Scottie scheffler arrested

61,571 Views | 472 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by ShaggySLC
YokelRidesAgain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Car surfing cop's body camera wasn't turned on. Shocking.

If the prosecutor doesn't drop all charges, I hope Scheffler tells them to pound sand on any deal to plead to a lesser charge.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Philip J Fry
AG
Bocephus said:

Tramp96 said:

Question for the resident LEO's here at F16:

Is jumping on a car in this situation like a normal procedure and directive that they were trained to do?

I'm just having a hard time believing that cops are directed to jump on a car for something as minor as someone trying to go around the incident.

Jumping on a moving vehicle is against our general orders. If that is in fact what this officer did, he is not too bright. I think ultimately you will see Sheffield plead guilty to the traffic ticket offense. The other two will be dropped.

JMO, Louisville PD would be well served to use market squad cars at events like this. If he claimed they look like security guards, who is to argue?

He should plead to nothing.
techno-ag
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Bocephus said:

Tramp96 said:

Question for the resident LEO's here at F16:

Is jumping on a car in this situation like a normal procedure and directive that they were trained to do?

I'm just having a hard time believing that cops are directed to jump on a car for something as minor as someone trying to go around the incident.

Jumping on a moving vehicle is against our general orders. If that is in fact what this officer did, he is not too bright. I think ultimately you will see Sheffield plead guilty to the traffic ticket offense. The other two will be dropped.

JMO, Louisville PD would be well served to use market squad cars at events like this. If he claimed they look like security guards, who is to argue?

He should plead to nothing.
Yup.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

captkirk
AG
snowdog90 said:

YokelRidesAgain said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Quote:

The officer who attempted to stop Scheffler wasn't part of the regular event-traffic detail at Valhalla Golf Club, "so that's where the miscommunication arose."
Sounds like this guy was a detective that was pissed because he got put on traffic duty at 5am.
He is an accident scene investigator, hence the "detective" part. It's an important role, occasionally, when facts are in dispute. Seems he wasn't needed here, though, so he ends up playing crossing guard.

The cops here, as they often do, seemed to want an insane perimeter around the actual accident scene, which was nowhere close to where Scheffler got arrested.

Example: there was an officer involved shooting in my neighborhood last fall. Dude was terrorizing his former live-in companion (i.e., "babymama"), struck her vehicle with his car, brandished a weapon, and knocked out her car window with a crowbar. Cop shows up and orders him to stop, so natch he pulls out his gun and shoots the cop, who then shoots him in the head. GAME OVER.

Whole thing was over in 30 seconds, so the scene investigators shut down multiple city blocks for NINE HOURS while at least 25 cops stood guard living they best life, getting paid overtime for doing a whole lot of not jack squat.

I was playing in a poker game in Temple, TX a few years back. The game was robbed. 2 guys with guns. Not fun.

The person who ran the game called the cops. Talk about ridiculous... 14 cops at midnight on a Friday all gathered around the house for hours.

Only thing missing was donuts.
Sounds like an inside job
cheeky
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

If the prosecutor doesn't drop all charges, I hope Scheffler tells them to pound sand on any deal to plead to a lesser charge.
As I understand it, he was working an extra job. In other words, he was working security for the golf tournament. Hence why a detective might be directing cars rather than solving crime. If that is the case, he should have been helping the players, not barking commands and diving on hoods. Also, a witness reported that he tried to a) break the driver side window with his flashlight, and b) pull Scheffler out of the window once he rolled it down. This Gillis fellow seems like a complete idiot who embarrassed himself, his department, his profession, his town, his state and the golf tournament.

techno-ag
AG
cheeky said:

YokelRidesAgain said:

As I understand it, he was working an extra job. In other words, he was working security for the golf tournament. Hence why a detective might be directing cars rather than solving crime. If that is the case, he should have been helping the players, not barking commands and diving on hoods. Also, a witness reported that he tried to a) break the driver side window with his flashlight, and b) pull Scheffler out of the window once he rolled it down. This Gillis fellow seems like a complete idiot who embarrassed himself, his department, his profession, his town, his state and the golf tournament.

Yeah it looks like the cop was having a bad day and took it out on a driver.

Unfortunately that driver happened to be the top golfer in the country and now the cop's name is all over the news.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.

fc2112
Oops NSFW language.
snowdog90
captkirk said:

snowdog90 said:

YokelRidesAgain said:

Quote:

The officer who attempted to stop Scheffler wasn't part of the regular event-traffic detail at Valhalla Golf Club, "so that's where the miscommunication arose."
Sounds like this guy was a detective that was pissed because he got put on traffic duty at 5am.
He is an accident scene investigator, hence the "detective" part. It's an important role, occasionally, when facts are in dispute. Seems he wasn't needed here, though, so he ends up playing crossing guard.

The cops here, as they often do, seemed to want an insane perimeter around the actual accident scene, which was nowhere close to where Scheffler got arrested.

Example: there was an officer involved shooting in my neighborhood last fall. Dude was terrorizing his former live-in companion (i.e., "babymama"), struck her vehicle with his car, brandished a weapon, and knocked out her car window with a crowbar. Cop shows up and orders him to stop, so natch he pulls out his gun and shoots the cop, who then shoots him in the head. GAME OVER.

Whole thing was over in 30 seconds, so the scene investigators shut down multiple city blocks for NINE HOURS while at least 25 cops stood guard living they best life, getting paid overtime for doing a whole lot of not jack squat.

I was playing in a poker game in Temple, TX a few years back. The game was robbed. 2 guys with guns. Not fun.

The person who ran the game called the cops. Talk about ridiculous... 14 cops at midnight on a Friday all gathered around the house for hours.

Only thing missing was donuts.
Sounds like an inside job

We're pretty sure it was.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Dude tried to bust the window out a marked PGA courtesy vehicle at 5am.
bmks270
AG
I heard a version of events where Scheffler was asked to get out of the car, and instead began driving off. Also, that he drove off the road in the median….?

Will definitely have to see what facts come to light. He may have been clearly in the wrong,
agsalaska
AG
No body cam?

Yea right.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Elko is a loser and we will be buying him out for some obscene amount of money in two years. - Agsalaska

Shooter McGavin
AG
Ghost Mech said:

aggiedata
AG
Bocephus
AG
agsalaska said:

No body cam?

Yea right.

He forgot to hit it before he dove on the hood.

What do we know for certain right now? Do we know if he dove on the hood? Do we know if he was on or off duty?
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
techno-ag
AG
Supposedly surveillance cam caught it from across the street but they're not releasing that right now.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.

Stat Monitor Repairman
Bocephus
AG
techno-ag said:

Supposedly surveillance cam caught it from across the street but they're not releasing that right now.

Doing you can hear anything but I am interested in what "attached" looks like
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
zephyr88
AG
Shooter McGavin said:

Ghost Mech said:

Base on the pics... Scottie is clearly the Boss.
zephyr88
AG
PGA is starting to look like the NBA and the NFL.
Bocephus
AG
zephyr88 said:

Shooter McGavin said:

Ghost Mech said:

Base on the pics... Scottie is clearly the Boss.

I must have missed it. What was Tiger arrested for?
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
bobbranco
AG
found on google...

Tiger Woods was arrested on DUI charges in Jupiter, Florida, during the early hours of May 29, 2017. Officers discovered him asleep in the driver's seat of his Mercedes-Benz. He had parked the car just a short distance from his Florida residence.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Bocephus said:

I must have missed it. What was Tiger arrested for?
Public urination.

Let's re-focus.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Bocephus said:

techno-ag said:

Doing you can hear anything but I am interested in what "attached" looks like
Bocephus
AG
bobbranco said:

found on google...

Tiger Woods was arrested on DUI charges in Jupiter, Florida, during the early hours of May 29, 2017. Officers discovered him asleep in the driver's seat of his Mercedes-Benz. He had parked the car just a short distance from his Florida residence.

Sounds like sleeping, not driving
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
Stat Monitor Repairman
Quote:

An arraignment is scheduled for Tuesday at 9 a.m. ET.
Are they really pressing this issue?

Seems like in any other universe the chief and mayor would simply apologize, nullify the arrest and this incident would quietly fade away.

Same department that brought you the Breonna Taylor incident as I recall.
Irish 2.0
Scottie Scheffler may see charges dropped after arrest during PGA Championship: report

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/scottie-scheffler-may-see-charges-dropped-arrest-pga-championship-report

Quote:

Prosecutors in Kentucky were reportedly expected to drop the charges against Scottie Scheffler after his stunning arrest before the second round of the PGA Championship on Friday.

Jefferson County prosecutors were planning, "as of now," to drop the charges, No Laying Up reported Sunday, citing a source "familiar with the office's thinking."

Stat Monitor Repairman
This is why pros prefer LIV Golf.

Security guard hassles a player and the Saudis have 'em on the first plane back to Bangladesh.
Bocephus
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Scottie Scheffler may see charges dropped after arrest during PGA Championship: report

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/scottie-scheffler-may-see-charges-dropped-arrest-pga-championship-report

Quote:

Prosecutors in Kentucky were reportedly expected to drop the charges against Scottie Scheffler after his stunning arrest before the second round of the PGA Championship on Friday.

Jefferson County prosecutors were planning, "as of now," to drop the charges, No Laying Up reported Sunday, citing a source "familiar with the office's thinking."

White privilege!!
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
Bocephus
AG

Quote:

Seems like in any other universe the chief and mayor would simply apologize, nullify the arrest and this incident would quietly fade away.

Yep, no loss there. I believe it was also the same department who had the guy put on the tactical training video behind the planter when killing the democrat mass shooter in that glassed in lobby.
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
techno-ag
AG

Quote:

I'n sure the department would like to take a mulligan on this issue.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.

YokelRidesAgain
AG

This is why pros prefer LIV Golf.

Security guard hassles a player and the Saudis have 'em publicly beheaded.
FIFY
bobbranco
AG
Bocephus said:

bobbranco said:

found on google...

Sounds like sleeping, not driving
I will leave the curbside lawyerin' up to you.
techno-ag
AG
Logos Stick said:

Cop tells reporter "he's goin to jail and ain't nothing you can do about it"

"Well, I can post this video on social media. It'll go viral seen by millions. And you and your whole department will look bad with the year's worst PR so far this year."

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.

techno-ag
AG
48 hour rule observed. More details have emerged. Still doesn't look good for the cop.

https://golf.com/news/eyewitness-reveals-new-scottie-scheffler-arrest-details/?amp=1

Quote:

When Scheffler stopped the car, Wischusen said Gillis was visibly upset. "He runs up to the driver's side, and with the butt end of his flashlight starts screaming, you know, 'Get out of the car, get out of the car' - banging on the window - 'shut the engine off, get out of the car. I'm a police officer.'"

The driver "peacefully" exited the car, Wischusen said, at which point the officer "put him up against the car and put him in handcuffs."

The mood in the back of the SUV as the passengers watched this unfathomable scene playing out in front of them? Shock, Wischusen said. "Exactly what you would imagine," he said. "The number one player in the world just got arrested trying to go into the gate at the golf course. I mean, you know, like, what just happened? Did we really just see what we just saw?"

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.

Stat Monitor Repairman
Arraignment pushed to June 3rd.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.