Scottie scheffler arrested

61,562 Views | 472 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by ShaggySLC
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
IIIHorn said:

"Bogie at Six O'Clock!"

That's par for the course.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

Tramp96
zephyr88 said:

Officer Gillis is a man who takes his job very seriously

I really enjoyed his work in Inglorious Basterds.
fc2112
Had this cop been fired yet?
Stat Monitor Repairman
Quote:

That led to an officer attaching himself to Scheffler's car.

Detective Gillis' uniform pants, valued at approximately $80 were damaged beyond repair.'
Keep hearing that the officer "attached himself to the car."

What does this mean in cop speak?

Does this mean the cop tried to tackle a moving vehicle and then turn around and allege felony assault of a police officer?

'Attached himself to a moving vehicle'

Thanks for that, we'll just infer that the guy grabbed on to the side of the car and got himself dragged like he on Simon & Simon.

This is the cop version of grabbing someones hand and punching themself with it.

Lol at this.
techno-ag
AG
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.

Stat Monitor Repairman
Quote:

Scottie was driving a clearly marked PGA courtesy vehicle.
Word is that he being reassigned as a school resource officer.
Stat Monitor Repairman
If we can't handle traffic control outside a golf tournament at 5am then what can we do?
Philip J Fry
AG
Perfect example of how thin the line is between model citizen and someone with a record. Imagine if this was an average citizen. Their life could very well be ruined by a cop like this.
agsalaska
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Perfect example of how thin the line is between model citizen and someone with a record. Imagine if this was an average citizen. Their life could very well be ruined by a cop like this.

Oh absolutely. That's the entire point. It happens hundreds of times a day all over the country. Cops are trained to do this. This was not an accident, they just accidentally did it to the best golfer in the world.

I would bet a paycheck that someone else in Louisville in the last 24 hours had the same exact thing happen to them and there is nothing they can do about it.

Cops are not your friend. They are not even almost your friend sometimes. Cops are the enemy.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Elko is a loser and we will be buying him out for some obscene amount of money in two years. - Agsalaska

Stat Monitor Repairman
Quote:

I would bet a paycheck that someone else in Louisville in the last 24 hours had the same exact thing happen to them and there is nothing they can do about it.
And every time they fill out a job application from now on, the part when it says 'have you ever been arrested' they gotta check yes. How demoralizing that got to be over some dumbass cop bs.
agsalaska
AG
And Marinehorn and a couple of other poster called it just a misunderstanding.

Ugh
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Elko is a loser and we will be buying him out for some obscene amount of money in two years. - Agsalaska

Texas velvet maestro
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

If we can't handle traffic control outside a golf tournament at 5am then what can we do?
we can run boats into bridges
Mas89
AG
ts5641
Logos Stick said:

Cop tells reporter "he's goin to jail and ain't nothing you can do about it"

Seriously? Do you have to have room temperature level IQ to be a cop?
So one cop says something stupid and you go after all police officer's intelligence? Try to do that job for a week and see what you think.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
bobbranco
AG

Quote:

Scottie was driving a clearly marked PGA courtesy vehicle.
Word is that he being reassigned as a school resource officer.
Shanked that career out of the way.
zephyr88
AG
agsalaska said:

Ugh
That's exactly what Scottie called it
BMX Bandit
agsalaska said:

Ugh
because thats what it was

scheffler misunderstood who the person flagging him was, thought it was a security guard

the cop misunderstood why scheffler was going around the traffic

the resulting actions does not change that this stemmed from a huge misunderstanding
Infection_Ag11
AG
BMX Bandit said:

agsalaska said:

Ugh
because thats what it was

scheffler misunderstood who the person flagging him was, thought it was a security guard

the cop misunderstood why scheffler was going around the traffic

the resulting actions does not change that this stemmed from a huge misunderstanding

And then the cop turned his brain off and did something completely indefensible that's looking like it's going to get him fired.

If you incorrectly think I insulted your wife and you verbally confront me about it, that's a misunderstanding. If I then pull out a gun and shoot you in the face everything that happens before that doesn't really matter anymore and I'm the *******.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
zephyr88
AG
Time for a Beer Summit... but I'm not sure if Scottie drinks (?)
bobbranco
AG
Cop did not understand his job and his misunderstanding caused problems.

His decision to jump on the car was not a misunderstanding.
TexasAggie_02
AG
techno-ag
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

TBF, cops get free medical for on the job injuries. Any scratch can be dressed at the emergency room and it's all part of the job.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.

bobbranco
AG
One could argue that his was self inflicted resulting in no coverage.
B-1 83
AG
agsalaska said:

Philip J Fry said:

Oh absolutely. That's the entire point. It happens hundreds of times a day all over the country. Cops are trained to do this. This was not an accident, they just accidentally did it to the best golfer in the world.

Cops are not your friend. They are not even almost your friend sometimes. Cops are the enemy.

Good Lord………Show us on the doll where the cop touched you.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Kvetch
AG
B-1 83 said:

agsalaska said:

Philip J Fry said:

Good Lord………Show us on the doll where the cop touched you.

He posts like someone that has 5 DUIs and blames the cops for catching him driving drunk.
No Spin Ag
Four Seasons Landscaping said:

Quote:

not really something to be outraged about.
Come on dude.

Everything is political.

All you have to do is say, "Imagine it was a black guy" if he's white, and "Imagine it was a white guy" if he's black.
And the usual suspects, on each side, will come out defending or attacking before anything else is actually known.
No Spin Ag
agsalaska said:

Philip J Fry said:

"Cops are the enemy" is pretty much the rallying cry of BLM.
bobbranco
AG
No Spin Ag said:

agsalaska said:

Philip J Fry said:

"Cops are the enemy" is pretty much the rallying cry of BLM.
Or someone who receives speeding tickets.
snowdog90
YokelRidesAgain said:

Quote:

The officer who attempted to stop Scheffler wasn't part of the regular event-traffic detail at Valhalla Golf Club, "so that's where the miscommunication arose."
Sounds like this guy was a detective that was pissed because he got put on traffic duty at 5am.
He is an accident scene investigator, hence the "detective" part. It's an important role, occasionally, when facts are in dispute. Seems he wasn't needed here, though, so he ends up playing crossing guard.

The cops here, as they often do, seemed to want an insane perimeter around the actual accident scene, which was nowhere close to where Scheffler got arrested.

Example: there was an officer involved shooting in my neighborhood last fall. Dude was terrorizing his former live-in companion (i.e., "babymama"), struck her vehicle with his car, brandished a weapon, and knocked out her car window with a crowbar. Cop shows up and orders him to stop, so natch he pulls out his gun and shoots the cop, who then shoots him in the head. GAME OVER.

Whole thing was over in 30 seconds, so the scene investigators shut down multiple city blocks for NINE HOURS while at least 25 cops stood guard living they best life, getting paid overtime for doing a whole lot of not jack squat.

I was playing in a poker game in Temple, TX a few years back. The game was robbed. 2 guys with guns. Not fun.

The person who ran the game called the cops. Talk about ridiculous... 14 cops at midnight on a Friday all gathered around the house for hours.

Only thing missing was donuts.
one safe place
agsalaska said:

Philip J Fry said:

He has no idea how lucky he is. Could easily have been surrounded my a couple dozen MRAPs and his car shot so many times it would look like Bonnie and Clyde's 1934 Ford.
ATX_AG_08
AG
Bocephus
AG
Tramp96 said:

Question for the resident LEO's here at F16:

Is jumping on a car in this situation like a normal procedure and directive that they were trained to do?

I'm just having a hard time believing that cops are directed to jump on a car for something as minor as someone trying to go around the incident.

Jumping on a moving vehicle is against our general orders. If that is in fact what this officer did, he is not too bright. I think ultimately you will see Sheffield plead guilty to the traffic ticket offense. The other two will be dropped.

JMO, Louisville PD would be well served to use market squad cars at events like this. If he claimed they look like security guards, who is to argue?
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
FriscoKid
AG
It seems like common sense. Don't jump on a moving vehicle. Don't try to block traffic against a moving vehicle. Cars, trucks, vans, even some motorcycles are always stronger. You can't be a dumbass and attack a car and then claim assault with a deadly weapon.

Sorry about your scratched hand though.
FriscoKid
AG
Philip J Fry said:

This is true. Average Joe is still sitting in jail because of "assault with a deadly weapon against an officer". Because a LEO tried to tackle a car and ripped his pants because of poor judgement on his part.

More easily resolved by staying away from the car and getting the attention of the driver to ask him/her to do something different. Instead he went Spider-Man on something he couldn't handle. And then......here we are.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.