if you're a white male, don't bother applying to Ivy leagues

11,883 Views | 134 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by chlavinka
P.H. Dexippus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Actual Talking Thermos said:

the idea that anybody who can claim any kind of minority status waltzes into an Ivy League school is ludicrous. Everyone who gets in is an exceptional candidate

Need I go on?
hph6203
AG
David Hogg is pretty dumb, and is as fair skinned as they come!
mm98
AG
I'm half Japanese

I'd tell my kids to check Asian/Pacific Islander but I don't think it would help.
FrioAg 00
AG
It definitely does not. That's the only group more discriminated against than white people by academia.
Mulberrywildman
AG
Stop! He's already dead!
BadMoonRisin
AG

I assume thousands upon thousands of people with really good grades and impressive resumes/applications are trying to get into the Ivies every year. Every year there are like 100k students in America who graduated top 3 in their class. Just maybe among those there were more impressive candidates than this guy? Yes, bringing some diverse experience to the table can be part of what makes a candidate seem exceptional, but the idea that anybody who can claim any kind of minority status waltzes into an Ivy League school is ludicrous. Everyone who gets in is an exceptional candidate, and inevitably a lot more exceptional candidates get rejected than accepted.

Also anecdotally I drive by Yale all the time and it sure doesn't look like they're running low on white people over there.
At this point, if you dont realize that your head is so far up your ass that you can't see True North, no one can help you. You are damaged. Lmao.
The Banned
P.H. Dexippus said:

the idea that anybody who can claim any kind of minority status waltzes into an Ivy League school is ludicrous. Everyone who gets in is an exceptional candidate

Need I go on?

Proof that Yale has come full circle. Founded as a religious institute of Christianity that has now reclaimed status as a religious institute, albeit the religion of woke
BadMoonRisin
AG
P.H. Dexippus said:

Need I go on?
BadMoonRisin
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

P.H. Dexippus said:

Need I go on?

I learned a lot about geography and distance in elementary school, let's hear this dumb mother****er struggle through explaining how... I dont really know what - DISTANCE works? Measuring distance? The thing I learned about in 6th grade geometry?!

Top People of the DNC.

I dont even really know what the **** this is -- a "racist" reason to excuse spending $ 900B for no reason?

DO NOT elect these people, they are completely ****ing ****** and have no idea what they are doing.

agdoc2001
AG
combat wombat said:

I am curious if the school she graduated from and the school the guy graduated from had the same rigorous academic standards. Also, the didn't post her score on the ACT. I wonder what hers was.

She bombed it, but only because it perpetuates white supremacy and the essays were about Seinfeld and croquet.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
LMCane
post the source of that data
dead
AG
https://www.tiktok.com/@gideontrenary/video/7217649354759310634
[url=https://www.tiktok.com/@gideontrenary/video/7217649354759310634][/url]
https://www.tiktok.com/@gideontrenary/video/7192420603335314734

He got rejected because his essay was about Spongebob.
Actual Talking Thermos
dead said:

For those who didn't click, this is literally true. He submitted applications with an essay that was a description of a SpongeBob episode for TikTok attention.
Muy
AG
He took this bs pretty well, tells me he's not a snowflake and will find a new and better path to success.
Nanomachines son

dead said:

For those who didn't click, this is literally true. He submitted applications with an essay that was a description of a SpongeBob episode for TikTok attention.
he probably knew he had no chance at Al and made a mockery out of the system.
Buck Turgidson
hph6203 said:

David Hogg is pretty dumb, and is as fair skinned as they come!
Admitted specifically because he is a radical activist. And yes, dumb as a fence post.
AggieUSMC
AG
You don't need to go to Ivy League schools to be successful. There are plenty of State school graduates that have wildly successful careers and plenty of Ivy League school graduates that are complete losers. Just work and study hard at whatever school you are at and your chances of success will be the same.
dead
AG
So then why isn't he making the rounds on the right wing media circuit and chasing the bag?
Buck Turgidson
dead said:

Wasn't Spongebob an allegory for his own experience as a child of divorce?
dead
AG
I dunno if he's actually a child of divorce but I do know that I desperately need to read the rest of his essay
Faustus

I assume thousands upon thousands of people with really good grades and impressive resumes/applications are trying to get into the Ivies every year. Every year there are like 100k students in America who graduated top 3 in their class. Just maybe among those there were more impressive candidates than this guy? Yes, bringing some diverse experience to the table can be part of what makes a candidate seem exceptional, but the idea that anybody who can claim any kind of minority status waltzes into an Ivy League school is ludicrous. Everyone who gets in is an exceptional candidate, and inevitably a lot more exceptional candidates get rejected than accepted.

Also anecdotally I drive by Yale all the time and it sure doesn't look like they're running low on white people over there.
https://admissions.yale.edu/sites/default/files/class_profile_2022_fall.pdf

52.8% white
21.7% asian
10.8% "international"

There's over 85% of the 2022 freshman class, which was 50/50 male female with a 6.4% admission rate.

Non-hispanic whites make up 57.8% of the US.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_ethnicity_in_the_United_States#:~:text=As%20of%202020%2C%20White%20Americans,minority%2C%20making%20up%2012.1%25.

So it looks like the Asians and/or International contingent are making off with that other 5%, or something along those lines.
Buck Turgidson
Why don't colleges track the races of foreigners? "International" is not a race, so reporting that way skews the relative shares of the various races.
AggieDruggist89
AG
IVY admission somewhat reflects the general minority population of the US, 12% black, 15% hispanics. Asians are slightly over represented and whites are underrepresented.

However, GPA and standardized statistics of admitted students broken down by race would be more telling. Socioeconomics definitely is a contributing factor no doubt.

But IVYs aren't randomly picking under represented minorities. Otherwise we'd see a much higher URM admission.
Buck Turgidson
AggieDruggist89 said:

IVY admission somewhat reflects the general minority population of the US, 12% black, 15% hispanics. Asians are slightly over represented and whites are underrepresented.
Non-Jewish whites are still largely absent.
AggieDruggist89
AG
So this is a white on white crime it seems..
dead
AG
What is?
chlavinka
AG
A 35 isn't a good enough score. Even tu is rejecting kids who made a 36 on the SAT. Also, the stats at Ivy's are pretty poor. Very small black enrollment. The truth is that they have a hard time finding qualified black kids who want to go there.
chlavinka
AG
It would hurt. The Asians get screwed the most.
TRADUCTOR
'Common Good' college acceptance program says this kid is gaming the application system with all AP classes, perfect grades, and volunteer hours.

Google it.
chlavinka
AG
Brown is 7% black

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.