Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

455,901 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
EX TEXASEX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Depressing how time flies. I remember you on " Hornfans " maybe 15 years ago !!
Big Al 1992
AG
XXXVII said:

I don't usually drink beer when there are other options like a good cocktail or high end whiskey/bourbon/rum/etc. The last beer I drank was a Karbach, and I used to really like it. What's a good alternative?

Any of the Real Ale beers - Fireman's 4, Texas Bock, Axis IPA, Devil's Backbone, they have some sample packs at H-E-B. Family owned. Blanco, TX.

St. Arnold's is a good standby and what we choose at Minute Maid Park.
Captain Pablo
AG
Shoefly! said:

Urban Ag said:

93MarineHorn said:

Yeah, I don't understand this move by AB. It's not like with NIKE where they could count on Leftists making up whatever they lost from conservatives angered by the lecture from Kaepernick. Both left & right need athletic gear. But light beer is very different. Libs that are aware of the AB pro trans campaign aren't going to switch to crappy Bud Lite out of solidarity. That's a bridge too far.
But, but, back when the Dixie Chicks trashed W on the world stage and country music fans voiced their displeasure, liberals everywhere started buying their albums like crazy and quickly came to love their energetic, feminist, yet folksy style!

/For about a month then their careers completely tanked

The little short blond one wiith the big mouth didn't care, her daddy's a billionaire. Natalie Mainge

Lloyd Maines, session steel guitar player and instrumentalist is a good dude, but a billionaire???!

I'm sure he'd be surprised to hear that!
EX TEXASEX
Man, the sad thing is that Dylan Mulvaney makes a prettier woman then VP of Crypt Keeping. Although I think he might be bulimic. Looks like the enamel on his teeth is gone. Which does not surprise me due to how many gay males have eating disorders.

Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Space-Tech said:

Teslag said:

Space-Tech said:

Pluralizes Everythings said:

Space-Tech said:

Stock Market says otherwise.

Purchase some options or shares, and put your money where your mouth is?

Disclaimer for leftists: do not actually put your money where your mouth is. This is a common saying used by human beings to convey a point, as opposed to just stating the point. In conclusion the saying is only intended to cleverly tell someone to place them self at risk as opposed to asking others to place themselves at risk. This disclaimer may seem unnecessary, but tbh 10 years ago I would never have imagined that people would cut their body parts off to try and become something else...so clearly ya'll need some extra explanations.
Companies that trend on Twitter with the #GoWokeGoBroke average a 15% increase YTD.

Do you think this was a smart move by bud light? Yes or no.
Yes.

Corporations don't make huge commitments without millions poured into market research and social trends. From adding minorities into advertising, then interracial couples the market of potential customers shows that they respond favorably to companies that support lgbt+ communities.

Like it or not companies are shifting their strategies to Millennials and Gen Z customers, Boomers and Gen X aren't as valuable anymore. They are absolutely willing to alienate a customer base that has 15-20 years of buying potential in favor of a customer base that has 30-40 years of buying potential.

Corporations are in the business of providing a ROI to its investors. It does not care about your feelings..

I do market research. I don't think you know what you're talking about.

FYI, first we have to get Gen Z drinking as most overwhelmingly don't as they don't have drivers licenses and don't party compared to the boomers and gen Z who are living longer and longer and drinking more and more. Millennials might make sense except that millennials are craft beer drinkers and the millennials that did drink bud light no longer will as they are more typically from the conservative demographic.

Your bit sounds like typical clueless idiocy and I'd fire this creature for what she did if it was my brand i am running.

This was a dumb ass decision and the company is going to suffer dearly for it. The only play I could see is for the portfolio brand to push lots of other craft type options and kill the bud light brand on purpose to secure funding d more lenient capital to push the more expensive more niche brands. Bud light is **** tier beer and the people running the show probably get that and won't do what is needed to fix the product.
HalifaxAg
AG
I just want to know what the over/under is on when that dumb ***** is getting the boot.

The VP and Captain Confused

This is how middle America finds it voice to stop wokeism. Maybe this is the watershed moment.
Redassag94
AG
I saw this coming years ago when they sold out to InBev. They aren't an American company anymore. And they have ruined my last name…
RedAssAg
Class of '94
Born & Raised in Texas, lovin Colorado!!
johnnyblaze36
AG
Saw this post on Stocktwits and found it to be an interesting theory. Thoughts?

Urban Ag
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

XXXVII said:

I don't usually drink beer when there are other options like a good cocktail or high end whiskey/bourbon/rum/etc. The last beer I drank was a Karbach, and I used to really like it. What's a good alternative?

Any of the Real Ale beers - Fireman's 4, Texas Bock, Axis IPA, Devil's Backbone, they have some sample packs at H-E-B. Family owned. Blanco, TX.

St. Arnold's is a good standby and what we choose at Minute Maid Park.
Don't drink much beer these days but if I do I'd rather sip a couple of Axis IPA's then down a six pack of light beer.
nortex97
AG
LOL.

So, Bud Light did manage to pick up 'some' new customers I guess (to paraphrase tom hermensa). Kudo's, marketing geniuses.
TequilaMockingbird
nortex97 said:

LOL.

So, Bud Light did manage to pick up 'some' new customers I guess (to paraphrase tom hermensa). Kudo's, marketing geniuses.
"Wow, the Dixie chicks have really let themselves go."

LOL
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
barbacoa taco said:

Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

barbacoa taco said:

cypress-ag said:

Let's see how this plays out in Kyle Field this season....lots of AB product offered. I'll be locked into Dos X from here on out. Going to look tonight and this weekend at Olsen as well. I didn't drink Bud Light because it was an awful beer but didn't mind a Stella or Negro Modelo from time to time.
I'm sure if Kyle Field sells any AB products this season they'll promptly get a tsunami of complaints from the Rudder Association.

Look at you mocking former students for actually standing up for A&M. So bitter.

lol

I've heard way nastier things said about liberals on here (we are former students too, you know). Figured you could handle some light hearted ridicule.

You mean the former students who were falling all over themselves to get rid of A&M history because a ridiculously mediocre quarterback said so? Yeah…I'm good, bro.
Buzzy
johnnyblaze36 said:

Saw this post on Stocktwits and found it to be an interesting theory. Thoughts?

Pretty sure Blackrock and Vanguard have their funds operating on algos triggered by prices, so while the story makes a nice conspiracy, it is just as likely their increased positions are a coincidence.
Wild West Pimp Style
ac04
multiple family members in the beer business, fortunately all on the MillerCoors side. they are absolutely loving this.
Actual Talking Thermos
YouBet said:

Aggieangler93 said:

Please tell me Dos XX is still safe? I can't stand Corona. Would have to give up beer.

All Pilsners are piss. You should try a stout or a porter.
Dos Equis and Corona are not Pilsners except in like the loosest possible sense. They're American-style adjunct macro-lagers.
Actual Talking Thermos
ac04 said:

multiple family members in the beer business, fortunately all on the MillerCoors side. they are absolutely loving this.
Miller and Coors have been sponsoring and promoting pride stuff for many many years too though?
Prexys Moon
AG
EX TEXASEX said:

Maybe for a week or two the left might support it. However, I think this situation is different. The left will go back to their old ways soon enough and conservatives will not touch Bud Light like it was filled with Ebola. I would rather have a pack of rabid pit bulls chew off my nads then buy Gillette razors still to this day. I think Bud Light is having their " Gillette moment " and they are going to suffer for a long time. Which is a beautiful thing.
yup. Used Gilette forever until the toxic masculinity ad. Been a Harry's guy ever since. F them.
barbacoa taco
AG
ac04 said:

https://www.molsoncoors.com/news/news-center/molson-coors-beverage-company-earns-top-score-human-rights-campaign-foundations

Quote:

"We're very proud and honored to be recognized by the HRC with a 100 percent ranking for our LGBTQ workplace equality practices and policies," said Dave Osswald, chief people and diversity officer for MillerCoors. "No matter the recognition though, we know we can never stop working to ensure a welcoming and inclusive environment."

The company has also been recognized in the past for its LGBTQ efforts, including being named 2019 "Corporate Partner of the Year" by Illinois LGBT Chamber of Commerce, awarded the 2016 Corporate Equality Award from Human Rights Campaign and named Corporation of the Year in 2015 by the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce.
However, I would be happy too if I saw a boom in business due to the backlash against AB.

Also, TIL MillerCoors is now MolsonCoors.
DatTallArchitect
AG
BCG Disciple said:

I can't believe they threw away 140 years of brand recognition with Aunt Jemima. Not to mention how proud the family was that it originated from a freed slave known for her pancakes. Doesn't matter because white corporate types thought it was racist. When does the copyright run on that brand?
As a Cherokee, I found the Land O Lakes move very disrespectful and have not bought their products since they took the Native woman off of their package. I used to only buy their butter
La Bamba
AG
Does anyone remember when the news broke about that trans dude sponsorship? Cause looks like Aneuser Busch's stock topped on 3/31 and is down 5% while the S&P is up 3-5% in that same timeframe.
CDUB98
AG
I believe it was 3/31 late, but went full on public on 4/1.
La Bamba
AG
CDUB98 said:

I believe it was 3/31 late, but went full on public on 4/1.
Might buy puts.....
CDUB98
AG
La Bamba said:

Does anyone remember when the news broke about that trans dude sponsorship? Cause looks like Aneuser Busch's stock topped on 3/31 and is down 5% while the S&P is up 3-5% in that same timeframe.

Overall, until the price moves below the 200DA, it's just noise.

Looking at that chart, the stock price has a long way to go downward based on natural cycles. Would like to see the bolinger bands overlaid on that.
Captain Pablo
AG
Actual Talking Thermos said:

YouBet said:

Aggieangler93 said:

Please tell me Dos XX is still safe? I can't stand Corona. Would have to give up beer.

All Pilsners are piss. You should try a stout or a porter.
Dos Equis and Corona are not Pilsners except in like the loosest possible sense. They're American-style adjunct macro-lagers.

They're German lagers, originally brewed by Germans in Mexico
CDUB98
AG
Ohhhh, looks like we might have a neckbeard fight about to happen...
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Old_Ag_91 said:

Well said. And to your post i would like to add

Dont buy these beers unless youre ok with the A-B agenda:

All crap beer owned by AB:
Budweiser
Michelob
Rolling Rock
Busch
Shock Top
Natural
Johnny Appleseed
LandShark Lager
Better beer owned by AB added to the boycott:
Karbach (no exception for Rodeo Clown)
Goose Island
Blue Point
10 Barrel
Golden Road Brewing
Four Peaks
Elysian Brewing
Devils Backbone Brewing
Breckinridge Brewing
Wicked Weed Brewing
I am fine with drawing the line at BudLight. The point of a boycott is to send a message, and the message should be that we are not down with the trans movement...if you push it on us, we will make you pay. The only brand that this VP of marketing decided to tarnish was BudLight. It will be a much more successful boycott if it isolates and targets BudLight, rather than an incoherent and near impossible task of trying to go after all AB or InBev associated brands. The message will be just as effective if BudLight ceases to exist.
nortex97
AG
My boycott is highly ineffective unfortunately as I don't buy any of their products anyway. Years ago I'd enjoy a rolling rock now and then.
Slicer97
AG
Rolling Rock is one of the few lagers that's drinkable at room temp.
95LawAg
AG
So, a company produces a miniscule amount of their product (I don't know exactly how many cans they printed and sent to Mulvaney) and sends it only to the individual whose image is on the cans, and this is described as "shoving it in our face" and "forcing it on us." The cans aren't in stores. Nobody is being made to buy cans with the image if they want to buy Bud Light. Mulvaney's image isn't suddenly in stores, bars, and kitchens across the country.

I don't drink Bud Light, nor am I LBGTQ+, so this issue has no direct, personal impact on me. Objectively speaking, it seems like a massive overreaction to a small act with no actual impact on anyone, other than some sort of hurt feelings for anti-LBGTQ+ folks. Am I missing something?
The Last Cobra Commander
AG
Yes.
"The leftist is driven by something other than facts and can't be cured."
Ellis Wyatt
95LawAg said:

So, a company produces a miniscule amount of their product (I don't know exactly how many cans they printed and sent to Mulvaney) and sends it only to the individual whose image is on the cans, and this is described as "shoving it in our face" and "forcing it on us."
Yes. They created this whole issue.

You know what my company says publicly about political issues? Absolutely nothing. Their business is not politics.
Teslag
AG
95LawAg said:

So, a company produces a miniscule amount of their product (I don't know exactly how many cans they printed and sent to Mulvaney) and sends it only to the individual whose image is on the cans, and this is described as "shoving it in our face" and "forcing it on us." The cans aren't in stores. Nobody is being made to buy cans with the image if they want to buy Bud Light. Mulvaney's image isn't suddenly in stores, bars, and kitchens across the country.

I don't drink Bud Light, nor am I LBGTQ+, so this issue has no direct, personal impact on me. Objectively speaking, it seems like a massive overreaction to a small act with no actual impact on anyone, other than some sort of hurt feelings for anti-LBGTQ+ folks. Am I missing something?

nai06
AG
95LawAg said:

Holy **** the cans aren't even for sale?

This overreaction is so much dumber that I realized.
Teslag
AG
nai06 said:

95LawAg said:

Holy **** the cans aren't even for sale?

This overreaction is so much dumber that I realized.

95LawAg
AG
How did it impact anyone's life on here?

I don't like Tom Cruise. He seems like a jackass, to me. I like Buffalo Trace and most of their whiskeys. If they send Tom Cruise a case of whiskey with his image on the bottles and post it online, that has no impact on me. I can't see getting all worked up, posting memes, complaining on message boards, or not buying Buffalo Trace products anymore because of it. It seems like a lot of energy to spend just for the sake of letting everyone know you're offended.
First Page Last Page
Page 9 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.