Scottie scheffler arrested

61,555 Views | 472 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by ShaggySLC
Irish 2.0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Arraignment pushed to June 3rd.
Think it is important to note that this was at the request of the defense as the attorney had a schedule conflict.

I would bet that the charges are dropped before that. The city is not liking this attention. No body cam and the eyewitness testimonies are pretty damning against any attempt to prosecute.
techno-ag
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Think it is important to note that this was at the request of the defense as the attorney had a schedule conflict.

I would bet that the charges are dropped before that. The city is not liking this attention. No body cam and the eyewitness testimonies are pretty damning against any attempt to prosecute.
They're going to want to avoid a trial that's for sure. What a media spectacle that would be.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

Ellis Wyatt
Irish 2.0 said:

The police officer should be punished. What a ****tard. I've dealt with a couple of overzealous loons like that before. Thankfully, I wasn't arrested.
Bocephus
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Irish 2.0 said:

The police officer should be punished. What a ****tard. I've dealt with a couple of overzealous loons like that before. Thankfully, I wasn't arrested.

I want to know what "attached" means first. If he created the incident that caused the assault on peace officer (jumped on the car or stood in the way of it), then he definitely should be punished.
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
techno-ag
AG
techno-ag said:

Logos Stick said:

Cop tells reporter "he's goin to jail and ain't nothing you can do about it"

"Well, I can post this video on social media. It'll go viral seen by millions. And you and your whole department will look bad with the year's worst PR so far this year."
20 million people have watched that video.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.

Emotional Support Cobra
AG
techno-ag said:

Quote:

An arraignment is scheduled for Tuesday at 9 a.m. ET.
Are they really pressing this issue?

Seems like in any other universe the chief and mayor would simply apologize, nullify the arrest and this incident would quietly fade away.

Same department that brought you the Breonna Taylor incident as I recall.
I'n sure the department would like to take a mulligan on this issue.

The dept is getting the shaft.
Tramp96
Bocephus said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Irish 2.0 said:

I want to know what "attached" means first. If he created the incident that caused the assault on peace officer (jumped on the car or stood in the way of it), then he definitely should be punished.

Define your pronoun assignments please. Is "he" the officer or Scottie?

Punished for following what you thought were the directions and having a cop attach himself to your vehicle?
IIIHorn

He's entitleist to a fairway trial.

techno-ag
AG
IIIHorn said:

He's entitleist to a fairway trial.

Hope the judge doesn't get teed off like in the Trump trial.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.

Ellis Wyatt
Quote:

Define your pronoun assignments please. Is "he" the officer or Scottie?

Punished for following what you thought were the directions and having a cop attach himself to your vehicle?
He is referring to the officer.

It is clear to me through the various accounts, that the officer was power-tripping. He likely never considered that he was unnecessarily being a dick to someone who was just trying to get to work. Scottie Scheffler just needed to know who Gillis was. He had a BADGE, dammit!
Krautag81
Who knows what actually happened? That's who I want to hear from.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Quote:

Yeah it looks like the cop was having a bad day and took it out on a driver.
Don't understand how the cop gets that spun up at 5am.

Wasn't even daylight yet and he come unglued.
Ellis Wyatt
Krautag81 said:

Who knows what actually happened? That's who I want to hear from.
That article tells a lot of it.
Bocephus
AG

Quote:

He had probably been at work since midnight. Some people have less patience than they should have.
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
beerad12man
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Perfect
techno-ag
AG
Bocephus said:

Quote:

He had probably been at work since midnight. Some people have less patience than they should have.
Was gonna say, maybe he worked all night.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.

Stat Monitor Repairman
Wonder what the dude's wife wanted to buy to have him working overtime at night?
Irish 2.0

Wonder what the dude's wife wanted to buy to have him working overtime at night?

It was his girlfriend. Overtime work is always for the girlfriend
IIIHorn

Once he latched on to the car he went from directing traffic to directing drug traffic.

ABATTBQ11
AG
Bocephus said:

bobbranco said:

found on google...

Tiger Woods was arrested on DUI charges in Jupiter, Florida, during the early hours of May 29, 2017. Officers discovered him asleep in the driver's seat of his Mercedes-Benz. He had parked the car just a short distance from his Florida residence.

Sounds like sleeping, not driving

Sounds like DPD wouldn't know a DUI if it passed out on their lawn.
Bocephus
AG

Maybe he just works the night shift.
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
BMX Bandit
Warning! This is not suitable for the faint of heart. Truly horror.

Those poor pants.

HTownAg98
And we wonder why there wasn't any bodycam footage...
Rydyn
AG
Another view. Same conclusion.
Irish 2.0
Louisville police officer violated protocols during Scottie Scheffler arrest by failing to turn on bodycam

Quote:

An officer with the Louisville Metro Police Department received "corrective action" after an internal investigation into the arrest of two-time major winner Scottie Scheffler revealed that the officer did not follow proper protocols by failing to turn on his body camera.

Louisville Police Chief Jacquelyn Gwinn-Villaroel announced Thursday morning, in a joint press conference with Louisville Mayor Craig Greenberg, that Detective Bryan Gillis was counseled by his supervisor after an investigation found that he did not turn on his body-worn camera, as he was required to.

"Detective Gillis should have turned on his body-worn camera, but did not. His failure to do so is a violation of the LMPD policy on uniforms and equipment, subject category body worn camera," Gwinn-Villaroel said.

"We understand the seriousness of the failure to capture this interaction, which is why our officer has received corrective action for this policy violation. This corrective action has been notated on a performance observation form, which is in line with our disciplinary protocol and practices. We respect the judicial process, and we will allow the course to proceed accordingly. We will not be able to make any further statements as relates to this matter."
As of now, not dismissing the felony charge. A half-whit defense attorney could destroy this cop on the stand in cross. "You were formally repremanded for failure to follow procedures and protocols; How often do you ignore procedures and protocols? You expect this jury to believe this was a one off? Have their been any complaints filed where your body cam wasn't on? Or before the body cam was required?"

The DA needs to drop this and apologize.
Logos Stick
I'm not defending the cop here but...

We don't see it until he's made his turn and the cop is running after him. Perhaps the knock down and drag occurred earlier?

I still don't see how Scottie was endangering anyone.
techno-ag
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Louisville police officer violated protocols during Scottie Scheffler arrest by failing to turn on bodycam

Quote:

An officer with the Louisville Metro Police Department received "corrective action" after an internal investigation into the arrest of two-time major winner Scottie Scheffler revealed that the officer did not follow proper protocols by failing to turn on his body camera.

Louisville Police Chief Jacquelyn Gwinn-Villaroel announced Thursday morning, in a joint press conference with Louisville Mayor Craig Greenberg, that Detective Bryan Gillis was counseled by his supervisor after an investigation found that he did not turn on his body-worn camera, as he was required to.

"Detective Gillis should have turned on his body-worn camera, but did not. His failure to do so is a violation of the LMPD policy on uniforms and equipment, subject category body worn camera," Gwinn-Villaroel said.

"We understand the seriousness of the failure to capture this interaction, which is why our officer has received corrective action for this policy violation. This corrective action has been notated on a performance observation form, which is in line with our disciplinary protocol and practices. We respect the judicial process, and we will allow the course to proceed accordingly. We will not be able to make any further statements as relates to this matter."
As of now, not dismissing the felony charge. A half-whit defense attorney could destroy this cop on the stand in cross. "You were formally repremanded for failure to follow procedures and protocols; How often do you ignore procedures and protocols? You expect this jury to believe this was a one off? Have their been any complaints filed where your body cam wasn't on? Or before the body cam was required?"

The DA needs to drop this and apologize.
You know, arguably this cop interfered with a professional sporting event.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.

Irish 2.0
You're right! They should subpoena his Draft Kings account!
AggieT
AG
At what point did the cop fall over and tear his pants? Was that part not shown, or did it not happen?
BMX Bandit
AggieT said:

At what point did the cop fall over and tear his pants? Was that part not shown, or did it not happen?
why do you hate the police???
zag213004
AG
Can't always trust cops in a cops/citizen interaction. Have to rely on body cams and even then (like in this case) cops "forgets" to turn it on. Based on the barstool sports video, Case should be dropped and Cop should be fired for not activating body cams and (what appears to be) lying on the police report.
AggieT
AG
I assume that had the body camera been turned on it would have recorded the inside of a yellow rain jacket.
TAMUallen
AG
Looks like lawsuit time! What a load of bs
pdc093
My takeaway from that disaster of a press briefing this morning....

Stat Monitor Repairman
'If the pants are not ripped, you must acquit!'

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.