Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

455,902 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
Teslag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
95LawAg said:

How did it impact anyone's life on here?

I don't like Tom Cruise. He seems like a jackass, to me. I like Buffalo Trace and most of their whiskeys. If they send Tom Cruise a case of whiskey with his image on the bottles and post it online, that has no impact on me. I can't see getting all worked up, posting memes, complaining on message boards, or not buying Buffalo Trace products anymore because of it. It seems like a lot of energy to spend just for the sake of letting everyone know you're offended.

95LawAg
AG
I know memes are super fun for you, but how about a substantive response?
nai06
AG
It's objectively dumb (and a little funny) that people are getting so worked up over something they can't even buy because it's a one off product and not even sold in stores.

Jimmies are definitely rustled over nothing.
Artorias
AG
nai06 said:

It's objectively dumb (and a little funny) that people are getting so worked up over something they can't even buy because it's a one off product and not even sold in stores.

Why do you care so much what other people think about Bud Light? Doesn;t affect you.
Urban Ag
AG
nortex97 said:

My boycott is highly ineffective unfortunately as I don't buy any of their products anyway. Years ago I'd enjoy a rolling rock now and then.
But you can mercilessly ridicule your friends whether you drink BL or not.
Teslag
AG
nai06 said:

Yet here you are. Goalie'ing the ever living **** out of it
Old May Banker
AG
nai06 said:

You truly don't get it, do you?

Most were comfortable to see trans folks do their thing and leave them alone - albeit maybe laughing a bit at the craziness of it. Then it started getting pushed to children.... and you expect everyone to look the other way and say "doesn't affect me"?

That genie ain't going back in the bottle...
aezmvp
nai06 said:

95LawAg said:

So, a company produces a miniscule amount of their product (I don't know exactly how many cans they printed and sent to Mulvaney) and sends it only to the individual whose image is on the cans, and this is described as "shoving it in our face" and "forcing it on us." The cans aren't in stores. Nobody is being made to buy cans with the image if they want to buy Bud Light. Mulvaney's image isn't suddenly in stores, bars, and kitchens across the country.

I don't drink Bud Light, nor am I LBGTQ+, so this issue has no direct, personal impact on me. Objectively speaking, it seems like a massive overreaction to a small act with no actual impact on anyone, other than some sort of hurt feelings for anti-LBGTQ+ folks. Am I missing something?

Holy **** the cans aren't even for sale?

This overreaction is so much dumber that I realized.
So a brand through their CEO and director of marketing ridicule their current customers. They are trying to appeal to a different customer base. Intentionally. You don't as an executive go out of your way to insult your customer base. But they did, so either the people running the company hate you (which is very clearly the case) or they are incredibly stupid/foolish (also probable).

So if a company's executives go out of their way to say that they dislike their existing customer base and that customer base says then I won't drink your product and I will actively encourage other people not to drink your product that is not an overreaction.

Add on top of it and the person that they ARE going to at a high level is someone that openly trashes the lifestyle, beliefs and so forth of your current customer base (not to mention advocate poisoning and mutilating their children to fill the emotional and psychological hole in that influencer), why are you surprised when that customer base says I'll take my money elsewhere? This was the direct result of a group of people substituting their preferences over that of their customers. Local beer and other non-political mass market beers are widely available everywhere. Very, very few people are left without another option and it will only take a few weeks to a few months to make real shifts in drinking habits which aren't easily rectified. The beer market with deregulation has fractured so losing market share is going to be VERY hard to get back.
American Hardwood
AG
I'm going to guess that you goalies trying to sell this as an 'overreaction' aren't married. Otherwise, you might have learned that 'overreactions' are quite often an outburst based on the accumulation of small offenses that are triggered by one final act.

The person claiming, 'you are overreacting' is actually announcing that you are insensitive to the accumulating effect and only see final act as the offending moment and are caught off guard. That, or that person is just lying in an attempt to discredit the concerns of the person 'overreacting'.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
nai06 said:

Not jimmies, you zealot. Festering open wounds.
Ellis Wyatt
95LawAg said:

Cultural degradation and promotion of degeneracy impacts all of us. Our country is slouching towards Gomorrah. Trans people are literally slaughtering people who they perceive as ideological enemies. Maybe wake up.
jrdaustin
AG
95LawAg said:

So, a company produces a miniscule amount of their product (I don't know exactly how many cans they printed and sent to Mulvaney) and sends it only to the individual whose image is on the cans, and this is described as "shoving it in our face" and "forcing it on us." The cans aren't in stores. Nobody is being made to buy cans with the image if they want to buy Bud Light. Mulvaney's image isn't suddenly in stores, bars, and kitchens across the country.

I don't drink Bud Light, nor am I LBGTQ+, so this issue has no direct, personal impact on me. Objectively speaking, it seems like a massive overreaction to a small act with no actual impact on anyone, other than some sort of hurt feelings for anti-LBGTQ+ folks. Am I missing something?
Your statement is not accurate at all. It's not like Bud Light called me up and sent me some personalized cans to be nice. They knew that this guy is a Social Media influencer with an agenda diametrically opposed to the majority of their actual market base. They were looking for exposure, and they got it. Mulvaney is looking for exposure, and they gave that to him in spades.

Mulvaney's image may not be in stores, bars and kitchens, but it's on everyone's news feed, news broadcast, and pretty much every other information source that we have access to. That was by design.
HalifaxAg
AG
nortex97 said:

LOL.

So, Bud Light did manage to pick up 'some' new customers I guess (to paraphrase tom hermensa). Kudo's, marketing geniuses.
Fugly *****es....every....single....time

I wouldn't touch a one of them even with Mulvaney's dick
jrdaustin
AG
95LawAg said:

I don't like Tom Cruise. He seems like a jackass, to me. I like Buffalo Trace and most of their whiskeys. If they send Tom Cruise a case of whiskey with his image on the bottles and post it online, that has no impact on me. I can't see getting all worked up, posting memes, complaining on message boards, or not buying Buffalo Trace products anymore because of it. It seems like a lot of energy to spend just for the sake of letting everyone know you're offended.
Change "Tom Cruise" to "Donald Trump" and get back to me.
95LawAg
AG
aezmvp said:

nai06 said:

95LawAg said:

So a brand through their CEO and director of marketing ridicule their current customers. They are trying to appeal to a different customer base. Intentionally. You don't as an executive go out of your way to insult your customer base. But they did, so either the people running the company hate you (which is very clearly the case) or they are incredibly stupid/foolish (also probable).

So if a company's executives go out of their way to say that they dislike their existing customer base and that customer base says then I won't drink your product and I will actively encourage other people not to drink your product that is not an overreaction.

Add on top of it and the person that they ARE going to at a high level is someone that openly trashes the lifestyle, beliefs and so forth of your current customer base (not to mention advocate poisoning and mutilating their children to fill the emotional and psychological hole in that influencer), why are you surprised when that customer base says I'll take my money elsewhere? This was the direct result of a group of people substituting their preferences over that of their customers. Local beer and other non-political mass market beers are widely available everywhere. Very, very few people are left without another option and it will only take a few weeks to a few months to make real shifts in drinking habits which aren't easily rectified. The beer market with deregulation has fractured so losing market share is going to be VERY hard to get back.

It sounds like you and others here are taking Budweiser (InBev) sending some customized cans to an individual very personally.

Regarding the marriage analogy, none of you are married to Budweiser. You don't live with Budweiser and Budweiser hasn't committed a series of smaller, accumulating grievances against you, like a spouse might.

Budweiser is a random person you run into who does something annoying that reminds you of your wife and you go off them for their small annoyance. It's an overreaction, but not to you, of course.
95LawAg
AG
jrdaustin said:

95LawAg said:

Ok, I'm back. Still going to buy Buffalo Trace. Still not going to post memes and complain about Buffalo Trace being a horrible company because they sent a guy a few bottles with his picture on them.
jrdaustin
AG
95LawAg said:

jrdaustin said:

95LawAg said:

Ok, I'm back. Still going to buy Buffalo Trace. Still not going to post memes and complain about Buffalo Trace being a horrible company because they sent a guy a few bottles with his picture on them.
Good for you. But are you also alleging that the distribution of Buffalo Trace would be minimally affected by Trump blasting out on Truth Social the pictures of the Orange Man on bottles and heaping praise on how smart Buffalo Trace is?

I like Buffalo Trace, too. I have no problems with Donald Trump. But in this current environment, it would be a stupid thing for BT to do if they want to maximize their brand.
American Hardwood
AG
95LawAg said:

aezmvp said:

nai06 said:

95LawAg said:

It sounds like you and others here are taking Budweiser (InBev) sending some customized cans to an individual very personally.

Regarding the marriage analogy, none of you are married to Budweiser. You don't live with Budweiser and Budweiser hasn't committed a series of smaller, accumulating grievances against you, like a spouse might.

Budweiser is a random person you run into who does something annoying that reminds you of your wife and you go off them for their small annoyance. It's an overreaction, but not to you, of course.
Man did you miss the point. None of that response makes sense. Go back and read it again.

You can't compartmentalize what AB was attempting to do. They didn't just send someone some personalized cans. Did you not hear the marketing exec describe what they were trying to do?

Massive post fail.
CDUB98
AG
Quote:

Our country is slouching towards Gomorrah.

Our country, and the Western world, is making Gomorrah look like the Bible Belt.
nortex97
AG
Urban Ag said:

nortex97 said:

My boycott is highly ineffective unfortunately as I don't buy any of their products anyway. Years ago I'd enjoy a rolling rock now and then.
But you can mercilessly ridicule your friends whether you drink BL or not.

True, if I had any that drank BL. Here is the point I wish I had a good friend who was also gay. Congrats, GLBTQ mafia, you win I guess. Dammit.
CDUB98
AG
Quote:

You are either being truly disingenuous with this statement, or you truly are incapable of grasping the reasons people are upset.
texagbeliever
CDUB98 said:

Quote:

You are either being truly disingenuous with this statement, or you truly are incapable of grasping the reasons people are upset.

From the handle, he must be a lawyer. So probably both.
javajaws
AG
Bud Light: The official drink of Subaru drivers everywhere!
nortex97
AG
CDUB98 said:

Quote:

The guy wants to make sure everyone knows he/she/ze's a lawyer. I think the answer is…pretty obvious here.

I'm just waiting for a beer outfit to sign up only straight christian preachers as sponsors, with 5 or more kids each. Some micro-brew somewhere could give it a try. Let's see how the alphabet mafia reacts to that horrible, hateful group. Oh, probably the same way the alphabet agencies reacted to the "Proud Boys," I know. "To the gulag!!"
Urban Ag
AG
95LawAg said:

aezmvp said:

nai06 said:

95LawAg said:

Except that's not at all what AB did. They sent customized cans to a twink freak show and started a social media campaign to celebrate his fabulous transition from boy to girl, aka, his fantasyland pretend journey from male to female. But he's still a male, hence the pretend part. And naturally, the media shots have to be of him acting fruity in the tub.

Said weirdo in question, the center of the social media campaign, is an influencer for the trans movement, more specifically, biological males acting about as beta and unmanly as they possibly can. Your average BL or AB product consumer clearly wants nothing to do with endorsing this lifestyle, nor purchasing products that openly celebrate it.

So yes, it did in fact affect the people who purchase and consume these products. For me, it's not specifically about AB as I rarely purchase their products. I am unapologetically against the celebration, much less normalization, of this trans movement fad sweeping through the country. I get to have an opinion, just like you.
nai06
AG
Old May Banker said:

nai06 said:

You truly don't get it, do you?

Most were comfortable to see trans folks do their thing and leave them alone - albeit maybe laughing a bit at the craziness of it. Then it started getting pushed to children.... and you expect everyone to look the other way and say "doesn't affect me"?

That genie ain't going back in the bottle...

People were not okay with trans folks doing their thing enough to leave them alone. Hell a trans poster on this very board has had tons of **** thrown their way for being trans well prior to the recent uproar.

Ellis Wyatt
Quote:

People were not okay with trans folks doing their thing enough to leave them alone. Hell a trans poster on this very board has had tons of **** thrown their way for being trans well prior to the recent uproar.

A trans person just gunned down a bunch of kids. Stop with the whining.
Old Sarge
AG
Bud Light (AB) had a marketing exec go off reservation and launch an ad campaign that is absolutely destroying their (AB) market share. And she's doubling down on it. This does affect AB Sales and delivery personnel, and many others in that company. A publicly traded company, which hurts stockholders financially. Likely severely in this case. So, a short couple ads, and a few cans with a transvestite/gender/gay person has done considerable, long term damage to a lot of folks. By a "true believer" rouge marketing professional.

What's even scarier is what other companies have these kind of folks working for them as well. They need to do some real introspection and purging lest they befall the fate of Anheuser-Busch.
"Green" is the new RED.
GeorgiAg
AG
javajaws said:

Ever driven a Subaru? They're are surprisingly very practical. GF has one and it's also fun for me and her friends to crack lesbian jokes to her all the time.
nortex97
AG
GeorgiAg said:

javajaws said:

Ever driven a Subaru? They're are surprisingly very practical. GF has one and it's also fun for me and her friends to crack lesbian jokes to her all the time.
Insert CVT ****** joke here.
GeorgiAg
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Quote:

A trans person just gunned down a bunch of kids. Stop with the whining.
And trans people are trying to recruit minors and ok body mutilation for minors. That's not acceptable.

Very few care about an adult man dressing up like Tootsie.
Old Sarge
AG
GeorgiAg said:

javajaws said:

So, GeorgiAg's GF is a lesbian? Why are you giving her a hard time about it?
"Green" is the new RED.
nai06
AG
Artorias said:

nai06 said:

Why do you care so much what other people think about Bud Light? Doesn;t affect you.

Because conservatives on this board love to talk **** about liberals being weak, soft, etc.

Then Bud Light gives a custom case of beer to someone with their face on it. All of a sudden people have the vapors and are outraged over something that:

a. Wasn't made for them
b. They can't even buy

Why do you care about something (custom cans) that doesn't affect you?

Urban Ag
AG
Old Sarge said:

Bud Light (AB) had a marketing exec go off reservation and launch an ad campaign that is absolutely destroying their (AB) market share. And she's doubling down on it. This does affect AB Sales and delivery personnel, and many others in that company. A publicly traded company, which hurts stockholders financially. Likely severely in this case. So, a short couple ads, and a few cans with a transvestite/gender/gay person has done considerable, long term damage to a lot of folks. By a "true believer" rouge marketing professional.

What's even scarier is what other companies have these kind of folks working for them as well. They need to do some real introspection and purging lest they befall the fate of Anheuser-Busch.
Black Rifle Coffee Company was trading at nearly $30/share a year ago. Then a lot of commentary was leaked from their founders/execs that essentially trashed their customer base. It's currently trading at $5.30. I don't think Americans started buying less coffee in the last 12 months.
CDUB98
AG
Old Sarge said:

GeorgiAg said:

javajaws said:

So, GeorgiAg's GF is a lesbian? Why are you giving her a hard time about it?

If she's a lesbian, doubt he can give her a hard time.
First Page Last Page
Page 10 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.