Biden doing a presser tonight?

33,367 Views | 288 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by aggiehawg
Waffledynamics
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NSIAP

nortex97
AG
2000AgPhD
Texas velvet maestro said:

He threw his staff under the bus for the documents in his garage. Basically admitted he had no oversight over them, had no understanding of their apparent incompetence.

I don't know how many and how complicated his "staff" is, but it's quite an admission that he was clueless and a poor manager.

Well, look at all his political appointees, to include the Supreme Court and his VP. That exemplifies s#it management.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Another report noted Jill Biden's hovering at one of the few times Joe Biden has a "solo" press conference.
Quote:

Biden has only held three solo White House press conferences since taking office in January 2021. At the most recent, in November 2022, Jill arrived at the last minute and was seated at the very front of the State Dining Room by a beefy aide who positioned her so that journalists could not see whether the first lady was urging her husband at any point to make a hasty retreat.
The report also noted more on how the White House is trying to limit access to Biden.
Quote:

The White House press office has also played its part, introducing a Byzantine prescreening process to select which reporters are allowed to attend large indoor events that were open to all under past administrations leading to muttering that those most aligned with the administration were most likely to be extended invitations.

Prescreening was eased following a protest by members of the press corps in the summer of 2022, but returned ahead of Biden's last-minute response to Hur's report Thursday night. Digital RSVP forms only went out a few minutes before the hastily scheduled event in the White House Diplomatic Reception Room and some reporters on the executive mansion's campus were denied access to the relatively small venue.

LINK
nortex97
AG
aggiehawg
AG
nortex97 said:

I was thinking about this the other day in light of the convention being the way superdelegates get into the mix.

Assuming Joe is still around as both a candidate and POTUS, DNC needs to rig the first ballot wherein Biden does not get the majority. On the next and succeeding ballots, superdelegates have a role to play.

Hillary has been maintaining relationships with superdelegates for over forty years. Yes, they dumped her in 2008 when the shiny new Obama caught their fancy.

This is her last chance due to age. And there will be some degree of chaos going into th convention if the Biden and Kamala situation are not resolved before then. Can Hillary rise like a Phoenix from the chaos in Chicago?
nortex97
AG
I think the superdelegates do a lot more now even initially

Ironic it's in Chicago this year too, where joe Kennedy pulled off a lot of ballot stuffing 75 years ago to facilitate the myth of "Camelot". And Obama.
aggiehawg
AG
nortex97 said:

I think the superdelegates do a lot more now even initially

Ironic it's in Chicago this year too, where joe Kennedy pulled off a lot of ballot stuffing 75 years ago to facilitate the myth of "Camelot". And Obama.
Gonna have to be very quiet about it.

Frankly, my mind went to Chicago in 1968.
aggiehawg
AG
Meanwhile:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.