Starbucks Baristas Strike, "Demand End To Illegal Union-Busting Campaign

5,759 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Aggie Jurist
Ghost Mech
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Bloomberg reported that the work stoppage involves stores in more than 40 US cities. The union has said Starbucks' anti-union campaign against it violates the company's own commitment to respect its employees' rights.

Who wants to be the one to tell them????? You are just serving freaking coffee!!!!

If you don't do it, we can do it ourselves.....
Kenneth_2003
AG
I can't imagine the mental anguish those weak wristed losers must feel.

The absolute sense of overwhelming entitlement to think you deserve union representation to make coffee is astounding.
C@LAg
I already started my boycott of Starbucks due to the entitled baristas.

hopefully it speeds up Starbucks transitioning to machines to make their drinks and eliminate as many of these overly-entitled stunted little twunts as possible..

Buy an Aeropress. For $35 you can make great coffee at home.
Central Committee
AG
No one ever told them the 'two teas/coffees' theory I guess.

Let them get what they want, and then end up unemployed a year later.
We may not always get what we want. We may not always get what we need. Just so we don't get what we deserve.
trailrunner
AG
Oh well

I make some badass cold brew in half gallon jars out of cheap coffee.
aggiez03
AG
I will continue my boycott of Starbucks. Not for the Union wanna-bes, but cause they are left coast leftist organization who sells expensive coffee.
Picard
AG
My Keurig says go right ahead you pansies

94AGBQ
AG
Dunkin' and Tim Hortons for the win.
WoMD
Damn, none in Boise. I was looking forward to showing my support for those poor mistreated children too.

Oh well. Guess I'll stick with Dutch bros.
aggiematt07
AG
Saw three sad people standing on the side of the road in San Antonio. It was pretty weak.
agdoc2001
AG
Oh no! Now where are americans going to go for their 1200 calorie breakfast milkshakes?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
YouBet
AG
I posted this somewhere this week....these people are over estimating their power. We have dozens of options in Dallas now and i assume most big cities are the same. There have been umpteen new franchise pop up out of COVID. Zero reason to go there anymore. Also, their coffee objectively sucks compared to almost any other shop we've tried.

Starbucks is a commodity now and they are reaping the inevitable conclusion of going left wing as a company. Good luck dumbasses.

And that's the big cities.

Many of the small towns we drive through in Texas now have a local coffee shop that has popped up and they have lines in the drive thru wanting coffee.
AGHouston11
AG
Hopefully all will shutdown
Shoefly!
AG
Picard said:

My Keurig says go right ahead you pansies

Community Breakfast Blend. $16.00 for 2&1/2 lbs. I just did the allergy tests, I told the Dr if I'm allergic to coffee I'm not giving it up.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Who even goes to Starbucks anymore?!
The Fife
Grandpa's percolator is my Starbucks replacement. Costs less and burns the coffee less on top of it!
Aggie95
AG
can we get some posters made with the Coffee is Racist message that went out last week? Might make for some interesting interactions
agent-maroon
AG

That logo! LMAO at these idiots thinking they wield any real power.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Trajan88
AG
What they striking for?

More hours? Less hours? Consistent schedule? Health and dental benes?

This is an hourly job with relatively little high trained skill required beyond remembering some whacked out drink concoction.

I am good with a simple iced coffee... which I can get at a much lower price at McD.

That's when my carafe of home brewed drip coffee runs out &/or I am out of milk.
schmellba99
AG
French press with fresh ground beans locally roasted is superior to any of the over roasted crap from Starbucks.

I honestly dont get the love for crappy coffee that is way overpriced.
milner79
Mrs. Olson wouldn't try to pull this crap.

Bocephus
AG
aggiez03 said:

I will continue my boycott of Starbucks. Not for the Union wanna-bes, but cause they are left coast leftist organization who sells expensive coffee.

Or maybe just bc their coffee sucks?
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
kubiak03
AG
Their actual non sugar added coffee is crap. Burnt and nasty.

Most corner store coffee is better. Heck, McDonald's is better
Old May Banker
AG
Starbucks getting what they claim to support.
Ginormus Ag
AG
Do you have the matching coffee cups and saucers? My parents do.
The Fife
Ginormus Ag said:

No, but now that I know they exist I need them! What do they look like?
BigRobSA
The Fife said:

Ginormus Ag said:

"Matching"
The Fife
BigRobSA said:

The Fife said:

Ginormus Ag said:

"Matching"

I couldn't find Royal Poly-Perk matching mugs anywhere online
bmks270
AG
How hard can it be to make coffee using $20,000 expresso machines?

How demanding can it be that you strike?

A barista can be replaced with a $100 kurig, find a job that can't be replaced with an appliance that cost less than a pair of Nikes.
deddog
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

Who even goes to Starbucks anymore?!
The same suburban white women that vote for Biden.
Trajan88
AG
1983 Mr. Coffee advertisement feat. the Yankee Clipper.

atmtws
AG
kubiak03 said:

Their actual non sugar added coffee is crap. Burnt and nasty.

Most corner store coffee is better. Heck, McDonald's is better
Dont hate on McDonalds coffee. We've tried Starbucks, Pete's, dozens of other brands (that I dont care to recall) for our drip coffeemaker. The last few months we've been using McCafe Breakfast blend, and have been pleasantly surprised and satisfied with it. We aren't coffee snobs by any means obviously, but cannot stand regular bulk coffee (folgers, etc.).
stetson
AG
Trajan88 said:

What they striking for?

More hours? Less hours? Consistent schedule? Health and dental benes?

This is an hourly job with relatively little high trained skill required beyond remembering some whacked out drink concoction.

I am good with a simple iced coffee... which I can get at a much lower price at McD.

That's when my carafe of home brewed drip coffee runs out &/or I am out of milk.

Indeed, what?

Quote:

CAREERS
Benefits and Perks
BENEFITS AND PERKS

Investing in you
Empowered to live life well
Starbucks succeeds when our partners do, and we believe that success is best when shared. Our world-class benefits and programs for eligible part- and full-time partners are tailored to your needs. Your Total Rewards package includes base pay and bonus, benefits, retirement savings, stock and perks.
BENEFITS
heart rate monitor icon
Health Coverage

Starbucks offers partners the choice of multiple coverage levels for medical, dental and vision plans, as well as Health Care and Dependent Care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, disability and accident coverage.
stock chart graph icon
Stock, 401(k) & Financial Well-Being

Our competitive 401(k) retirement plan includes a generous company match, and we offer partners discounted company stock (S.I.P.) as well as participation in our equity reward program, Bean Stock. In addition, partners can save for the unexpected with help from My Starbucks Savings, with cash incentives for eligible partners at key savings milestones.
suitcase icon
Paid Time Off

Both non-retail and retail partners are eligible for paid vacation days and partner and family sick time, while salaried / non-retail partners also receive two personal days per year. Starbucks observes seven paid holidays, during which retail hourly partners are paid 1 times their base hourly rate of pay for any hours worked on these holidays.
baby crib icon
Parental Leave

Eligible partners welcoming a new child may receive time off and pay replacement through parental leave. Starbucks also provides Family Expansion Reimbursement of up to $10,000 per adoption, surrogacy or Intrauterine Insemination for eligible partners.
graduation cap icon
Education & Student Loan Management

Starbucks offers eligible partners the opportunity to earn a bachelor's degree with 100% tuition coverage, coaching, counseling and advising through Arizona State University's top-ranked online degree programs. Learn more at starbucks.asu.edu. We also offer Student Loan Management through Tuition.io with access to tools, resources, and student loan coaches to help partners navigate financing options and manage student loan debt.
commuter icon
Commuter Benefit

We offer our partners easy ways to take care of work-related commuter expenses, like transit passes funded by pretax payroll deductions.
hand with growing money icon
Partner Assistance

Our Caring Unites Partners (CUP) Fund helps Starbucks partners in financial crisis resulting from illness, death in the family, natural disasters or other extreme circumstances.
PERKS
Coffee and Tea Markout
Partners are eligible to receive a free pound of coffee or box of tea every week.

In-Store Discount
Partners receive a 30% discount on purchases of beverages, merchandise and food.

Recognition Programs
Starbucks recognizes partner contributions at all levels of achievement through formal and informal programs.

Partner Networks
These employee resource groups bring together partners with common interests, helping connect them to growth opportunities and ways to serve communities.

Affiliate Discounts
Partners enjoy discounts at local and national retailers as well as select providers of benefits like auto, home and pet insurance.
Care@Work by Care.com
All U.S. partners have access to up to 10 backup care days for kids and adults per year, plus senior care planning and a premium membership to Care.com.
Spotify Premium Subscription
All U.S. partners enjoy full-service Spotify, choosing what to listen to, creating radio stations and accessing Starbucks in-store playlists.
Elite Athlete Program
Starbucks supports partners participating in athletics at a world-class level.
Matching Gifts Program
We match partners' individual contributions of financial gifts or time to eligible nonprofits; up to $1,000 per fiscal year.
On-Site Gym, Daycare and Dry Cleaning
Partners working in the Starbucks Support Center enjoy multiple services under one roof, designed to enhance work-life balance.
Starbucks Total Rewards

From free coffee to pay bonuses, Starbucks partners enjoy some of the most competitive and comprehensive benefits available. Click below to view our complete U.S. employee benefits package guide.
Learn more
Every effort has been made to communicate this benefit information clearly and in easily understandable terms. If there is any discrepancy between the information set forth above and the legal plan and trust documents, the terms of the legal plan and trust documents always govern. Starbucks must also reserve the right to amend or terminate any benefit Plan referred to herein in accordance with its terms.
ACCESSIBILITY SUPPORT

Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability, please contact us at applicantaccommodation@starbucks.com.
FOLLOW US TO FIND JOBS

Instagram

LinkedIn

Facebook

YouTube
STARBUCKS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER

All partners and applicants will be treated fairly, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other factor protected by law.
See More:
Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal

Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (PDF)
FJB
The Chicken Ranch
AG
You hate to see it.
Aggie Jurist
AG
Those of us who deal with labor campaigns regularly have been saying for some time - watch what happens to these workers. They will not get a contract (if Starbucks is smart). It takes nothing to open (and therefore close) a location. Starbucks will allow them to strike and starve - and then close their location as unprofitable.

The Biden NLRB will scream and wail - but they can't force Starbucks to operate any location.

Ultimately SWU will fail and Jaz Brisak (the Rhodes Scholar and professional union agitator at the root of all of this) will move on to her next Marxist project.

Watch what's going on at Amazon. The ALU voted to unionize one location. They've lost all other elections and the union is imploding as infighting tears it apart. ALU is about Christian Smalls, not the workers.
LGB
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.