Muh Polls

423,279 Views | 3719 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by redsquirrelAG
nortex97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

nortex97 said:

Ultimately, the Democrats should, imho, focus on saving the senate first, with a change at the top of the ticket. I think Silver agrees with this.
Silver has already said openly that the Dems should dump Biden on his Substack, and that he will vote third party if they don't. Not sure if that means RFK Jr., or what. Stein and West are both way left of where he has claimed to be, politically.
His individual vote/opinion on what he wants to happen I don't care about (it's been obvious for many years he is a partisan Democrat/leftist at heart). I value somewhat his analysis of the polling data separate from his personal commentary, I guess I am trying to say.

The democrats have to do something to try to flip the table inarguably, imho:

Barnyard96
AG
Wow. Legit?
nortex97
AG
It's a gambling market, basically, not a poll aggregate etc. But, it's what the market really is right now, imho.
LMCane
HUUUUUGE
LFG... this would be a GOP senate majority after so many disasters.

LMCane
nortex97 said:

It's a gambling market, basically, not a poll aggregate etc. But, it's what the market really is right now, imho.
would GLADLY take a GOP Senate with Trump in White House and a slight dem House majority.

compared to how things looked 5 months ago.
nortex97
AG
Yeah Remington released a slew of polls yesterday and I think Trump's dominance there will help take down Tester finally: all good news, really.

AggieUSMC
AG
The only thing Biden has going for him is that the election is still 4 months away. that's plenty of time for the political winds to shift. think Aggies vs UCLA in 2017. no lead is safe.
Goodnight Irene
AG
AggieUSMC said:

The only thing Biden has going for him is that the election is still 4 months away. that's plenty of time for the political winds to shift. think Aggies vs UCLA in 2017. no lead is safe.

You could've chosen a game the Ags won like A&M vs Northern Iowa
AggieUSMC
AG
Goodnight Irene said:

AggieUSMC said:

You could've chosen a game the Ags won like A&M vs Northern Iowa
No, an Aggie loss is a better analogy. The good guys are ahead right now but that can easily change considering how much time is left on the clock.
Rapier108

"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Rockdoc
AG
Yeah right. Lol
Barnyard96
AG
Here's the poll. No Kennedy.

Rockdoc
AG
If that's what you want to believe that's fine. My opinion is that Biden is crashing. But he will get many millions of votes.
Barnyard96
AG
I dont think Trump +7 in Penn illustrates Biden closing a gap
Rockdoc
AG
Barnyard96 said:

I dont think Trump +7 in Penn illustrates Biden closing a gap

Yeah when it comes to polls I'm not sure what I believe.
nortex97
AG
Do you think that's true? Why would you believe this, if so?
Captn_Ag05
AG
Barnyard96 said:

In no universe would Biden be up 5 in Michigan and down 7 in Pennsylvania. And Trump only up 3 in NC?

Rapier108
nortex97 said:

Do you think that's true? Why would you believe this, if so?
As I've said many times, I don't put much faith in polls in general because I know how they can be so easily manipulated. It is why when I post a poll, I don't usually include a comment. I'll leave it to the people who love polls to get into the poll's weeds.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Kentucky Jeff
Captn_Ag05 said:

Barnyard96 said:

In no universe would Biden be up 5 in Michigan and down 7 in Pennsylvania. And Trump only up 3 in NC?

Agree. Those numbers are skewed. Assuming a two way race, I'm thinking Michigan is more like 50/50, Pennsylvania at 52/48 Trump, North Carolina 54/46 Trump. North Carolina shouldn't even be in play.
Capstone
AG
Can someone give me the Reader's Digest version on the complete flip of AZ and NV from 2020 (7 pts to R)?
bobbranco
AG
nm
nortex97
AG
Capstone said:

Can someone give me the Reader's Digest version on the complete flip of AZ and NV from 2020 (7 pts to R)?
The answer you are looking for are Hispanic voters, collectively, most especially in border states/areas (not the best article but many more are available with a cursory non-google search the past 90 days). This is also why Texas hasn't shifted 'blue' as expected/predicted.
will25u
LMCane
the good thing is that Jill Stein and Robert Kennedy are not going to be dropping out

they will take 4-5% of the vote
bobbranco
AG
LMCane said:

the good thing is that Jill Stein and Robert Kennedy are not going to be dropping out

And?
BoDog
AG
nortex97 said:

Capstone said:

The answer you are looking for are Hispanic voters, collectively, most especially in border states/areas (not the best article but many more are available with a cursory non-google search the past 90 days). This is also why Texas hasn't shifted 'blue' as expected/predicted.
This as well as the fact you have to show voter ID, etc. Secure elections. What a concept!
agsalaska
AG
will25u said:

The polls slightly undercounted Republican support in general in 2016 and 2020 when Trump was on the ballot. They slightly overcounted Republican support in 2018 and in 2022 when he was not.

nortex97
AG
I think you are right and why VA and NM still solid blue in some projections/estimates:

Drahknor03
AG
Hold on to your Pee-Paws…

nortex97
AG

FJB has zero chance, fundamentally, unless this (above) shifts dramatically in his favor. Emerson polls yesterday of battleground states;

LMCane
bobbranco said:

LMCane said:

And?
And that helps Trump
LMCane
what I don't understand is in this thread the smart guys are going back and looking at polls from 2020 and guess what:

219 of 222 polls had Biden beating Trump

yet for some reason, in a very close election, the ONLY possible explanation was "cheating"

so the same people who for four years have claimed 219 out of 222 polls were all wrong,

are now saying it's in the bag for Trump because the polls show him ahead.
LMCane
so basically most of the polls should be R+3 now added to whatever it was showing before.

from D+2 to R+1
Drahknor03
AG
Yes. Obviously each poll has its own secret sauce. But because of the size of the Pew poll and its historical accuracy predicting the electorate, I expect there is going to be some baseline assumptions shifting over the next few weeks.
nortex97
AG
Exactly.

This is one that I think matters. Drop boxes/fraud is a problem in Wisconsin but I think the RNC/trends are significant here.

It will be tough for Milwaukee/Madison to deliver Wisconsin this year for the Dems, especially after a rancorous DNC, and concerns about inflation/debt/economy driving older voters.
First Page Last Page
Page 27 of 107

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.