if you're a white male, don't bother applying to Ivy leagues

11,955 Views | 134 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by chlavinka
Buck Turgidson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Its gone past the Ivies. Look at the other competitive private schools like Rice, Duke, Vandy, or even the more competitive state schools and you'll see the same thing going on.
Cromagnum
AG
I really miss the days of meritocracy.
Maroon Elephant
AG
Texas A&M, Texas, Michigan, UNC also guilty.
TexAgs Firestorm Survivor
#NeverForget
Buck Turgidson
Here's the reason why I made a distinction regarding non-jewish whites vs. jewish whites in my previous responses on this topic:

The Fife
fka ftc said:

The Fife said:

TommyBrady said:

What do you mean it wouldn't work? They won't risk a lawsuit by asking you how black or latino you are. I put Native American down for everything theres no way of proving it other than a DNA test. Work the system for all its worth
My DNA test revealed a smattering of all kinds of low percentage African, The Levant, and Persian. You'd never guess it from looking at me but who cares, gimme dat!
When our son was born, I absolutely thought about completing the form with "father unknown" then sending a note later to the records office saying that the father had been confirmed and that our son was a black first persons descendant.

Wish I would have followed through.
Hell, mine was unknown for the better part of 4 decades. If the form says "father" instead of "dad" I'd be good to go!
All I do is Nguyen
Just put on your application you're black then when they ask why in person say you identify as transracial. That's how this works right?
No matter what!

Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...

I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
fka ftc
All I do is Nguyen said:

Just put on your application you're black then when they ask why in person say you identify as transracial. That's how this works right?
No, you are a melanin deficient hypopigmented Black and that you hope those disabilities do not prevent you from being able to show you are more than capable for the job.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
A 5.09 out of 6? And he was class #1? That means his high school sucks. Those schools don't really care about ACT anymore.
https://i.postimg.cc/rpHKr9JQ/IMG-0770.jpg
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Out of 5
93MarineHorn
Quote:

A 5.09 out of 6? And he was class #1? That means his high school sucks. Those schools don't really care about ACT anymore.

Yeah, that's the point, Einstein. They've become leftist madrassas.
jrrhouston98
AG
My FIL is 100% mexican indian. My kid will be checking those boxes. He's got sandy colored hair and green eyes and is my mini twin. We shall see.
Texasaggie32
Can't wait for affirmative action to end.
aggie93
AG
Arrakis ecologist said:

No, it was likely on a 5 but he had AP classes that pushed him beyond the limit. GPA's have gotten more and more complex the way they are calculated and of course every school is different.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
powerbelly
AG
Arrakis ecologist said:

Most likely out of 4 with AP bonus pushing him over to 5.09
combat wombat™
AG
My kids are fair skinned and blue eyed. One of them is blond. I'm 50% Hispanic. I'm going to start filling out Hispanic for them.
Teslag
AG
We've done the same. We recently found out our maternal great grandmother was full blood jewish, which by default makes us Jewish. So myself and my sisters put it down for everything. Well, except my kids since it doesn't pass from the father.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Teslag said:

We've done the same. We recently found out our maternal great grandmother was full blood jewish, which by default makes us Jewish. So myself and my sisters put it down for everything. Well, except my kids since it doesn't pass from the father.

You do know how genetics works, right?
Muktheduck
Buck Turgidson said:

Here's the reason why I made a distinction regarding non-jewish whites vs. jewish whites in my previous responses on this topic:

Yep it's a golden ticket into the Ivy League schools. Gentile whites are essentially non-existent there now, it's hard enough to keep up their Jewish enrollment with the demands of DEI
Teslag
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

Teslag said:

You do know how Jewish law and matrilineal descent works right?
combat wombat™
AG
Teslag said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

Teslag said:

Are these schools going to ask for a family tree??
Teslag
AG
Lol probably not, just responding to a smart ass comment. I think it's all kinda BS but the is what a rabbi told my sister when she inquired about it.

He basically said "like it or not, you're a Jew".
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Teslag said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

Teslag said:

Yeah. But that's not what that means on a form. You're claiming to be ethnically Jewish not religiously Jewish.

My father-in-law was half Jewish. That makes my kids 1/8 ethnically Jewish.
EclipseAg
AG
Win At Life said:

I was told back in 1985 by Texas A&M's Co-op director that with my GPA, he could send me to all their top companies (eg Motorola; big at yhe time) if I was a female or a minority, but because I was a white male, my options would be very limited, so this thing has been going on for a long time.

Yep ... I saw evidence of this happening in the mid-80s, too.

Today, of course, it is way more blatant and open. And because of the demographic changes in our country, there are even fewer spots available for white males.

Of course, young people would say "serves you right" without realizing that the U.S. was roughly 85 percent white in the '80s, and even more so in earlier years.
fka ftc
jrrhouston98 said:

My FIL is 100% mexican indian. My kid will be checking those boxes. He's got sandy colored hair and green eyes and is my mini twin. We shall see.
Interesting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Mexicans
rgag12
AG
I can see him being rejected from Ivy League schools, but Rice? Either those stats he put up there aren't really what he had or Rice has changed in the past year, because I personally know a white guy with a similar resume who got accepted there for 2021-2022
Tex100
AG
Arrakis ecologist said:

and why is that?
Nanomachines son
Muktheduck said:

Buck Turgidson said:

Yep it's a golden ticket into the Ivy League schools. Gentile whites are essentially non-existent there now, it's hard enough to keep up their Jewish enrollment with the demands of DEI

What's also happening simultaneously is the significant drop off of Jewish academic performance or excellence for incoming students. That is, in comparison to the early 20th century, they are performing much worse relative to the overall population than they used to.

I believe that their numbers have now begun to drop as well.
Buck Turgidson
rgag12 said:

I can see him being rejected from Ivy League schools, but Rice? Either those stats he put up there aren't really what he had or Rice has changed in the past year, because I personally know a white guy with a similar resume who got accepted there for 2021-2022
Rice has gone full woke now. The president of the university himself is an affirmative action hire from Georgia Tech. They have a leftist running the ******* business school now. Its beginning to look like my family's connection to Rice will end with me, even though I have one son who would really like to go there in a few years.
TX04Aggie
AG
Rice is full of awkward wierdos. This kid seems way too cool for that. He needs to go to a good state school and have a blast.
Yesterday
AG
Y'all are way behind. I've been partial black for a while now.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Nanomachines son said:

Muktheduck said:

Buck Turgidson said:

What's also happening simultaneously is the significant drop off of Jewish academic performance or excellence for incoming students. That is, in comparison to the early 20th century, they are performing much worse relative to the overall population than they used to.

I believe that their numbers have now begun to drop as well.
Do you think that is a result of the "culturally jewish" population declining? That is, the number of communities that adhere to the faith and previous traditions has declined and performance has followed?
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Tex100 said:

Surprised he didn't get into Rice but those Ivy Leagues and Stanford probably have plenty of people with perfect ACT scores and not just almost perfect.
Rice is not what it used to be.

Quote:

Rice University in Houston, Texas, has released a statement doubling down on its commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion regardless of the Supreme Court of the United States' (SCOTUS) impending ruling on affirmative action.

"Fully tapping and developing the talent of underrepresented students and faculty at American colleges and universities benefits the country socially, economically and culturally. It is also, quite simply, a matter of national security," Rice President Reginal DesRoches, Provost Amy Dittmar and Vice Provost for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Alex Byrd said in a March 8 email.

According to the statement, the private university's admissions office and general counsel are preparing for various outcomes of the SCOTUS case. They intend to do everything "within the bounds of the law" to recruit and retain a "widely diverse student body."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/texas-university-defends-dei-affirmative-action-matter-national-security-scotus-case
Loyalty
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

It's not about equality, it's about making retribution a virtue. Vengeance based on race, even though nobody involved in the past offenses is involved anymore.
Jack Boyett
AG
Well, my son is proof that a 32 ACT is not good enough to get into A&M anymore. We are still waiting to hear from admissions. Maybe they'll grace us with some kind of Blinn program.

Not surprised a 35 won't cut it at Ivy League, if you're classified a certain way.
TxAgPreacher
S
"White people aren't being discriminated against. They have all the power"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.