Scottie scheffler arrested

53,743 Views | 465 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by techno-ag
Kellso
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who knew that Golfers could also be about that thug life.
Tramp96
It still cracks me up that the cop either jumps on the car or holds on to the car or whatever, and THAT is the reason Scottie gets hit with felony assault of a police officer.

"But, he went 10 yards".

Yeah, that took what, a couple of seconds at most? Dark, rainy, thought you were following directions. 2 seconds is a pretty quick reaction time to a cop "attaching" himself to your car.

But you get arrested for assault. That is the most absurd thing I've heard this week, and I've been following the Trump Hush Money Trial.
McInnis80
bthotugigem05 said:

IndividualFreedom said:

He should not have complied, cussed the cops and then start creeping his hand into his waist line. Isn't that how it is supposed to go?

On a serious note, does the #1 golfer in the world drive himself places?
Yes. The players are usually given courtesy cars by the vehicle sponsor of these bigger events, so like an Escalade if Cadillac sponsors it, during the week of the tournament.
Unlike team sports, golfers do not stay in a designated hotel. Many of them stay in private homes with friends , family or other competitors. Golfers like to be in control, and drive themselves for the week. The cars they drive are usually plastered with tournament logos.
C@LAg
TRADUCTOR
lol, poor baby cookie pushing tsip.

...but would post bail for this poor baby brother.
BMX Bandit
the officer's pants were ruined.

akm91
AG
TRADUCTOR said:

Does anyone have a Traductor translator?
aggie93
AG

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
ABATTBQ87
AG
akm91 said:

TRADUCTOR said:

Does anyone have a Traductor translator?
cookie pusher: a fashionable young man who enjoys socializing with women at tea parties or other social events. AKA male student at tu, AKA tea sipper

The Battalion., February 29, 1944

aggie93
AG

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Ghost Mech
agsalaska
AG
BMX Bandit said:

major misunderstanding happened, louisville police made a mountain out of a mole hill.

charges will all be dropped, or he will plea to the "not following directions" charge or whatever it was called.

The kind of major misunderstanding that happens every day all over the country and ruins countless lives.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
akm91
AG
Thanks! Guess it'd be more clear if it was "lol poor baby, cookie pushing tsip". Was trying to figure out what does being a dad have to do with cookies.
Kvetch
AG
agsalaska said:

BMX Bandit said:

major misunderstanding happened, louisville police made a mountain out of a mole hill.

charges will all be dropped, or he will plea to the "not following directions" charge or whatever it was called.

The kind of major misunderstanding that happens every day all over the country and ruins countless lives.

There's ton of other professional golfers who have been waved through at the golf course of an PGA major and have a rogue cop jump on their car and then charge them with assault?

That's crazy. Maybe the police are the problem.
TommyBrady
AG
Guarantee that cop has a small appendage.
agsalaska
AG
Kvetch said:

agsalaska said:

BMX Bandit said:

There's ton of other professional golfers who have been waved through at the golf course of an PGA major and have a rogue cop jump on their car and then charge them with assault?

100% the problem. They earn and deserve every ounce of criticism they receive.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Kvetch
AG
agsalaska said:

Kvetch said:

agsalaska said:

BMX Bandit said:

100% the problem. They earn and deserve every ounce of criticism they receive.

Guess you'd better not call them when you have a problem. Or have them patrol your neighborhood for crime.
one safe place
All just a big understanding but the golfer shares some responsibility. Never a good idea to leave a donut box on top of the car, especially if empty. Invariably some low IQ cop will dive on top of the car to get to the box. When the cop finds it empty, he or she goes berserk. Always leave something in the box, a half-eaten donut can go a long way to diffusing a situation like this.
bobbranco
AG
BMX Bandit said:

the officer's pants were ruined.

Scottie grabbed hold of the officer and drug him to the ground?

Or.

The officer went beserk, jumped on the car, fell off, and ripped his trousers?

BlueTaze
Agthatbuilds said:

Imagine this were tiger

AggieUSMC
AG
AustinAg2K
This reminds me of when I got pulled over in high school. I was driving to school, and I was speeding, I think it was 27 in a 20. Anyways, a cop had set up a speed trap and was hiding behind a bush. He literally jumped out of the bushes directly in front of my car. I had to slam on my breaks to not hit him. Then he proceeded to berate me about how I almost hit and I was lucky he was only giving me a speeding ticket. My thought was, "Dude, you knew how fast I was going and yet you still chose to run out in front of my car?" Turns out, that was the cops special move. He pulled it on lots of other kids throughout the year by jumping out in front of their car and then screaming at them for almost hitting them. I think he must have gotten off on the power trip of yelling at teenagers.
jrdaustin
AG
I'd be curious for the take of LEOs on the board. Imo, this is ultimately the fault of the scene supervisor. He has a choice. Either completely shut the scene down for the investigation, realizing that the tournament schedule will be subsequently screwed; or, recognize that a major event is taking place and set a specific officer to communicate with event staff and participants to work the investigation around the event.

Can't have it both ways. The communication failure was between the scene supervisor and personnel and the event police.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
agsalaska
AG
I would do everything in my power to avoid cops. Not sure what you are referring to.

Are you a cop? If you are I am probably not the one to interact with on this thread. Because I have dealt with hundreds of cops all over the country and IMHO they earn all of the criticism that they receive.

We can either have that conversation or just move on make fun of the laughably idiotic cops in Louisville.
93MarineHorn
Scottie needs to have "beer summit" and play 9 holes with the cops involved. Turn a negative into a positive.
VaultingChemist
AG

The PGA is getting more free publicity than they could dream of.
peacedude
AG
When the charges get dropped, I hope the cop's co-workers play a prank on him by leaving a mannequin on his hood holding on to the wipers.
Tramp96
Definitely Not A Cop said:

So those who have been to a golf tournament before know that the groups/pairings with the big stars will have a uniformed cop walking with them (not every group/pair does).

Looking at that clip, just saw what I presume is the LPD cop assigned to Scottie's group (I'm assuming LPD because of the navy color of the uniform).

How awkward is that for both Scottie and the cop to get to enjoy the next 4-5 hours with each other?
Tramp96

Hubert J. Farnsworth
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Tramp96 said:

Question for the resident LEO's here at F16:

Is jumping on a car in this situation like a normal procedure and directive that they were trained to do?

I'm just having a hard time believing that cops are directed to jump on a car for something as minor as someone trying to go around the incident.

Can't believe we got this far without this, so:

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Tramp96
Panama Red
AG
TommyBrady
AG
I can imagine between Scotty's lawyers, Valhallas lawyers, and PGA Lawyers the Louisville Chief and Mayor are probably hiding praying this just all goes away.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.