Muh Polls

366,583 Views | 3361 Replies | Last: 22 min ago by Captn_Ag05
Barnyard96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No GA poll from Trafalgar?
jt2hunt
AG
TyHolden
AG
Barnyard96 said:

No GA poll from Trafalgar?
there was no GA poll correct - not sure why
TyHolden
AG
This one has GA in it...

Barnyard96
AG
Right
Jack Boyette
Barnyard96 said:

Right

wtf?
Drahknor03
AG
That NYT poll has some really weird cross tabs. Harris tied with white voters, up bigly with older voters. The top lines don't seem too crazy, but the cross tabs don't line up with the other polls showing Kamala up.
TyHolden
AG
NYT is the biggest democrat rag out there. They put out a hit piece this morning saying Trump calls Kamala a ***** all the time according to "anonymous sources".
Barnyard96
AG
Link to cross tabs. 1900 lv's across 3 states.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2024/08/10/us/elections/times-siena-poll-likely-electorate-crosstabs.html

nortex97
AG
Apparently, per Sen. Graham (yes, I know), Gov. Kemp is going to finally put his political machine into motion. I don't think he wants to deal with the (insert your phrase here) of ignominy if Ga went for Kamala this time, and it will help his state legislators in campaigns too to unite around a core message to support the GOP nominee.

If Kemp and DJT can set aside their differences for a couple of months publicly, Ga will be safely GOP.
oh no
AG
Captn_Ag05
AG
Cross tabs are weird on that poll but the party ID isn't really off. There are around 300k more registered Dems that Republicans in Pennsylvania for example. Some of those are still old school conservative Democrats though so an over representation of urban Dems will skew results.
Barnyard96
AG
How do you identify and separate the independents for scrutiny?
Ag with kids
AG
Barnyard96 said:

Right

They don't even have an MoE for that survey...

Must be REALLY accurate.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Barnyard96 said:

How do you identify and separate the independents for scrutiny?

You have to look at education, income, suburban/urban/rural status, etc. for independents. An independent with college degree in a Philly suburb is going to be very different than an independent with a high school degree in Scranton. Their cross tabs don't really allow for that level of scrutiny.
Barnyard96
AG
And its the I's that decide. A swing of 3% changes the lead right?
Quo Vadis?
We are supposed to believe trump's support among white non college educated fell from +35 to +14 going from 2020 Biden to Harris?

nortex97
AG
I know some want to portray the Kamala Tampon Tim surge as real/threatening, but…not so much.

Folks, there's no reason to think Trump has lost any voters, period, to Kamala-Walz. And again, RFK Jr voters seem to be breaking away from the fully communist/weirdo ticket toward Trump now. I expect that to continue, even if the Democrats audaciously have their circus convention decked out somehow in red white and blue.

Frankly, I think Trump is very likely to win/be ahead in Michigan, despite the above, which is still thrown off by that wacko Bloomberg poll that showed Harris up 11.
jt2hunt
AG
Quo Vadis?
These don't look believable either. I don't think he has a higher portion of the Hispanic vote than the white vote, and if he gets 30% of the black vote, I'll eat my hat.
Artorias
AG
Quo Vadis? said:

These don't look believable either. I don't think he has a higher portion of the Hispanic vote than the white vote, and if he gets 30% of the black vote, I'll eat my hat.
30% of black vote is probably high, but I think he will surprise some people with the number of black men he gains this round.
jt2hunt
AG
Quo Vadis? said:

blocks only made up 13% of the poll 30 or 20% doesn't sway it that much
Quo Vadis?
I'd give my left nut to have Trump win the popular vote and just pancake Kamala by 300+ ev's
agsalaska
AG
Artorias said:

Quo Vadis? said:

30% of black vote is probably high, but I think he will surprise some people with the number of black men he gains this round.

I agree. Black men are not going to be lining up to vote for Harris. No way.
SoyTanLento
Now tied with Kamala in NC in a recent poll. If only this could have been avoidable.
TyHolden
AG
ImSoDumb said:

Now tied with Kamala in NC in a recent poll. If only this could have been avoidable.
Where was this 4 years ago at this time?

8 years ago today....

birdman
ImSoDumb said:

0% chance that Harris and Trump are tied in North Carolina
tallgrant
My apologies because the link is from the failing NY Times.

Sienna weighed the Wisconsin poll 33% Democrat 27% Republican. That's their likely voter number- for registered they're 32/27.

Wisconsin doesn't track party affiliation. When I googled the question the first response is Pew saying they're about even.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2024/08/10/us/elections/times-siena-poll-wisconsin-registered-voters.html
TyHolden
AG
Hungry Ojos
One thing's for sure.

Rasmussen is either going to come out of this election as the gold standard for polling…

Or with a TON of egg on its face.
oh no
AG
I don't think Rasmussen is factoring fraud and mass-mailed ballot harvesting operations into their model.
nortex97
AG

The economy is everything. I think Walz' DUI, stolen valor, horse…stuff are catching up with the public. And as with the July jobs report, monthly CPI due this wednesday is likely to stoke more market 'chaos.'

I don't think she will be able to successfully run from the basement through November, while having her team deny she was part of the Biden Harris administration/trying to copy Trump policy positions as with tip taxes. Any 'honeymoon' from the Biden coup is over, as the Rasmussen poll shows.
Quo Vadis?
TyHolden said:

Rasmussen and Trafalgar get a lot of **** because they have an R bias; which is absolutely stupid as the "esteemed blue bold pollsters of the left" have gotten their crap absolutely pushed in the last few elections.

I think the average poll in 2020 was something like skewed leftward by 7-8%; Trump was supposed to lose NC by 4, Ohio by 1, and Florida by 3.

Rasmussen may be a point or two biased Red, but they're still much more accurate than the other polls.

nortex97
AG
And..Scott is unironically a very neutral and good pollster, imho (not affiliated with the polls cited today, which he sold off like 10 years ago).

None of these trendlines/issues indicate a path for Harris-Walz to consolidate support outside of the communist voter block they already have:

I also think he has a point that neither candidate has a likely path to cross over the 53% threshold nationally; keep in mind the Democrats will have something like a 40 percent margin in CA and NY, and the GOP (population) strongholds of Texas and Florida are much closer.

Quo Vadis?
Exactly,

I'm no fan of Mitt Romney, but he was very smart with his "47 percent" comment. The dems are assured 47% of the popular vote, as are the Republicans, virtually regardless of who they run. The battle is for the other 6% of the undecideds, and where they come from.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.