Saw My First Tesla Cyber Truck on the road today

18,630 Views | 267 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Stat Monitor Repairman
bonfarr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tesla Cyber Truck blew past me on I-35 in New Braunfels this morning, the first one I have seen on the road. At first I didn't know what I was looking at because it is so alien looking. I thought only two were in existence and that must be Elon rocketing past me but I looked it up and apparently the first deliveries are happening this month so not Elon.

I am still mixed on my feelings on the styling, at first glance I think no way but the more I looked at it I thought the thing was pretty badass.
Im Gipper
Interesting. I have not seen one, but out on the road today, I saw a dead head sticker on a Cadillac.

I'm Gipper
Robert L. Peters
Im Gipper said:

Interesting. I have not seen one, but out on the road today, I saw a dead head sticker on a Cadillac.

Well, I saw a Black Flag sticker on a Cadillac.
nortex97
AG
Did it have a little bumper sticker on it in red with little yellow stars?
hph6203
AG
I saw a black sticker on a Cybertruck.

It Aint Easy Being Brown
Homo af
Antoninus
bonfarr said:

Tesla Cyber Truck blew past me on I-35 in New Braunfels this morning, the first one I have seen on the road. At first I didn't know what I was looking at because it is so alien looking. I thought only two were in existence and that must be Elon rocketing past me but I looked it up and apparently the first deliveries are happening this month so not Elon.

I am still mixed on my feelings on the styling, at first glance I think no way but the more I looked at it I thought the thing was pretty badass.
They had a mockup in Northpark Mall in Dallas several years ago. It looked pretty damned cool.
oh no
AG
just curious. how long would it take to get one if you ordered one right now?
No Spin Ag
It reminds me of when the Hummer first came out. A certain type of person was drawn to it and the rest of the world thought they were ugly AF.

The Tesla truck falls into the ugly AF category for me. But, if it gets some red blooded Americans to switch from their F150s for it, then Elon's on to something.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Teslag
AG
nortex97 said:

Telsas are the most american made vehicle on the road.
Urban Ag
AG
It Aint Easy Being Brown said:

Homo af
They're f'ing stupid looking for sure

I'm not in to EV's, but my brother had his Rivian pickup delivered this last summer. That is a nice looking ride (toy).
bonfarr
AG
oh no said:

Based on Tesla's reported production schedule it will take them 5 years to complete the pre-orders so would be a long wait if all of those pre-orders still have any their truck.
TheCurl84
AG
bonfarr said:

I'm suspicious of this story. The way traffic moves on that road in that location, there is no "blowing past" anything.

Just kidding. Kind of.
TheCurl84
AG
Also, can that thing really be called a "truck"?
Hanrahan
AG
seen a few driving around austin. they are bizarre looking thats for sure, but also kinda cool to look at, but in a not want to own kind of way
aggie93
AG
hph6203 said:

I saw a black sticker on a Cybertruck.

I have zero desire to have a Cybertruck and I will be in the market for another truck in the next year or so (probably going Tundra after 2 F150s). That said the Black looks much, much better than the silver. I like a more traditional look though and have even considered getting an old school truck like a 1970ish Ford or Chevy with 3 on the Tree that is in good mechanical shape and the body looks decent but isn't a show truck. Nothing fancy just something straight out of Americana.

I'd love a Hybrid Tundra though that could use electric driving around town but I don't have to worry about needing power or getting charged the rest of the time.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Ag with kids
AG
Robert L. Peters said:

Im Gipper said:

usmcbrooks
Ag with kids said:

Robert L. Peters said:

Im Gipper said:

A.G.S.94

Origami.
Deputy Travis Junior
That thing is hideous but it might be beautiful
pdc093
Krazykat
AG
bonfarr said:

Those things look like one of the tanks from the 80's video game Battle Zone.
The Fife
Tires that size look like they'll be a fortune to replace!
BarKeep_03
AG
Looks like those wireframe vehicles from early simulators
VitruvianAg
AG
bonfarr said:

oh no said:

Based on Tesla's reported production schedule it will take them 5 years to complete the pre-orders so would be a long wait if all of those pre-orders still have any their truck.
Uhhh, I think that list is going to drop a bit, Tesla is having new owners commit to a one-year moratorium on selling the truck w/o Tesla's permission to eliminate speculation...
The Fife
BarKeep_03 said:

Looks like those wireframe vehicles from early simulators
It's Virtua Racing IRL

hph6203
AG
VitruvianAg said:

bonfarr said:

oh no said:

Uhhh, I think that list is going to drop a bit, Tesla is having new owners commit to a one-year moratorium on selling the truck w/o Tesla's permission to eliminate speculation...
That provision was removed.
bonfarr
AG
TheCurl84 said:

bonfarr said:

I'm suspicious of this story. The way traffic moves on that road in that location, there is no "blowing past" anything.

Just kidding. Kind of.

I tried to take video of it after I got behind him but the picture is grainy. Watching the video I got up to 78 and the Cybertruck left me in the dust before I could get close enough to get a better shot.
hph6203
AG
nortex97 said:

Cybertruck is being manufactured in Texas, with batteries made in Texas, and lithium refined in Texas (beginning in 2024). Exactly how American do you expect a vehicle to be?
BigRobSA
Hope you got your monkey pox vaxx, OP.
BigRobSA
hph6203 said:

nortex97 said:

Cybertruck is being manufactured in Texas, with batteries made in Texas, and lithium refined in Texas (beginning in 2024). Exactly how American do you expect a vehicle to be?

Where's the picante sauce, for the taco truck, made, Mister Falcon!?
bmks270
AG
I saw one on the highway recently.
It looks like a movie prop.
It's more hideous in person than in photos.
The Fife
BigRobSA said:

hph6203 said:

nortex97 said:

Where's the picante sauce, for the taco truck, made, Mister Falcon!?
NEW YORK CITY?!

Get a rope...
TexasRebel
AG

Add a gun and it's the tank from Spectre.
Come Out Roll
AG
Did it look as stupid in person as it does in all the pics/vids???

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.