Russia/Ukraine from Another Perspective (Relaunch Part Deux)

484,591 Views | 9120 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by YouBet
Stat Monitor Repairman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Teslag said:

GAC06 said:

The organizer of a CIA coup was facilitating it by…

handing out sandwiches?
200 pastrami on rye's per month I'm guessing.
With a cup 'o borscht
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

Using a wikipedia as a source? A great day indeed.

Look at how quick he backpedaled when he realized mobilization doesn't mean conscription.
lb3
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Why mobilize 1 million if only 30k casualties? The math does not compute. This is basic algebra.
The math isn't terrible. The 30k were KIA if I remember correctly. Casualties could be up to 10x as high. With 300k in combat roles, that leaves about 400k in support/logistics roles.

Here is the history of the US army combat:support ratio.

PlaneCrashGuy
AG
The "experts" used a 1:3 instead of a 1:10. https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ukrainian-group-says-more-than-30000-troops-have-died-russias-invasion-2023-11-15/

But you're correct it was claimed 30k deceased, though most folks know in reality it is much higher.
nortex97
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

Look at how quick he backpedaled when he realized mobilization doesn't mean conscription.

Yeah now it's "well fine I lied yet again and stomped my feet but I don't trust your source to a sourced quote and legislation they passed." Clown show.
Teslag
AG
nortex97 said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

Yeah now it's "well fine I lied yet again and stomped my feet but I don't trust your source to a sourced quote and legislation they passed." Clown show.

The onus is not on us to prove negatives
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Now that you know what mobilization means, do you recognize it actually is 1 million plus Ukrainians mobilized? Do you still dispute this obvious fact?
Teslag
AG
I have seen no source from you where zelensky claims 1,000,000 have been mobilized
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

I have seen no source from you where zelensky claims 1,000,000 have been mobilized

Correct, but I'm asking you: how many Ukrainians have been mobilized? Its OK to say you don't know, but I think helping you understand the difference between mobilization and conscription was an important 1st step. If you don't want to answer thats OK to.
Teslag
AG
I don't know. I've seen no non Russian source say it's 1 million. Your Twitter link claimed Zelenskyy said it but he provided no way to verify it.

So I asked.
docb
AG
Maybe you can help us understand your infatuation with the Russians.
John Armfield
docb said:

Maybe you can help us understand your infatuation with Ukraine which is a non-democratic quasi corrupt state
docb
AG
John Armfield said:

docb said:

Maybe you can help us understand your infatuation with Ukraine which is a non-democratic quasi corrupt state

Did I strike a chord with the mail order bride comment
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

I don't know. I've seen no non Russian source say it's 1 million. Your Twitter link claimed Zelenskyy said it but he provided no way to verify it.

So I asked.

I posted a link that said "Zelenksys office claimed"

Here's the BBC quoting Oleksii Reznikov saying 1 million in summer 2022: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-62118953

At the time he was Uke MoD, which is a member of Z's office, so I have proven this assertion to be true.

You would be correct that later in the article the author clarifies it wont be 1 million folks used on offense, but this is because, as you're already aware- some of those mobilized will be used in logistics roles.

Original tweet for reference:
docb
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

So I asked.

I posted a link that said "Zelenksys office claimed"

Here's the BBC quoting Oleksii Reznikov saying 1 million in summer 2022: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-621189

At the time he was Uke MoD, which is a member of Z's office, so I have proven this assertion to be true.

You would be correct that later in the article the author clarifies it wont be 1 million folks used on offense, but this is because, as you're already aware- some of those mobilized will be used in logistics roles.

Original tweet for reference:

Should we issue an amber alert?
Teslag
AG
Your link doesn't work
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-62118953

Sorry, here it is.
Teslag
AG
Thanks, appreciate the link.

Quote:

he defence minister added: "We have approximately 700,000 in the armed forces and when you add the national guard, police, border guard, we are around a million-strong."

However, analysts have cautioned against taking the figure of one million at face value.
"It's not a million-strong force that will be conducting a counter-attack," Dr Jack Watling, senior research fellow at the Royal United Services Institute, told the BBC.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

Thanks, appreciate the link.

Quote:

he defence minister added: "We have approximately 700,000 in the armed forces and when you add the national guard, police, border guard, we are around a million-strong."

However, analysts have cautioned against taking the figure of one million at face value.
"It's not a million-strong force that will be conducting a counter-attack," Dr Jack Watling, senior research fellow at the Royal United Services Institute, told the BBC.

Already addressee this, but I appreciate you reiterating. I'll do the same:

Teslag
AG
Which many of them being in logistics roles it makes using the 1 million number to discern a realistic KIA number ridiculous correct?
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

Which many of them being in logistics roles it makes using the 1 million number to discern a realistic KIA number ridiculous correct?

Goalposts just moved, but I am operating on the basis that you don't have to be in a combat roll to be in direct or even indirect enemy fire.
Teslag
AG
Depends. The front is extremely large and the Ukrainians have significant numbers spread along the entire length. So many of those may be in combat roles but also not being actively engaged because Russia is currently only trying to advance in one small area.

Basically a lot are in defensive positions and not engaged.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

Depends. The front is extremely large and the Ukrainians have significant numbers spread along the entire length. So many of those may be in combat roles but also not being actively engaged because Russia is currently only trying to advance in one small area.

Basically a lot are in defensive positions and not engaged.

I appreciate your insight. We've come so far from where we started https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3365034/replies/67087188
Teslag
AG
Like an old married couple
PlaneCrashGuy
samurai_science
Hopefully the Ukraine bill dies a death tomorrow.
nortex97
AG

One baby face and a bunch of old men.

That one's still worthy of a multi-day celebration. Hopefully out of 'public service' for good.

Fighting for democracy;

Quote:

Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelensky would lose office if an election were held right now, according to a poll made public on Tuesday.

Zelensky, whose current mandate expires this spring, has cancelled all elections, citing marital law.
A survey carried out by the Ukrainian pollster SOCIS shows Zelensky trailing in the first round and then losing a runoff to the recently sacked General Valery Zaluzhny.

The SOCIS survey shows Zaluzhny with 41% of the vote in the first round, and 67.5% in a runoff, while the incumbent would secure only 23.7% initially and no more than 32.5% in the second round.

Former President Pyotr Poroshenko would get just 6.4% of the vote in the first round, while the ex-speaker of Ukraine's parliament, Dmitry Razumov, just 5.6%, the pollster said.

If the parliamentary elections were held today, a hypothetical "Zaluzhny bloc" would gain 46.4% of the seats, and Zelensky's party just 21.1%, while Poroshenko would max out at 7.5%.

Polls in late 2023 showed Zaluzhny giving Zelensky a challenge. However, the incumbent president was predicted to receive over 47% of the vote in the first round and defeat the general in a runoff.

Forever war, comrades!
nortex97
AG
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
We knew it was bad but holy hell, its 7:1?!? Christ help them.
Ag with kids
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

We knew it was bad but holy hell, its 7:1?!? Christ help them.
Well, someone on X said it, so that makes it the truth.
GAC06
AG
Russia's production is so abundant, they're begging duds from best Korea.
Teslag
AG
That's it, Simplicious is literally the Russian version of Ketch.

Quote:

The beast's soul shows its weary wounds:
JR the puppenspieler could not accomplish the ancestral task,
Debarking from his earthly vessel a week past.
Now his broken guignols scatter to the wind,
As Sviatoslav smiles down from the sky over Atil.

How can you take anyone seriously that drones on like that?
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
3 replies. Each take a different approach at attempting to discredit the update. The 1 thing they have in common: none of them actually address the update.

Uke is ****ed.
nortex97
AG
A lot of folks can't handle updates that are not simply war cheerleading for team Biden-Zelensky (-Nuland). It's the same thing emotionally to some as when we were told to lock down for "2 weeks" or just "wear a mask." And because the updates are substantively true, all they can do is snark or cry about some legalism/words used. In fact, Nuland in the Fauci role makes a lot of sense as a direct analogy to the two most disastrous/deadly bureaucrats of our day;

I guess Russia struck a square saint Zelensky and the Greek PM were staging some photo's at yesterday around Odessa, which is a bit amusing;

Russia had (roughly) 200K in the initial invasion in 2022, and now has over 600K in what was Eastern Ukraine, but we are supposed to believe that "this is a great investment because it has made the Russian military weaker." Okay.

Forever war!
nortex97
AG

FYI, John F Kerry served in Vietnam and Cambodia.
First Page Last Page
Page 195 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.