Scottie scheffler arrested

53,838 Views | 465 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by techno-ag
AtticusMatlock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They will drop the charges and the white privilege narrative will flow.
aggie93
AG
This reminds me of the time I was driving by a school zone on a major road. It was 9:30 and well past school starting so I didn't even realize it and was doing about 50 in a 35 school zone (once again, big road not a normal school zone). Saw a cop on the side of the road out of his car and he looked at me and pointed and moved his hand towards the way I was driving. I assumed he was just telling me to drive on as I had no idea I could be doing anything wrong.

So I kept driving and a couple minutes later the cop pulls me over and is livid. He's telling me how I was going to kill kids and I blatantly ignored him. I just calmly explained I had no idea it was still a school zone as no school starts after 930 (it was almost 940 by this time). I also explained why I assumed he was pointing for me to drive past. He was super hostile and I was lucky not to get arrested. He wrote me up 5 tickets, my favorite 2 were for having an expired registration AND displaying it. I literally had the new registration with me in between the seats and showed it to him and explained I just hadn't had a chance to put it on. I didn't argue though, it was clear he was in "I'm the Captain now" mode. Just said "Yes Sir" a lot and didn't fight with him.

Then I went in for my court date and got it all dropped, no lawyer involved.
fc2112
Classic 48 hour rule scenario.
aggie93
AG
Tramp96 said:

Question for the resident LEO's here at F16:

Is jumping on a car in this situation like a normal procedure and directive that they were trained to do?

I'm just having a hard time believing that cops are directed to jump on a car for something as minor as someone trying to go around the incident.

They are saying he went 10 yards. My guess is the cop grabbed the side or something and Sheffner had no idea what he was doing and so he stopped. Then lunacy ensued.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
javajaws
AG
Guess he should have used a....driver!
Commander Gorn
AG
This whole thing sounds moronic
agsalaska
AG
AtticusMatlock said:

They will drop the charges and the white privilege narrative will flow.

True but there is some truth to it here, though it would be better described as class privilege instead of white privilege.

Cops arrest people for no reason on trumped up BS charges thousands of times a day all over the country. They are trained to do it. Scheffler because of who he is will get out of it today. And so would I after hiring an attorney. But a lot of people can't and end up in prison for BS like this. Happened every day.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Jeeper79
AG
aggie93 said:

This reminds me of the time I was driving by a school zone on a major road. It was 9:30 and well past school starting so I didn't even realize it and was doing about 50 in a 35 school zone (once again, big road not a normal school zone). Saw a cop on the side of the road out of his car and he looked at me and pointed and moved his hand towards the way I was driving. I assumed he was just telling me to drive on as I had no idea I could be doing anything wrong.

So I kept driving and a couple minutes later the cop pulls me over and is livid. He's telling me how I was going to kill kids and I blatantly ignored him. I just calmly explained I had no idea it was still a school zone as no school starts after 930 (it was almost 940 by this time). I also explained why I assumed he was pointing for me to drive past. He was super hostile and I was lucky not to get arrested. He wrote me up 5 tickets, my favorite 2 were for having an expired registration AND displaying it. I literally had the new registration with me in between the seats and showed it to him and explained I just hadn't had a chance to put it on. I didn't argue though, it was clear he was in "I'm the Captain now" mode. Just said "Yes Sir" a lot and didn't fight with him.

Ive had the same thing happen with the sticker before. I had the new one but it wasn't on yet. Cop made me make a mess of pulling the old one off without a good blade and putting the new one on. Then he gave me a ticket anyway. Some of them are good. Some of them are on a power trip.
Tramp96
Dear Louisville KY:

It will be a long, long, long time before you ever host a major again.
zephyr88
AG
Commander Gorn said:

This whole thing sounds moronic
Four Seasons Landscaping
Quote:

Some of them are good. Some of them are on a power trip.
I personally think the biggest issue is the good ones who don't yet have the maturity to let stuff go, have a sticky situation, and that results in them decompressing by being a jackass to somebody later.
Barnyard96
AG
He's on the range
akm91
AG
From all accounts, this doesn't seem like something Scheffler would do. It would make sense that if, as aglaska mentioned previously, other pros were told to drive around it.
StandUpforAmerica
To make it political.....

I'm voting for DeSantis in the primary, but will happily vote for Trump in the general election if he wins the primary.
bobbranco
AG
Barnyard96 said:

He's on the range
Has Brandel Chamblee popped out his Tampax about this yet?
bthotugigem05
AG
IndividualFreedom said:

He should not have complied, cussed the cops and then start creeping his hand into his waist line. Isn't that how it is supposed to go?

On a serious note, does the #1 golfer in the world drive himself places?
Yes. The players are usually given courtesy cars by the vehicle sponsor of these bigger events, so like an Escalade if Cadillac sponsors it, during the week of the tournament.
fc2112
Tramp96 said:

Dear Louisville KY:

It will be a long, long, long time before you ever host a major again.

Or have a Top 50 player attend any event you put on.
bmks270
AG
Cops ego tripping because he didn't follow their hand waving.
akm91
AG
Quote:

"He was going into Valhalla to work out," Romines said. "He was getting ready for his tee time. They were directing traffic. He held his credential out and was going in like they'd been instructed to. Apparently, there had been a traffic accident, maybe even a fatality, down the road, and that had changed the traffic patterns, and he was unaware of that."

Romines, speaking outside the Louisville Metro Department of Corrections, said the officer who attempted to stop Scheffler wasn't part of the regular event traffic detail at Valhalla Golf Club, "so that's where the miscommunication arose."

"They are allowed to go through, that's why they have the credential and the wave-through," Romines said. "He was unaware there had been a wreck, and he proceeded like they'd been instructed to. He did exactly as he was instructed to enter the premises."
Seems like it was a major oopsie on LPD.

Scheffler Arrest Details
akm91
AG
Yeah, it's a bit hard to land a private jet on golf club grounds
Al Bula
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

A Cop jumps on the car and scheffler stops.
Please please release video of the cop jumping up and down on the car. That is too rich!
Logos Stick
BMX Bandit said:

Logos Stick said:

Cop tells reporter "he's goin to jail and ain't nothing you can do about it"

Seriously? Do you have to have room temperature level IQ to be a cop?

have you not noted the average IQ of cops? this is the least surprising part of the story.

Ok, got some more context. Scottie asked Darlington, ESPN reporter, for help. The cop's statement makes more sense now.

StandUpforAmerica
I'm voting for DeSantis in the primary, but will happily vote for Trump in the general election if he wins the primary.
BMX Bandit
major misunderstanding happened, louisville police made a mountain out of a mole hill.

charges will all be dropped, or he will plea to the "not following directions" charge or whatever it was called.
P.U.T.U
AG
In college I had a car I was fixing up and the day after I got it running I took it to get it inspected. CS cop gave me a ticket for expired inspection...in the parking lot of the inspection shop. Most police are good but there are a few on power trips. Also helped 2 officers detain a subject and one threatened to arrest me for embarrassing him. What a tool
bobbranco
AG
Teeing off in minutes.
Tramp96
akm91 said:

Quote:

"He was going into Valhalla to work out," Romines said. "He was getting ready for his tee time. They were directing traffic. He held his credential out and was going in like they'd been instructed to. Apparently, there had been a traffic accident, maybe even a fatality, down the road, and that had changed the traffic patterns, and he was unaware of that."

Romines, speaking outside the Louisville Metro Department of Corrections, said the officer who attempted to stop Scheffler wasn't part of the regular event traffic detail at Valhalla Golf Club, "so that's where the miscommunication arose."

"They are allowed to go through, that's why they have the credential and the wave-through," Romines said. "He was unaware there had been a wreck, and he proceeded like they'd been instructed to. He did exactly as he was instructed to enter the premises."
Seems like it was a major oopsie on LPD.
Is there a link to this? Who is Romines?

Gigem314
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

That's quite a rap sheet for an otherwise model citizen
What a load of crap.

I hope Scottie fights this.
akm91
AG
Agreed. Hopefully the cop didn't injure Scheffler when he grabbed Scheffler's arm to try to pull him out of the car.

Talk about an eventful week of firsts for Scheffler:
  • First time dad
  • First felony arrest
akm91
AG
Added link to my post

Romines is Scheffler's attorney.
gtaggie_08
AG
As an LEO, that cop had his head up his azz and way over reacted. While it is common working a fatal crash scene/road barricade to have people driving the wrong way/around barricades and turn out to be drunk, you don't jump onto a moving vehicle to stop it.

Also have to be more aware of where you are and that there is a major event just yards away from where your scene is. If a car is slowly driving around a barricade contact the driver and see what the deal is. If they have proper documents, figure out a way to get them where they need to go.
Infection_Ag11
AG
The only person who will face any real consequences may be the officer that jumped on his car. Aside from embarrassing his department and (apparently) ignoring what other officers had told other players, I can't imagine any department approving of officers throwing themselves on moving vehicles as a means of traffic control.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
degreedy
AG
Assault a police officer while being an illegal no arrest

Drive to work to hit a little ball arrest

The world makes sense to me.
aggie93
AG
Jeeper79 said:

aggie93 said:

Ive had the same thing happen with the sticker before. I had the new one but it wasn't on yet. Cop made me make a mess of pulling the old one off without a good blade and putting the new one on. Then he gave me a ticket anyway. Some of them are good. Some of them are on a power trip.
The thing I have taught my boys is if you get in a situation where a cop is on a power trip and wants to argue with you just be as calm as possible, say yes sir a lot, and deal with it later. Some cops absolutely get off on the power trip thing and want to use that power. You will lose if it is just you and a cop every time so just comply and then show them to be the idiot they were when you are in court.

As long as Sheffner didn't make a fuss after being pulled over he is almost certain to walk.

Oh, and every kid approaching driving age should watch this video, they use the race stuff to make it funnier but it really has nothing to do with race it's about behavior:

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
B-1 83
AG
I heard he was saying "Gentlemen, I did not do anything!" to the officers.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.