Question for Non Mexicans who celebrate Cinco de Mayo?

12,238 Views | 196 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Sea Speed
Gunny456
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Then why don't we celebrate the day when all the slaves were released by the Pharo and left Egypt with Moses? Our entire culture were descendants of them.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Ocho Ag said:

You dont need a reason to have a margarita, why pretend to give a damn about a holiday that has zero relation to Americans?

You don't need a reason to convince your kids a fat guy committed a home invasion and ate all the cookies and milk once a year either. Just start having Christmas year round.
safelightKL
Ocho Ag said:

Why do you celebrate it? Its not even a major holiday in Mexico.
I celebrate it so I can wear a giant sombrero and a fake mustache while eating tacos and drinking margaritas. It is a day that celebrate cultural appropriation - one of my hobbies.
Gunny456
AG
I fish a Cinco ( Spanish for Senko) in early Mayo..... weightless in watermelon with blue flake with a #4 hook for bass at Lake Amistad.
TequilaMockingbird
Hedge threads

Señor Chang
AG
JamesBREI06
AG
Señor Chang said:

[url=https://ibb.co/Xj6dnVd][/url]

Bwhahahaga. I hate the embed isn't showing up. With the click
Señor Chang
AG
I think I fixed it
Daddy-O5
AG
Cinco De Mayo "El Gaucho" Limited Edition AR15 Anodized 80% Lower Receiver - Fire / Safe Engraving - Optional Engravings ^ - RightToBear.com

El Chupacabra
Same reason I celebrate Juneteenth, it's a reason to dress up in a manner that culturally appropriates some cultural appropriation and a reason to drink excessive amounts of purple drank/margaritas.
fc2112
G-dam
HtownAg92
AG
Psycho Bunny said:

I always tell my corny Dad joke to my kids on the origin of the holiday:

Back when Mexico and most of the Americas were under Spanish rule, the colonists became bored with the indigenous food, especially the only condiment available -- salsa. So they sent word back to Spain that they needed a different condiment or there would be a revolt. So the Spanish government loaded up a ship and set sail for the Americas. Unfortunately, it ran into a storm off the coast of Mexico and smashed into rocks and was lost. Ever since then, once a year we commemorate that fateful event -- the Sinko de Mayo.
fc2112
I seriously try to avoid this cultural appropriation but all the Mexican restaurants around advertise all their food and drink specials for that day and...

Tanya 93
I am selling 15 dollar 30 ounce margaritas and 12 dollar fajita plates to celebrate
GeorgiAg
AG
Tanya 93 said:

I am selling 15 dollar 30 ounce margaritas and 12 dollar fajita plates to celebrate
Cultural appropriation!!!!!
Franklin Comes Alive!
Señor Chang said:

Holy hell that's great
Build It
AG
I'm not Jewish?
anaggieshusband
Drink specials, might get a free beer from the dos Equis girls
HtownAg92
AG
We would take our annual pilgrimage to Pancho's to raise the flag on Cinco de Mayo at my old job, to be totally ironical. My Mexican-American co-worker gladly joined in because he didn't take things like "cultural appropriation" seriously. He taught us all border Mexican slang and told Mexican jokes.

Example:

What do Mexicans use to cut their pizza?

Little Caesars

(Say it out loud)
Muy
AG
FCBlitz said:

Muy said:

Why do all liberal atheists take off for Christmas?
. Don't forget Easter. Celebrate Jesus Christ and you are weird. Celebrate a fat dude in a red suit and a bunny hiding eggs and people are like ……..oh yeah!!!!

As far was getting off for work, Easter hasn't been a thing at my company ever. They pull off Christmas because it's just a "winter holiday".
degreedy
AG
smothered said:

You have accused me of being a poster im not on at least three different threads, now everybody keeps associating my previous username with the other poster. I dont know you, ive never interacted with you and for some reason you feel I am somebody else, I have asked you multiple times to stop and you haven't. I dont know what your issue is with "hedge" but thats between you two. I would appreciate it you lay off on making false accusations, message me if you want to talk more.
this "smothered" guy's previous username is "Ocho Ag" --- he blatantly attacks Caucasian posters and spews racist posts left and right, then changes his username to something he thinks in inconspicuous, but you can tell by his posting tendencies he rarely leaves behind his racist ideology.
Sea Speed
AG
NPH- said:

smothered said:

You have accused me of being a poster im not on at least three different threads, now everybody keeps associating my previous username with the other poster. I dont know you, ive never interacted with you and for some reason you feel I am somebody else, I have asked you multiple times to stop and you haven't. I dont know what your issue is with "hedge" but thats between you two. I would appreciate it you lay off on making false accusations, message me if you want to talk more.
this "smothered" guy's previous username is "Ocho Ag" --- he blatantly attacks Caucasian posters and spews racist posts left and right, then changes his username to something he thinks in inconspicuous, but you can tell by his posting tendencies he rarely leaves behind his racist ideology.

It's hedge

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.