Scottie scheffler arrested

53,742 Views | 465 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by techno-ag
agsalaska
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TommyBrady said:

I can imagine between Scotty's lawyers, Valhallas lawyers, and PGA Lawyers the Louisville Chief and Mayor are probably hiding praying this just all goes away.

My guess is you are right except for the Police Chief. He is still trying to figure out how to make this the golfers fault and get charged to stick. They are not the sharpest tools in the shed.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
1975AggieD
Are people in the gallery chanting, "From Valhalla to the pokie, Scottie will be free!"
IIIHorn
C@LAg said:

not sure this is newsworthy, but OK.

not really political.

not really something to be outraged about.

I disagree.

It will ultimately become a wedge issue.

Faustus
bobbranco
AG
IIIHorn said:

C@LAg said:

not really political.

I disagree.

Practically a gimme.
one safe place
They should just peacefully go about setting up and outdoor movie screen and show Caddyshack and forget about golf and all the hoopla.
IIIHorn

Wasn't it the caddy's job to do the jail time?

YokelRidesAgain
AG
IIIHorn said:

I disagree.

How is this not already POTD?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aggiedata
AG
Texas velvet maestro
It just comes down to one revved up butthurt cop overreacting, and the other cops on scene circling the wagons.
akm91
AG
Gap or attack?
justnobody79
Kvetch said:

agsalaska said:

Kvetch said:

agsalaska said:

BMX Bandit said:

major misunderstanding happened, louisville police made a mountain out of a mole hill.

charges will all be dropped, or he will plea to the "not following directions" charge or whatever it was called.

The kind of major misunderstanding that happens every day all over the country and ruins countless lives.

There's ton of other professional golfers who have been waved through at the golf course of an PGA major and have a rogue cop jump on their car and then charge them with assault?

That's crazy. Maybe the police are the problem.
100% the problem. They earn and deserve every ounce of criticism they receive.

Guess you'd better not call them when you have a problem. Or have them patrol your neighborhood for crime.
I don't plan to, they make the situation worse most of the time
BQ_90
AG
1975AggieD said:

Are people in the gallery chanting, "From Valhalla to the pokie, Scottie will be free!"
"From the bunker to water hazard, set Scottie free!"
IIIHorn
akm91 said:

Gap or attack?

What would be the best spin to put on this situation?

aggie93
AG
TommyBrady said:

I can imagine between Scotty's lawyers, Valhallas lawyers, and PGA Lawyers the Louisville Chief and Mayor are probably hiding praying this just all goes away.
Scotty's lawyers are thrilled, they are going to get a lot of pub and money off of this while having a great time. Valhallas lawyers and the Chief should be terrified. They are going to have to kiss ass like never before to ever be able to host a Major in their city again. There is a HUGE amount of money and prestige at stake. PGA lawyers are probably more annoyed than anything. PGA is fine, this will actually drive up ratings. Hell I can't remember the last time I watched golf but this makes me want to follow it this weekend, especially if he is in contention.

BTW, Sheffner's response so far has been perfect. He's just cooperating, saying he is fine, and putting his attention publicly on the accident victim's family. He's got multiple witnesses on his side and he is beloved. Louisville does anything but apologize to him and fire the cop and they just threw away being a PGA destination away for decades. This is not a crowd to screw with, they have a lot of money and their fans have a lot of money and like to go places to spend it. Lots of nice golf courses out there and Valhalla is nice but it's not iconic.

What a cluster.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
PhatMack19
AG

Cen-Tex
AG
NIL claim perhaps
Hablue65
If I were Scottie I would wear an orange jumpsuit to the after round press conference.
zag213004
AG
zag213004
AG
Booma94
AG
Barnyard96 said:

School colors. He's a sip if you need help with that one.

Is that so they can do their community service on the side of the road and go straight to the game after? Or is that only for Tennessee orange?
Ellis Wyatt
If Valhalla doesn't present the winner of the tournament with an orange jump suit from now on, they're not serious people.
Tramp96

Tramp96
Urban Ag
AG
PGA dudes are brutal on each other, I mean, all in good fun of course.

This is going to be epic.

TexasAggie_02
AG
BQ_90 said:

1975AggieD said:

"From the bunker to water hazard, set Scottie free!"

From the bunker, to the tee, set scottie free.

FIFY
peacedude
AG
In Harry Carey's drunk 1985 Cubs voice:

Scott-ee, Scott-ee Scheffler
He hits the ball so far
Scott-ee, Scott-ee Scheffler
He's got a cop on the hood of his car

For those that missed the awesome 80's, Carey would sing this at least once a week:

Jo-dee, Jo-dee Davis
He hits the ball so far
Jo-dee, Jo-dee Davis
He's a home run star
James Forsyth
TommyBrady said:

Billing hours looking at Scottie memes. Tip of the hat to those guys.
IIIHorn

Ironically he won't be able to use a cell phone on the course.

TheRatt87
Announcers have to be praying that Scheffler sprays one in to trouble so they can say,"Let's see if Scottie can get out of jail here".
justcallmeharry
S
If you think I am a liberal, you are incorrect. Assume sarcasm on my part. Sorry if something I post has already been posted.
i is smart
AG
Barnyard96 said:

School colors. He's a sip if you need help with that one.

Explains the entitlement in thinking he can just drive through a scene.
zephyr88
AG

Officer Gillis is a man who takes his job very seriously.

policywonk98
AG
C@LAg said:

not really political.

I don't necessarily disagree in part, but if this isn't newsworthy than most police stories that get posted on here are not newsworthy.

I agree it's not political. But again, most police stories posted on here are not political or at least should not be political.

But this forum is also a discussion forum of world news, it's in the subtitle of the forum.

And if a multimillionaire professional athlete that is at the top of his sport getting arrested on his way to their sports equivalent of a playoff/championship game isn't a newsworthy event, I guess I don't know what a newsworthy event would be. I mean, it wasn't that he was temporarily detained until things were sorted out. The man was booked in jail.
evestor1
this is very newsworthy. unless scotty was speeding through the scene and told cop "do you know who i am ... what a loser" then i dont know why he would be arrested.

dunce caps all around.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.