Russia/Ukraine from Another Perspective (Relaunch Part Deux)

484,607 Views | 9120 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by YouBet
PlaneCrashGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Teslag said:

You made the claim. You tell me. Nothing in Nortex' post said that.

Holy **** you're actually illiterate.
J. Walter Weatherman
nortex97 said:

Quote:

Also the quote about the election is somewhat hilarious given that Zelenskyy won in a landslide in 2019.
There's a whole long thread full of simple hatred for Russians/Putin. I don't have an emotional/real need to demonstrate my personal views toward him in every post/page here.

You probably don't realize Zelensky the beautiful campaigned in 2019 on bringing peace, and anti-corruption initiatives. Even before the full war with Russia in 2022, his approval rating was down to around Biden levels, and he is clearly an utter failure on both planks:

Quote:

This latest episode of hope-to-disappointment with Zelenskiy comes at a difficult time for Ukraine. Mired in a war with Russia, the Ukrainian president cannot bring peace to Donbas without Vladimir Putin's help, but the Kremlin appears intent on continuing the conflict.

Reform and the struggle against corruption, however, are fights that Zelenskiy can control. If he turns away from them, he risks losing support in the West, particularly in Europe, where calls for a return to business as usual with Moscow are growing in EU member states. Zelenskiy should worry that, after 30 years of failure to rein in corruption and the oligarchs, Europeans may well begin to wonder whether Ukraine's political elite is incapable of change. Few things would damage Ukraine more than if its friends in the West begin to question whether the country is worth the troubleand simply give up.

If Zelenskiy does not worry about his country's future, perhaps he should worry about his political prospects. Just thirteen months after assuming office, his approval rating plummeted to 38 percent in June, a far cry from the 71 percent he enjoyed last September. His apparent reversal on corruption and long-needed economic reforms undoubtedly contributed to that.
More:
Quote:

Ending The War

When he was sworn in as president in May 2019, Zelenskiy also inherited the role of supreme commander in chief of Ukraine's armed forces and a grinding war against Russia-backed separatists who hold parts of the Donetsk and Luhansk regions in what is known as the Donbas. More than 13,000 people have been killed since fighting began in April 2014.

One of Zelensky's two main promises was to bring the war to an end, a goal that polls have shown Ukrainians want to see accomplished more than anything.

"He showed a real willingness to end the war. That's a good thing," Yermolenko says. "The world saw it, too -- …
Then he *****-footed around about the fake Democrat lies and Trump's impeachment over the Biden corruption call/investigation, then pushed to go to nato asap, delivering a war that has deracinated the Ukrainian population and led to an exodus of millions of Ukrainians as refugees to flee conscription, as well as the death and maiming of hundreds of thousands, serving at Nuland's command. So yes, I do believe he is in reality HIGHLY unpopular within the adult Ukrainian population.

I'm sure he would have loved to have peace in Ukraine like he campaigned on. Unfortunately it wasn't up to him once Putin decided to launch his invasion.
Teslag
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

Then show me. Please.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
True. Z and his army have getting smacked around for most of the last year plus.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

Then show me. Please.

Show you what?
Teslag
AG
Where it was said defenses were being built around Kiev. Can you?
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

No one said that. What are you on about?
Teslag
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

True. Z and his army have getting smacked around for most of the last year plus.

Russia takes a couple miles and small towns in the past year = smacking around

Ukraine takes a couple miles and small towns in the last year = abysmal offensive failure

Seems typical for this thread
Teslag
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

Teslag
AG
I'll ask again, where does it say defenses are being built around Kiev?
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Russia takes a couple miles and small towns in the past year = smacking around

Ukraine takes a couple miles and small towns in the last year = abysmal offensive failure

Seems typical for this thread

None of this war has been fought in Russia. HTH.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

You actually can't read. And you're proud of it.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

I'll ask again, where does it say defenses are being built around Kiev?

You don't know what words mean. And you think you're doing something here. By all means, keep asking. You really have no clue how stupid how you look.
Teslag
AG
"why are defenses being built around Kiev"

Your words.

Where did it say "defenses are being built around Kiev"?
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

Your words.

WOULD BE buddy its a hypothetical. God you're slow
nortex97
AG
J. Walter Weatherman said:

nortex97 said:

Quote:

Also the quote about the election is somewhat hilarious given that Zelenskyy won in a landslide in 2019.
There's a whole long thread full of simple hatred for Russians/Putin. I don't have an emotional/real need to demonstrate my personal views toward him in every post/page here.

You probably don't realize Zelensky the beautiful campaigned in 2019 on bringing peace, and anti-corruption initiatives. Even before the full war with Russia in 2022, his approval rating was down to around Biden levels, and he is clearly an utter failure on both planks:

Quote:

This latest episode of hope-to-disappointment with Zelenskiy comes at a difficult time for Ukraine. Mired in a war with Russia, the Ukrainian president cannot bring peace to Donbas without Vladimir Putin's help, but the Kremlin appears intent on continuing the conflict.

Reform and the struggle against corruption, however, are fights that Zelenskiy can control. If he turns away from them, he risks losing support in the West, particularly in Europe, where calls for a return to business as usual with Moscow are growing in EU member states. Zelenskiy should worry that, after 30 years of failure to rein in corruption and the oligarchs, Europeans may well begin to wonder whether Ukraine's political elite is incapable of change. Few things would damage Ukraine more than if its friends in the West begin to question whether the country is worth the troubleand simply give up.

If Zelenskiy does not worry about his country's future, perhaps he should worry about his political prospects. Just thirteen months after assuming office, his approval rating plummeted to 38 percent in June, a far cry from the 71 percent he enjoyed last September. His apparent reversal on corruption and long-needed economic reforms undoubtedly contributed to that.
More:
Quote:

Ending The War

When he was sworn in as president in May 2019, Zelenskiy also inherited the role of supreme commander in chief of Ukraine's armed forces and a grinding war against Russia-backed separatists who hold parts of the Donetsk and Luhansk regions in what is known as the Donbas. More than 13,000 people have been killed since fighting began in April 2014.

One of Zelensky's two main promises was to bring the war to an end, a goal that polls have shown Ukrainians want to see accomplished more than anything.

"He showed a real willingness to end the war. That's a good thing," Yermolenko says. "The world saw it, too -- …
Then he *****-footed around about the fake Democrat lies and Trump's impeachment over the Biden corruption call/investigation, then pushed to go to nato asap, delivering a war that has deracinated the Ukrainian population and led to an exodus of millions of Ukrainians as refugees to flee conscription, as well as the death and maiming of hundreds of thousands, serving at Nuland's command. So yes, I do believe he is in reality HIGHLY unpopular within the adult Ukrainian population.

I'm sure he would have loved to have peace in Ukraine like he campaigned on. Unfortunately it wasn't up to him once Putin decided to launch his invasion.
There is ample evidence he is highly unpopular as a failed leader, given the war and corruption around it (including the 'military recruiters' of course, many of whom he had to fire late last year.).

He played right along with the December '21-Feb '22 Biden Nuland provocation of the war. I won't re-litigate the point further but that is not something Ukrainians are ignorant about.

Pushing for rapid admission of Kiev to Nato and then blathering on about Putin not being able to remain in power was unmistakable/forgivable;
Quote:

Over the past week, US President Joe Biden has made a series of unscripted remarks that have upped the temperature of US-Russia relations to near boiling point.

However, his ad-libbed line at the end of what was billed as a "major speech" in Poland on Saturday - seemingly calling for President Vladimir Putin to be removed from power - may have landed the hardest.
In his speech to a crowd of assembled Polish government officials and dignitaries at the Royal Castle in Warsaw, the US president once again warned that the world was in the midst of an era-defining conflict between democracies and autocracies.

He pledged that Nato would defend "every inch" of its member states' soil. He also promised continued support to Ukraine, although he noted that the US military would not engage with Russian forces there.
It was a confrontational, but measured, speech - well in line with what US officials, from Secretary of State Antony Blinken on down, have been saying for months.

Then, right before the "thank yous" and "goodbyes", Mr Biden added of his Russian counterpart: "For God's sake, this man cannot remain in power."

Cue the fireworks.

"This speech - and the passages which concern Russia - is astounding, to use polite words," Russia spokesperson Dmitry Peskov said. "He doesn't understand that the world is not limited to the United States and most of Europe."

And the US walk-backs.

"The president's point was that Putin cannot be allowed to exercise power over his neighbours or the region," a Biden administration official said on background. "He was not discussing Putin's power in Russia, or regime change."

The speed with which the US issued its "clarification" - later echoed by Mr Blinken - suggests the US understands the danger inherent in Mr Biden's words.
The Biden administration, State Department, and CIA wanted this war on their puppet regime in Kiev. There is no real denying that.
nortex97
AG
He's just coming up with a new line obviously which he will then repeat three dozen times a week.
Teslag
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

Your words.

If it were purely a hypothetical why would it warrant curiosity?
Teslag
AG
nortex97 said:

He's just coming up with a new line obviously which he will then repeat three dozen times a week.

Would say "weeks, maybe"?
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

Your words.

If it were purely a hypothetical why would it warrant curiosity?

Debating hypotheticals is something people with >90IQ are able to do.

How would you feel if you skipped breakfast this morning?

"Where does it say I skipped breakfast?"
Teslag
AG
Because anyone with a lick of sense knows it wasn't a hypothetical. That's not how you phrase a hypothetical.

Nortex posted this tweet....

And you got confused and didn't realize Zaporozhye is almost 400 miles from Kiev.

You put your foot in your mouth again without actually taking the time to actually read something.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

Because anyone with a lick of sense knows it wasn't a hypothetical. That's not how you phrase a hypothetical.

And you got confused and didn't realize Zaporozhye is almost 400 miles from the front.

You put your foot in your mouth again without actually taking the time to actually read something.

If I was responding to Nortex I would've replied to him. Good try though.

Your desperation is really showing now.
Teslag
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

And you got confused and didn't realize Zaporozhye is almost 400 miles from the front.

Don't bother with the hand wave. We know.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
"Why did you say this"
I didnt say that
"Actually you did I am very smart"
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

Don't bother with the hand wave. We know.

Its not a hand wave. You're just desperate and dumb.
J. Walter Weatherman
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Yes, it's very sad when a country 3x the population of another one decides to attack them but thankfully they've been able to hold on to most of their country so far. Glad you agree.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Yes, it's very sad when a country 3x the population of another one decides to attack them but thankfully they've been able to hold on to most of their country so far. Glad you agree.

I didn't know you're a confederate.
J. Walter Weatherman
PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

This, unsurprisingly, makes zero sense.
nortex97
AG
LOL, good guys catch some criminals running from the great patriotic Biden proxy war.

Sounds like the great saint Zelensky is being thrown under the bus for pending losses;

Quote:

Two years into the conflict with Russia, the Pentagon is becoming "frustrated"with Ukraine due to its reluctance to heed battlefield advice from the US military, the New York Times has reported.

Washington has been Kiev's primary backer since February 2022, providing over $111 billion in military and financial assistance. However, relations have recently been "showing signs of wear and tear" and "might be stuck in a bit of a rut," the newspaper reported on Thursday.

According to the NYT, the Pentagon's "exasperation" with the Ukrainians comes down to "a single, recurring issue," which is that American military strategists believe Ukraine needs to concentrate its forces on "one big fight at a time." Contrary to the advice, however, President Vladimir Zelensky has been expending his forces "in battles for towns that US officials say lack strategic value."

The latest example was the battle for Avdeevka, a major Ukrainian stronghold in Russia's People's Republic of Donetsk, which was captured by Russian troops in February, the report read.
Some of us have predicted this blame-casting would come his way for 18+ months, eventually.
Teslag
AG
That's pretty crazy that an official media outlet for the Russian government is painting their current enemy in a bad light. Nuts I tell you.
Teslag
AG

How do we know these are Ukrainian border guards and that this is on the Romanian border? Where is the citation?
PlaneCrashGuy
AG

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

So you agree its an identical comparison. Thanks.
nortex97
AG
I don't consider the NYT an official Russian outlet, myself. I do consider them aligned with State/Defense department though, and communists in general. I don't want to mock your reading comprehension skills again, today.
J. Walter Weatherman
PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Just to be clear - in this analogy are you suggesting that Ukraine is the Confederacy and Russia is the Union?
PlaneCrashGuy
AG

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Just to be clear - in this analogy are you suggesting that Ukraine is the Confederacy and Russia is the Union?

No. I'm suggesting you never grew out of "but he started it" and our country shouldn't go to war over such childish petulance.
First Page Last Page
Page 198 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.