Feinstein [passes away]

17,435 Views | 204 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Burdizzo
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
captkirk said:

CheeseSndwch said:

I will never understand why politicians that appear to have all the means in the world to enjoy life in retirement choose to hang on to power into their dying days.
They crave power more than money
The new junior senator from California is not simply going to step in to all of Feinstein's committee positions. So that "power" would be limited.
stetson
AG
CheeseSndwch said:

I will never understand why politicians that appear to have all the means in the world to enjoy life in retirement choose to hang on to power into their dying days.
Because politicians like Feinstein are altruistic public servants and live only to serve the American people and protect our democracy.
FJB
CDUB98
AG
stetson said:

CheeseSndwch said:

Because politicians like Feinstein are altruistic public servants and live only to serve the American people and protect our democracy.

I wish I could see you in person try to say that with a straight face. Bet you couldn't even while typing.

Well done, sir. This is how you dry sarcasm.
Moral High Horse
Logos Stick said:

Will she still remain in office?

MOSTLY dead
aggiehawg
AG
From earlier this month after Newsom indicated he would appoint a placeholder for Feinstein's seat instead of meddling in the Dem primary. Lee is currently trailing Porter and Schiff, so choosing her would definitely upset that apple cart and piss of Pelosi, who backs Schiff.

Esteban du Plantier
AG
Tweeting from the grave.

Gigem314
AG

ABATTBQ11
AG
Well... bye.
4stringAg
AG
aggie93 said:

RIP for Feinstein. This was the moment that defined her early political career, she was the one who made the announcement about the double assassination of Milk and Moscone and she was very close to both on the SF Board of Supervisors.

After seeing and being there for that, you'd think she'd value her life a bit more than dying as a 90 year old sitting Senator.
Buck Turgidson
aggiehawg said:

From earlier this month after Newsom indicated he would appoint a placeholder for Feinstein's seat instead of meddling in the Dem primary. Lee is currently trailing Porter and Schiff, so choosing her would definitely upset that apple cart and piss of Pelosi, who backs Schiff.

NoahAg
Pelosi you're on deck.
LMCane
doubledog said:

T&P for her family. Disgust for her senatorial staff for elder abuse.
for us conservatives though she was probably the best we could hope for

her replacement is going to be worse for the conservative movement
TheEternalPessimist
RIP.

Only thing positive I can say about her is there was an element of decorum she had for other senators. Even Josh Hawley talked about it.

I absolutely HATED her policy positions for the most part.

But she is the poster card for term limits.
Slicer97
AG
NoahAg said:

Pelosi you're on deck.
Don't go getting my hopes up, dude.
AggieVictor10
AG
We need age limits for public office and also RIP
Less virtue signaling, more vice signaling.

Birds aren’t real.

RFK/brain worm 2024
Aggie97
AG
Get Off My Lawn said:

Fun wrinkle: Gavin wants to make a run at president, so he MAY temper his pick as to pretend he's not the dyed blue leftist that he is…

Likely Selection Criteria :
doesn't hurt newsome's electability
party-obedient
female
feminist ("continues feinstein's legacy")
bonus points for a minority
bonus points for san fransisco associated
aged 25 - 50
politically active

I think he's looking for a CA version of Tulsi Gabbard w/ a bit more party loyalty.
Senators have to be at least 30 when they take office.
Bulldog73
AG
atmtws said:

Rumor has it she's still voting for Joe next year.

Still feel bad that the Chinese wouldn't let her retire years ago so she could enjoy the rest of her life….
China, Satan, Soros, lot's of folks wanting to keep her around. Their causes were all much bigger than any one person's peaceful golden years, and she did sell her soul, after all. A deal is a deal..
fc2112
Sims said:

Interestingly enough, she cast votes on senate business as recently as yesterday.
She'll probably vote tomorrow too.
Ags77
AG
Prayers sent for her family.
Moral High Horse
I can see her being surgically attached to newsom's torso and her telling us to start the reactor from time to time.
Aggie97
AG
May Her Memory be Eternal
Bucketrunner
A song from The Wizard of Oz comes to mind.

Please don't ban me
Pinche Guero
AG
They had her open casket a couple weeks ago
JDUB08AG
AG
Pinche Guero said:

They had her open casket a couple weeks ago

Burdizzo
AG
aggiehawg said:

As if those Marxists would actually switch to republican in the general election.

Who the F does she think she is kidding?
Mary Bailey
Nm, Not worth it.
annie88
AG
Muy said:

Pathetic we have people in that condition making decisions for this country. Greedy, power-hungry people who never want to give up that power make me sick. And the horrible people around her propping this up everyday are the worst this country has to offer.

It's not just the old people. Look at Fetterman. The guy is basically mentally ill and an idiot on top of that and he's there as well. Then there's AOC who is a complete moron and then we have two literally anti Semitic pieces of **** in Tlaib and Omar. It's just disgusting all around now there are some Republican people that are pieces of crap too but the left is just truly disgusting.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
C@LAg
Mary Bailey
Ags77 said:

Prayers sent for her family.
Honest question. Did you really pray for them before you posted this or is it just an internet response?
IslanderAg04
I'm sure Newsome will pick some progressive nut bag that's black/non binary/immigrant/woman?/little person/lesbian.
IslanderAg04
Aggie97 said:

??
annie88
AG
All the Democrats care about is race. So sick of that crap. How about we get the best people into these positions. Oh wait, none of the Democrats are best people.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
Aggie97
AG
IslanderAg04 said:

Aggie97 said:

??
As an Orthodox Christian it is something we say when someone passes away. I am a conservative Christian who does not mourn her loss in the political realm but she has family that will miss her.
Gilligan
AG
She still on the ballot?
GeorgiAg
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.