Russia/Ukraine from Another Perspective (Relaunch Part Deux)

470,903 Views | 9095 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by nortex97
Teslag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The only way we have troops in Ukraine is if Ukraine is in NATO. And if that happens we have permanent peace there.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
J. Walter Weatherman said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

BearJew13 said:

So the quoted transcript in the tweet isn't accurate?

It's one purposely misleading piece of a larger quote. We aren't sending troops to Europe unless Russia is dumb enough to attack a NATO country. Sacks is full of **** as usual.

Sacks posted source material. You didn't…

If he's pulling his misleading screenshot from this article, it's literally the next paragraph. So strange that he didn't include the context showing Jeffries wasn't talking about sending troops to Ukraine.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/democrat-leader-jeffries-pro-putin-faction-in-gop-delayed-ukraine-aid-60-minutes/

Quote:

Jeffries explained that he believes Russian President Vladimir Putin seeks to recreate the Soviet Union, and in doing so, will threaten NATO allies. Putin's invasion of neighboring Georgia did not stop there, Jeffries pointed out, nor did his takeover of Crimea in eastern Ukraine.

"Are we to believe that in the face of this kind of consistent aggression that if we allow Vladimir Putin to succeed in Ukraine that he's only going to stop in Ukraine? Of course not," Jeffries said.

Long way away from "no ability to mount an offensive"

You've made my point masterfully. Thank you.

Weird, you gave up on that "source material" troll pretty quickly.

Asking for you to source your claims is not trolling. Especially when your sources prove my point. Like I said, genuinely: thank you.

My point was that Sacks was full of **** (as usual) and was posting purposely misleading clickbait. Not really sure what else you're talking about.

Trying to demonstrate how far we have came from the old Ukrainian talking points of no ability to mount an offensive. And Jefferies is absolutely is saying we have to be ready if they need us.

Do you think we shouldn't be ready if Putin tries to invade a NATO country?

It is rather disingenuous to pretend that was my implication.

But its worth noting we would be significantly more ready today if we had not been sending billions over there for a couple years now.
AlaskanAg99
AG
If we put boots on the ground for a 3rd time in Europe, we better be there to conquer it all.

Clearly they're incapable.
J. Walter Weatherman
PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

BearJew13 said:

It's one purposely misleading piece of a larger quote. We aren't sending troops to Europe unless Russia is dumb enough to attack a NATO country. Sacks is full of **** as usual.

If he's pulling his misleading screenshot from this article, it's literally the next paragraph. So strange that he didn't include the context showing Jeffries wasn't talking about sending troops to Ukraine.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/democrat-leader-jeffries-pro-putin-faction-in-gop-delayed-ukraine-aid-60-minutes/

Quote:

Jeffries explained that he believes Russian President Vladimir Putin seeks to recreate the Soviet Union, and in doing so, will threaten NATO allies. Putin's invasion of neighboring Georgia did not stop there, Jeffries pointed out, nor did his takeover of Crimea in eastern Ukraine.

"Are we to believe that in the face of this kind of consistent aggression that if we allow Vladimir Putin to succeed in Ukraine that he's only going to stop in Ukraine? Of course not," Jeffries said.

Asking for you to source your claims is not trolling. Especially when your sources prove my point. Like I said, genuinely: thank you.

My point was that Sacks was full of **** (as usual) and was posting purposely misleading clickbait. Not really sure what else you're talking about.

Trying to demonstrate how far we have came from the old Ukrainian talking points of no ability to mount an offensive. And Jefferies is absolutely is saying we have to be ready if they need us.

Do you think we shouldn't be ready if Putin tries to invade a NATO country?

It is rather disingenuous to pretend that was my implication.

But its worthing we would be significantly more ready today if we had not been sending billions over there for a couple years now.

That's why I asked the question. Glad you agree with Jeffries that we should be ready if Putin decides to invade a NATO country.
Psycho Bunny
Teslag said:

The only way we have troops in Ukraine is if Ukraine is in NATO. And if that happens we have permanent peace there.
Permanent peace, now that's funny.
I want to see chaos in America. My vote will be for Harris.
Teslag
AG
Psycho Bunny said:

Teslag said:

Permanent peace, now that's funny.

Name the last time a NATO country was attacked and invaded by a near peer adversary.
Tanker123
The US decision makers have to decide what the end-state is for Ukraine. These are the Courses of Action (COA):

- COA1 Give up on Ukraine.
- COA2 Status Quo. Ukraine will lose a war of attrition.
- COA3 Incrementally give them more offensive weapons. It will still be a war of attrition.
- COA4 Give them the offensive weapons to win the war. I don't see the requisite training on those weapons systems unless they are done in secrecy.
Artorias
AG
Tanker123 said:

The US decision makers have to decide what the end-state is for Ukraine. These are the Courses of Action (COA):

- COA3 Incrementally give them more offensive weapons. It will still be a war of attrition.
- COA4 Give them the offensive weapons to win the war.
Define "win". Because short of US/NATO boots on the ground, they are not getting back all the ground they have lost.
Tanker123
Artorias said:

Tanker123 said:

- COA4 Give them the offensive weapons to win the war.
Define "win". Because short of US/NATO boots on the ground, they are not getting back all the ground they have lost.

It depends on the weapons systems we give to Ukraine. The Russians are terrible at maneuver warfare. we give sufficient offensive weapons like fighters, CAS, attack helicopters, then the outcome can be wide open. That is what Ukraine needs, but I don't have confidence this will happen.
Teslag
AG
Ukraine is not getting lost lands back and Russia won't make anymore gains worth anything. We will give Ukraine whatever they need to defend what they have. Russia doesn't have the men or equipment to keep up with that.
Ag with kids
AG
Psycho Bunny said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

BearJew13 said:

Quote:

Biden wins 2024 election, troops will be in Ukraine before Christmas.
No we wouldn't even if that idiot wins.
Ag with kids
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

If we put boots on the ground for a 3rd time in Europe, we better be there to conquer it all.

We have boots on the ground ALL OVER Europe.

Which is the point - where we have boots, Russia is prevented from going.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

Ukraine is not getting lost lands back and Russia won't make anymore gains with anything. We will give Ukraine whatever they need to defend what they have. Russia doesn't have the men or equipment to keep up with that.

So we don't need to be ready Putin to invade NATO?
Teslag
AG
Ag with kids said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

Exactly. Putin flips out over NATO because he knows that once a country joins NATO that piece is permanently off the board.
Ag with kids
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

Ukraine is not getting lost lands back and Russia won't make anymore gains with anything. We will give Ukraine whatever they need to defend what they have. Russia doesn't have the men or equipment to keep up with that.

So we don't need to be ready Putin to invade NATO?
Not if we give Ukraine what they need.

Which was the point of the interview.
Tanker123
Teslag said:

Ag with kids said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

Exactly. Putin flips out over NATO because he knows that once a country joins NATO that piece is permanently off the board.
Putin is using the Nuke Card because he knows if the US and NATO enters the war, the Russians will get their ass kicked fast and violently. The US is superb at conventional warfare and will show what maneuver warfare looks like with Attack Helicopters, A-10, CAS, Bombers, and Armor. They will fold like the Iraqis folded in Desert Storm.

The Russian soldiers are not well trained and maneuver warfare is too complex for them. Their centralized system for command and control is inefficient and slow. The US military has decentralized decision making to a great degree. Small units have the flexibility to change things up based on battlefield conditions and if it meets mission accomplishment and commander's intent.
nortex97
AG
The nuke chatter is just that, and also an attempt to deter nato boots on the ground pending a collapse. Drills around those forces make sense, I'm sure we have our own training exercises for ours too, though it's nice we don't advertise/propagandize around that too much.

The real issue thru the end of the war will remain Ukrainian manpower.

And make no mistake, the real house speaker wants this to happen asap after the election;

At least some Nato members don't want to repatriate/extradite Ukrainians to be sent to their death.
Russian forces continue to grind forward:

Teslag
AG
Quote:

And make no mistake, the real house speaker wants this to happen asap after the election;_

Already addressed last night. Sacks completely lied about Jeffries's interview and purposely left out the rest of the context.
nortex97
AG
A more complete daily summary. 15 ATACMS shot down is a big deal, if true, which it likely is.

The war parties and the November election is a very good discussion. A fairly despondent Newsweek outlook on the war.

Another good series for those with a few minutes;

Teslag
AG
Why do you believe it's "likely" 15 atacms have been shot down? It was purely a claim by the Russian ministry of defense, while offering zero evidence. It's an absurd claim, even for Russia.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

Why do you believe it's "likely" 15 atacms have been shot down? It was purely a claim by the Russian ministry of defense, while offering zero evidence. It's an absurd claim, even for Russia.

Then show us what they hit.
Teslag
AG
If you are replying to me I still have you blocked and am unable to see your posts.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
The conscription continues
J. Walter Weatherman
PlaneCrashGuy said:

This is who you are quoting btw. Airtight sourcing as usual.

nortex97
AG
A Russian perspective supporting my position that the A-50/A-100 is basically irrelevant, and they probably won't be produced/used much, further. It doesn't work real well, it's vulnerable, and doesn't really have a future.

They are apparently mostly parked without engines.

I doubt the Russians are training further crews.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG

PlaneCrashGuy said:

If this is your best rebuttal, I'd agree its pretty air tight.

Its obvious to everyone you're grasping at straws because you can't dispute the video. Ukraine continues to shrink.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Would the engines be removed for use on another air frame?
nortex97
AG
Sure. They are common to the IL-76 and while newer versions were used for the A-50 in particular, jet engines have various bits/seals etc. that benefit from being run from time to time, sort of like a car engine. Removing engines entirely is indicative of the planes being put into a low-readiness mothballed state, imho.

Some inaccuracy in that article as the Russians have a huge fleet of IL-76 parked/in various readiness (no need to ramp up new-build production), but the best engines will be used quite a bit. The Russians are obviously relying on space-based surveillance platforms for targeting etc. this year.
J. Walter Weatherman
PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Its obvious to everyone you're grasping at straws because you can't dispute the video. Ukraine continues to shrink.

Personally I would like to have a little more credible sources than someone who thinks the weather is being controlled by some global cabal. YMMV though, apparently.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Personally I would like to have a little more credible sources than someone who thinks the weather is being controlled by some global cabal. YMMV though, apparently.

You accuse me of saying the thing you posted. Total clown.
Teslag
AG
The forced Ukrainian conscription videos are always fun when you read the comments. Almost every single time it's some old video, from various places around the world, showing something completely different. I remember one of them was a guy "jumping from his balcony to avoid conscription". Turns out it was a guy that had just murdered someone in south america and was trying to escape police.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

The forced Ukrainian conscription videos are always fun when you read the comments. Almost every single time it's some old video, from various places around the world, showing something completely different. I remember one of them was a guy "jumping from his balcony to avoid conscription". Turns out it was a guy that had just murdered someone in south america and was trying to escape police.

Its pretty gross to find humans forced into sacrifice on the front line "fun"
Teslag
AG
Again, I cannot see your posts.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

US soldier stationed in Korea gets honeypotted; travels to Vladivostok; gets thrown in Russian jail.

The Beau Bergdal of Russian split-tail.
Ag with kids
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

Then show us what they hit.
Show us that they were fired, first.
First Page Last Page
Page 222 of 260

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.