Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

443,896 Views | 3744 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by aggiedata
NASAg03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
American Hardwood said:

Bud should have put Mulvaney on a NA beer can. Being a male without the best parts of being a male is like drinking a beer without the best parts of being a beer.
That's pretty awesome. They should have Bud Light NA with Muvaney on the can.

"Looks real on the outside, but missing what you really want behind the label. Just like meeeeee!"

Even better if the cans were fake as well.

EDIT to say that I refuse to drink Bud Zero.
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
Stat Monitor Repairman
Whoever gets subbed in for Biden, we gonna see Taylor Swift come out in full support. They been laying the groundwork on this for a while.

Reason I say this is there's a clip circulating online of her fighting back against staff and people advising her to remain non-political and stay out of the fray. Somebody has seen this and knows what I'm talking about.

In any event, now we got the intersection of Bud light, Taylor Swift, the NFL, and Pfizer.
ProgN
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12651677/Bud-Light-scholarship-culture-wars-Dylan-Mulvaney.html
Quote:

Bud Light has announced a $3 million scholarship project for families of America's fallen or disabled first responders - potentially as part of an effort to distance itself from culture wars after the Dylan Mulvaney partnership fiasco.

The beleaguered beer brand's parent company, Anheuser-Busch, is providing the funds for affected spouses and children alongside Folds of Honor, its longest-standing charity partner of over 100 years.

It comes after the popularity of the beer plummeted and sales dropped 30 percent when conservative consumers boycotted the drink over its partnership with 26-year-old transgender influencer Mulvaney in April.

The beer giant's PR disaster went from bad to worse when it swiftly broke off the contract with Mulvaney, and former Bud Light employees accused leaders of 'cowardice' for failing to support the influencer.

Quote:

Brendan Whitworth, the CEO of Anheuser-Busch, said the brand 'stands firm' with veterans and responders.

'Anheuser-Busch is incredibly proud to be a founding partner of Folds of Honor, as we continue our 13-year mission to make a powerful impact on the lives of the families of military veterans and first responders,' he said in a statement.
GFY Whitworth, it's too late. How does that high ESG score feel now you tool?

Quote:

Bud Light's historic decline came after it partnered with transgender influencer Mulvaney for a marketing campaign.

In the controversial promotion, Mulvaney, 26, posted a video on April 1 of herself cracking open a Bud Light on her Instagram page.

She showed off the customized can with her face on it - one of many corporate freebies she gets and promotes to her millions of followers.
Whitworth is feeling the heat and I hope the fire intensifies.
TX_COWDOC
AG
I missed this thread.
www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
flakrat
AG
https://nypost.com/2023/10/19/anheuser-busch-dangles-150m-in-incentives-to-beer-distributors/amp/

Anheuser-Busch is dangling big incentives to distributors to keep its beers on store shelves following Bud Light's disastrous tie-up with Dylan Mulvaney even as retailers begin reassigning the space they allocate to popular beers, according to reports.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
How has BL been moving during football season? Seems like I notice a little more around than I did but still not much
"Trust me, I'm a scientist"

"A liberal with a pen is a true weapon of mass destruction"
The Fife
G. hirsutum Ag said:

How has BL been moving during football season? Seems like I notice a little more around than I did but still not much
I still have yet to see anybody with one for months now, except or one guy I know who's way out on the left.
AggieMD95
AG
ProgN said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12651677/Bud-Light-scholarship-culture-wars-Dylan-Mulvaney.html
Quote:

Bud Light has announced a $3 million scholarship project for families of America's fallen or disabled first responders - potentially as part of an effort to distance itself from culture wars after the Dylan Mulvaney partnership fiasco.

The beleaguered beer brand's parent company, Anheuser-Busch, is providing the funds for affected spouses and children alongside Folds of Honor, its longest-standing charity partner of over 100 years.

It comes after the popularity of the beer plummeted and sales dropped 30 percent when conservative consumers boycotted the drink over its partnership with 26-year-old transgender influencer Mulvaney in April.

The beer giant's PR disaster went from bad to worse when it swiftly broke off the contract with Mulvaney, and former Bud Light employees accused leaders of 'cowardice' for failing to support the influencer.

Quote:

Brendan Whitworth, the CEO of Anheuser-Busch, said the brand 'stands firm' with veterans and responders.

'Anheuser-Busch is incredibly proud to be a founding partner of Folds of Honor, as we continue our 13-year mission to make a powerful impact on the lives of the families of military veterans and first responders,' he said in a statement.
GFY Whitworth, it's too late. How does that high ESG score feel now you tool?

Quote:

Bud Light's historic decline came after it partnered with transgender influencer Mulvaney for a marketing campaign.

In the controversial promotion, Mulvaney, 26, posted a video on April 1 of herself cracking open a Bud Light on her Instagram page.

She showed off the customized can with her face on it - one of many corporate freebies she gets and promotes to her millions of followers.
Whitworth is feeling the heat and I hope the fire intensifies.

As opposed to all the other beers which stand against veterans and first responders? Lol
techno-ag
AG
They're sponsoring the Texas Renaissance Festival.

Huzzah.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
nortex97
AG
Makes sense. Bunch of gay hippies playing dress up and smelling bad.
Owlagdad
nortex97 said:

Makes sense. Bunch of gay hippies playing dress up and smelling bad.
And causing traffic problems.
The Fife
Today I learned that LARPing and Bud Light go great together!
ProgN
The Fife said:

Tailgate88
AG
techno-ag said:

Huzzah.
Sounds like "Kings Brew" is now "Queen's Brew", amirite?

They've been sponsoring RenFest for many years. The real question is, how much Bud Light will be purchased compared to past years at RenFest? I bet sales are down quite a bit. There are MANY other options available throughout the festival .
javajaws
AG
UFC going with...Bud Light?!?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ufc-announces-bud-light-official-beer-partnership-anheuser-busch

And right after they sponsored another LGBTQ event?!?

Yeah, let's see how that works out for them.
Get Off My Lawn
javajaws said:

UFC going with...Bud Light?!?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ufc-announces-bud-light-official-beer-partnership-anheuser-busch

And right after they sponsored another LGBTQ event?!?

Yeah, let's see how that works out for them.
* Biological male breaks woman's orbital socket * "This fight brought to you by Bud Lite!"
Daddy-O5
AG
No downside for UFC. They aren't taking a hit over this, and probably take in a boatload of cash.

Probably one of the best moves AB can make to try and revive the brand. Not sure it will work, but where better than the UFC to blow a boatload of marketing cash to try?
Tramp96
**** UFC and **** Bud light.
1872walker
Bud Lite just realized they didn't think things through regarding their new endorsement. Apparently this guy is a big deal in UFC

(Language warning)

techno-ag
AG
Women are born not made?

Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Anonymous Source
S
Tailgate88 said:

techno-ag said:

Huzzah.
Sounds like "Kings Brew" is now "Queen's Brew", amirite?

They've been sponsoring RenFest for many years. The real question is, how much Bud Light will be purchased compared to past years at RenFest? I bet sales are down quite a bit. There are MANY other options available throughout the festival .
Oh no! Losing the dork market!!!!
Gig 'Em
Stat Monitor Repairman

Thoughts and prayers for the people of Canada as they struggle to reconcile their outrage over the 'pretendian' which is neither Canadian nor indigenous.
CheeseSndwch
The Fife said:

I learned about Pixyteri (infamous internet celebrity out of Victoria, TX) from TexAgs and she recently announced that she's trans and into larping. I'm sure it's just a coincidence.
NASAg03
https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/bud-light-parent-anheuser-busch-inbev-sales-tumble-further-us

Numbers for InBev (not just Bud Light):

• 13.5% decline in revenue in US in Q3
  • 17.1% decline sales volume in NA market in Q3
  • 3.4% decline in global sales volume
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
Stat Monitor Repairman
EskimoJoe
That is an old commercial that aired before bud lite made the transition from shidty beer to shidty woke beer.
El Gallo Blanco
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Lol at Bud light pandering to mid-America with new Super Bowl ad starring real life husband-and-wife actors dancing to telephone hold music.
HOLY SH**...TWO HETEROSEXUAL WHITES IN ONE COMMERCIAL? DAFUUUUUUUUQ IS GOING ON???
Stat Monitor Repairman
You right that's the 2023 ad. I guess their 2024 plan is to pay Messi to push Mic Ultra and introduce a 'new brand character'
ImSoDumb
TRM
AG
Quite the volume change.
Get Off My Lawn
About as good as most of us could hope for. Not the penultimate win (Bud Light ending as a brand) but still a very strong shot across the bow of corporate activism.
BlueTaze
This Bud Light marketing stunt is nothing compared to the toxic DEI training going on everyday in the rest of corporate America.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Let's not forget it overstate what really happened. This was a moron VP spending low budget small numbers on social media influencers.

Say they give a SM person $10k. That person produces the content and then distributes it on their chosen network of platforms. Companies would easily spend 5x that booking actors, writers, videographers, stage/set time, production, etc then still have to buy air time with a network or cable company.

But but but... This one was VERY poorly thought through, went viral (let's face it very few knew who Dylan Mulvaney was at the time) and it sank their leading domestic brand by 30%! AND it took other brands/products with it.

For conservatives to not call that a win against Woke is foolish. As stated pages and pages ago, this WILL unfortunately change the way marketing and partnering with freelance SM influencers is handled and it will certainly be a case study in business schools in years to come.
StandUpforAmerica
Hopefully in that case study they highlight how AB could have fixed it with a real apology and a removal of the employee who made the horrible decision.
I'm voting for DeSantis in the primary, but will happily vote for Trump in the general election if he wins the primary.
Logos Stick
So AB spent a lot of money on new commercials that did nothing to change market share.

Good.
First Page
Page 106 of 107

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.