Saw My First Tesla Cyber Truck on the road today

18,605 Views | 267 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Stat Monitor Repairman
Tanya 93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
retiredintx said:

That "truck" is ur everybody stop and look at me…. Im saving the planet. No, ur an idiot that bought a toy so your soy boy, hair gel, one bedroom condo on the 5th floor friends along with their fake dogs, and ur gf (or bf named bruce) hang out and order over priced uber eats crap can all come over and TikTok while u charge that overpriced pos

Interesting take.
Teslag
AG
retiredintx said:

That "truck" is ur everybody stop and look at me…. Im saving the planet. No, ur an idiot that bought a toy so your soy boy, hair gel, one bedroom condo on the 5th floor friends along with their fake dogs, and ur gf (or bf named bruce) hang out and order over priced uber eats crap can all come over and TikTok while u charge that overpriced pos
Yep, and every F250 driver looks like this

GAC06
AG
Might be worth buying just to trigger people like this
Teslag
AG
GAC06 said:

Especially when they try to keep up with one in their "deleted" diesel F250.

And can't.
rynning
AG
It's as ugly in the wild as it was in the studio.
Antoninus
retiredintx said:

That is a seriously childish post.
Ag with kids
AG
It's a futuristic Honda Ridgeline...
maroonthrunthru
Did a little voice inside your head say, "Don't look back, you can never look back " ?
hph6203
AG
It's a Mirror Universe Chevy SSR.
Hungry Ojos
jrdaustin said:

Come Out Roll said:

Did it look as stupid in person as it does in all the pics/vids???
Saw one last week on 620 west of Austin. Thought it might be Elon, but it wasn't. Young guy driving with another mid-30s guy in the passenger seat. I'm in a Camry and it's quite a bit higher up - more than I expected. Was surprised that there were no markings at all on the vehicle. No Tesla decal in the back or what would serve as the grille. It was wide like a Hummer as well.

And yes, it did look kinda stupid. Not something that made me go "Wow! Gotta have one of those!"
Was the passenger's head bobbing up and down?
Medaggie
one safe place said:

Medaggie said:

I would not be surprised if the cybertruck outsells the F150 in 3-5 years Just like the Model Y is the top selling car in the world regardless of class.
Doubt that it outsells the F150
I think this will be more possible than people think. The F150 sell about 900K/yr, a massive amount for sure.

But with the push to EVs, Gas stations adding charging stalls, increase range it will more practical even for local haulers/construction workers.

The Cyber at 300 true miles in 3-5 yrs will be enough for most F150 drivers.

Cyber will eventually ramp to 250K/yr in 2-3 yrs, and prob 500K/yr in 3-5 yrs if there is enough demand. The 900K F150 will have some volume eaten up by the Cybertruck and other truck EVs.

I bet the Cyber will follow the same demand curve as the Model Y. The same was said about the Model Y when it first came out and 3-4 yrs later is the best selling car in the world.

I just find Tesla as a much better product than ICE for most drivers. It is a life changer and you will find very few people who buy a Tesla and hate it. I hated Apple and Amazon when it first came out but once you get into their ecosystem, it just is easier and never wanting to leave. Tesla has an ecosystem that will just get bigger.

Many on here disagrees but this is my week which is what most people who have a Tesla has.

Monday - Charge overnight to 260miles (80%), lots of school stuff and drove 150miles
Tuesday - Charge overnight to 260 miles, school activities/golf range, HEB, errands and drove 120 miles
Wednesday - Didn't charge and left for work 40 miles away. Work has a level 2 charger (it cost us $1K to put in) and let with 260 miles
Thursday - More activities, sports events will drive home with about 160 miles
Friday - Will not charge and leave with 160 miles, work 100 miles away and has Level 2 Charger. Will leave work with 150 miles and will charge at home.

Work place will have high penetration of level 2 chargers. Its cheap to put in and great for employees.

So this week will drive about 650 miles (Very Typical) and charge at home about 350 miles costing me $12 with no extra loss time. The ICE option is 2 gas station trips and $60+. From a practical, time, monetary standpoint, it is a no brainer.

one safe place
Medaggie said:

one safe place said:

Medaggie said:

I would not be surprised if the cybertruck outsells the F150 in 3-5 years Just like the Model Y is the top selling car in the world regardless of class.
Doubt that it outsells the F150
I think this will be more possible than people think. The F150 sell about 900K/yr, a massive amount for sure.

But with the push to EVs, Gas stations adding charging stalls, increase range it will more practical even for local haulers/construction workers.

The Cyber at 300 true miles in 3-5 yrs will be enough for most F150 drivers.

Cyber will eventually ramp to 250K/yr in 2-3 yrs, and prob 500K/yr in 3-5 yrs if there is enough demand. The 900K F150 will have some volume eaten up by the Cybertruck and other truck EVs.

I bet the Cyber will follow the same demand curve as the Model Y. The same was said about the Model Y when it first came out and 3-4 yrs later is the best selling car in the world.

I just find Tesla as a much better product than ICE for most drivers. It is a life changer and you will find very few people who buy a Tesla and hate it. I hated Apple and Amazon when it first came out but once you get into their ecosystem, it just is easier and never wanting to leave. Tesla has an ecosystem that will just get bigger.

Many on here disagrees but this is my week which is what most people who have a Tesla has.

Monday - Charge overnight to 260miles (80%), lots of school stuff and drove 150miles
Tuesday - Charge overnight to 260 miles, school activities/golf range, HEB, errands and drove 120 miles
Wednesday - Didn't charge and left for work 40 miles away. Work has a level 2 charger (it cost us $1K to put in) and let with 260 miles
Thursday - More activities, sports events will drive home with about 160 miles
Friday - Will not charge and leave with 160 miles, work 100 miles away and has Level 2 Charger. Will leave work with 150 miles and will charge at home.

Work place will have high penetration of level 2 chargers. Its cheap to put in and great for employees.

So this week will drive about 650 miles (Very Typical) and charge at home about 350 miles costing me $12 with no extra loss time. The ICE option is 2 gas station trips and $60+. From a practical, time, monetary standpoint, it is a no brainer.

I can just see them all sitting at gas station charging stalls, lol. I cannot imagine any male I know, particularly local haulers/construction workers ever being seen in the cybertruck. The bed of the thing wouldn't hold a fifth of what most have in theirs now. As far as the monetary standpoint, don't forget that battery. There are other reasons most will continue to favor the F150 and F250 (and the other automaker's equivalents), pulling various types of trailers (for those local haulers/construction workers) being one of them. The cybertruck is a soccer mom's pickup, going to the grocery store, putting a bag of potting soil in the back, etc. type of use.

Glad it is working out for you though.
Teslag
AG
Quote:

The cybertruck is a soccer mom's pickup, going to the grocery store, putting a bag of potting soil in the back, etc. type of use.

So it fits the needs of most full size truck owners?
Rockdoc
AG
Teslag said:

Quote:

The cybertruck is a soccer mom's pickup, going to the grocery store, putting a bag of potting soil in the back, etc. type of use.

As a truck, it's a joke. About as funny as a vaccine that is useless.
Medaggie
The F150 bed comes in a 5.5ft, 6.5ft, and 8 ft bed. I don't see much 8 feet beds on the road so I assume that most get the 6.5ft bed.

The Cyber is rumored to be 6.5ft so similar to the typical F150 bed and bigger than the Rivian bed. The ford lightening bed is 5.5 ft.

I would say the bed will be long enough
Ag with kids
AG
Teslag said:

Quote:

Needs? Maybe (see below).

Wants? Nah...the vast majority of non commercial truck buyers aren't going to like the look of it...but it will meet their "needs".

The commercial buyers need a lot more bed space and hauling performance without having to worry about the charging...and they need a truck that can get the **** beat out of it.

It's a great product for the EV crowd, though.
Ag with kids
AG
Medaggie said:

The F150 bed comes in a 5.5ft, 6.5ft, and 8 ft bed. I don't see much 8 feet beds on the road so I assume that most get the 6.5ft bed.

The Cyber is rumored to be 6.5ft so similar to the typical F150 bed and bigger than the Rivian bed. The ford lightening bed is 5.5 ft.

This doesn't look like a standard 6.5' bed...
lead
That is hideous. How easy would it have been to take an existing lite truck body and put the motors on that?
FCBlitz
Ag with kids said:

It's a futuristic Honda Ridgeline...
. The Aztec was the ugliest vehicle ever made.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Looks like something BA Baracus welded up to bust the A-team out of somewhere.
hph6203
AG
Probably a 5.5'-6' bed. Supposedly that bike is around 7' end to end and there's space behind it so more of it could have fit in the bed.
TexasRebel
AG
Ag with kids said:

Medaggie said:

Standard beds are 8ft. Just like a standard sheet of plywood.
Medaggie
I believe standard truck beds are 6.5ft, extended 8 ft. Most of my construction friends are 6.5ft
TTUArmy
Love the technology but, there's a lot to be desired on the design. Goodness... I was in the Army when Humvees first hit the motor pool. I liked those way better than this...thing.
one safe place
Teslag said:

Quote:

Not most. Certainly not enough to overtake the F150 in sales. Soccer moms tend to drive smaller SUVs.
TexasRebel
AG
You can believe the earth is flat, too.
schmellba99
AG
Teslag said:

GAC06 said:

Especially when they try to keep up with one in their "deleted" diesel F250.

And can't.
You keep throwing out this "keeping up" concept.

Imma give you a bit of a hint - very, very, very few people buy a truck with the concept of speed as a primary concern. Even the brosephuses that buy the Raptors or whatever aren't buying them for speed.

That ugly AF "truck" may be able to go fast - but while you are waiting for it to charge at the charging station 100 miles down the road, I'll roll on by at 80....and keep on rolling down the road. With or without a trailer. And do so for multiple hundreds of miles before I need to stop for 10 minutes to fuel back up and keep going.

And that's in my little F150 company truck that sucks.
schmellba99
AG
Ag with kids said:

Medaggie said:

It's not. My Mule has more bed capacity than this thing does.

Also...imagine being shoved in the back seat of that thing. Hope none of your passengers are more than about 4.5' tall or it would be an absolutely miserable experience from the look of things.
schmellba99
AG
hph6203 said:

Probably a 5.5'-6' bed. Supposedly that bike is around 7' end to end and there's space behind it so more of it could have fit in the bed.
Standard road bike is about 68" wheel to wheel, less than 6 feet. If a "truck" bed can't hold something as benign as a bike without having half of it hanging out, major fail on the design and or capacity.
oh no
AG
not sure if they did it, but quick google search says they were at some point considering a folding back seat to make the bed full sized when needed. (like the old chevy avalanche)

oh no
AG

maybe close to a standard size?

does a cyber ATV fit in the bed of a cyber truck?
hph6203
AG
There's space behind the bike and that bike is bigger than you think. Hanging it over the tailgate is a strategy to keep the bike from falling over/getting damaged, because that's an $8000+ mountain bike.

Here's a forum post showing the Cybertruck with a Honda Africa Twin motorcycle in the bed with the tailgate up. That motorcycle is 7'8" long. It's in there diagonally, so the bed isn't nearly 8', but it's definitely not a Ridgeline.

https://www.cybertruckownersclub.com/forum/threads/cybertruck-hauling-big-motorcycle-honda-adventure-in-its-bed.9588/

It's also entirely possible that they have multiple configurations for a short bed/standard bed, but the leaked specs indicate the bed is 72.8" long and 51" wide. Basically the mid-point between a short bed and standard bed if you remove the area with the wheel well intrusion. In other words it's a vertical face, rather than a hump.

https://insideevs.com/news/695385/tesla-cybertruck-specs-leak-comparison-competition/amp/
hph6203
AG
The truck has gotten smaller since its announcement, most notably in height, the midgate has been removed from the prototypes and probably won't be part of production.
oh no
AG
hph6203 said:

that's an $8000+ mountain bike.
that's a crime.
hph6203
AG
Was shocking when I looked it up to try to find the dimensions. That's a hefty price to pay for something that's inevitably going to come with significant medical bills too.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.