Question for Non Mexicans who celebrate Cinco de Mayo?

12,228 Views | 196 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Sea Speed
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ocho Ag said:

Its a holiday celebrating the emancipation of slaves, specifically the last slaves from Texas
no us citizens alive today:
1. were slaves here in America
2. owned slaves here in america

using your logic no one should be celebrating it.

anywhere.
C@LAg
Ocho Ag said:

Why do you celebrate it? Its not even a major holiday in Mexico.
why do you care so much about what others do?

mind your own business.
LoneStarFree
Because I want to.
Jerkin_my_durkin
You and your friends must be boring, I'll put on a pancho, fake mustache where a sombrero listren to the band Intocable talk in a fake accent and seep on mi yob just to offend you
Im Gipper
No one "celebrates it". It's marketing gimmick for liquor and beer companies.

Does "ocho" mean the sock number for hedge? Or is this manny?

I'm Gipper
Owlagdad
I am white. We are in Texas. Pendejo is just as easy for me as calling someone an ahole.
Few years ago y'all liberals wanted a blending of the cultures. Now you want separation. Pues que chingas quieres ochita?
YouBet
AG
Ocho Ag said:

drinking tequila or mexican beer is fine, its when anglo americans dress up in sombreros, fake mustaches, serape and other stereotypes its insulting. you do that in my neighborhood and you get shot

I've never seen white people dress up for cinco de mayo, but WGAS if they do. It's a fake holiday that white people and marketing departments in Texas dreamed up anyway.

So its basically a white holiday in that regard. Have fun with it.
Eliminatus
AG
Hedge threads
C@LAg
Jerkin_my_durkin said:

You and your friends must be boring,
"friends"
jetch17
AG
Mexican hedge threads.
TyHolden
AG
Mexicans and the Irish are my favorite drunks. We need a drinking holiday in April to keep the buzz going.
PigInABlanket
AG
The general that led the Mexican army was born outside of Goliad, ergo, it's a celebration of a fellow Texan.

/eot, hedge.
DrEvazanPhD
jetch17 said:

Mexican hedge threads.

La cobertura.
TyHolden
AG
PigInABlanket said:

The general that led the Mexican army was born outside of Goliad, ergo, it's a celebration of a fellow Texan.

/eot, hedge.
what was his name?
PigInABlanket
AG
Zaragoza
C@LAg
TyHolden said:

PigInABlanket said:

/eot, hedge.
what was his name?
Ignacio Zaragoza
fightingfarmer09
Ocho Ag said:

drinking tequila or mexican beer is fine, its when anglo americans dress up in sombreros, fake mustaches, serape and other stereotypes its insulting. you do that in my neighborhood and you get shot

Justin2010
AG
Ocho Ag said:

Credible Source
AG
I celebrate because I hate the French
Justin2010
AG
fightingfarmer09 said:

Ocho Ag said:

Beat me to it

Glad OP can be offended for everyone that's not. Let me guess, OchoAg prefers Latinx too
Damon
OdessaAg
AG
Ocho Ag said:

Hispanic guy here….don't give a flying eff if gringos want to wear serapes, sombreros, or wear mustaches. Hell, men dress and pretend to be women, and those people are celebrated.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Ocho Ag said:

Haha hedge calls people Anglo-Americans
BTHOB-98
How dare you assume my ethnicity!! My great, great, great, great great Grandfather was Gonzalo Gonzalez so maybe I am partially Hispanic. All I know if my family was here before yours when we settlers in Tejas back in 1825ish. Plus I get drunk every day so there's that.
Jock 07
AG
I bet OP is a blast to party with.
DrEvazanPhD
Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

Ocho Ag said:

Haha hedge calls people Anglo-Americans

Right?
Seems racist and Anglo-centric. What aboht germano-Americans? Czech-Americans? Latvian-Americans?
TexasAggiesWin
S
Americans' have increasingly become offended about everything. When in doubt - scream racist/offensive/HOW DARE YOU!
C@LAg
Bob Lee
AG
Ocho Ag said:

Doesn't sound like a very nice neighborhood.
DrEvazanPhD
Bob Lee said:

Ocho Ag said:

Maybe that's why he's still in his parent's basement?
Eliminatus
AG
DrEvazanPhD said:

Bob Lee said:

Ocho Ag said:

Maybe that's why he's still in his parent's basement?

Look at hedge trying to get street cred by lying about living in the barrio.

Hedge, a hint from someone who actually grew up in one. It is not something to be proud of. At all.
LegalDrugPusher
chilimuybueno said:

Why not? Just about everyone celebrates St. Patrick's Day, even if not Irish.

I always find it ironic when I know of an atheist who celebrates St Patrick's Day
Daddy
AG

zephyr88
AG
Back in the day, my fraternity had a party called S.O.B. (South of the Border). We dressed up in sombreros and serapes and got ****-faced on rot-gut tequila. It was fun and caused absolutely no harm (except to our livers). Pretty sure the cancel crowd would have a vaca over this now.
C@LAg
Daddy said:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.