Russia/Ukraine from Another Perspective (Relaunch Part Deux)

483,902 Views | 9116 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by nortex97
nortex97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
docb said:

Euro-vacationers versus dark web weird website partaker
Obviously, the European Parliament doesn't meet your vacationing habit standards of data collection supportive of Saint Zelensky. I continue to laugh at the repeated, absurd assertions I have a duty to (a) find links the war supporters like, and (b) to make their arguments for them.

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/at-your-service/en/be-heard/eurobarometer/public-opinion-on-the-war-in-ukraine

"Some weird website."
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
docb said:

Desperation really showing here
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
The European Parliament is the dark web now, Uke supporters continue to step on rakes
samurai_science
Russia needs to keep pushing so we can be done with this funding Ukraine bs
Teslag
AG
nortex97 said:

docb said:

Obviously, the European Parliament doesn't meet your vacationing habit standards of data collection supportive of Saint Zelensky. I continue to laugh at the repeated, absurd assertions I have a duty to (a) find links the war supporters like, and (b) to make their arguments for them.

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/at-your-service/en/be-heard/eurobarometer/public-opinion-on-the-war-in-ukraine

"Some weird website."

From your link...

Quote:

EU support for Ukraine two years into the war: Across Europe, there continues to be broad support for the EU's response to the Russian invasion: humanitarian aid (supported by 89% of EU citizens), welcoming refugees (84%), sanctions on Russia (72%), and financial support for Ukraine (72%).

Quote:

EU defence policy/NATO/neutrality: A clear and overwhelming majority of EU citizens express support for the establishment of a common EU defence policy, with 87% favouring this proposition

And also, and this is why you should always read a Nortex link, while only 10% said they expect Ukrainian victory, only 20% said they expect a Russian victory with the rest stating a settlement.
Teslag
AG
docb said:

To be fair, he also quoted and heavily relied on TASS, the official voice of the Russian government.
FJB24
CNN is quoted unironically all the time, discussing the Biden administration.
Teslag
AG
Sotero-Judges said:

And?

CNN is a private news organization that, thought not often, criticizes Biden and his administration.

TASS is an actual Russian agency operated by and for the government of Russia.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

Sotero-Judges said:

And?

CNN is a private news organization that, thought not often, criticizes Biden and his administration.

TASS is an actual Russian agency operated by and for the government of Russia.

Ignore the crocodile tears folks. Teslag will cite TASS as soon as their narrative and his overlap. Both are propagandists. Only difference is who they pedal for.
Teslag
AG
TASS isn't just media propaganda. It IS the Russian government.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

And Uke shot down 99 planes in 1 day two weeks ago. Stop pretending its different.
Teslag
AG
Which US government agency claimed Ukraine shot down 99 planes.

I'll wait.
GAC06
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

And Uke shot down 99 planes in 1 day two weeks ago. Stop pretending its different.

Remember when you thought Russia had a top five economy? That was pretty funny.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

I'll wait.

Goal posts moved quick.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
GAC06 said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

You're allowed to use humor to cope.
Teslag
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

I'll wait.

Goal posts moved quick.

Negative. I was pointing out that TASS is the Russian government from the start. Another poster moved the goalposts to private CNN.

Call him out. Not me.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Teslag said:

I'll wait.
That was NENA
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

I'll wait.

Goal posts moved quick.

Negative. I was pointing out that TASS is the Russian government from the start. Another poster moved the goalposts to private CNN.

Call him out. Not me.

Except you have also cited TASS in this thread, so no one takes you seriously.
Teslag
AG
Just did a google search for "ukraine shoots down 99 planes".

Nothing came back from any American government agency. Oddly enough, nothing from any American media companies either.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

Nothing came back from any American government agency. Oddly enough, nothing from any American media companies either.

You already moved the goalposts, no need to reiterate.
Teslag
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

I'll wait.

Goal posts moved quick.

Call him out. Not me.

After first citing western media. Which you then questioned. I used TASS because it was literally the only thing you'd believe.

When both sides say the same thing it probably isn't propaganda.
Teslag
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

I see we are doing the derail the thread bit with talking in circles and deflecting. I won't respond to it. You're just trying to lock the thread again.

You made up the 99 planes bit. As usual.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

I'll wait.

Goal posts moved quick.

Call him out. Not me.

After first citing western media. Which you then questioned. I used TASS because it was literally the only thing you'd believe.

When both sides say the same thing it probably isn't propaganda.

You used TASS because you believe Russian propaganda when it makes you feel good about Uke. Which is OK, until you try to wail about Russian propaganda in the very same thread.
Teslag
AG
Naming your flagship isn't propaganda. And I used TASS because you only believe them after I cited western sources.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

I see we are doing the derail the thread bit with talking in circles and deflecting. I won't respond to it. You're just trying to lock the thread again.

You made up the 99 planes bit. As usual.

Great thanks. I appreciate you realizing you're wrong and backing down. Keep doing that please.
Teslag
AG
Whatever makes you feel better.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

I wanna see Russians taking significant ground

Grapes
Teslag said:

docb said:

That's interesting. I visited Munich in 2023 and they had large Ukranian flags on one of the government buildings alongside the German flags. And every German I spoke with was in full support of helping Ukraine.

Can echo this. Was in Octoberfedt last September and the pro Ukraine / anti Russia sentiment was overwhelming. Same when I was in France in January. Europe's reaction, and increased support, for NATO and resolve against this aggression has been nothing short of impressive.

I was just in Portugal and the sentiment among the folks I interacted with was not pro/anti Ukraine or Russia. Simply they thought the war could and should have been avoided.

They viewed it as an American created problem. I thought that was interesting.
rgag12
AG

Those sanctions are doing work
GAC06
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

GAC06 said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

Us laughing at you doesn't have much to do with coping. You swallowing and regurgitating blatant lies from Russian propaganda means you aren't the person to judge propaganda. Hell, you believing that Russia's economy surpassed Germany shows you're just not equipped for these discussions, no matter how nuanced you think your ludicrous takes are.
Teslag
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

I wanna see Russians taking significant ground

When will this happen?
nortex97
AG
GAC06 said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

GAC06 said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

Us laughing at you doesn't have much to do with coping. You swallowing and regurgitating blatant lies from Russian propaganda means you aren't the person to judge propaganda. Hell, you believing that Russia's economy surpassed Germany shows you're just not equipped for these discussions, no matter how nuanced you think your ludicrous takes are.
Maybe someone said something wrong (again, I don't speak for others) but Russia's economy is easily in the top 10 of the world in terms of Advanced economies/emerging market countries and rate of GDP growth, definitely it is not contracting as Germany has been witness to.

But, harrumph, I know this is not a popular figure, and it is probably just all building bombs or some such insanity. The IMF I suppose is also a dark web sketchy website not properly vetted by Kiev.
Teslag
AG
https://www.forbesindia.com/article/explainers/top-10-largest-economies-in-the-world/86159/1

Russia comes in at 12. Just behind Mexico.

And the poster in question didn't say Top 10. He said Top 5.
GAC06
AG
You reposted a propaganda twitter post that claimed Russia surpassed Germany and is a top five economy. You have now defended that by… confirming they are not. Thanks?

At least you got people who don't know any better to believe it and embarrass themselves though.
samurai_science
Teslag said:

I did one for Nazis in Ukraines military, and a lot came back, even back to the early 2000's....yikes
First Page Last Page
Page 207 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.