Biden will debate Trump but...

15,901 Views | 232 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by peacedude
bobbranco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dallasiteinsa02 said:

Line Ate Member said:

If I was Trump, I would ask for the ability to. Record the debate as well. When the deep cut is sent out, he can send out the original.
I was thinking it would still air live just with no audience. Not sure why the audience being there is an advantage to either side.
Crowds chanting FJB at almost every Presidential stop may indicate why the desire for no audience.
Gigem314
AG
TexAgs91 said:

Last time Trump underestimated the effectiveness of the drugs they pumped into Biden. He thought he'd be debating a vegetable. He wasn't. Hopefully he doesn't make that mistake this time, and hopefully he'll have a good answer for the question that will come up: Did Joe Biden steal the 2020 election?
Last time Biden was the challenger and could be 100% on offense, while Trump was mostly playing defense over his policies and the pandemic. This time around Trump is the challenger and has over 3 years of horrid policies to hammer Biden with while Biden - in worse cognitive shape than he was even in 2020 - plays defense.

The moderators will no doubt help Biden and debate Trump - so he'll really be debating more than one person. But I think the task is much tougher for Biden this time around. They've kept him in a bubble for 3 years and even with all his meds and assistance, he's in worse shape. He's better off staying in the basement, but given how unpopular he is - his team probably feels compelled to get him out there in hopes of making him look good next to Trump.
Ferg
Trump should demand it be shown on two networks, one chosen by each candidate, and each network provides a moderator who take turns asking questions. Lets say CNN and Newsmax.
2023NCAggies
I think Trump has had one good debate since I started watching him.

He is terrible at debates. It is like he doesn't prepare at all, and it turns in to a shouting match and name calling.

Dumb idea, he shouldn't have said anything about debates, he called out Biden, thinking he would not do it. Wrong.

Now he has to agree to all those demands or people will think he backed out, because no one will say why.

And Biden is still fully capable of completing a debate that will make him look somewhat competent, they have the drugs for it and all they need them for is two nights

And that is the only goal for the Dems, make him still seem somewhat knowledgeable, component, and people to feel sorry for him as Trump goes on his tirade
IndividualFreedom
I dare Donald to tell Joe, "Don't Jump". Nah, DJT needs to be respectful.... This could all backfire on him if he is poking at an obvious dementia case. Joe might get sympathy from a segment that potentially went to DJT. Plus, it is the right thing to do. DJT can make fun of FJB at his rallies.
Jason C.
AG
UnderoosAg said:

Trump needs to put a digital clock on his podium so you can see the time jumps and edits.

TyHolden
AG
We are a communistic country now. What a joke.
4stringAg
AG
The moderators will load up on questions about Trump's legal troubles. The entire debate will be about that. Ridiculous terms.
richardag
dallasiteinsa02 said:

Trump doesn't need to interrupt. He needs to give his statement and fire back a tough question on topic. Biden gets so stuck in his statements and made-up facts that I would respond with lines like the following:

You put out a tweet in 2021 claiming the cost of an American family's 4th of July cookout is down .16 cents. Since that tweet, the same 4th of July cookout is up $23.00 under your leadership. You are killing the American family not just on 4th of July but every week. What do you have to say to the family that can't afford to put food on the table because of Bidenflation.

My fear is that the moderators are going to work overtime to protect Biden and step in but the puch is landed.

I would do this over and over again. If he does respond, it will be nonsensical, out of touch, or a democrat talking point.
your statement ,"My fear is that the moderators are going to work overtime to protect Biden and step in but the puch is landed." This is a given. The MSM has become a dangerous joke.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
Prosperdick
AG
4stringAg said:

The moderators will load up on questions about Trump's legal troubles. The entire debate will be about that. Ridiculous terms.
Exactly, "As a convicted criminal, why should the American people want you as their president?"

Expect MANY questions like that from the "neutral" moderators.
No Spin Ag
Ferg said:

Trump should demand it be shown on two networks, one chosen by each candidate, and each network provides a moderator who take turns asking questions. Lets say CNN and Newsmax.

I like this idea, though I'd say MSNBC is more a equal counter to Newsmax. CNN seems more a fit to Fox News.
richardag
Prosperdick said:

4stringAg said:

Exactly, "As a convicted criminal, why should the American people want you as their president?"

Expect MANY questions like that from the "neutral" moderators.
Will gag orders come into play? Seems likely, they know the corrupted judges have tried to stifle anything President Trump could say.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
itsyourboypookie
Took ten takes to get this and peepaw looks ancient

jrdaustin
AG
93MarineHorn said:

Logos Stick said:

- No audience.
- No RFK Jr.
- No Trump remarks during Biden's answers.
- Only Biden-friendly outlets & anchors can moderate (from CBS, ABC, CNN or Telemundo).

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/15/us/politics/biden-trump-debates.html
Trump needs to demand that the moderators can't interrupt either candidate. Otherwise they'll interrupt Trump to argue with him and they'll interrupt Biden to help him clarify and correct his pathetic responses.
Not only this, but if Trump lands blows against Biden by pointing out flaws in his reasoning and asking him to clarify fabricated, canned responses, I can easily see the mods goaltending for Biden by interrupting Trump and saying "we need to move on".

Under the scenario proposed, I can easily see what the format is going to be. As stated above, BLM, abortion, Trump's "criminal" history, etc. They will avoid like the plague things like crime, illegal immigration, the economy, foreign policy, and the weaponization of government agencies.

Questions will be phrased to place Trump on the defensive, will allow Biden to present a memorized - or telepropmted - attack against Trump, with the idea of Trump spending his allotted time responding to the attack rather than discussing policy. Then, no extemporaneous response from Biden, but move on the the next attack subject.

Trump is definitely walking into a trap. That's the only reason Biden's handlers would have him throw out the challenge. The question is, How will Trump navigate it?
Tramp96
Logos Stick said:

- No audience.
- No RFK Jr.
- No Trump remarks during Biden's answers.
- Only Biden-friendly outlets & anchors can moderate (from CBS, ABC, CNN or Telemundo).

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/15/us/politics/biden-trump-debates.html

#4 would be the deal-breaker for me. We've seen how liberal moderators will completely interject themselves into the debate and make it a two-against-one for Trump to overcome.

Ghost Mech
We are better than this......330 Million people and these are the only two we can come up with to represent the country?????
jrdaustin
AG
Gigem314 said:

Maroon Dawn said:

AggieUSMC said:

All seems reasonable except for the no audience thing.

Easier for them to make the deep long edits necessary to make Biden seem coherent
Could be. But I think main reason is because the Biden team is worried about not getting enough enthusiastic Biden supporters to clap for him.

Maybe, but I think the more likely reason is that Biden needs to be able to read prepared responses rather than answer contemporaneously.

This will be the most scripted debate in history. The lack of an audience is required to pull off the scheme.
chris1515
AG
Biden should NOT do this.

At this point, I think he has the election won. Don't do anything to blow it.

I swear both these guys are in a game of one upmanship to see who can screw things up the most in this campaign.
oh no
AG
Joe Biden is, by far, the most popular politician to ever grace this nation with his presence. Why should he need terms?
Jeeper79
AG
Sims said:

No audience just means they can edit however they want and noone will know the diff.

That just screams transparency that the incumbent Presidential candidate would not debate in front of actual people.
Its a weak move by Biden, but Trump would assuredly have his own representatives there. It seems virtual impossible to be able to edit without Trump's camp destroying him for it.
javajaws
AG
Can't wait for all the Depends commercials while this is being shown!
jrdaustin
AG
itsyourboypookie said:

The "free on Wednesdays" comment is interesting.

Biden's DOJ is the one with multiple legal prosecutions against his eventual opponent. Something that Trump was impeached for, if I recall directly.

And before you Biden goaltenders say that a number of the prosecutions are state level and not federal, remember that Nathan Wade went to the White House to be coached and trained on the Georgia prosecution, and Michael Colangelo transferred from the DOJ to Bragg's office to assist in the current prosecution.

Real hubris on the Biden team to have him make the "free on Wednesdays" comment. Remember. THIS is what you'll be voting for.
Tramp96
chris1515 said:

Biden should NOT do this.

At this point, I think he has the election won. Don't do anything to blow it.

Joes
Ghost Mech said:

We are better than this......330 Million people and these are the only two we can come up with to represent the country?????
We should be better than this, but I don't think we are.

Simply interacting with people all day tells me this.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
itsyourboypookie said:

Logos Stick
Trump is an idiot for accepting these terms. He's way over confident and has no reason to be.
TexAg1987

I don't believe Biden showed up for a debate since 2020 either.

No Spin Ag
Ghost Mech said:

You can thank the geriatric and far left and right of each party for this. Thankfully this is the last time we'll have these two as options.

I can't wait for us to have younger choices of those who are only between AARP and Social Security ages.
Gigem314
AG
itsyourboypookie said:

ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
UnderoosAg said:

Trump needs to put a digital clock on his podium so you can see the time jumps and edits.

Gigem314
AG
Logos Stick said:

Trump is an idiot for accepting these terms. He's way over confident and has no reason to be.
What does he have to lose? They are going to hammer him regardless of whether he debates. If he made his own demands, Biden and the media would just spin it as Trump being a selfish baby.

Trump is going to get his points across regardless of whatever limitations the dems and moderators put on the debate.

I think it's Team Biden that's over confident more than Trump.

They don't seem the slightest bit concerned over the likely contrast of an energetic challenger vs. their incumbent who can barely get through a sentence and is in even worse shape than 4 years ago.
PCC_80
AG
Quote:

No audience just means they can edit however they want and noone will know the diff.
I assume that they will edit both Brandon's and Trumps answers.

I good editor will have Trump calling for the death of all blacks and gays. I think that Trump needs to rethink these rules.
oh no
AG
Does Joe think he won a debate because he lied to the world about his son receiving money from China?
Funky Winkerbean
AG
No way I will watch it, so idgaf.
Ghost Mech
No Spin Ag said:

Ghost Mech said:

You can thank the geriatric and far left and right of each party for this. Thankfully this is the last time we'll have these two as options.

I can't wait for us to have younger choices of those who are only between AARP and Social Security ages.

I'd take an AI President over these too. At least that way, our destruction would be quick.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.