Biden will debate Trump but...

16,140 Views | 232 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by peacedude
dallasiteinsa02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If you are going to splice together 400 takes, you can do that much better than they did. The free on Wednesday comment when there is speculation that his office or campaign is involved is stupid.
Jason C.
AG
jrdaustin said:

Gigem314 said:

Maroon Dawn said:

AggieUSMC said:

All seems reasonable except for the no audience thing.

Easier for them to make the deep long edits necessary to make Biden seem coherent
Could be. But I think main reason is because the Biden team is worried about not getting enough enthusiastic Biden supporters to clap for him.

Maybe, but I think the more likely reason is that Biden needs to be able to read prepared responses rather than answer contemporaneously.

This will be the most scripted debate in history. The lack of an audience is required to pull off the scheme.

Seriously this is like Commodus fighting Maximus in Gladiator. (Except in this one Commodus is heavily drugged haha.)
PCC_80
AG
I am also assuming that Brandon will be using a Teleprompter and reading his answers since he will have had the questions for a month beforehand.
aggiehawg
AG
dallasiteinsa02 said:

If you are going to splice together 400 takes, you can do that much better than they did. The free on Wednesday comment when there is speculation that his office or campaign is involved is stupid.
Fully agree. That came off as very petty and even boastful as in "I did that."
rathAG05
AG
93MarineHorn said:

Logos Stick said:

- No audience.
- No RFK Jr.
- No Trump remarks during Biden's answers.
- Only Biden-friendly outlets & anchors can moderate (from CBS, ABC, CNN or Telemundo).

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/15/us/politics/biden-trump-debates.html
Trump should still jump at this. Bullet point #3 will help Trump keep his damn mouth shut while peepaw is fumbling thru answers.

I doubt he's capable of that, but if he is, he should easily win.
Old McDonald
prediction: biden will look old and senile. trump will ramble and struggle to stay on topic as has been the case for a decade. partisans on both sides will insist their guy won.

ideally the folks who've been inundated in "biden is senile" messaging the last three years and oblivious to trump's similarly precipitous cognitive decline will have their eyes opened, but i'm not holding my breath.
oh no
AG
Biden's dementia is just "messaging"

holy ****ing *****
Rockdoc
AG
Old McDonald said:

prediction: biden will look old and senile. trump will ramble and struggle to stay on topic as has been the case for a decade. partisans on both sides will insist their guy won.

ideally the folks who've been inundated in "biden is senile" messaging the last three years and oblivious to trump's similarly precipitous cognitive decline will have their eyes opened, but i'm not holding my breath.

Wait, you think Biden is not senile? What proof do you need?
MiamiHopper
Bad day for the Commission on Presidential Debates.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Old McDonald said:

This is why no one takes you seriously. I'm not defending Trump either.
Logos Stick
Biden wants the mic killed when the other person is speaking

No!
jrdaustin
AG
Old McDonald said:

Wow! Even when I think you've made the most outlandish statement to date, you continue to surprise with yet again another one. Congratulations!
El Gallo Blanco
Max Stonetrail said:

Why would the most powerful man and leader of the free world need terms?
BY FAR the most popular presidential candidate of all time. 81 MILLION VOTES. The People's Champ!
El Gallo Blanco
Old McDonald said:

Lol, there is absolutely nothing "similar" about it. Only a completely delusional useful idjit would think otherwise.
Bobaloo
I think this is an acknowledgement from FJB's team that FJB is losing and needs to debate. If FJB was up 8 points, no debates.
VaultingChemist
AG
I hope Trump's technical team can block transmissions into Joe Biden's earpiece, or better yet, hijack the transmission and feed Joe the wrong answers during the debate.

MouthBQ98
AG
Can they smuggle more Biden cocaine into the debate green room?
Farmer_J
rathAG05 said:

93MarineHorn said:

Logos Stick said:

- No audience.
- No RFK Jr.
- Only Biden-friendly outlets & anchors can moderate (from CBS, ABC, CNN or Telemundo).

Trump should still jump at this. Bullet point #3 will help Trump keep his damn mouth shut while peepaw is fumbling thru answers.

I doubt he's capable of that, but if he is, he should easily win.

This is all he had to do in the last election.

Aside from that, does anybody think the biden administration is going to agree to a fair debate?
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

The letter by the Biden campaign lays out for the first time the president's terms for giving Mr. Trump what he has openly clamored for: a televised confrontation with a successor Mr. Trump has portrayed, and hopes to reveal, as too feeble to hold the job. In a Truth Social post on Wednesday morning, Mr. Trump quickly agreed to the two dates proposed by the Biden campaign, although it was unclear whether he would agree to Mr. Biden's other terms.

Mr. Biden and his top aides want the debates to start much sooner than the dates proposed by the Commission on Presidential Debates, so voters can see the two candidates side by side well before early voting begins in September. They want the debate to occur inside a TV studio, with microphones that automatically cut off when a speaker's time limit elapses. And they want it to be just the two candidates and the moderator without the raucous in-person audiences that Mr. Trump feeds on and without the participation of Robert F. Kennedy Jr. or other independent or third-party candidates.
Quote:

It should only be hosted, Ms. O'Malley Dillon writes, by broadcast organizations that hosted both a Republican primary debate in 2016 in which Mr. Trump participated and a Democratic primary debate in 2020 in which Mr. Biden participated "so neither campaign can assert that the sponsoring organization is obviously unacceptable."
Networks that meet that mark include CBS News, ABC News, CNN and Telemundo.
And the debate moderators "should be selected by the broadcast host from among their regular personnel, so as to avoid a 'ringer' or partisan," Ms. O'Malley Dillon adds.
This will be a Presidential candidate debate, not a primary debate.

LINK
normalhorn
chris1515 said:

Biden should NOT do this.

At this point, I think he has the election won. Don't do anything to blow it.

I swear both these guys are in a game of one upmanship to see who can screw things up the most in this campaign.
Rigged... I think you mistyped your comment.

You surely meant to type "At this point, I think he has the election RIGGED".

You're welcome. FJB
Science Denier
AG
Trump should counter the debates should not be on any network that
1. Promoted the lies about Russia interference
2. Censored and lied to the American people about Hunter's laptop
3. Has a history of providing questions ahead of time to Democratic candidates.
aggiehawg
AG
Will there be any foreign policy questions?
Maroon Dawn
AG
aggiehawg said:

Will there be any foreign policy questions?

You mean like last time when they specifically removed FP as a topic because they felt it was a weak issue for Biden and made it BLM instead?
Rockdoc
AG
Who is dumb enough to think the networks chosen by Biden won't stack the deck against Trump? Remember when Donna Brazil forked over the questions in advance? Trump needs to be careful and have some input here.
Logos Stick
Rockdoc said:

Who is dumb enough to think the networks chosen by Biden won't stack the deck against Trump? Remember when Donna Brazil forked over the questions in advance? Trump needs to be careful and have some input here.

Trump obviously.

Trumps arrogance trumps his brain power!
VP at Pierce and Pierce
Biden will be high as a kite on meth and will do a decent job as he will stay on message. Trump will get some shots in early but instead of staying focused and pointing out the errors in Biden, he will ramble on and make a bunch of "I" statements resulting in a draw.
BoydCrowder13
Trump hurt himself bigot in 2020 with the interruptions. The debates were a wasted opportunity.

He can easily beat Biden if he just lets the guy talk and then bash him when it's his turn.
Logos Stick
I bet Biden has them turn the lights way down so he doesn't have to wear shades since he will be hopped up on major drugs. His eyes will be like dolls eyes. The networks will accommodate and do everything they can to help him win.
Fireman
AG
If Trump could just stay disciplined and repeatedly ask Poopy Pants Biden what he meant with that last answer, over and over again.....the country would quickly learn, our current President has not idea what he is talking about.
Cromagnum
AG
Logos Stick said:

- No audience.
- No RFK Jr.

Does Biden also get a teleprompter and multiple takes when he trips on his own dick?
dallasiteinsa02
Trump should have a staffer pull a ziploc bag out of his pocket after it is over. Walk over the podium and act like they are dropping a hair in a plastic bag for drug testing. The panic would be legendary.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
AggieUSMC said:

All seems reasonable except for the no audience thing.
That's the most reasonable of them all. An audience is mostly an annoying distraction. A live broadcast without an audience is ideal. It's the rest that I take issue with (opposition-controlled moderation, excluding the 3rd party candidate, etc.).
No Spin Ag
BoydCrowder13 said:

Trump hurt himself bigot in 2020 with the interruptions. The debates were a wasted opportunity.

He can easily beat Biden if he just lets the guy talk and then bash him when it's his turn.

This to infinity. Any debate will be Biden's to lose, and if Trump can stay focused, it'll be a cakewalk.
deddog
AG
No Spin Ag said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

This to infinity. Any debate will be Biden's to lose, and if Trump can stay focused, it'll be a cakewalk.
Hence the no audience.
This way they can edit Biden's nonsensical talk out

The POTUS is afraid of a ****ing audience.
Imagine that.
Texas velvet maestro
two debates. I think Biden and friends will get caught doing something underhanded.
I'll be surprised if they actually debate twice.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.