So how is the French Olympics going......

83,033 Views | 867 Replies | Last: 28 days ago by Squadron7
45-70Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thunderstruck xx said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

Of course Mitt likes this:

And he doesn't use oxford commas. Double annoying.

And Celine was paid two million dollars to get her ugly ass to sing.
William K. Klingaman
Ag87H2O said:

That freak show is disgusting. Absolutely no need for that garbage.

The Olympics aren't even a shadow of what they used to be.

Once again, leftists ruin everything.

Radical progressive globalists have taken over the Olympics, hell bent on pushing the ****** agenda until everyone accepts it as normal.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
annie88 said:

Sure makes this look a lot better.

Authoritarian countries requiring their performers to practice for 14 hours per day for a year (and wear diapers so they don't interrupt practice) definitely results in a better ceremony than a bunch of French guys making up the entertainment while dropping acid.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
redcrayon
AG
deddog said:

I'm always curious whether liberal christians approve of this.
Or do they find a way to rationalize this as well?
Here's your answer.

Quote:

As a Christian, I can understand the outrage. I also realize that this was an obvious parody of Da Vinci's painting, which itself was just an artist's depiction.

No Spin Ag
doubledog said:

Raiderjay said:

Well starting off with a mockery of the Last Supper......

Fat (fake) Jesus should stay away from the holy donuts.

I watched the first hour of the opening ceremony and did see this. Is this in the second or third hour of it?

As for what I did see, Lady GaGa was good and fun,, as were the can-can dancers and all the performing artists. The ones swaying on poles were amazing. The best part of what I've seen is where Les Miserables was mixed with heavy metal. Now that was freaking cool AF.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Kellso
Kenneth_2003 said:

Am I uncultured or do I not "get" French art?
You are most likely an uncultured rube.
French art is the most amazing art in the world.
Anyone can see it.
Kellso
annie88 said:

Coppell97 said:

All the Olympian team members they could've given the honor too and they give it to the racist who kneeled for our flag.

Not to mention his ties to China.

Unreal.

Well, good luck to America in the games. We'll just look past who's holding the flag.
Lebron James new nickname will be Captain America if the USA basketball team wins Gold.
mccjames
AG
I watched and in my opinion it had nothing to do with last supper. She has a DJ turntable in front of here and it is not a table but a runway for models to walk on.

Now granted it was very strange and there were many things in the opening that were extremely gay, and I say that in my eighties definition, I think people are reaching to assume it was the last supper.
Easy come, Easy go
ttu_85
Kellso said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

Anyone can see it.
And you are not nearly as smart as you think you are.

I thought art was in the eye of the beholder. Or, art is subjective. Your baseless arrogance is on full display with this one post.
Irish 2.0
It was 2 of the top 5 on Twitter trending last night. This isn't an echo chamber of TexAgs believing Christians were mocked. It was millions and it was abundantly obvious to those of us that it's been happening to with the wokesters for years.
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
No Spin Ag
mccjames said:

I watched and in my opinion it had nothing to do with last supper. She has a DJ turntable in front of here and it is not a table but a runway for models to walk on.

Now granted it was very strange and there were many things in the opening that were extremely gay, and I say that in my eighties definition, I think people are reaching to assume it was the last supper.

So people were looking for things, or trying to make things seem something other than they were, in order to justify their already preset rage at a certain group of people? Can't say I'm surprised.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
AggieIce
AG
No Spin Ag said:

mccjames said:

So people were looking for things, or trying to make things seem something other than they were, in order to justify their already preset rage at a certain group of people? Can't say I'm surprised.

Willful ignorance will not get us out of this mess…

Wake up!
Captain Pablo
AG
No Spin Ag said:

mccjames said:

You think this was something other than a last supper parody?

What was it then?
Kenneth_2003
AG
No Spin Ag said:

mccjames said:

So you're telling me to not believe my lying eyes.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, flies like a duck, swims like a duck, lays eggs like a duck..

Yup! Whitetail deer!
BillYeoman
Kellso said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

Anyone can see it.

Leonardo Da Vinci was Italian. The mocking of a real artist and his famous painting depicting the Last Supper was French.

Kellso
YokelRidesAgain said:

annie88 said:

Sure makes this look a lot better.

Authoritarian countries requiring their performers to practice for 14 hours per day for a year (and wear diapers so they don't interrupt practice) definitely results in a better ceremony than a bunch of French guys making up the entertainment while dropping acid.
Both the Chinese and French Olympic Presentations were incredible in very different ways.

Diversity is our strength is common theme heard in the United States and in the Western World.
Some vehemently agree, and some disagree.

The diversity of Team USA diversity was highlighted by NBC.

46 different states in the United States of America have a resident that is a part of the 2024 Team USA Olympic Team.
Texans on Team USA include Brittney Griner (Houston), Simone Biles(Houston) & Shacarri Richardson (Dallas)

Peyton Manning was great last night as a commentator. The Celine Dion performance from the Eiffel Tower was incredible.
fixer
The degenerates who were so damn proud of themselves for this display are now hitting X with DMCA complaints so that people can't post or repost anything.

They actually copyrighted this garbage.

Olympics Opening Ceremony Features Dancing Drag Queens And Bizarre Symbology | ZeroHedge
redcrayon
AG
mccjames said:

You're refusing to see what is blatantly obvious. It was a PARODY of The Last Supper.
aTmAg
AG
itsyourboypookie said:

Trash

What was this? It has been deleted.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Kellso said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

Anyone can see it.
If siding with my friends who were thrust into a situation of explaining a menage a trois to their 10 year old makes me an "uncultured rube" then so be it.

I've said, on this thread and elsewhere, that I really like the way France used the city itself as the venue and created a made for TV opening ceremony. France truly has the city scape with the history, the art, and the architecture to do that. However what was completely unnecessary and quite frankly uncalled for (in my opinion) was the overt sexualization throughout the 4+ hour event.

And that doesn't even get to the blasphemous depiction of The Last Supper THAT ISN'T EVEN FRENCH!!!
Saxsoon
AG
deddog said:

I'm always curious whether liberal christians approve of this.
Or do they find a way to rationalize this as well?

Having lived in Seattle, they celebrate this ***** Even being a moderate was being ****ing MAGA to these folks. I am probably too moderate for this board but I feel like I can actually call out the left for their **** now that I am back in Texas.
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Irish 2.0
aTmAg said:

itsyourboypookie said:

Trash

A dude with a full beard in a dress dancing like Beyonce
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
Kenneth_2003
AG
No Spin Ag said:

doubledog said:

Raiderjay said:

I watched the first hour of the opening ceremony and did see this. Is this in the second or third hour of it?

As for what I did see, Lady GaGa was good and fun,, as were the can-can dancers and all the performing artists. The ones swaying on poles were amazing. The best part of what I've seen is where Les Miserables was mixed with heavy metal. Now that was freaking cool AF.
It was in the back half of the program for sure... 3rd hour or so? Don't recall the exact time, but it was after sundown.
MAROON
AG
The lighting of the Olympic flame (and the design of the cauldron) were fantastic.
aTmAg
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

aTmAg said:

itsyourboypookie said:

Trash

A dude with a full beard in a dress dancing like Beyonce
Good thing it was deleted. I don't want to puke all over my keyboard.
YouBet
AG
mccjames said:

Do you carry 1984 as a reference handbook?

Good lord, dude. This is ludicrous level goal tending.
CheeseSndwch
I'm not sure if this was a situation of it being better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission by the art director but the talking points are out and the powers that be are denying the obvious parallels between The Last Supper and whatever it was we saw during the opening ceremony.

I guess they are feeling the heat/backlash. Personally I loath the double standard and I can't stand hypocrisy but I guess it's no surprise that the French ruling class are a bunch of ****ing cowards.

I don't know if I'll be able to avoid it in its entirety but I'm going to actively boycott the Olympics. Good luck with your ratings NBC.
Kellso
Kenneth_2003 said:

Kellso said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

Anyone can see it.
If siding with my friends who were thrust into a situation of explaining a mnage trois to their 10 year old makes me an "uncultured rube" then so be it.

I've said, on this thread and elsewhere, that I really like the way France used the city itself as the venue and created a made for TV opening ceremony. France truly has the city scape with the history, the art, and the architecture to do that. However what was completely unnecessary and quite frankly uncalled for (in my opinion) was the overt sexualization throughout the 4+ hour event.

And that doesn't even get to the blasphemous depiction of The Last Supper THAT ISN'T EVEN FRENCH!!!

The Musicians and the art were the best parts of the presentation.

The "Art" being the athletes from all over the world sailing through one of the most picturesque cities in the world. The rain provided a great backdrop and actually enhanced the presentation.

The weird gay stuff on the runway was a bit awkward.....but its France.....the art is meant to be provocative and uncomfortable.

I teared up with a swell of patriotism when I saw Team USA. Nearly 600 deep. People from all over the United States to compete against the best in the world. Last night we were not red states or blue states.....but truly the United States as we compete against the Chinese and Europe for World Supremacy.

The musicians were great. The different countries on the boats were great. The Paris backdrop in the rain was great.

The runaway when it showed hot women was great. All that other stuff was weird.....but again its France.
That stuff wouldn't stand in the United States.

At the end of the day....who are we to impose our cultural standards on le French?
Velvet Jones
AG
There was a dude standing where St. Andrew did in the DaVinci painting with his package hanging out.

And no I won't repost it after Gary-Gate.
one safe place
annie88 said:

ATX_AG_08 said:

I've said this before, we should have never fought in ww2. We liberated europe only for them to give away their countries to Africans and Muslims and host drag shows mocking Christianity 80 years later.

We wouldn't be in world wars. No cold war. No need to fund nato. And we likely wouldn't be gay woke race communists.

Just worry about America!
If we had not fought in World War II, we would be speaking German.
We wouldn't have, the Brits and Froggies might have been. Then eventually Russian.
redcrayon
AG
Kellso said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

Kellso said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

Anyone can see it.
If siding with my friends who were thrust into a situation of explaining a mnage trois to their 10 year old makes me an "uncultured rube" then so be it.

The Musicians and the art were the best parts of the presentation.

The "Art" being the athletes from all over the world sailing through one of the most picturesque cities in the world. The rain provided a great backdrop and actually enhanced the presentation.

The weird gay stuff on the runway was a bit awkward.....but its France.....the art is meant to be provocative and uncomfortable.

I teared up with a swell of patriotism when I saw Team USA. Nearly 600 deep. People from all over the United States to compete against the best in the world. Last night we were not red states or blue states.....but truly the United States as we compete against the Chinese and Europe for World Supremacy.

The musicians were great. The different countries on the boats were great. The Paris backdrop in the rain was great.

The runaway when it showed hot women was great. All that other stuff was weird.....but again its France.
That stuff wouldn't stand in the United States.

At the end of the day....who are we to impose our cultural standards on le French?
You gave yourself away with this paragraph.
one safe place
APHIS AG said:

Hate to say it but it is time for Sharia Law to take over.
They keep letting ******* in and that bunch's Last Supper will be right before they throw them off the roof.
Russ Dalrymple
AG
Just like the Israelites when they turned away from God, he allowed them to be invaded, conquered, etc.

It's happening to Europe right now and has started here too if we don't get right as a country.
No Spin Ag
AggieIce said:

No Spin Ag said:

mccjames said:

Willful ignorance will not get us out of this mess…

Wake up!
Geeting enraged about things you literally can't control, much less change, will change nothing, either in your life of their's.

Do you, or anyone, honestly believe they can change the way society has become? People have been raging at it for decades, yet it continues to move the way it always has. A president can't change that, social media can't change that, and even violence hasn't changed it.

I get hating something that you find deplorable, disgusting, whatever, and that's people's right, but please don't think anyone, or group, regardless of their title, will change how things are and how they'll continue to move to.

I tell people all the time, if they get off social media they'll see just how much better, and less stressful, life can be.
No Spin Ag
Kenneth_2003 said:

No Spin Ag said:

doubledog said:

Raiderjay said:

It was in the back half of the program for sure... 3rd hour or so? Don't recall the exact time, but it was after sundown.
Appreciate that. I'll keep an eye out for it if I continue watching. although at this point, I would rather spend my time watching our olympians doing everything they can to bring the gold back for their country. I'll watch the finale for sure. They're always worth the time.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.