So how is the French Olympics going......

83,214 Views | 867 Replies | Last: 29 days ago by Squadron7
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No Spin Ag said:

Since this is about the Olympics, I thought I'd share that right now the U.S. is in third place with medals.

We've got 3 gold, 6 silver, and 3 bronze.

Not a bad start.
Thank you for posting that!

I'm an Ol' Dame but I still do want to know the medal count.

After watching Olympics since I was a kid, pride in the USA was always a factor. But I wasn't really into the Olympics full time until 1972. And that one meant watching 24 hours.

Parents were okay with that as they mostly watched beside me. They went to bed but I stayed up.

So many other great Olympic memories since then. Mark Spitz, Olga Korbut, Nadia, Louganis...

Fel free to add your memories of the Olympic competitors that you remember, for whichever reason.
Reload8098
AG
ttu_85 said:

cslifer said:

I love how instead of admitting you are right people are doubling down on the hurt feelings.
In what way is he right ?

Are hurt feeling publicly expressible by only the left? The lefties burn cities, buildings, flags <2020>, then deface monuments and public buildings < two days ago> its all cool. But oh boy The Right expresses anything publicly without any destruction at all, then its boo-hooing over hurt feelings.

The hypocrisy of the left is so obvious to anyone with a brain. They irony is some on the left actually think they are intelligent or intellectual but yet can't see the obvious.

Bingo! Excellent post.
No Spin Ag
aggiehawg said:

No Spin Ag said:

Since this is about the Olympics, I thought I'd share that right now the U.S. is in third place with medals.

We've got 3 gold, 6 silver, and 3 bronze.

Not a bad start.
Thank you for posting that!

I'm an Ol' Dame but I still do want to know the medal count.

After watching Olympics since I was a kid, pride in the USA was always a factor. But I wasn't really into the Olympics full time until 1972. And that one meant watching 24 hours.

Parents were okay with that as they mostly watched beside me. They went to bed but I stayed up.

So many other great Olympic memories since then. Mark Spitz, Olga Korbut, Nadia, Louganis...

Fel free to add your memories of the Olympic competitors that you remember, for whichever reason.

You've got some great memories, that's for sure.

Honestly, I watch what I can, when I can, BUT, I had the luck of getting to watch Phelps win a few of his gold medals the time when he broke all the records. I remember all but holding my breath the entire time he was in the water, and on that one event where he beat the other guy by, I think, milliseconds, talk about a nail biter!

I just watched the women's team win the gold in fencing. That was very cool. And I just watched Simone Biles perform, and like always, she's on point.

I had to get back on Twitter/X to see these things, and so far it's been so worth it.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Al Bula
AG
The lib goal tending is next level on the whole trans last supper fiasco. Don't let the left NPCs gaslight you into believing anything other than what you observed.
Ellis Wyatt
Especially because the fat broad said exactly what it was.
James Forsyth
nai06 said:

12 pages in, has anyone realized it wasn't a depiction of the last supper but a nod to Dionysus and Greek Bacchanalia or that there was no rider on a pale horse but Sequana, the goddess of the seine?

Or all y'all still just on a roll?

Lesbian Jesus said it was a gay last supper on her instagram. Keep goal-tending though.
Schneider Electric
Bird Poo said:

cslifer said:

He is right because it is literally not the last supper. It was a representation of Greek gods. People are getting upset over because they aren't willing to do a bit of reading and see what it was.

So was fatso lying when she said it was a gay New Testament?

You people defending this are pathetic. Christians have every right to be insulted and disgusted, no matter how hard you try and throw out secondary interpretations.

It speaks volumes to where these people get their news. I mean anybody with a third grade education can look up the story and find out that it was mocking the last supper. And the offense industry is suddenly offended that Christians don't like being mocked. Just try mocking a gay person on tv.
Useful idiots are useful.
cslifer
It blows my mind that so many people can get their feelings hurt so badly by how they chose to interpret a performance.
ATX_AG_08
AG
Liberals will look you dead in the eye and tell you the sky isn't blue.

Even if you were gaslighted into believing it wasn't mocking the last supper, it was still a disgusting display with the hugely obese ***** in spandex, the balls out dude, the drag queen with beard, and with children around. How beautiful!

Forgot about the non-binary polyamorous couple abt to go have a threesome.

The Olympics is supposed to be a family friendly event where countries come together to compete in sports. Not an attack on a political ideology.

The people defending it are showing you exactly what they are. They're ****ing weirdos.
tysker
AG
nai06 said:

ttu_85 said:

Rongagin71 said:

I see why I was advised to block your posts.
Why, those post are often idiotic and that can be entertaining.

He claims the opening was stupid but not because of mocking. Yet thousands if not millions were offended world wide and yet here he is yelling it was not mocking.

This sort of arrogance or narcissism is common with leftest. Just because they dont see it or feel it cant possibly exist. This is also simple blindness or lacking the intelligence to see why so many people may be offended.

Either way this sort of delusion coupled with self aggrandizement is entertaining.

Millions with thin skin or a lack of knowledge about history or art. The man painted blue and dressed as Dionysus should have been a giant clue that it wasn't in reference to the painting "The Last Supper". The more likely candidate is "Feast of the Gods" by Jan Harmensz van Biljert (or numerous similar paintings). That paint actually features Dionysus, Apollo with a halo, and decadent feast. Compare that to "The Last Supper" which feature no feast, no decadence, and no Dionysus.

Emblematic of how poorly the scene was executed. If the referential material is a tongue in cheek use of another work then of course those not knowing the source material will not fully grasp the underlying tone and meaning.

Its like people thinking Hallelujah is a Christmas song not appreciating the version commonly referenced is a cover (Jeff Buckley) which is itself a cover by John Cale who is covering Leonard Cohen.
Not Coach Jimbo
cslifer said:

It blows my mind that so many people can get their feelings hurt so badly by how they chose to interpret a performance.

It blows my mind that people think it's okay to mock another persons religion because "it's a performance".

Not only do you think it's okay, but you think we aren't allowed to be annoyed by this?

Go fly a kite.
Not Coach Jimbo
They are just backpedaling because they got called out. Anyone here pushing their propaganda is just a willfully ignorant sheep at this point.

Just remember you chose them as allies when it comes out in a couple of years that half of them are child abusers etc.
Faustus
Not Coach Jimbo said:

cslifer said:

It blows my mind that people think it's okay to mock another person religion because "it's a performance".

Not only do you think it's okay, but you think we aren't allowed to annoyed by this?

Go fly a kite.

I imagine the folks who put it together would be a little put out if you weren't.

It was more kitschy than avant-garde, so provocative is all it has going for it.
Brother Shamus
Not Coach Jimbo said:

cslifer said:

It blows my mind that people think it's okay to mock another person religion because "it's a performance".

Not only do you think it's okay, but you think we aren't allowed to annoyed by this?

Go fly a kite.

No crap - yet they can get all butthurt and vocalize it at any venue when they disagree with something. Idiots.
2wealfth Man
AG
Not Coach Jimbo said:

They are just backpedaling because they got called out. Anyone here pushing their propaganda is just a willfully ignorant sheep at this point.

Just remember you chose them as allies when it comes out in a couple of years that half of them are child abusers etc.
it's a non-apology apology. "Sorry if you were offended in the way you interpreted it" type thing.
ttu_85
cslifer said:

It blows my mind how obtuse, blind, and stupid others can be. For example this post.
Ellis Wyatt
cslifer said:

Theres no "interpreting" to it. It was exactly as we said, and the fat broad confirmed it. That filth had no business being part of the Olympic ceremony.
spud1910
AG
The Miracle on Ice was a big one for me. Also watching Derek Redmond and his dad.
Poot
Interpret? What's there to interpret? That thing told us what it was… and it's what we thought it was.

Olympic level mental gymnastics by the progressives on this one… Impressive.
Velvet Jones
AG
C'mon. Let's have some intellectual honesty here.

The segment was literally titled "La Cene sur la scene sur la seine" (The Last Supper on the stage on the Seine). So it was obviously meant to be a sexualized mockery of the Last Supper.
nortex97
AG
Wow, I did not know it was possible to earn a zero.

(Note, this is old of course, but from a gentler, more respected time in Olympic pageantry.)
drewser95
AG
Velvet Jones said:

The segment was literally titled "La Cene sur la scene sur la seine" (The Last Supper on the stage on the Seine). So it was obviously meant to be a sexualized mockery of the Last Supper.
Do you have a link to something which shows that was the title? I looked but couldn't find it. Would love to pass that along to shut up my Olympics apologist acquaintances.
Ellis Wyatt
LMCane
HAVE NOT WATCHED A SINGLE SECOND OF THIS FARCE
AgTrip
cslifer said:

So how do you interpret that dude's nuts hanging out? That a wardrobe malfunction? You know that was planned. They knew exactly what they were doing.
akm91
AG
Now if they had mocked Mohammed and Islam......
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
agz win
AG
The boxing this morning has been entertaining.
2wealfth Man
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

we are being gaslighted in an Olympic-sized way
Squadron7
AG
Help me out here.....was this part of the opening cermonies and I just missed it? Or is this one of the new sports introduced this year?

(If this is beyond the pale, please take it down.)
2wealfth Man
AG
Squadron7 said:

Help me out here.....was this part of the opening cermonies and I just missed it? Or is this one of the new sports introduced this year?

it's real gaslighting
Squadron7
AG
Also found on X: This guy is obviously headed home after performing in the opening ceremonies.

The Kraken
AG
Watch it, the number one starred poster got permabanned on premium for showing a butthole.
Squadron7
AG
The Kraken said:

Watch it, the number one starred poster got permabanned on premium for showing a butthole.

That video shows less skin than Beach Volleyball, Sync Diving, or Gymastics in general.
Urban Ag
AG
Wife and I have always watched the summer Olympics as long as we have been together. Not going to tune in for any of it.

My take on this whole thing is that the people that planned and approved that crap for opening ceremony did so to piss me off. In other words, they don't want me to watch their product.

Guess what, it worked.
nu awlins ag
AG
Squadron7 said:

Also found on X: This guy is obviously headed home after performing in the opening ceremonies.

Oh….that's the "lamp shade" Greek God Shadious Lightious.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.