Crowder going through Big D

21,532 Views | 297 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by rocky the dog
aggie93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Four Seasons Landscaping said:

The tribalism of you guys trying to defend this schmuck is pretty impressive.
People are on both sides of this and back and forth. Why? We don't really know what is going on in their marriage, all we have are these snippets. People are going to make judgements based on those snippets and try to think about what they would do based on their life and experiences.

I'm coming up on 28 years of marriage and my wife and I were together for 4 before that. Marriage is really freaking complicated. With pregnancy and kids it gets far more complicated. The only thing I can tell for certain out of all of this is I really wish I didn't know and airing this kind of stuff publicly is flat out heartbreaking. Not because of either of them btw but because of their kids. It's going to be hard enough for these kids to grow up with a Dad that is a celebrity and now they are going to grow up seeing this video of their parents fighting and having the public at large make judgements about it. Kids deserve better and it is incredibly selfish of both of these people to do this.

I do think he deserves the primary blame for going public on this first but she didn't need to put out this video either. She could have simply put out a statement. Now their kids get to grow up with this and the genie can't be put back in the bottle. They are both selfish people and I feel sorry for those kids because the thing most apparent to me is that neither of them is putting the needs of their children first. They are caught up in the moment of this and have made a huge mistake that can't be undone.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Ags4DaWin
Great post.
CDUB98
AG

The tribalism of you guys trying to defend this schmuck is pretty impressive.
I've only seen one poster that I would characterize as defending.

The others are mountains of sarcasm that is flying over heads.
Four Seasons Landscaping

Quote:

I do think he deserves the primary blame for going public on this first but she didn't need to put out this video either. She could have simply put out a statement

Those are good points, but it should be added that Crowder lost any moral ground to expect somebody he should be able to trust not to share private recordings a few months ago.

Quote:

I've only seen one poster that I would characterize as defending.

That's fair. I allowed the context of several tweets to bleed over into how I saw some stuff here.

LMCane
my only quibble is that you state "having a famous father"

I doubt based on the past year

that Steven Crowder is going to be all that famous by the time his kids are able to be shown this video by fellow students.
@TyWebb
barbacoa taco said:

Wrec86 Ag said:

I seriously can't believe that there's a well educated Aggie (presumably) that truly believes that women shouldn't be allowed to vote and only men should be allowed to lead.

Just embarrassing and it serves as a reminder that some on the far right ARE actually as nuts as those on the far left.
Yeah I think this is a sign it's time for me to step away for a bit. I like engaging with people from the other side but this stuff is plain bat**** crazy and it's utterly insane there are multiple posters who share these archaic views. I can at least understand most opposing views but these I just can't wrap my head around. I hate that I share an alma mater with these people.

Whatever, society will move on with or without them.

Literally can't handle an opposing viewpoint that: 1) is how the majority of the world views the issue; and 2) is how the world has operated for 99.9% of its existence. There's a word for that.

Yeah….TOTALLY CRAZY.

Read The Bible. Women aren't called to lead; men are. That doesn't make them less valuable or lesser. Assuming the way now is superior to a way before simply because it's the way you know is incredibly narcissistic.
aggie93
AG
LMCane said:

my only quibble is that you state "having a famous father"

I doubt based on the past year

that Steven Crowder is going to be all that famous by the time his kids are able to be shown this video by fellow students.
Hard to say. Crowder is a highly intelligent and talented guy who knows how to create interesting content. Certainly he has done a lot of damage to his image but he will still have a loyal following in all likelihood. While it's not quite the same you can look at Alex Jones as an example. The world now is much harder to truly "cancel" a person, especially when they are already on Rumble.

Even if his Dad fades away this content will be out there forever and people will remember. Kids can't escape who their parents are when they are controversial figures. For their sake though I hope this thing quiets down and they just get this all settled away from the public. Crowder could also really use some time off to get his crap together but that may prove difficult from a business perspective. He's going to have to choose and that's a difficult choice. I just hope he chooses the option that is best for his kids and not himself and the same goes for his soon to be ex wife. Neither of them have much to be proud of out of this and trying to fight to see who was more wrong only hurts the people that matter most and didn't do anything wrong at all.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
BudFox7
There is a contingent of ppl that believe a contract exists with no way out of it for your entire life? There is no time in the history of life that this was ever true.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Sharing that video is an ugly move but perhaps understandable. Crowder didn't just disclose they are going through a divorce. He put out an emotional victimhood plea to his millions of subscribers laying the blame on his wife and lamenting Texas' no-fault system (perfectly fine to criticize it, but in the context, it comes off as saying the divorce is her doing). I'm guessing that video never sees the light of day if he had merely stated that they were going through a divorce.
Stat Monitor Repairman
All the folks on here saying I've been married for XX number of years got to realize that your perspective is biased too. There is no right or wrong here.

Marriage changes a person over time. Like pregnancy brain in a birthing person. Sometimes that pregnancy brain that doesn't go away. People get loopy and stay loopy. You've seen it. We've all seen it. People change. People start to lose perspective on life.

It's like Brooks in Shawshank. He'd been in there so long that he thought he had everything figured out. When he got out, he couldn't handle it because he no longer could identify with the outside world. Marriage is the same way.

So the idea that two people interacting in some way is right or wrong doesn't hold water. People eventually drive other insane after some amount of time. It's all about how long you can hold out and if you still feel like living in an insane manner day-to-day. The key is to save that off as long as possible. Or don't.
Four Seasons Landscaping
Ehhhh, expecting your 8-month pregnant wife to be doing chores because you need to relax on your day off isn't about personal experience or perspective; it's just being an ass.

And it won't matter if he's famous or not. Those twins will eventually know he didn't come to their birth. There's no coming back from something like that.
LMCane
Uh oh

Crowder FAFO with Candice Owens and now she is going to set the record straight

where did the info on him not attending the birth come from?

Four Seasons Landscaping
Quote:

Don't know the primary source, but it's been referenced in multiple locations.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Tucker Carlson
Crowder
Walsh

Tough sledding for commentators past few weeks.
Stat Monitor Repairman

Ehhhh, expecting your 8-month pregnant wife to be doing chores because you need to relax on your day off isn't about personal experience or perspective; it's just being an ass.
All she had to do was get on her phone and order the wood pellets for the grill ,and the stuff to grill and have it delivered.

Everybody knows how frustrating it is when you about to grill and missing some critical ****.

So I'm with Steven here. He's trying to help out b cooking but can't squeeze an ounce of help out of her.
Ags4DaWin
All I read in ur post was birthing person.

WTF
Four Seasons Landscaping
I think the part that we can all agree would have set us off as a husband was how close she was to me while I was obviously smoking a cigar. She should have known that it wasn't healthy for the babies.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Ags4DaWin said:

All I read in ur post was birthing person.

WTF
Singling out a particular gender here is devisive and distracts from the content of the message.
Infection_Ag11
AG
LMCane said:

Uh oh

Not to defend Crowder, but Candice Owens really has no room to talk. She is queen of the grifters. Her interview on Rogan was one of the most embarrassing things I've ever watched. She's a completely fraud.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Sea Speed
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

LMCane said:

Uh oh

Not to defend Crowder, but Candice Owens really has no room to talk. She is queen of the grifters. Her interview on Rogan was one of the most embarrassing things I've ever watched. She's a completely fraud.

This. I wish more people would wake up to this fact but people on this board have literally said they wish she would run for president
hph6203
AG
You're back on track. Veered a bit.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
BudFox7 said:

There is a contingent of ppl that believe a contract exists with no way out of it for your entire life? There is no time in the history of life that this was ever true.
Unbreakable contract? No, but breaking contracts should come with penalties.

Unbreakable vows? Yes, those have existed throughout history.
hph6203
AG
The best thing that could come out of this is if her aggressiveness gets her caught offside during this situation and they both have massive blows to their support/audience. They are my two least favorite people in the conservative media space. Candace did, and probably still does, reign supreme in that category. Crowder is just a garden-variety narcissist trying to protect his own ego. When I watch that video I don't see a person that's enjoying doing what he's doing, just a person that is trying to get exactly what he wants whether it's justified or not, and damn the consequences.

Candace seemingly does what she does just for the thrill of hurting people.

Unfortunately it seems the longer you are in this space the more it rots your soul, because Jordan Peterson has likewise drifted further down that path.
Showertime at the Bidens
P.H. Dexippus said:

BudFox7 said:

Unbreakable contract? No, but breaking contracts should come with penalties.

Unbreakable vows? Yes, those have existed throughout history.

There is no legal solution to a moral problem.

Showertime at the Bidens
He had a heart/chest issue where he scheduled surgery during the birth. from what I heard it was an elective surgery. Idk
Showertime at the Bidens
LMCane said:

Uh oh

Crowder releasing a secret recording of the daily wire is unforgivable. He's definitely FA & FO.
shack009
AG
Zarathustra said:

He had a heart/chest issue where he scheduled surgery during the birth. from what I heard it was an elective surgery. Idk

Candace said it in the video and there were rumors about it at the time that he got the surgery just because he didn't like the look of his chest.

Supposedly it had no impact on his heart or quality of life, other than looking like a weakling.
Showertime at the Bidens

Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
TXAGFAN said:

TheEternalPessimist said:

TXAGFAN said:

The clip i saw of this guy on show talking about his divorce is so incredibly out of touch and speaks to the problematic GOP narrative with women. He genuinely seems disappointed his wife can simply divorce him and he can't make her stay with him.
Of course.... we should just excuse divorce for any reason whatsoever.....

This is your anti-Christian, post-modernist world view. It causes more broken families and hardship on children and society in general.

The only legitimate reasons for divorce are:

1. Physical Abuse or Sexual Assault within the home
2 Adultery
3. Extreme emotional abuse
4. Abandonment

And here is a 5th reason just for you:

5. If a person is in a homosexual mirage and no longer wants to be a mirage masquerading as a 'marriage' ... they should be allowed to terminate that contract too.

In ALL cases except #5, the person seeking the divorce and the one who doesn't (if applicable) should require marriage counseling first. It is in the interest of the community and State to preserve marriage whenever possible while minimizing the potential physical, sexual, or emotional harm.

Being 'incompatible' should not be an acceptable reason AND no fault divorce should NOT exist. People who wrongfully leave their spouse should face severe financial consequences.... however.... the general default of simply allowing the mother to take the children should also be done away with.
So thanks for proving my point and this is what I'm talking about to those who said my take was weird.

Women are not property, they deserve their right to vote, they can be married to whoever they want, they should have bodily autonomy, etc. It's 2023.

Yeah…no ****.

Always good to get the opinion from the guy who is single with no kids. Your opinion is greatly valued lol.
hph6203
AG
Probably had some tangential positive impact on health, but it was probably totally unnecessary to be done a month before their kids were born. He probably just thought "What's the harm, I have a month before they're supposed to come. I can get this thing done I've wanted done since I was a kid, take the normal time off we take off during the summer for the surgery and the babies, and be back in time to talk about how Fauci is a **** right on time." Then, like a message, he had complications from the surgery. Complications arose because he decided he was Billy Badass and went and worked out after having what amounted to something not that different from open heart surgery.

That video is right around a 2.5-month layoff he took for the surgery/kids.
shack009
AG
That's fine, but it makes him crappy for saying how important it is to be a good husband and father when deciding to do the surgery at that time was not husbandly or the move of a good father.
Infection_Ag11
AG
hph6203 said:

The best thing that could come out of this is if her aggressiveness gets her caught offside during this situation and they both have massive blows to their support/audience. They are my two least favorite people in the conservative media space. Candace did, and probably still does, reign supreme in that category. Crowder is just a garden-variety narcissist trying to protect his own ego. When I watch that video I don't see a person that's enjoying doing what he's doing, just a person that is trying to get exactly what he wants whether it's justified or not, and damn the consequences.

Unfortunately it seems the longer you are in this space the more it rots your soul, because Jordan Peterson has likewise drifted further down that path.

Jordan Peterson just has old man "don't give a **** anymore" syndrome, and it's hard to blame him with what he's been out through the last 7-8 years. But he seems to genuinely believe in what he says and does.

Candice Owens just woke up one day and realized she could make a ton of money by being a token black chick for the right. If you read/listen to anything she did before about 2016 she clearly doesn't believe most of what she is now saying. And she's just not very bright to begin with.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
shack009
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

hph6203 said:

Jordan Peterson just has old man "don't give a **** anymore" syndrome, and it's hard to blame him with what he's been out through the last 7-8 years. But he seems to genuinely believe in what he says and does.

Candice Owens just woke up one day and realized she could make a ton of money by being a token black chick for the right. If you read/listen to anything she did before about 2016 she clearly doesn't believe most of what she is now saying. And she's just not very bright to begin with.

Yeah I've never heard her say anything uniquely insightful. She's made a good bit out of making white people think she's smart because she's black and criticizes black people.

The conservative movement would be much better off if people stopped listening to her and Crowder.
Athanasius
AG
Man, Crowder and his family need prayers in a major way.
hph6203
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.