
AG
barbacoa taco said:

redcrayon said:

nai06 said:

They did? Seems like anyone and everyone involved who has spoken out about it has confirmed it was a nod to Dionysus

Even if you think they're full of it, why would they parody the Last Supper in the opening ceremony? Da Vinci was italian. and the Olympics originated in ancient Greece. Dionysus was the ancient Greek God of wine. The latter is undoubtedly more relevant to the Olympics than the Last Supper.

This all gained traction because a few people (namely Elon Musk and other big right wing figures) lost their minds on Twitter and people have been triggered and outraged out of their minds since.
They said they did it intentionally?

It was largely scrubbed in English yesterday, but if your French is up to snuff it's still out there.
ttu_85
barbacoa taco said:

redcrayon said:

nai06 said:

Bawhahahaha. You do know they admitted in prior SM post it was meant to mock Christians. And this excuse has been totally busted.

But carry on with your typical, "a day late and a dollar short" sort of political BS
Ellis Wyatt
Quote:

Quote:

I guess they forgot to tell the fat chick in the middle. You know, the one mocking Jesus.

C@LAg
nortex97
AG

Sorry, mockery of your disgusting display is…perfectly legal, Dr. Butch.
DargelSkout
AG
Grossophobic? Wtf, is that real?
No Spin Ag
C@LAg said:

I have no idea what the goal of that sport is, but every time I come across it, I can't keep my eyes of it.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
No Spin Ag
Your medal update.

3 Gold, 8 Silver, and 9 Bronze.

We're fifth in number of gold medals but number one in total number of medals won. There's still enough competitions that We're favored to win that we should still win the most gold medals by the end of the Olympics.

Either way, our Olympians seem to be having the times of their lives.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.