So how is the French Olympics going......

83,329 Views | 867 Replies | Last: 29 days ago by Squadron7
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
what is with the constantly reposting Biden-voting Karen animated gif?

it is tiresome seeing that repeating across the thread due to size and animation
Raiderjay
Isosceles_Kramer
I think that's whacked out "dr" jill he's worshipping
annie88
AG
C@LAg said:

what is with the constantly reposting Biden-voting Karen animated gif?

it is tiresome seeing that repeating across the thread due to size and animation
I guess it's a Democrat Biden, now Kamala supporter that keeps wanting to push that stupid ***** Literally has nothing to do with the Olympics. People who quoted the original post just need to go back and take it out. If the original poster keeps posting it, maybe staff can help.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
annie88
AG
ATX_AG_08 said:

annie88 said:

Claverack said:

Looks like these Olympics are worth ignoring.

I look back on that opening ceremony from London, then watch that monstrosity in Paris, and ponder on what the hell is wrong with the French.

But the problem with the French is the issue with much of Western Civilization in general: a lust for evil and a hatred for truth.
I don't see how is the athletes fault that the French did a ridiculous opening ceremony. If you enjoy some of the sports, it shouldn't matter.

If they mocked Islam all the Islamic states would pull out and Paris would be burning. Christians are feckless and that's why this keeps progressing. At some point, Christians need to put their foot down.
But these athletes have worked their lifetime to get here. They should not be punished because the host city did something stupid. And I know you're right about what the Islamic reaction would've been, and that would've been their choice to pull their athletes. I don't know why Christians would want to punish athletes that had nothing to do with the decisions about this opening ceremony to somehow have Christians put their feet down? That's ridiculous.

You're throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
Fight Fight Fight.
Tada
Buford T. Justice said:

And when it is all said and done?

It isn't until His return. It's His fight. I mean being hated, mocked and ridiculed is a literal promise from the Word. You take it and you give Him glory in it and continue to love, give and serve those persecuting you. That's the job outline.
annie88
AG
SW AG80 said:

annie88 said:

Looks like a Biden cabinet meeting.

How would we know since they never met.
Have you taken a look at people that are in the Biden administration?

I mean actually mentally ill.

When is the Secretary for health and the other is a State representative for Minnesota. Not in his cabinet or administration, but a Democrat.

Fight Fight Fight.
Raiderjay
I will agree forward to focus on the awesomeness of our amazing athletes and their accomplishments and not give any more comment on the idiocy of the opening ceremonies.....

Go Team USA!
JuneBug07
AG
I agree for the most part. Lebron and Bart Griner can break a leg. Literally!
BillYeoman
Tada said:

ATX_AG_08 said:

annie88 said:

Claverack said:

I look back on that opening ceremony from London, then watch that monstrosity in Paris, and ponder on what the hell is wrong with the French.

But the problem with the French is the issue with much of Western Civilization in general: a lust for evil and a hatred for truth.
I don't see how is the athletes fault that the French did a ridiculous opening ceremony. If you enjoy some of the sports, it shouldn't matter.

If they mocked Islam all the Islamic states would pull out and Paris would be burning. Christians are feckless and that's why this keeps progressing. At some point, Christians need to put their foot down.

Being mocked and ridiculed is literally part of the Christian job description.

That is half true. A half truth. I think where a lot of posters defending "art" and this Olympic sized debacle get it wrong is trying to convince other Christians on this board that "You know….the French are great artists. They like to be edgy. You know like the Simpson's. You just intolerant of intolerance….so just accept it….your Christian faith tells you to just accept blasphemous behavior…so just accept blasphemy….because it is tolerant. Now be a good Christian and American and watch swimming."
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CSQlK1OthdY
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BJS06WcDeo8
Little Rock Ag
AG
BillYeoman said:

Tada said:

ATX_AG_08 said:

annie88 said:

Claverack said:

That is half true. A half truth. I think where a lot of posters defending "art" and this Olympic sized debacle get it wrong is trying to convince other Christians on this board that "You know….the French are great artists. They like to be edgy. You know like the Simpson's. You just intolerant of intolerance….so just accept it….your Christian faith tells you to just accept blasphemous behavior…so just accept blasphemy….because it is tolerant. Now be a good Christian and American and watch swimming."
Like Daniel praying through open windows in defiance of the king's edict, don't be hesitant to make it known that you worship the Lord and will not yield quietly to pagan blasphemy. At the same time, be like Christ and be a quiet lamb willing to be led to slaughter if it means bringing Him glory by showing love to one's enemies. Like much of our faith, there is mystery and paradox woven through it all.
Trident 88
AG
Fat Black Swan
AG
Opalka said:

ATX_AG_08 said:

annie88 said:

Claverack said:

Islam isn't France's history. It's Christian, is it not?

That's pretty much the overdone, safe, low-hanging fruit of edgelord art school bull*****

It would haven been edgier to critique the spiteful, dysgenic freaks that were the leaders of the French Revolution.
BillYeoman
Little Rock Ag said:

BillYeoman said:

Tada said:

ATX_AG_08 said:

annie88 said:

Claverack said:

Like Daniel praying through open windows in defiance of the king's edict, don't be hesitant to make it known that you worship the Lord and will not yield quietly to pagan blasphemy. At the same time, be like Christ and be a quiet lamb willing to be led to slaughter if it means bringing Him glory by showing love to one's enemies. Like much of our faith, there is mystery and paradox woven through it all.

Well said
Squadron7
AG
Overreaching anti-christian bigotry aside…the opening was an artistic bust.
Claverack
annie88 said:

ATX_AG_08 said:

annie88 said:

Claverack said:

But these athletes have worked their lifetime to get here. They should not be punished because the host city did something stupid. And I know you're right about what the Islamic reaction would've been, and that would've been their choice to pull their athletes. I don't know why Christians would want to punish athletes that had nothing to do with the decisions about this opening ceremony to somehow have Christians put their feet down? That's ridiculous.

You're throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Quote:

The Duke of Norfolk: Oh confound all this. I'm not a scholar, I don't know whether the marriage was lawful or not but dammit, Thomas, look at these names! Why can't you do as I did and come with us, for fellowship!

Sir Thomas More: And when we die, and you are sent to heaven for doing your conscience, and I am sent to hell for not doing mine, will you come with me, for fellowship?

It is not a matter of throwing the baby out with the bath water.

For some of us, it is a question of whether or not one should deny Christ for the sake of a fellowship marred by bigotry and hatred for those of us who worship God.
EX TEXASEX
If only Covid could come back and destroy this Olympics like it did in Tokyo 2021 !!!!
#FJB
Kellso
They just featured Brody Malone of Rescua, Georgia. His story was very inspirational.

To able to recover from a dislocated knee and fractured tibia is incredible. Very few people on the face of the earth could recover from an injury like that. To be able to make it back to the Olympics is incredible.

DannyDuberstein
AG
And he proceeds to eat it. Rough.

There's always next year.
TexasAggie_97
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

And he proceeds to eat it. Rough.

There's always next year.
Actually he ate it twice.
DannyDuberstein
AG
When I watch men's gymnastics, I mostly see a future cash register ringing for orthopedic surgeons that specialize in shoulders
BillYeoman
Kellso said:

They just featured Brody Malone of Rescua, Georgia. His story was very inspirational.

To able to recover from a dislocated knee and fractured tibia is incredible. Very few people on the face of the earth could recover from an injury like that. To be able to make it back to the Olympics is incredible.

Good for him but why is this on the Politics board? I think there is an Olympics sports/other sports board or something

What does this have to do with politics?
Nanomachines son

God will not be mocked!
boulderaggie
AG
Amen.
samurai_science
Kentucky Jeff
No Spin Ag said:

Kentucky Jeff said:

No Spin Ag said:

mccjames said:

I watched and in my opinion it had nothing to do with last supper. She has a DJ turntable in front of here and it is not a table but a runway for models to walk on.

Now granted it was very strange and there were many things in the opening that were extremely gay, and I say that in my eighties definition, I think people are reaching to assume it was the last supper.

So people were looking for things, or trying to make things seem something other than they were, in order to justify their already preset rage at a certain group of people? Can't say I'm surprised.

You don't have to look very hard when men are dressed as women who are acting intentionally perverted and then you also have big fat, fatty mocking Christ.

The LGBTQ+!:-( crowd ain't got the balls to do this to the Muslims.
And if they did have the balls, would the Christians that hate them stop hating them (LGBTQXYZ~), or hate them any less?

That's for God to decide. Not me. I don't have to accept all that is force fed. I have to live a humbled life; a life like those mentioned above are not living.
BigRobSA
annie88 said:

SW AG80 said:

annie88 said:

Looks like a Biden cabinet meeting.

How would we know since they never met.
Have you taken a look at people that are in the Biden administration?

I mean actually mentally ill.

When is the Secretary for health and the other is a State representative for Minnesota. Not in his cabinet or administration, but a Democrat.

That's a huge *****!
No Spin Ag
Kentucky Jeff said:

No Spin Ag said:

Kentucky Jeff said:

No Spin Ag said:

mccjames said:

I watched and in my opinion it had nothing to do with last supper. She has a DJ turntable in front of here and it is not a table but a runway for models to walk on.

Now granted it was very strange and there were many things in the opening that were extremely gay, and I say that in my eighties definition, I think people are reaching to assume it was the last supper.

So people were looking for things, or trying to make things seem something other than they were, in order to justify their already preset rage at a certain group of people? Can't say I'm surprised.

You don't have to look very hard when men are dressed as women who are acting intentionally perverted and then you also have big fat, fatty mocking Christ.

And if they did have the balls, would the Christians that hate them stop hating them (LGBTQXYZ~), or hate them any less?

That's for God to decide. Not me. I don't have to accept all that is force fed. I have to live a humbled life; a life like those mentioned above are not living.

So God will decide if you hate them less or stop hating them?
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
BillYeoman
No Spin Ag said:

Kentucky Jeff said:

No Spin Ag said:

Kentucky Jeff said:

No Spin Ag said:

mccjames said:

Why would someone hate Marie Antoinette? Unless they were a murderous Leftists.

TyHolden
AG
play stupid games....

Kentucky Jeff
No Spin Ag said:

Kentucky Jeff said:

No Spin Ag said:

Kentucky Jeff said:

No Spin Ag said:

mccjames said:

"Hate" was mentioned by you. Don't put words in my mouth. I don't live my life with hate, it's too short.

I don't have to accept godlessness. Our Creator will do the judging.
deddog
AG
Kellso said:

Aggiecadet said:

France is having the worst Olympics in history and it has barely started.
This is what France wanted......attention. Everyone loves to talk about controversy.
I'll say this about the NBC broadcast from last night.....they did a great job of not showing the more controversial scenes from the runway show.

If by attention, you mean ridicule, then yes. Olympics are usually a proud moment for the host country. The French should be absolutely embarrassed
No Spin Ag
deddog said:

Kellso said:

Aggiecadet said:

France is having the worst Olympics in history and it has barely started.
This is what France wanted......attention. Everyone loves to talk about controversy.
I'll say this about the NBC broadcast from last night.....they did a great job of not showing the more controversial scenes from the runway show.

If by attention, you mean ridicule, then yes. Olympics are usually a proud moment for the host country. The French should be absolutely embarrassed

Why would they be embarrassed if the opening that put on is exactly what they wanted? I'd imagine they'd have known some of the things they were going were going to upset the more conservative viewers yet still figured in the grande scheme of things those people would be in the minority.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.