Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

455,918 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
GeorgiAg said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Quote:

People were not okay with trans folks doing their thing enough to leave them alone. Hell a trans poster on this very board has had tons of **** thrown their way for being trans well prior to the recent uproar.

A trans person just gunned down a bunch of kids. Stop with the whining.
And trans people are trying to recruit minors and ok body mutilation for minors. That's not acceptable.

Very few care about an adult man dressing up like Tootsie.
The average BL drinker doesn't care about an adult man dressing like Tootsie and acting fruity. They don't follow it or likely even know he exists (I didn't until this last week). Now, put that same fruitloop out there as the face of the product they enjoy, all of a sudden they care. Shocker right?
CDUB98
AG
nai06 said:

Artorias said:

nai06 said:

It's objectively dumb (and a little funny) that people are getting so worked up over something they can't even buy because it's a one off product and not even sold in stores.

Jimmies are definitely rustled over nothing.
Why do you care so much what other people think about Bud Light? Doesn;t affect you.

Because conservatives on this board love to talk **** about liberals being weak, soft, etc.

Then Bud Light gives a custom case of beer to someone with their face on it. All of a sudden people have the vapors and are outraged over something that:

a. Wasn't made for them
b. They can't even buy

Why do you care about something (custom cans) that doesn't affect you?

You continue demonstrate your inability to grasp the situation along with our lawyer friend.
Urban Ag
AG
Intentionally obtuse.

95LawAg
AG
jrdaustin said:

95LawAg said:

jrdaustin said:

95LawAg said:

How did it impact anyone's life on here?

I don't like Tom Cruise. He seems like a jackass, to me. I like Buffalo Trace and most of their whiskeys. If they send Tom Cruise a case of whiskey with his image on the bottles and post it online, that has no impact on me. I can't see getting all worked up, posting memes, complaining on message boards, or not buying Buffalo Trace products anymore because of it. It seems like a lot of energy to spend just for the sake of letting everyone know you're offended.
Change "Tom Cruise" to "Donald Trump" and get back to me.

Ok, I'm back. Still going to buy Buffalo Trace. Still not going to post memes and complain about Buffalo Trace being a horrible company because they sent a guy a few bottles with his picture on them.
Good for you. But are you also alleging that the distribution of Buffalo Trace would be minimally affected by Trump blasting out on Truth Social the pictures of the Orange Man on bottles and heaping praise on how smart Buffalo Trace is?

I like Buffalo Trace, too. I have no problems with Donald Trump. But in this current environment, it would be a stupid thing for BT to do if they want to maximize their brand.
I appreciate the response, and it is fair. If BT did that, there would be a similar blowback. I would likewise comment on the overreaction by that segment of consumers.

I think BT, InBev, or whatever company should be able to market to different segments of society without the counterpart being deeply offended. A company should be able to send a case of cans to Mulvaney and Trump with their respective pictures on them. That returns me to my comment that the offended segment of consumers on this issue seems to be taking the issue far too personally. So, they're marketing to the LGBTQ community. Cool. So, they're marketing to the MAGA community. Cool. Both sides do that regularly these days and it's part of the reason our country is so divided right now.

Muktheduck
95LawAg said:

So, a company produces a miniscule amount of their product (I don't know exactly how many cans they printed and sent to Mulvaney) and sends it only to the individual whose image is on the cans, and this is described as "shoving it in our face" and "forcing it on us." The cans aren't in stores. Nobody is being made to buy cans with the image if they want to buy Bud Light. Mulvaney's image isn't suddenly in stores, bars, and kitchens across the country.

I don't drink Bud Light, nor am I LBGTQ+, so this issue has no direct, personal impact on me. Objectively speaking, it seems like a massive overreaction to a small act with no actual impact on anyone, other than some sort of hurt feelings for anti-LBGTQ+ folks. Am I missing something?
Overreaction?

They're just not buying their product. AB chose to take a stand on an extremely divisive issue, one that the vast majority of their consumer base finds revolting. Seems like a completely normal outcome
CDUB98
AG
Quote:

I think BT, InBev, or whatever company should be able

Awwww, how cute. You think your feelings should run the world.
nai06
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Quote:

People were not okay with trans folks doing their thing enough to leave them alone. Hell a trans poster on this very board has had tons of **** thrown their way for being trans well prior to the recent uproar.

you want to play that game?

How many non trans people are mass murders and school shooters.?

take your weak argument elsewhere
Jbob04
AG
Just a reminder, trans people are mentally ill.
95LawAg
AG
CDUB98 said:

Quote:

I think BT, InBev, or whatever company should be able

Awwww, how cute. You think your feelings should run the world.
Silly response to someone stating an opinion. That's what everyone does on here, and sometimes there are disagreements and discussions. I don't think most of us are trying to run the world.
Teslag
AG
Jbob04 said:

Just a reminder, trans people are mentally ill.

And now proven to potentially be mass murderers
nai06
AG
CDUB98 said:

nai06 said:

Artorias said:

nai06 said:

It's objectively dumb (and a little funny) that people are getting so worked up over something they can't even buy because it's a one off product and not even sold in stores.

Why do you care so much what other people think about Bud Light? Doesn;t affect you.

Because conservatives on this board love to talk **** about liberals being weak, soft, etc.

Then Bud Light gives a custom case of beer to someone with their face on it. All of a sudden people have the vapors and are outraged over something that:

a. Wasn't made for them
b. They can't even buy

You continue demonstrate your inability to grasp the situation along with our lawyer friend.

no, I just think its funny to see conservatives whine and cry over a made up issue because some talking heads told them so.

The videos of people destroying their bud light cans are also pretty funny. So much rage at a metal can full of cheap beer.
CDUB98
AG
Quote:

no, I just think its funny to see conservatives whine and cry over a made up issue because some talking heads told them so.

Nice backhanded insult, but you still prove you do not grasp the issue.
Maroon Dawn
AG
nai06 said:

CDUB98 said:

nai06 said:

Artorias said:

nai06 said:

a. Wasn't made for them
b. They can't even buy

The videos of people destroying their bud light cans are also pretty funny. So much rage at a metal can full of cheap beer.

How is removing black people from pancake and rice packaging going over there in the party of non-emotional children?
aezmvp
95LawAg said:

aezmvp said:

nai06 said:

95LawAg said:

So, a company produces a miniscule amount of their product (I don't know exactly how many cans they printed and sent to Mulvaney) and sends it only to the individual whose image is on the cans, and this is described as "shoving it in our face" and "forcing it on us." The cans aren't in stores. Nobody is being made to buy cans with the image if they want to buy Bud Light. Mulvaney's image isn't suddenly in stores, bars, and kitchens across the country.

I don't drink Bud Light, nor am I LBGTQ+, so this issue has no direct, personal impact on me. Objectively speaking, it seems like a massive overreaction to a small act with no actual impact on anyone, other than some sort of hurt feelings for anti-LBGTQ+ folks. Am I missing something?

Holy **** the cans aren't even for sale?

This overreaction is so much dumber that I realized.
So a brand through their CEO and director of marketing ridicule their current customers. They are trying to appeal to a different customer base. Intentionally. You don't as an executive go out of your way to insult your customer base. But they did, so either the people running the company hate you (which is very clearly the case) or they are incredibly stupid/foolish (also probable).

So if a company's executives go out of their way to say that they dislike their existing customer base and that customer base says then I won't drink your product and I will actively encourage other people not to drink your product that is not an overreaction.

Add on top of it and the person that they ARE going to at a high level is someone that openly trashes the lifestyle, beliefs and so forth of your current customer base (not to mention advocate poisoning and mutilating their children to fill the emotional and psychological hole in that influencer), why are you surprised when that customer base says I'll take my money elsewhere? This was the direct result of a group of people substituting their preferences over that of their customers. Local beer and other non-political mass market beers are widely available everywhere. Very, very few people are left without another option and it will only take a few weeks to a few months to make real shifts in drinking habits which aren't easily rectified. The beer market with deregulation has fractured so losing market share is going to be VERY hard to get back.

It sounds like you and others here are taking Budweiser (InBev) sending some customized cans to an individual very personally.

Regarding the marriage analogy, none of you are married to Budweiser. You don't live with Budweiser and Budweiser hasn't committed a series of smaller, accumulating grievances against you, like a spouse might.

Budweiser is a random person you run into who does something annoying that reminds you of your wife and you go off them for their small annoyance. It's an overreaction, but not to you, of course.
I haven't had a InBev product in years so not really, just adding my $0.02.

But really this isn't just sending those cans out. It's also the interviews their executives gave where they directly insulted their previous marketing and customer base. I'm not sure why you would ignore that. Why should their customers? It wasn't intended for their customers to pick up on but was intended to otherize their existing customer base in order to create the space for new customers to accept drinking the beer. That's absolutely stupid. And should their existing customer base just accept getting **** on by the company's leadership? Of course they shouldn't. Should those customers then express their displeasure and let others know why? Of course they should. That's basic word of mouth and it cuts both ways.

Really it feels like you're trying to justify the corporate malfeasance because you're either a) trolling (which is fun I grant you) or b) those actions are in line with your world view.

But either way making statements that alienate your customer base and providing a big F you to that base is nuts. People didn't really grumble much about the rainbow cans or the hey here's two dudes getting married ads that Bud Light put out. It's fine to market to new/different groups. But crapping over your existing customer base AND picking some of the most antagonistic people to associate with should and does have consequences. And personally I hope they get what they deserve good and hard.
Urban Ag
AG
Hence why I again bring up the Dixie Chicks. Their fanbase did not like their antics. So they stopped buying their products. That's not an overreaction. It's basic human behavior.
Ellis Wyatt
nai06 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Quote:

This isn't a game. Stop forcing degeneracy on people's kids.
TxSquarebody
nai06 said:

Artorias said:

nai06 said:

a. Wasn't made for them
b. They can't even buy

If it was kept private, I would agree. But that wasn't the intention, was it? It was purposely made public, so now it does affect me. That's the problem with the whole alphabet mafia. They aren't happy to keep their disorders private.
Ellis Wyatt
nai06 said:

CDUB98 said:

nai06 said:

Artorias said:

nai06 said:

a. Wasn't made for them
b. They can't even buy

Talking heads? What do you think I watch or listen to? Whose opinions do you think I respect?
nai06
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

nai06 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Quote:

These cans don't force anything on kids.

Neither does drag or trans people in general.
Ellis Wyatt
nai06 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

False. And you know it. Allowing boys to play girls' sports is forcing it on children. Allowing boys to change clothes in a girls' dressing room is forcing it on children. A SC justice saying she can't define "woman" is forcing it on children. Teachers inserting it into classrooms is forcing it on children.
nortex97
AG
nai06 said:

Artorias said:

nai06 said:

a. Wasn't made for them
b. They can't even buy

You sure seem to care a lot, yourself there, buckaroo.

Affirming mental illnesses like this as part of a campaign to boost their Corporate Equality Index score while denigrating current customers. Sure, the leftists I know would be just fine if there were a similar thing on the right. It wasn't just 'a few cans.'

Quote:

Robby Starbuck tweeted, "Message to conservative families from @budlight seems to be: We will encourage and even celebrate the erasure of men and women along with all the values you care about. They've gone totally woke. Will you ever spend your money with them now?"

"This isn't a parody. Dylan Mulvaney is now the face of Bud Light," journalist Ian Miles Cheong similarly wrote.
Your troll game is so weak...did the talking points about this go out around 10am this am on DU?
jrdaustin
AG
95LawAg said:

jrdaustin said:

95LawAg said:

jrdaustin said:

95LawAg said:

How did it impact anyone's life on here?

I don't like Tom Cruise. He seems like a jackass, to me. I like Buffalo Trace and most of their whiskeys. If they send Tom Cruise a case of whiskey with his image on the bottles and post it online, that has no impact on me. I can't see getting all worked up, posting memes, complaining on message boards, or not buying Buffalo Trace products anymore because of it. It seems like a lot of energy to spend just for the sake of letting everyone know you're offended.
Change "Tom Cruise" to "Donald Trump" and get back to me.

Ok, I'm back. Still going to buy Buffalo Trace. Still not going to post memes and complain about Buffalo Trace being a horrible company because they sent a guy a few bottles with his picture on them.
Good for you. But are you also alleging that the distribution of Buffalo Trace would be minimally affected by Trump blasting out on Truth Social the pictures of the Orange Man on bottles and heaping praise on how smart Buffalo Trace is?

I like Buffalo Trace, too. I have no problems with Donald Trump. But in this current environment, it would be a stupid thing for BT to do if they want to maximize their brand.
I appreciate the response, and it is fair. If BT did that, there would be a similar blowback. I would likewise comment on the overreaction by that segment of consumers.

I think BT, InBev, or whatever company should be able to market to different segments of society without the counterpart being deeply offended. A company should be able to send a case of cans to Mulvaney and Trump with their respective pictures on them. That returns me to my comment that the offended segment of consumers on this issue seems to be taking the issue far too personally. So, they're marketing to the LGBTQ community. Cool. So, they're marketing to the MAGA community. Cool. Both sides do that regularly these days and it's part of the reason our country is so divided right now.
Thanks for the kind words.

I think part of the problem, though, is that AB has made it pretty clear that they're not simply trying to market to both communities. This is not as simple as BL showing MAGA commercials during football games and hanging rainbow neon signs in gay bars. THAT would not affect me, nor offend me.

But they inserted themselves into a scenario where an influencer who is gaining exposure simply by being obnoxious and in-your-face is now given additional platforms into the mainstream. And Bud Light attempted to ride coattails on that national narrative. I see parallels with Disney inserting themselves into a State issue - not by voicing an opinion - but by overtly misrepresenting the situation as they take sides opposed to their original mission.

Or, look at it another way. Would Bud Light choose to remove rainbow neons from gay bars in favor of MAGA neons? I think not. You market TO your audience. Not AT it.

You're right. It is offensive. And distasteful to me. And so, the thought of popping a Bud Light can also becomes distasteful. That is where AB missed the mark, imo.

nai06
AG
TxSquarebody said:

nai06 said:

Artorias said:

nai06 said:

a. Wasn't made for them
b. They can't even buy

If it was kept private, I would agree. But that wasn't the intention, was it? It was purposely made public, so now it does affect me. That's the problem with the whole alphabet mafia. They aren't happy to keep their disorders private.

It only affects you because you want it to affect you. Trans people existing has zero affect on you whether you realize a person is trans or not. Same with gay people.
Urban Ag
AG
nai06 said:

CDUB98 said:

nai06 said:

Artorias said:

nai06 said:

a. Wasn't made for them
b. They can't even buy

This is the part where you continue to be intentionally obtuse. It's not a made up issue. It's a social media campaign specifically celebrating some fruitloop's transition to being a pretend female. That's real.

I agree with you that it's dumb to destroy the beer but I would not call it rage. Kid Rock gets millions of views for his little tantrum, thus monetizing himself all the more on social media. He knows exactly what he is doing. The steamroller vid, as I recall, was destroying skunked out beer that had expired, probably during Covid due to distribution issues.
ntxVol
nai06 said:

No one i know is worked up at all. But it damn sure has been fun laughing and ribbing people who come into the local bar and order BL, or any other AB product.

This ad campaign has been a resounding success if you believe any publicity is good publicity. Not sure how long this will last but I'm guessing it's not forgotten for at least a few more weeks. By that time, my local watering hole may stop stocking BL altogether.
TxSquarebody
nai06 said:

TxSquarebody said:

nai06 said:

Artorias said:

nai06 said:

a. Wasn't made for them
b. They can't even buy

It only affects you because you want it to affect you. Trans people existing has zero affect on you whether you realize a person is trans or not. Same with gay people.

I bet you thought that was a concise, well-thought rebuttal. However, you failed to address the fact that all of those people refuse to keep their sex life private and INTEND for that to affect me. It's the whole point of their "movement".
Artorias
AG
nai06 said:

TxSquarebody said:

nai06 said:

Artorias said:

nai06 said:

a. Wasn't made for them
b. They can't even buy

Existing, no. But the constant promotion certainly does. We have heard from parents where we used to live in the Austin suburbs that nearly half of the kids our kids grew up with, are now in middle school and high school and saying they think they are the wrong gender, or are gay, or bi, etc. You think that high of a number of kids expressing these thoughts just happens to be coincidental with being inundated with this stuff in recent years via social media, movies, TV, even kid's cartoons???

Yeah, keep telling us how none of this affects us...
aezmvp
Social contagion isn't a thing at all they'll tell you...
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
nai in any trans thread…

FTAG 2000
AG
nai06 said:

CDUB98 said:

nai06 said:

Artorias said:

nai06 said:

a. Wasn't made for them
b. They can't even buy

Now do BLM destroying cities over Fentanyl Floyd.

Old May Banker
AG
nai06 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

nai06 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Quote:

And there it is....
BenFiasco14
AG
https://instagr.am/p/Cq8C39dOoYw
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Artorias
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

https://instagr.am/p/Cq8C39dOoYw
A hypocrite? I am shocked!
nai06
AG
Old May Banker said:

nai06 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

nai06 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Quote:

And there it is....

Is that supposed to be surprising?

I feel like I've been pretty open about my love and support for the LGBTQ community.

And man drag shows are just good old fashioned fun.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
nai06 said:

Old May Banker said:

nai06 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

nai06 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Quote:

And there it is....

Is that supposed to be surprising?

I feel like I've been pretty open about my love and support for the LGBTQ community.

And man drag shows are just good old fashioned fun.

Gross, dude.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3372801/replies/64652120#64652120
First Page Last Page
Page 11 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.