Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

455,352 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
1st Generation Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MemphisAg1 said:

I'm on the road and grabbed quick BBQ for dinner. The only beer they had was Bud products.

Drank water instead.
That's their last ditch. Every brewer's c-suite is woke (or at least liberal) and you can't boycott 'em all. What are you supposed to do, stop drinking beer altogether?

Keep up the good work.
AggieMD95
AG
FBL
FJB
LGB
Stat Monitor Repairman
Quote:

What are you supposed to do, stop drinking beer altogether?
aggiedata
AG
Nanomachines son
TexasAggiesWin said:

WTF Peyton Manning

He has zero connections to working class America, why are you surprised. All of his peers are elites, that's all he speaks to now. He's not a working class man despite trying to portray himself as one.
Daddy-O5
AG
Needs to be more. Except no one goes to Kohls anymore except to return their Amazon rejects.
powerbelly
AG
Nanomachines son said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

WTF Peyton Manning

He has zero connections to working class America, why are you surprised. All of his peers are elites, that's all he speaks to now. He's not a working class man despite trying to portray himself as one.

He never was.
aggiedata
AG
Manning isn't woke as much as he is trying to salvage some of his ownership in Budweiser distributors

"He owns a stake of two of the mega-brewer's distributors in his native state of Louisiana"
Nanomachines son
Logos Stick said:

Rydyn said:

Clown World
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/jun/19/bud-light-parent-takes-creative-marketer-year-awar/

They're delusional. I've never seen anything like it.

Everything makes far more sense once you realize that they only care about global finance and do not care at all about their consumers or profit. They are told what to do.

Everything makes a lot more sense when you realize all modern non-owner Executives are puppets.
mosdefn14
AG
MemphisAg1 said:

I'm on the road and grabbed quick BBQ for dinner. The only beer they had was Bud products.

Drank water instead.

Were they out of Big Red?
Chef Elko
AG
Logos Stick said:

Rydyn said:

Clown World
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/jun/19/bud-light-parent-takes-creative-marketer-year-awar/

It's just proof this is an actual war.
Prosperdick
AG
Quote:

Marcel Marcondes ironically made the comments while accepting an award for 'Creative Marketer of the Year' at Cannes Lions - a lavish industry conference in the south of France dubbed the 'Oscars for the adverting industry.'
Quote:

'That's what we're doing, being very humble, and really reminding ourselves of what we should do best every day, which is to really understand our consumers.
Nothing says being very humble like attending a lavish conference in the south of France. What absolute clowns...I wish nothing but the worst for them.
ProgN
Bud Light sales suffers its worst weekly sales drop as it falls by 26.8% | Daily Mail Online
Quote:

Bud Light has suffered its worst weekly sales drop following its disastrous partnership with trans influencer Dylan Mulvaney.

The beer's sales dropped 26.8 percent for the week ending June 10, the worst week-on-week performance since its early April advertising campaign resulted in a swift backlash.

It's a deeper drop from the week ending on June 3, which saw a 24.4 percent drop, according to Bump Williams Consulting and NielsenIQ. The new low beats the previous worst - an almost 26 percent drop - for the week ending May 25.
Quote:

Anheuser-Busch's other US brands - including Budweiser, Michelob Ultra and Natural Light - have also seen a significant decline in sales since the controversy. Bud is down 10 percent, while Natty Light and Michelob are down 2.3 and 2.4 percent, respectively.

aggielostinETX
AG
mosdefn14 said:

MemphisAg1 said:

Drank water instead.

I love some ****ing Big Red with BBQ.
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
Chef Elko
AG
aggielostinETX said:

mosdefn14 said:

MemphisAg1 said:

Drank water instead.

I love some ****ing Big Red with BBQ.
It really is the best combo
Chef Elko
AG
Come on people! Natty or michelob ultras are off limits too!
Tramp96
Danwell Home said:

Well, to be fair, Natty was off limits once I was no longer a poor college student.

Natty should come with a warning label that it causes gastrointestinal distress on the same level as Taco Bell.
The Fife
I'm surprised it's down by only that much, because I can't remember the last time I saw someone with a Bud Light.
aggielostinETX
AG
BL 30 packs on sale here in ETX for $25.
Shelf was full.
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
powerbelly
AG
The Fife said:

I'm surprised it's down by only that much, because I can't remember the last time I saw someone with a Bud Light.

There are lots of contacts that require shipments that I would bet is buoying these numbers. I would love to see the numbers for distributors and retailers
HumpitPuryear
AG
BL is plentiful on the shelf at Bobby's marketplace, Road town Tortola BVI. We provisioned a healthy supply of Red Stripe for our bare boat charter. We've been in twice and haven't seen any BL on carts or on tables at the several bars we've visited.

BL boycott is international in scope.
The Fife
If they get returned due to a lack of sales will the BL numbers need to be revised downwards, or would they take a hit at the date that actually happens? Or are the distributors just stuck disposing of it at a loss on their end and from the BL side the numbers just stay the same until these kind of contracts start reaching the end of their term and new, lower quantity ones are written?
YouBet
AG
Nanomachines son said:

Logos Stick said:

Rydyn said:

Clown World

Everything makes far more sense once you realize that they only care about global finance and do not care at all about their consumers or profit. They are told what to do.

Everything makes a lot more sense when you realize all modern non-owner Executives are puppets.
Yeah, people forget these companies are global. InBev-AB sales by volume in North America (US, Canada, Mexico) is only 17% of their total but revenue accounts for 29% of total. And their NA volume growth decreased by 4% in 2022 over 2021 so they were already losing sales. NA is their only region that was down in 2022 and you can probably chalk that up to the intense competition in the US with all of our micro brews.

Their '23 growth number for North America is going to be abysmal. Remains to be seen if this issue bled over into other geographic regions.
Chef Elko
AG
Tramp96 said:

Danwell Home said:

Well, to be fair, Natty was off limits once I was no longer a poor college student.

Natty should come with a warning label that it causes gastrointestinal distress on the same level as Taco Bell.
I still buy a 15/30 pack of Keystone every now and then over my normal Miller Lite. 90%+ of my beer drinking in college was Keystone and I still like Keystone. Hard to beat a canned Keystone with a splash of OJ while watching College Gameday.
Sea Speed
AG
Is that percentage wow or is it from this point last year or what? If they are dropping 25% every week boy howdy they are hosed
AggieChemE09
AG
Sea Speed said:

Is that percentage wow or is it from this point last year or what? If they are dropping 25% every week boy howdy they are hosed
Year over Year
Hungry Ojos
Danwell Home said:

Tramp96 said:

Danwell Home said:

Hard to beat a canned Keystone with a splash of OJ while watching College Gameday.

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!
captkirk
AG

Quote:

The latest tracking figures by Nielsen IQ, provided to Newsweek by Bump Williams Consulting, show that in the week ending June 10, Bud Light sales volumethe number of units of beer soldwas 30.3 percent lower than in the same week in 2022, the largest such drop since the week ending April 1.
Tailgate88
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

Danwell Home said:

Tramp96 said:

Danwell Home said:

Hard to beat a canned Keystone with a splash of OJ while watching College Gameday.

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!

My first reaction as well but I have to admit, I'm going to try it.

Edit: But not with Keystone.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Why would you water down your OJ?
BG Knocc Out
I must confess, went to a game at Wrigley Field a month ago, and the only beer they had on tap at the concession stand was Bud Light. I drank one. Plz don't tell a soul.
ProgN
BG Knocc Out said:

I must confess, went to a game at Wrigley Field a month ago, and the only beer they had on tap at the concession stand was Bud Light. I drank one. Plz don't tell a soul.
Daddy-O5
AG
BG Knocc Out said:

agent-maroon
AG
BG Knocc Out said:

Well... good news is that you're nearing rock bottom and will be ready to start that 12 step program before you know it
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Tramp96
BG Knocc Out said:

Let me get this straight:

1. Wrigley Field
2. Concession Stand
3. Beer on tap

How can that possibly be ANYTHING other than Old Style? Was this a concession stand in one of them townhome roofs in the outfield?

Did you even try to go to the next concession down the concourse?

I mean, to be at Wrigley Field and not be drinking an Old Style is just unfathomable.
First Page Last Page
Page 73 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.