Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

446,268 Views | 3744 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by aggiedata
CrystalLakeAgbu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TefIon Don said:

CanyonLakeAgbu said:

CSTXAg92 said:

Blue Moon with a orange wedge is a great drink!

Is this popular anywhere other than the metroplex?

Dallas obsession noted.
Obsession? When I asked the question, the replies were Como, San Francisco and very few other places. Blue moon seems to be the Luke Bryan of beers.

I find it funny that there are always things that you can count on about Dallas. The rangers are always going to stumble before the season ends, the cowboys fans are always looking to fight if you poke fun at the team and Blue moon is a much more popular beer choice there than anywhere else in Tx.
TheTruthsLastHope
Fat Black Swan said:

Who would have thought?

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/bud-light-suffers-bloodbath-longtime-loyal-consumers-revolt-transgender-campaign

Quote:

Bud Light suffered a bloodbath this past weekend.

Consumers nationwide revolted against the nation's top-selling beer brand after it stepped "recklessly" into the culture wars last week with its new spokesperson, transgender TikTok star Dylan Mulvaney, according to bar owners and beer-industry experts around the country.

But even Fitter's bar witnessed a catastrophic decrease in sales of the hometown suds among loyal and local consumers this week.

Sales of Anheuser-Busch bottled products dropped 30% over the past week, while draught beer plummeted 50%, the owner said.

Similar stories are found around the country.

Bud Light normally outsells rival products Miller Lite and Coors Light 25 to 1 at Braintree Brewhouse in Massachusetts, a sprawling sports bar just outside Boston.

Not this week.

Eighty percent of Bud Light drinkers ordered something else this week, Brewhouse owner Alex Kesaris said while the 20% who did order Bud Light "weren't on social media and hadn't heard yet" about its new transgender pitch person.

"They didn't order it again," he said, after other patrons told them about the Bud Light marketing misfire.

One pub in Hell's Kitchen, a New York City neighborhood known for its large and vocal gay community, reported that Bud Light draft sales dropped 58% this week, while Bud Light bottle sales were down 70%.

He cited a nightmare scenario for Bud Light sales reps in Texas, where the brand has for years has sponsored a large weekly dart league with 100-plus players each Thursday night.

The bar typically sells though three kegs of Bud Light at the event a total of 495 12-ounce pours.

The bar sold only four 12-ounce Bud Light bottles this week, as the dart players held a mass protest against their league sponsor.

"They've already done enough damage in one week to disrupt year-long sales projections," a beer-sales representative who works with national beer retailers such as Costco told FOX Business. "You don't just make up those sales. People aren't going to drink twice as much Bud Light the following weekend to recover the lost business." For a brand as large as Bud Light, the public relations calamity already represents millions of lost dollars even if the consumer revolt ended tomorrow.

Go woke, go broke strikes again as Bill Gates dumps $100 million into Bud Light. The suffering bud light will have for their decisions will haunt them for years to come.
CDUB98
AG
TheTruthsLastHope said:

Fat Black Swan said:

Who would have thought?

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/bud-light-suffers-bloodbath-longtime-loyal-consumers-revolt-transgender-campaign

Quote:

Consumers nationwide revolted against the nation's top-selling beer brand after it stepped "recklessly" into the culture wars last week with its new spokesperson, transgender TikTok star Dylan Mulvaney, according to bar owners and beer-industry experts around the country.

But even Fitter's bar witnessed a catastrophic decrease in sales of the hometown suds among loyal and local consumers this week.

Sales of Anheuser-Busch bottled products dropped 30% over the past week, while draught beer plummeted 50%, the owner said.

Bud Light normally outsells rival products Miller Lite and Coors Light 25 to 1 at Braintree Brewhouse in Massachusetts, a sprawling sports bar just outside Boston.

Not this week.

Eighty percent of Bud Light drinkers ordered something else this week, Brewhouse owner Alex Kesaris said while the 20% who did order Bud Light "weren't on social media and hadn't heard yet" about its new transgender pitch person.

"They didn't order it again," he said, after other patrons told them about the Bud Light marketing misfire.

One pub in Hell's Kitchen, a New York City neighborhood known for its large and vocal gay community, reported that Bud Light draft sales dropped 58% this week, while Bud Light bottle sales were down 70%.

He cited a nightmare scenario for Bud Light sales reps in Texas, where the brand has for years has sponsored a large weekly dart league with 100-plus players each Thursday night.

The bar typically sells though three kegs of Bud Light at the event a total of 495 12-ounce pours.

The bar sold only four 12-ounce Bud Light bottles this week, as the dart players held a mass protest against their league sponsor.

"They've already done enough damage in one week to disrupt year-long sales projections," a beer-sales representative who works with national beer retailers such as Costco told FOX Business. "You don't just make up those sales. People aren't going to drink twice as much Bud Light the following weekend to recover the lost business." For a brand as large as Bud Light, the public relations calamity already represents millions of lost dollars even if the consumer revolt ended tomorrow.

Go woke, go broke strikes again as Bill Gates dumps $100 million into Bud Light. The suffering bud light will have for their decisions will haunt them for years to come.

Thank you, once again, for demonstrating that progressives don't understand economics.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Quote:

Some kind of angle here but we not smart enough to have figured it out yet.

Dude invests in big pharma right before pandemic, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe when shtf AB gets the exclusive government contract for distribution of soma spritzers.
CDUB98
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Quote:

Some kind of angle here but we not smart enough to have figured it out yet.

Dude invests in big pharma right before pandemic, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe when shtf AB gets the exclusive government contract for distribution of soma spritzers.

I agree with your thought. It's worth watching what happens in the future. As Jessie Kelly puts it, the system protects its own.

Apart from that, there's not really any economic justification for the purchase.
Txhuntr
AG
Really want to see the BL numbers after this weekend. The average NFL fan is their market (used to be anyways). If they're down 20% or more this weekend, that brand is toast!
Antoninus
Bud stock took a huge hit since this controversy got started. Gates (a seasoned investor) seems to think that the stock bottomed-out, which is always a good point to buy.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Weren't they planning on re-booting the brand through a NFL/CFB ad blitz? Interested to see how that works out for them.
Shoefly!
AG

Weren't they planning on re-booting the brand through a NFL/CFB ad blitz? Interested to see how that works out for them.

Did you watch any of the Chiefs game last night? AB tripled down on advertisements.
captkirk
AG
BCG Disciple said:

Bud light making the smart marketing moves by targeting the right market.

Still pandering to LGBTQ+ I see.
Antoninus
Kenneth_2003 said:

CanyonLakeAgbu said:

CSTXAg92 said:

It's literally the way the brewer markets the beer.
Hoegaarden. (a style of wheat beer) is USUALLY served with an Orange Slice. Not unique to Blue Moon.
TheTruthsLastHope
CDUB98 said:

TheTruthsLastHope said:

Fat Black Swan said:

Who would have thought?

Quote:

Not this week.

Thank you, once again, for demonstrating that progressives don't understand economics.

If you don't understand why not try and gain a better understanding?
GinMan
AG
captkirk said:

BCG Disciple said:

Bud light making the smart marketing moves by targeting the right market.

Still pandering to LGBTQ+ I see.
FIFY

agz win
AG
Shoefly! said:

Did you watch any of the Chiefs game last night? AB tripled down on advertisements.
Yes, game was awesome. I flip channels or fast forward through the commercials, though.
Shoefly!
AG
I have to agree, damn good game! I also changed channel's during ad', they're unwatchable.
CDUB98
AG
TheTruthsLastHope said:

CDUB98 said:

TheTruthsLastHope said:

Fat Black Swan said:

Who would have thought?

Quote:

Not this week.

If you don't understand why not try and gain a better understanding?

Bless your [censored] heart.
Tanya 93
We had to exchange Bud Light bottles that expired.

Will be interesting to see what happens next weekend because Mizzou is hosting Kstate in football. 11 am game.

See if people order Bud Light after the sold out game.
TX_COWDOC
AG
Tanya- can you collect some twist off bottle caps for fish spurs for some fish ('27) I know?
www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
Tanya 93
TX_COWDOC said:

Tanya- can you collect some twist off bottle caps for fish spurs for some fish ('27) I know?

Sure

Do they need to be beer tops? We also sell Mike's Hard Lemonades and Jarritos.
TX_COWDOC
AG
Awesome!! A good variety of brews would be fun. Clearly…..no Bud Light caps! I'll PM you my contact info.
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
Tanya 93
TX_COWDOC said:

Awesome!! A good variety of brews would be fun. Clearly…..no Bud Light caps! I'll PM you my contact info.

I don't think Bud Light will be an issue. Mostly Corona or Dos Equis for beeritas. Plus Mexican Sodas.
Seamaster
AG
United Club in Nola.

Blacked out drink on the top….clearly reads "Bud Light" in person.

I wonder why they stopped offering Bud Light?
homebuildingag
AG
TX_COWDOC said:

Do they not still collect they're own, or for the non drinkers at least borrow from bottlecap alley?
TX_COWDOC
AG
Last time we walked bottle cap alley, they were all old and degraded. I'm sure they will collect some on their own.
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
beanbean
Antoninus said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

CanyonLakeAgbu said:

CSTXAg92 said:

It's literally the way the brewer markets the beer.
Hoegaarden. (a style of wheat beer) is USUALLY served with an Orange Slice. Not unique to Blue Moon.
I'm on my 3rd Hoegaarden this evening. One of my favs.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Shoefly! said:

Saw it at "Walkons" at Kuykendahl and GP. I sat at the bar and never once saw the BL tap pulled. But dang it was nice watching my bartender reach into the cooler for fresh mugs.
homebuildingag
Tanya 93
TX_COWDOC said:

Last time we walked bottle cap alley, they were all old and degraded. I'm sure they will collect some on their own.

I will set a box in the bar area and collect as many as I can.

When will they need them?
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Hopefully never! 15-0 BABY!
“Not gonna lie...its a little disconcerting to have our minister of positivity be PlaneCrashGuy but Im in"
Bondag
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Hopefully never! 15-0 BABY!

What does that have to do with fish spurs?
Stat Monitor Repairman
fka ftc
Both Globe Life Field and Minute Maid Park are pushing Estrella Jalisco pretty hard in the stands. I tried it and its not terrible, wife seemed to like it.

Fair warning though, its another A-B product and likely an attempt to address sales issues whether A_B has the exclusive rights like certain sports venues, etc.
AggieChemE09
AG
fka ftc said:

Both Globe Life Field and Minute Maid Park are pushing Estrella Jalisco pretty hard in the stands. I tried it and its not terrible, wife seemed to like it.

Fair warning though, its another A-B product and likely an attempt to address sales issues whether A_B has the exclusive rights like certain sports venues, etc.

I was given a free one at the astros game and couldn't finish it. That beer is awful
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
You're 1 of my fav posters but I've had that beer before and it is awful!
“Not gonna lie...its a little disconcerting to have our minister of positivity be PlaneCrashGuy but Im in"
Fightin_Aggie
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

You're 1 of my fav posters but I've had that beer before and it is awful!
Agree that beer is awful
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
First Page Last Page
Page 104 of 107

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.