Biden will debate Trump but...

15,420 Views | 232 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by peacedude
Logos Stick
How long do you want to ignore this user?

- No audience.
- No RFK Jr.
- No Trump remarks during Biden's answers.
- Only Biden-friendly outlets & anchors can moderate (from CBS, ABC, CNN or Telemundo).

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/15/us/politics/biden-trump-debates.html
93MarineHorn
Logos Stick said:

- No audience.
- No RFK Jr.
- Only Biden-friendly outlets & anchors can moderate (from CBS, ABC, CNN or Telemundo).

Trump should still jump at this. Bullet point #3 will help Trump keep his damn mouth shut while peepaw is fumbling thru answers.
BMX Bandit
he did

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-accepts-biden-offer-debate-him-june-september

Sims
AG
No audience just means they can edit however they want and noone will know the diff.

That just screams transparency that the incumbent Presidential candidate would not debate in front of actual people.
Max Stonetrail
Why would the most powerful man and leader of the free world need terms?
Jason C.
AG
Poor Biden. Just needs to memorize and spout off his lines. Trump HAS to interrupt him.

I can't wait for Trump's rejoinders. "Do we need to take a break so Joe can get his meds?" "Give 'em another shot in the ass!"
TRADUCTOR
Max Stonetrail said:

Dementia, the pedo is riddled with it
Maroon Dawn
AG
- Only topics they'll allow will be abortion, BLM and trans rights
AggieUSMC
AG
All seems reasonable except for the no audience thing.
Maroon Dawn
AG
AggieUSMC said:

Easier for them to make the deep long edits necessary to make Biden seem coherent
goatchze
AG
I would like to see a real debate between candidates, whether this cycle or future ones. These things always just end up as talking points and the winner is the one who tosses in the best zingers.
Joes
Logos Stick said:

- No audience.
- No RFK Jr.

Hell, this is the best thing that could happen for Trump.

Last time near the end of the debate an old friend of mine called me pissed off yelling "If Trump could have just kept his damn mouth shut and let Biden make a fool of himself it would have been decisive, but he had to keep jumping in and talking over him like an idiot!"

And I agreed.
UnderoosAg
AG
Trump needs to put a digital clock on his podium so you can see the time jumps and edits.
Sims
AG
AggieUSMC said:

No audience is the new basement campaigning. Biden can't function extemporaneously.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
Rockdoc
AG
As long as Biden has the questions a few weeks ahead, he may get the answers out.
Texas velvet maestro
drug testing?
TexAgs91
AG
This is ridiculous. Trump just says ok to all of Biden's terms? Debating a democrat in a democrat territory.

This Trump's Art of the Deal?
Fight! Fight! Fight!
peacedude
AG
Trump should not answer a single question; simply read aloud every blatant lie that Joe has spewed since January 2021. It might take the entirety of the allotted hour+, but it would be completely effective.

Oh, and have flash card w/pictures of the Afghan debacle, Joe checking his watch, Joe staring at a little girl's chest, Hunter's laptop, Ashley's diary, the FBI's scattered Top Secret boxes, etc., etc. Make it easy for the morons to see that Joe has never told the truth about anything...other than his ass having had the sh*t wiped off of it.
Logos Stick
AggieUSMC said:

ye, ignore the fact that Dem Propaganda outlets ONLY will moderate!
Owlagdad
If I remember correctly, Joe did his share of interrupting last time.
Has he lost that ability? Ads of last debate with these conditions underscored need to be made and ask America if Joe can even think
Gigem314
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

AggieUSMC said:

Easier for them to make the deep long edits necessary to make Biden seem coherent
Could be. But I think main reason is because the Biden team is worried about not getting enough enthusiastic Biden supporters to clap for him. The Trump folks, even if in small numbers that concealed themselves enough to get in, would be the most vocal and enthusiastic. That would be a bad look for Biden.

The thing is, Trump is going to get in his answers regardless of the format. He is a bull in a china shop that will never fully adhere to the rules. My only concern is making sure he channels that combative approach to the issues Biden is failing at instead of focusing on the 2020 election or his court cases. If he focuses on the issues and showcases how awful Biden's policies have been - I think he has a chance to do very well in that debate.

And I think Trump will find a way to rattle Biden and get him off script...which will be the most entertaining part. This time the Biden team has the burden of being the incumbent playing defense, and I don't think it will go very well for them.

I'm honestly surprised they're willing to trot him out for a single debate. It might be the first and last debate of the campaign if goes poorly for them.
Texas velvet maestro
Yep, the ammo Trump has since the last debate, verified stuff now, is crazy.
Reload8098
AG
Best thing he can do is not get into another shouting match with the dementia patient. It turns the moderates off. Stick to the facts, which are overwhelming, not name calling.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
what's the point of a debate. if you are to stupid to see the stark contrast of your life from 2016-2020 and then 2020-2024 your a moron and don't deserve to vote.

infinity ag
Max Stonetrail said:

What makes you think the POTUS is the above? Wake up. This isn't the 60s.
dallasiteinsa02
Trump doesn't need to interrupt. He needs to give his statement and fire back a tough question on topic. Biden gets so stuck in his statements and made-up facts that I would respond with lines like the following:

You put out a tweet in 2021 claiming the cost of an American family's 4th of July cookout is down .16 cents. Since that tweet, the same 4th of July cookout is up $23.00 under your leadership. You are killing the American family not just on 4th of July but every week. What do you have to say to the family that can't afford to put food on the table because of Bidenflation.

My fear is that the moderators are going to work overtime to protect Biden and step in but the puch is landed.

I would do this over and over again. If he does respond, it will be nonsensical, out of touch, or a democrat talking point.
TexAgs91
AG
Last time Trump underestimated the effectiveness of the drugs they pumped into Biden. He thought he'd be debating a vegetable. He wasn't. Hopefully he doesn't make that mistake this time, and hopefully he'll have a good answer for the question that will come up: Did Joe Biden steal the 2020 election?
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Line Ate Member
AG
If I was Trump, I would ask for the ability to. Record the debate as well. When the deep cut is sent out, he can send out the original.
93MarineHorn
Logos Stick said:

- No audience.
- No RFK Jr.

Trump needs to demand that the moderators can't interrupt either candidate. Otherwise they'll interrupt Trump to argue with him and they'll interrupt Biden to help him clarify and correct his pathetic responses.
TexAgs91
AG
93MarineHorn said:

Logos Stick said:

- No audience.
- No RFK Jr.

Trump needs to demand that the moderators can't interrupt either candidate. Otherwise they'll interrupt Trump to argue with him and they'll interrupt Biden to help him clarify and correct his pathetic responses.
This

And he'll be debating the moderators.
Fight! Fight! Fight!
dallasiteinsa02
Line Ate Member said:

If I was Trump, I would ask for the ability to. Record the debate as well. When the deep cut is sent out, he can send out the original.
I was thinking it would still air live just with no audience. Not sure why the audience being there is an advantage to either side.
LMCane
Logos Stick said:

- No audience.
- No RFK Jr.

honestly that will only help Trump if the loud mouth is forbidden from interrupting

that is what killed Trump in the debates of 2020 looking like a crazy @#$@# interrupting Biden- when he should never have said a word and let Biden hang himself on his idiotic answers.
bobbranco
AG
Logos Stick said:

- No audience.
- No RFK Jr.

FJB and his advisers. Debate should follow past practices.
Ferg
TexAgs91 said:

93MarineHorn said:

Logos Stick said:

- No audience.
- No RFK Jr.

This

And he'll be debating the moderators.
Also that Biden can't interrupt or make his loud noises during Trumps answers.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.