Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

444,055 Views | 3744 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by aggiedata
Texas velvet maestro
How long do you want to ignore this user?
awww
I was just sure there were enough trans, queers and women with masters degrees and Bill Gates investment money to keep the brand afloat.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Texas velvet maestro said:

awww
I was just sure there were enough trans, queers and women with masters degrees and Bill Gates investment money to keep the brand afloat.

I forgot about that. Has that poster deactivated yet?
“Not gonna lie...its a little disconcerting to have our minister of positivity be PlaneCrashGuy but Im in"
fka ftc
PlaneCrashGuy said:

You're 1 of my fav posters but I've had that beer before and it is awful!

Damn. Well, in my defense I drink whiskey and diet soda almost exclusively so I am not in the market for beer regardless.

Found it interesting they were pushing a "Mexican" beer considering Modelo replaced Bud Light as the most popular in the US. Not that Modelo was on my list of desirable potent potables.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Anybody try that Guinness zero?

Can't see how this would be a profitable.
Counterpoint
AG
fka ftc said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

You're 1 of my fav posters but I've had that beer before and it is awful!

Damn. Well, in my defense I drink whiskey and diet soda almost exclusively so I am not in the market for beer regardless.

Found it interesting they were pushing a "Mexican" beer considering Modelo replaced Bud Light as the most popular in the US. Not that Modelo was on my list of desirable potent potables.

Also in your defense, you only called it "not terrible." That's not exactly a ringing endorsement!
cuz-i-can
AG
It's not bad...it has that thing that fizzles inside on their regular guinness when you pop the top...fairly close with the same texture/heaviness and taste...
Stat Monitor Repairman
Shoefly! said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Weren't they planning on re-booting the brand through a NFL/CFB ad blitz? Interested to see how that works out for them.
Did you watch any of the Chiefs game last night? AB tripled down on advertisements.
Yeah it looks like their plan is to try and advertise their way out.

I think the damage is done though. They might be throwing good money after bad.
fka ftc

Shoefly! said:

Weren't they planning on re-booting the brand through a NFL/CFB ad blitz? Interested to see how that works out for them.
Did you watch any of the Chiefs game last night? AB tripled down on advertisements.
Yeah it looks like their plan is to try and advertise their way out.

I think the damage is done though. They might be throwing good money after bad.
Think advertising and brand manipulation a la Estrella, New Coke, AirTran, etc.
American Hardwood
AG
AB advertises on two billboards on my work drive that advertised BL. After the BL thing got in full swing, both billboards were replaced with Estrella ads. Recently, one of those went back to BL.

Won't matter to me. I'm a craft beer snob and know the InBev brands. I didn't drink many of them to begin with, but I'm done with all of them now.
NASAg03

It's pretty good. I started drinking more NA beers due to health issues, and I really like Guinness Zero. I'm more of a fan of Coors Edge. Athletic brewing is pretty good, love the Partake Peach Gose and locally we have Tommyknocker Blood Orange IPA NA.

Black Widow has a White Widow NA cider which is incredible and really healthy.

NA beers are one of the fast growing on the market. Takes a little getting used to, but it's nice to have the beer flavor and experience with none of the negatives.
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
flakrat
AG
NASAg03 said:

It's pretty good. I started drinking more NA beers due to health issues, and I really like Guinness Zero. I'm more of a fan of Coors Edge. Athletic brewing is pretty good, love the Partake Peach Gose and locally we have Tommyknocker Blood Orange IPA NA.

NA beers are one of the fast growing on the market. Takes a little getting used to, but it's nice to have the beer flavor and experience with none of the negatives.
Are they cheeper than their alcohol equivalents? You'd think, at least, sin taxes would not apply?
93MarineHorn
Quote:

Drinking NA beers is like drinking de-caf coffee, what's the point?
CDUB98
AG
I don't know how y'all drink NA beers. I've tried several and, to me, they all taste like sour bread. Terrible.
nortex97
AG

LOL, is that basically carbonated brown sugar water without any alcohol?
Hungry Ojos
NASAg03 said:

It's not the alcohol in beer that bothers me, it's the bloated, full feeling that I can't stand.
fka ftc
nortex97 said:

Its like sugar free candy. All the bad, none of the good.
NASAg03
flakrat said:

NASAg03 said:

Are they cheeper than their alcohol equivalents? You'd think, at least, sin taxes would not apply?
Not sure about sin taxes, but they aren't cheaper due to the process. Quality NA beers fully brew quality beers and then remove most alcohol. The alcohol can be captured, but the extra step adds a cost. I think that's offset by no sin tax, so the price is about the same.

A sixer for Coors Edge is $7.50 here in CO.
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
NASAg03
93MarineHorn said:

Quote:

Not sure about de-caf coffee since caffeine doesn't affect me, so I drink fully caffeinated.

But regarding beers, some people struggle with acoholism (me), and the best way for me to avoid temptation of drinking too much is to mix in a lot of NA options. I really to enjoy the taste of beer, and the carbonation, so this is a great compromise. They are fully brewed beers with alcohol removed, so they have all the health benefits and none of the drawbacks.

I can drink a bunch on a Saturday watching football and working on my car, and then drive around safely and not feel like crap that evening or the next day.

It's changed my life and I'm much happier now.
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
NASAg03
nortex97 said:

The good NA beers are fully brewed and fermented, and then the alcohol is removed.

That does change taste and texture, but for the most part, they taste the same. And after downing a few and comparing to when I drink regular beer at 5%, I do feel much better from a health standpoint.

My alcohol consumption had steadily grown to probably 20 drinks a week, which is very unhealthy. It was causing a lot of stress, anxiety, mood swings, and anger issues particularly on weekends. On my 42nd birthday, after almost destroying the best relationship I've ever had, and reflecting on the past 21 years of drinking, I decided to make some major changes and limit to 1 alcoholic drink a day.

I'm happier than I've ever been in life, and no longer desire the buzz from alcohol.
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
nortex97
AG
I'm just joking around, good for you.

Guinness always struck me as…well, carbonated syrup. I know, heresy to some.
fka ftc
NASAg03 said:

93MarineHorn said:

Quote:

Not sure about de-caf coffee since caffeine doesn't affect me, so I drink fully caffeinated.

But regarding beers, some people struggle with acoholism (me), and the best way for me to avoid temptation of drinking too much is to mix in a lot of NA options. I really to enjoy the taste of beer, and the carbonation, so this is a great compromise. They are fully brewed beers with alcohol removed, so they have all the health benefits and none of the drawbacks.

I can drink a bunch on a Saturday watching football and working on my car, and then drive around safely and not feel like crap that evening or the next day.

It's changed my life and I'm much happier now.
You sure it doesn't affect you? I drink coffee and I am not wired with it and not groggy without it, but it will make me **** in 30 minutes like clockwork!

I too have struggled with alcohol. I think whiskey and diet soda and I now mainly just drink diet soda so I guess I get the "taste" factor.

Really just responding to your caffeine comment and to encourage you on your path to avoid the ill effects of consuming too much ETOH.
Sea Speed
AG
NASAg03 said:

I used to pound beers and whenever I open an NA I almost always forget to finish them.
Bondag
AG
NASAg03 said:

flakrat said:

NASAg03 said:

Not sure about sin taxes, but they aren't cheaper due to the process. Quality NA beers fully brew quality beers and then remove most alcohol. The alcohol can be captured, but the extra step adds a cost. I think that's offset by no sin tax, so the price is about the same.

A sixer for Coors Edge is $7.50 here in CO.
Is there a place that I can buy that alcohol and added to mine? Like when my wife orders egg whites at a restaurant and I tell them to cook the yolks for me.

ProgN
nortex97 said:

BigRobSA
NASAg03 said:

nortex97 said:

The good NA beers are fully brewed and fermented, and then the alcohol is removed.

That does change taste and texture, but for the most part, they taste the same. And after downing a few and comparing to when I drink regular beer at 5%, I do feel much better from a health standpoint.

My alcohol consumption had steadily grown to probably 20 drinks a week, which is very unhealthy. It was causing a lot of stress, anxiety, mood swings, and anger issues particularly on weekends. On my 42nd birthday, after almost destroying the best relationship I've ever had, and reflecting on the past 21 years of drinking, I decided to make some major changes and limit to 1 alcoholic drink a day.

I'm happier than I've ever been in life, and no longer desire the buzz from alcohol.

Nobody likes a quitter!!!!1

American Hardwood
AG
Bud should have put Mulvaney on a NA beer can. Being a male without the best parts of being a male is like drinking a beer without the best parts of being a beer.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Travis Kelce with that Bud light commercial, Pfizer vaccine commercial and gettin' after Taylor swift.

Dude going all in baby!
Love Gun

Travis Kelce with that Bud light commercial, Pfizer vaccine commercial and gettin' after Taylor swift.

Dude going all in baby!

He's an idiot. He better not let the woke go to his brain too quickly. He's on my fantasy team this year!
**** Joe Biden
Bondag
AG

Dude going all in baby!
I find it easy to believe that the NFL would pay Taylor to show up at a few games ahead of her movie to try to increase overall interest and that Bud Light and Pfizer supplemented it.
TresPuertas
AG
Bondag said:

Dude going all in baby!
I find it easy to believe that the NFL would pay Taylor to show up at a few games ahead of her movie to try to increase overall interest and that Bud Light and Pfizer supplemented it.

anyone thinking this isnt one giant collaboration between the League, Swift, and All the sponsors are as blind as ray charles and stevie wonder combined…
Bondag
AG
TresPuertas said:

Bondag said:

Dude going all in baby!

anyone thinking this isnt one giant collaboration between the League, Swift, and All the sponsors are as blind as ray charles and stevie wonder combined…
Stat Monitor Repairman
Bondag said:

Dude going all in baby!
How famous is Taylor Swift and how valuable a brand is Taylor Swift?

She got legions of fans across a massive demographic. She probably the most famous brand / entity in America.

The greatest trick Taylor Swift ever pulled was the narraitive that she was somehow being victimized by the record industry. Seems like she prints money at will and may be the most powerful entertainer in the world.

Whoever pointed out above was right. We about to see her come out and go full tilt for all things democrat party. It's 2023 and apparently Taylor Swift and Donald Trump are the most famous people in the world, and we about to see them going head to head, full tilt.

Icing on the cake is she magically gets involved with a dude pushing the vax and bud light, at the same time.

Lol, what a time to be alive baby!
agent-maroon
AG
TresPuertas said:

Bondag said:

Dude going all in baby!

You have to be the most cynical poster on TexAgs. This is a couple that's CLEARLY in love. It's not always about the money.

/s
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Buck Turgidson
It would bring me great joy to see Taylor Swift pull a Dixie Chicks move and tank her career. Unfortunately I think she is too smart and too popular to go under from just one torpedo.
Chef Elko
AG
Buck Turgidson said:

It would bring me great joy to see Taylor Swift pull a Dixie Chicks move and tank her career. Unfortunately I think she is too smart and too popular to go under from just one torpedo.
Kids are woke and don't care
First Page Last Page
Page 105 of 107

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.