Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

455,594 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
BurnetAggie99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Was good there was some lighting that rolled in so didn't stay for the whole thing
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
It was pretty easy when sitting in the club level at the stros game a month ago to avoid AB products

Sat in the lower level yesterday and it's almost impossible if you want to drink beer.
Lots of mich ultras seen. A few BL's around but a lot less than I would expect a year ago
Wildmen06
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

It was pretty easy when sitting in the club level at the stros game a month ago to avoid AB products

Sat in the lower level yesterday and it's almost impossible if you want to drink beer.
Lots of mich ultras seen. A few BL's around but a lot less than I would expect a year ago

You can always go to the st Arnold's bar by the Crawford boxes.
The Fife
bonfarr said:

Having early Fathers Day lunch at Pappasito's and something is missing from the beer menu.

$6 Corona
agent-maroon
AG
$6 Corona???

Uhm... no. Or as they say in espanol "no"
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
UnderoosAg
AG
Had dinner at the bar at a Longhorn steakhouse the other night. One of their all day happy hour deals was something like a $3 12oz draft Bud Light or another beer. It was printed on the menu so it's been around a while. Problem is, no BL on tap. There were two tap handles missing from taps. One was Blue Moon and it was sitting on top of the rack. Other one had to have been BL, just gone. When's the last time a restaurant in SA didn't have BL on tap?
deddog
AG
72 pages in , and the 2nd nicest thing, is that all the libs have disappeared,.

Also FBL
nortex97
AG
deddog said:

Also FBL
And it should be noted that bud light/AB has been pro GLBTQ/gay advertising for 23+ years.

LOL.

JABQ04
AG
Im seeing more and more people buying Bug Light these days. Saw several cases and 12 packs in shipping carts today grocery shopping and one Hispanic dude had like 6 cases, kinda wanted to know where he was partying. Saw a decent amount bought at an Astros game a couple weeks ago too. I stick to my Shiner and Lonestar though
AgDad121619
AG
Stopped in a Florida Walmart on the way to the beach - there was no bud light in the AB section - to the point it appeared that the distributor had pulled its space. A lot of Ultra and Busch light - no empty space to indicate that the Bud Light had just sold out to explain the absence.
milner79
JABQ04 said:

Im seeing more and more people buying Bug Light these days. Saw several cases and 12 packs in shipping carts today grocery shopping and one Hispanic dude had like 6 cases, kinda wanted to know where he was partying. Saw a decent amount bought at an Astros game a couple weeks ago too. I stick to my Shiner and Lonestar though

... My trunk's full of Pearl Beer and Lone Star ...
jokershady
AG
I'm really curious to see what numbers look like and how things change once football season kicks off….that'll be a massive indicator of just how much long term damage is now done with the YOY drop in sales…..
Tanya 93
deddog said:

Also FBL
I am still here.

And it is still barely selling.
An L of an Ag
AG
Gonna have to make a beer run to replenish my YF stock. Spent a lot of time in the pool this weekend. Killed more Yuenglings than Darth Vader.
techno-ag
AG
jokershady said:

I'm really curious to see what numbers look like and how things change once football season kicks off….that'll be a massive indicator of just how much long term damage is now done with the YOY drop in sales…..
Yeah. It might recover some, especially with stadium sales. But as has been said on here many people don't care about it. The flavor was engineered to be the least offensive across palates. It's designed to be consumed by women and others who don't like the taste of beer. Mass appeal and mass marketing.

So now that momentum has gone the crowds may not fully return for BL. Other beers with better flavors will likely lure people away.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

deddog
AG
Tanya 93 said:

deddog said:

Also FBL
I am still here.

And it is still barely selling.
Touche (grr...can't get the acute to stick)
Texmid
AG
Hahahahaha
Tramp96
milner79 said:

JABQ04 said:

Well, if you were driving REK's car on the Amarillo Highway, it would be Shiner Bock and Lone Star.
JABQ04
AG
Yep. Terry Allen had Lonestar and Pearl
ProgN
Anheuser Busch marketing boss says Dylan Mulvaney Bud Light fiasco was 'wake-up call' | Daily Mail Online
Quote:

Anheuser-Busch's chief marketing officer said while accepting an award at an advertising awards ceremony on Monday that the Bud Light partnership with Dylan Mulvaney was a humbling reminder it needs to understand its consumers better.

Marcel Marcondes ironically made the comments while accepting an award for 'Creative Marketer of the Year' at Cannes Lions - a lavish industry conference in the south of France dubbed the 'Oscars for the adverting industry.'
Quote:

'In times like this, when things get divisive and controversial so easily, I think it's an important wake-up call to all of us marketers first of all to be very humble,' he said.

'That's what we're doing, being very humble, and really reminding ourselves of what we should do best every day, which is to really understand our consumers.
Quote:

The conference was held as Bud Light is preparing to launch a campaign this week that will emphasize 'inclusion' in response to the disastrously divisive campaign earlier in the year.
Yep, ad campaign about inclusion is definitely the road back to your former customers.
Tailgate88
AG
ProgN said:

Anheuser Busch marketing boss says Dylan Mulvaney Bud Light fiasco was 'wake-up call' | Daily Mail Online
Quote:

Anheuser-Busch's chief marketing officer said while accepting an award at an advertising awards ceremony on Monday that the Bud Light partnership with Dylan Mulvaney was a humbling reminder it needs to understand its consumers better.

Marcel Marcondes ironically made the comments while accepting an award for 'Creative Marketer of the Year' at Cannes Lions - a lavish industry conference in the south of France dubbed the 'Oscars for the adverting industry.'
Quote:

'In times like this, when things get divisive and controversial so easily, I think it's an important wake-up call to all of us marketers first of all to be very humble,' he said.

'That's what we're doing, being very humble, and really reminding ourselves of what we should do best every day, which is to really understand our consumers.
Quote:

The conference was held as Bud Light is preparing to launch a campaign this week that will emphasize 'inclusion' in response to the disastrously divisive campaign earlier in the year.
Yep, ad campaign about inclusion is definitely the road back to your former customers.

They just keep digging that hole deeper.
TexasAggiesWin
S
WTF Peyton Manning

Rydyn
AG
Clown World
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/jun/19/bud-light-parent-takes-creative-marketer-year-awar/
We live on a tax farm as free range humans.
AggieDruggist89
AG
**** BL

Here's the best ever.

Logos Stick
Rydyn said:

Clown World
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/jun/19/bud-light-parent-takes-creative-marketer-year-awar/

They're delusional. I've never seen anything like it.
aggiejayrod
AG
Completely crating your entire company in one ad campaign is certainly creative
agent-maroon
AG

Imagine, if you will, being so woke that you're trapped in a bubble where everybody can see into it, but you cannot perceive the world beyond. You keep making the wrong decisions when everyone trapped with you agrees and are giving you awards despite your ineptitude. You are so clueless that you actually effed up selling one of the world's most popular beers.

That eye-rolling and laughter that you hear in the distance means that you have just entered... The Twilight Zone
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
American Hardwood
AG
I don't care if the award recipient was selected prior to the destruction of the brand. Following through and actually giving the award is just surreal.
Stat Monitor Repairman
This is will smith punching chris rock on stage at the oscars and 10-min later winning an oscar.
milner79
Tramp96 said:

milner79 said:

JABQ04 said:

Well, if you were driving REK's car on the Amarillo Highway, it would be Shiner Bock and Lone Star.

Not on Bigger Piece of the Sky.
Shoefly!
AG
An L of an Ag said:

Gonna have to make a beer run to replenish my YF stock. Spent a lot of time in the pool this weekend. Killed more Yuenglings than Darth Vader.

Is the pool saltwater now?
bonfarr
AG
The thing I find laughable is AB-InBev is an international company and there is zero chance in Hell they would pull a LGBTQ marketing stunt with their Modelo products in Mexico or with Brahma beer in Brazil. If they think it's bad in America a Latin version of Mulvaney prancing around with their beer in an ad in those countries would be 1000 times worse so their talk of being inclusive only counts in Europe or the US where they thought they could force that crap on us.
AnScAggie
AG
Just saw a Budweiser Fold of Honor commercial while watching the college world series. They are flailing and rudderless imo, the CEO cannot just condemn the woke trans influencer fiasco, but yet they think they can throw out some patriotic commercials and all will be forgiven. **** Bud and Bud Light in the loafers.
MemphisAg1
AG
I'm on the road and grabbed quick BBQ for dinner. The only beer they had was Bud products.

Drank water instead.
Tanya 93
Ran out of Yuengling Flight in a few weeks
Still on the same April BL keg

Kinda telling
First Page Last Page
Page 72 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.