if you're a white male, don't bother applying to Ivy leagues

11,967 Views | 134 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by chlavinka
@TyWebb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Going to be really funny down the road when these lower performing minorities don't earn as much, and don't give as much back to these schools because they're lower performing. Soon, employers will catch on and stop hiring from schools that turn out less qualified people. It's circular.
Nanomachines son
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

Nanomachines son said:

Muktheduck said:

Buck Turgidson said:

Here's the reason why I made a distinction regarding non-jewish whites vs. jewish whites in my previous responses on this topic:

Yep it's a golden ticket into the Ivy League schools. Gentile whites are essentially non-existent there now, it's hard enough to keep up their Jewish enrollment with the demands of DEI

What's also happening simultaneously is the significant drop off of Jewish academic performance or excellence for incoming students. That is, in comparison to the early 20th century, they are performing much worse relative to the overall population than they used to.

I believe that their numbers have now begun to drop as well.
Do you think that is a result of the "culturally jewish" population declining? That is, the number of communities that adhere to the faith and previous traditions has declined and performance has followed?

I think it's a result of the fact that Jews no longer keep to themselves. That is, they get married to non-Jews 75% of the time and convert. In other words, their bloodline is no longer as Jewish as it once was. Thanks to regression to the mean, their ceiling across the board is now lower for IQ.

Basically, when they were insular they had a de facto eugenics program that selected for high IQ and high verbal people. They no longer do that so their advantages have mostly gone away and will continue going away with succeeding generations.

You can see this in Nobel Prize winners and other major scientific and mathematic awards, etc.
TX04Aggie
AG
Literally had this discussion today, with a black co worker of all people. He is getting tired of all the DE&I stuff as well, because our bonuses are tied to it and none of us have any control over it. We were talking about how managers are starting to revolt against the low quality candidates HR and talent are putting forward in interviews and or hires, the backlash is building…
BluHorseShu
AG
Nanomachines son said:

Conversely, if you're a black woman and basically just graduate high school then you'll get into all of them just by signing your name on an application.
Like the rest of this woke BS, it's a trend that will see its own demise in the next 5 years. It's the Hedonic Treadmill.
Pinche Guero
AG
Reality is dead, just tell them that you identify as native american
StonewallAggieDEFENSE
Do all of you really want to apply to and send your kids to a university that follows this crap? I feel sorry for all of you.
"If I told you we would beat texas you would say I was braggin'. If I told you we won't beat 'em, I'd be lyin' to you". -Texas A&M Head footbal coach Emory Bellard's response to a reporter before the game, 1975.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Sorry you're on the sidelines for a bit.

It's funny, I've gone through about 7-8 "technical" recruiters in the past 2 years.
The only one who was any good was a white guy who was about 55 y/o.

All the young females were usually fun to talk to but they just couldn't understand what kind of profile we were trying to hire. They could barely even do keyword searches to find resume matches. And the Indians were the worst. Hiring for 1 project manager job in India, I had 3800 applications. How do you sift through that pile of resumes?

Conversely, for 1 technical customer facing job in the USA, I might get 60 applicants of which maybe 12 were even worth reviewing. My 55 y/o recruiter realized we weren't getting what we needed so I gave him an ideal match profile and he went out on LinkedIn and started recruiting. This was a great tactic and definitely improved the quality of our applicant pool.

I guess it all comes back to - you get what you pay for.
HollywoodBQ
AG
rgag12 said:

I can see him being rejected from Ivy League schools, but Rice? Either those stats he put up there aren't really what he had or Rice has changed in the past year, because I personally know a white guy with a similar resume who got accepted there for 2021-2022
Does he play a sport? Or have an alumni connection?

I've known a few White guys who went to Rice but not who weren't connected.
AggieDruggist89
AG
StonewallAggieDEFENSE said:

Do all of you really want to apply to and send your kids to a university that follows this crap? I feel sorry for all of you.
Unfortunately yes. Daughter went through it but made to Ivy Law School. Saw many under represented minorities get accepted to top 3 law schools with much lower LSAT and GPA.

Son is in 11th grade, #1 in his class with 4.81 GPA and 1570 SAT. We know he will be rejected by all IVY, Stanford, U of Chicago, Cal Tech, MIT, Rice, Duke Vanderbilt, Top 10 Liberal Arts Colleges, Berkeley, UCLA, USC.. He'll be lucky to get admitted to UCSD, UCI, or UC Santa Barbara.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Forget about the Ivy League.

I recommend watching Red Cup News on YouTube to figure out which school you really want to attend.

aggie93
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

Sorry you're on the sidelines for a bit.

It's funny, I've gone through about 7-8 "technical" recruiters in the past 2 years.
The only one who was any good was a white guy who was about 55 y/o.

All the young females were usually fun to talk to but they just couldn't understand what kind of profile we were trying to hire. They could barely even do keyword searches to find resume matches. And the Indians were the worst. Hiring for 1 project manager job in India, I had 3800 applications. How do you sift through that pile of resumes?

Conversely, for 1 technical customer facing job in the USA, I might get 60 applicants of which maybe 12 were even worth reviewing. My 55 y/o recruiter realized we weren't getting what we needed so I gave him an ideal match profile and he went out on LinkedIn and started recruiting. This was a great tactic and definitely improved the quality of our applicant pool.

I guess it all comes back to - you get what you pay for.
Yep, that's me though I'm not quite 55 just yet.

Most of the young recruiters and especially the young female recruiters are focused on process and not understanding the actual position and what is needed. They are looking at buzzwords and trying to put up metrics but looking for the wrong things. Essentially they become glorified Admins.

Best thing that happened to me was in the first year I was in the business was pre job board internet/pre email. We are a rare breed now. You had to learn how to network because you couldn't just click to an endless supply of resumes and put up a job post in 2 minutes on an ATS and wait for it all to come to you. Love all that stuff and it makes me much more productive but the "old school" skills are invaluable.

While I am not a technical person I learned how to know "just enough to be dangerous" and "be a few inches deep and a mile wide". I can grasp how the technologies work together and what are the signs to look for and keep a good conversation going, just don't ask me to do a tech screen on the inner depths of their C++ or Python knowledge beyond the basics. The key is understanding how to look at the cultural fit as well and of course understanding how to negotiate and sell the opportunity.

From a screening perspective the real value is looking at that pile of 80 resumes and knowing which are the 6 to focus on and going after them HARD. Most of these other young recruiters will spin up a lot of activity but they don't know what is a piece of silver vs gold vs a diamond. You just don't learn that without a LOT of experience. I swear some of my hiring managers almost cried when I told them my contract was ending, they knew what awaited them...

If you know of anyone looking for an old school guy either for full time, contract, or even individual hires though give me a PM!
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Nanomachines son
TX04Aggie said:

Literally had this discussion today, with a black co worker of all people. He is getting tired of all the DE&I stuff as well, because our bonuses are tied to it and none of us have any control over it. We were talking about how managers are starting to revolt against the low quality candidates HR and talent are putting forward in interviews and or hires, the backlash is building…

Bonuses are tied to it? That sounds miserable and means hiring has effectively been given over completely to HR. That sounds like a really really bad way to do bonuses since it incentivizes hiring poor employees just to check off a box.
eric76
AG
Old McDonald said:

alternatively, just lie and say you're 25% latino or something. my mexican ass went to an admitted latino students weekend at duke way back when and 80% of the other attendees looked like they could have been the children of mike pence and laura ingraham
Or tell them you are getting ready to transition into being a black woman.
AggieVictor10
AG
fka ftc said:

Nanomachines son said:

We're going to see many technical fields destroyed because of this.
Good. Drive those white males into the trades. We need them there, they can make fantastic money there, and its honest, well respected work.

Plus, when straight white men run the trades industries, they can keep woke out and prevent the trades from ever going the route of big tech.
DCAggie13y
AG
Old McDonald said:

alternatively, just lie and say you're 25% latino or something. my mexican ass went to an admitted latino students weekend at duke way back when and 80% of the other attendees looked like they could have been the children of mike pence and laura ingraham

I've started marking hispanic on all forms. Did my DNA test and I'm ~10% hispanic. That 10% DNA just dominated my 90% white DNA and I now identify as hispanic.
TX04Aggie
AG
Yep, talking corporate wide bonus is tied to it…. None of us have control over it, and of course we didnt hit the made up metrics for this year (oil and gas) so the whole company got dinged. People were pissed.
aggie93
AG
@TyWebb said:

Going to be really funny down the road when these lower performing minorities don't earn as much, and don't give as much back to these schools because they're lower performing. Soon, employers will catch on and stop hiring from schools that turn out less qualified people. It's circular.
That's already happening btw, especially in tech and engineering. HM's prefer Big State Schools with strong programs vs elite private schools. They tend to do better as employees and don't feel entitled or like they are "on a journey of fulfillment". A&M and Penn State crush it in recruiting and salaries for Engineers, Texas does as well.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
eric76
AG
akm91 said:

5.1 GPA?
It used to be possible to have a GPA at A&M greater than 4.0 and some apparently did so.

It used to be that the PE gave credits as if they were a one hour course but did not count as hours.

So, if you were taking 5 3 hour classes plus PE in one semester, you could have have a GPA for the semester of (4*15+4)/15=4.267.

I knew one young lady who went to summer school after graduating from high school and dropped all but her bowling class. I don't know what she made in bowling, probably a 'B'. Assuming it was a 'B', then she had three grade points and no hours. Think about that.
StonewallAggieDEFENSE
AggieDruggist89 said:

Unfortunately yes. Daughter went through it but made to Ivy Law School. Saw many under represented minorities get accepted to top 3 law schools with much lower LSAT and GPA.

Son is in 11th grade, #1 in his class with 4.81 GPA and 1570 SAT. We know he will be rejected by all IVY, Stanford, U of Chicago, Cal Tech, MIT, Rice, Duke Vanderbilt, Top 10 Liberal Arts Colleges, Berkeley, UCLA, USC.. He'll be lucky to get admitted to UCSD, UCI, or UC Santa Barbara.

No, the university that accepts your son and other academic achievers will be lucky. As a former college educator I can tell you the challenge to teach hard working and knowledge thirsty students raises the bar for everyone. The pressure to lower standards at these Ivy League institutions over time will destroy the reputation and even the value of the degree.
"If I told you we would beat texas you would say I was braggin'. If I told you we won't beat 'em, I'd be lyin' to you". -Texas A&M Head footbal coach Emory Bellard's response to a reporter before the game, 1975.
TAMU1990
AG
Happens to med school applicants as well. My son was a vicim to this.
EclipseAg
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Have you seen the latest admit stats to the UC system now that they don't accept test scores?

GenericAggie
AG
I thought it was single white male ….shrug
fka ftc
AggieVictor10 said:

fka ftc said:

Nanomachines son said:

We're going to see many technical fields destroyed because of this.
Good. Drive those white males into the trades. We need them there, they can make fantastic money there, and its honest, well respected work.

Plus, when straight white men run the trades industries, they can keep woke out and prevent the trades from ever going the route of big tech.
A sad irony in all this is my best overall employee, been with me for 15 years, is family to me, whom I genuinely love as a friend, as a sister, is a 47yo black lesbian.

We don't need any woke. Her being black, being female and being a lesbian has not helped nor hindered her ability to come to work everyday of those 15 years and do a great job.

The whole idea of woke undermines folks like her as much as it undermines white males who are ushered out or blocked from opportunities.

Libs and their policies, ideas, mantras are nothing but hate filled elitist discrimination and the people who support those sorts of ideas have NO place in this Country.
LMCane
was on the campus at University of North Carolina Chapel Hill today

maybe saw a handful of white males

tons of females, asians, "people of color".

much worse today at the University of North Carolina Greensboro- which seems to be where all the rejects from the south go to college
combat wombat™
AG

AggieDruggist89 said:

No, the university that accepts your son and other academic achievers will be lucky. As a former college educator I can tell you the challenge to teach hard working and knowledge thirsty students raises the bar for everyone. The pressure to lower standards at these Ivy League institutions over time will destroy the reputation and even the value of the degree.
THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS!THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS!THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS!THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS!THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS!THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS!THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS!THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS!THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS!THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS!THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS!THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS!THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS!THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS!THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS!THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS!THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS!THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS!THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS!THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS!THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS!THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS!THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS!THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS!THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS!THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS!THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS!THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS!THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS!THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS!THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS!
Nanomachines son

Everyone knows the game now.
Texas Yarddog
AG
eric76 said:

Old McDonald said:

Or tell them you are getting ready to transition into being a black woman.

Or capitalize on the death of classmates and get a full ride to Harvard like David Hogg.

But, really, Sheila Jackson Lee should singlehandedly destroy any thoughts of IvyLeague Schools being intellectually "elite". Sure, she went to Yale, but the singularity-class gravity of her stupidity should pull the rest of them in with it.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Yes,

At University of California system, admitted Latino student population has risen from 22% to 27% and admitted white students fell from 28% to 19% during the past 10 years.

Asians remain at 31%.

https://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/about-us/information-center/admissions-residency-and-ethnicity

I guess white students are getting dumber as Latinos are getting more qualified.

I mean...why else are we seeing this trend?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

My kids are 1/8 Jewish maybe that will count. My mother-in-law likes to pretend that isn't true though.
LOL, no. Might as well be Asian.
AggieDruggist89
AG

AggieDruggist89 said:

Thank you for your kind words.

Now...these schools are smart. They will maintain their reputation and ranking through very low acceptance % and high yield %. They have it down to science. And affirmative action albeit, they will carefully admit highly qualified students from under represented population over equally qualified applicant who aren't under represented. Hence, I wouldn't think they are lowering their standards in their pursuit of DEI. Of course there are exceptions as they admit idiot legacy kids or children of big donors.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Mrs. degree bubble about to pop.

Once again, women are the real victims in all this.
Actual Talking Thermos
I assume thousands upon thousands of people with really good grades and impressive resumes/applications are trying to get into the Ivies every year. Every year there are like 100k students in America who graduated top 3 in their class. Just maybe among those there were more impressive candidates than this guy? Yes, bringing some diverse experience to the table can be part of what makes a candidate seem exceptional, but the idea that anybody who can claim any kind of minority status waltzes into an Ivy League school is ludicrous. Everyone who gets in is an exceptional candidate, and inevitably a lot more exceptional candidates get rejected than accepted.

Also anecdotally I drive by Yale all the time and it sure doesn't look like they're running low on white people over there.
hph6203
AG
Nanomachines son said:

Conversely, if you're a black woman and basically just graduate high school then you'll get into all of them just by signing your name on an application.
I get half of the sentiment, but you look pretty dumb saying that a girl that had a 5.1 GPA "just graduated high school".

As an aside, any high school that results in a kid having a "5.1 GPA" is a stupid high school inflating GPA's. AP courses = max 5.0 as far as I recall. How the **** are they getting a 5.1 GPA when they have to take Health and physical education courses? They're taking advanced placement dodgeball?
combat wombat™
AG
I am curious if the school she graduated from and the school the guy graduated from had the same rigorous academic standards. Also, the didn't post her score on the ACT. I wonder what hers was.

I imagine she was a good student. She is obviously bright. But the schools were basically tripping over themselves to get her in the door... simply because she is black.
APHIS AG
Nanomachines son said:

Old McDonald said:

If you have even remotely a Hispanic last name, I would recommend doing this for everyone. My sons family has a Swedish last name and myself and my sons look Nordic, ain't no way in hell that would work.
A church friend of my wife will be attending her sons' graduation from Princeton in May and yes, he is Hispanic.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.