Russia/Ukraine from Another Perspective (Relaunch Part Deux)

484,436 Views | 9120 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by YouBet
nortex97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Iranians trucking supplies across Iraq to Syria for striking at Israeli/American forces.

Russian FM meets Iranian, Turkish and Lebanese counterparts in…NYC.

Quote:

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov on Monday met with his counterparts from Iran, Lebanon and Turkey ahead of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) meeting scheduled later on Tuesday.

During bilateral meetings, the Ministers of Foreign Affairs are said to have discussed situations in Gaza and Syria as well as "the tense situation" in the Red Sea, the Russian ministry said on Telegram.

With Turkish Foreign Minister Hakan Fidan, Lavrov not only spoke of the Middle Eastern affairs but also discussed the situation in the Black Sea amid the ongoing Russia-Ukraine war.

The officials are also reported to have talked about the Southern Caucasus region that, apart from Georgia, includes Azerbaijan and Armenia - countries involved in a border crisis over the disputed region of Nagorno-Karabakh/Artsakh.

As for the Russia-Lebanon meeting, on its X (formerly Twitter) account, the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs posted that the parties discussed the "urgency of finding ways to resolve the issues set in Lebanon's national agenda - without external interference."

Teslag
AG
Quote:

Iranians trucking supplies across Iraq to Syria for striking at Israeli/American forces

They have been doing this for the last 15 years
FJB24
Teslag said:

Quote:

Iranians trucking supplies across Iraq to Syria for striking at Israeli/American forces

They have been doing this for the last 15 years
Not like this, no.

They've been ramping up in frequency and scale since Joe Biden's proxy war began, and now especially since O7. Everyone has noticed this. They also have more of the resources/money thanks to the weapons/resources trade with Russia.

And they aren't just some mortars or a few rockets/missiles. They overwhelmed air defenses etc. Size and context matters.
Quote:

It's been a very active day in terms of hostilities in the Middle East. Al Assad Air Base in Iraq, where U.S. military personnel and contractors are based, came under a massive barrage from Iranian-aligned militant groups in the country. The attack was so big that reports state it overwhelmed Al Assad's air defenses, with multiple projectiles landing within its permitter, causing injuries.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Seeing reports of TU-95's in the air.

Seems they were correct.

PlaneCrashGuy
AG
This propaganda is rather sickening
Instead of assisting, pose for a video.
Then the propagandists can't keep their stories straight

nortex97
AG
Sad. Delusional, world de-stabilizing propaganda and lies…par for the course for team Nuland-Biden-Obama-Zelensky.

And yes, that is "Sarah" Ashton Cirillo, Obama-acolyte (have to use remove paywall to see full article)

Quote:

"Some on my side, especially moderate Democrats, assailed me for my strategy in the judicial races, along with the fact that I went so deep into character," she told The Daily Beast. "But right-wing extremists only respond to the utmost absurdity, and at the end of the day, I exposed the fraud and fascist dangers that had taken hold within the opposition party, and we are all better for it.

"No apologies. Ever," Ashton-Cirillo told The Daily Beast. "Trump loves a winner, and as the GOP found out, I won."
It's horrible what Obama-Biden have contributed to doing to the Ukrainian and Russian people, in this proxy-war. The propaganda could not be…more obvious.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
No matter how you spin it, that's a loss.
Staff
Some users need to rein it in on the personal attacks, you are getting closer and closer to causing this thread to get locked down again.
nortex97
AG

YouBet
AG
Teslag said:

So why was Iran freely and deliberately attacking American military positions and bases while Trump was president and prior to the Russian invasion?

Ignoring the question speaks volumes.
I'm not ignoring the question. Both can be true. Of course Iran has been taking shots at us for years.

Also true is that all of the recent escalation which has been massive is linked. Russia and Iran are in cahoots.

This is known by everyone.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
This is horrible if true

Pure cowardice
Teslag
AG
Quote:

It's been a very active day in terms of hostilities in the Middle East. Al Assad Air Base in Iraq, where U.S. military personnel and contractors are based, came under a massive barrage from Iranian-aligned militant groups in the country. The attack was so big that reports state it overwhelmed Al Assad's air defenses, with multiple projectiles landing within its permitter, causing injuries.

In 2021 we were hit with 14 Russia made rockets by Iranian militias. They struck in our base perimeter, injured several and killed a contractor a couple hundred meters from myself.
Teslag
AG
YouBet said:

Teslag said:

So why was Iran freely and deliberately attacking American military positions and bases while Trump was president and prior to the Russian invasion?

I'm not ignoring the question. Both can be true. Of course Iran has been taking shots at us for years.

Also true is that all of the recent escalation which has been massive is linked. Russia and Iran are in cahoots.

They have always worked together. The Iranians have coordinated the Russians for our entire time during OIR. This includes the time when a Russian PMC directly launched an armored assault against our positions in Syria.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
I find this unlikely.

But it does make you wonder what would happen if the offensive isn't stopped.
YouBet
AG
Teslag said:

YouBet said:

Teslag said:

They have always worked together. The Iranians have coordinated the Russians for our entire time during OIR. This includes the time when a Russian PMC directly launched an armored assault against our positions in Syria.

So you are retracting your comment that it's total bull**** that Iran and Russia are coordinating and working the same goals. Good on you.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Don't put words in his mouth. Make him walk it back.

"Nothing I said turned out to be wrong or was wrong at the time" - same poster.
Teslag
AG
Where did I say they weren't coordinating? I said it wasn't because of the Ukrainian Russian war. You know, the topic of the thread.
Teslag
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

I find this unlikely.

Do you need to stop something that basically never started? Russia has spent two months trying to take an abandoned village and can't.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
We will add this to the list of verifiably false claims you've made. Carry on.
Teslag
AG
Add it to whatever you like. I've been consistent and accurate. What has Russia gained in this offensive but a few yards of dirt?
Ag with kids
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

I find this unlikely.

The offensive that's making minimal gains?

They already tried moving towards Kyiv. Sucked for them when they did that though.
Ag with kids
AG
Teslag said:

Add it to whatever you like. I've been consistent and accurate. What has Russia gained in this offensive but a few yards of dirt?
Some abandoned and shelled buildings?
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Ag with kids said:

Teslag said:

Sounds like someone hasn't been paying attention. Mask off here.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

No, you haven't. And for as long as you keep trying to pretend that is true, you're going to continue to spin your wheels here. Don't let me stop you.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
This floundering is a symptom of the condition of the war.

Ag with kids
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

Teslag said:

I did pay attention.

State where I'm incorrect.
Ag with kids
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

This floundering is a symptom of the condition of the war.

That's just stuff they say for politics.

I learned that from Trump.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

Teslag said:

I did pay attention.

Avdeevka.

Why don't you tell us the most recent day you can remember Ukraine did not get smaller, since you're paying attention.
Ag with kids
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

Teslag said:

I did pay attention.

Avdeevka.

Why don't you tell us the most recent day you can remember Ukraine did not get smaller, since you're paying attention.
Yeah. We've discussed that abandoned town above. Keep up. That was 18 months of hard work that has nothing to do with this current "offensive"...
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

Teslag said:

I did pay attention.

Avdeevka.

Yeah. We've discussed that abandoned town above. Keep up. That was 18 months of hard work that has nothing to do with this current "offensive"...

There it is! Right on schedule.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Uke damages 1 tank: "they all add up"

Uke loses a few strongholds: "abandoned town"

Not serious analysis.
nortex97
AG
Ukraine shot down another big Russian plane last night (that was returning Ukrainian POW's to them).

The Ukrainians comically initially claimed credit for the shoot-down, lying about it carrying S-300 missiles, then retracted the propaganda/lie, and now I guess deny having shot it down/being involved.

Quote:

Ukrainian news outlet Ukrainskaya Pravda has withdrawn its claim that Ukraine shot down the Russian Ilyushin plane, which crashed this morning in Belgorod. It quoted sources in Ukraine's general staff who said the military aircraft was carrying S-300 missiles. It has now added a correction saying that the sources did not "indicate" Ukrainian involvement
Russian sanctions have devastated…Germany's economy:

Exactly right:

Quote:

The US military has announced that it has carried out "proportionate" airstrikes against Iranian-backed militants in Iraq in response to recent attacks on American bases in the region.

The latest airstrikes targeting Kataib Hezbollah and affiliated militia groups in Iraq were launched just after midnight local time on Wednesday, the US Central Command (CENTCOM) said in a statement. The strikes were aimed at Kataib Hezbollah's headquarters in Iraq, as well as storage and training facilities, and were intended to degrade the group's ability to mount drone and missile attacks.

"Today, at President Biden's direction, US military forces conducted necessary and proportionate strikes on three facilities used by the Iranian-backed Kataib Hezbollah militia group and other Iran-affiliated groups in Iraq," US Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin said in a statement.

"These precision strikes are in direct response to a series of escalatory attacks against US and coalition personnel in Iraq and Syria by Iranian-sponsored militias."
Waiting for condemnation by the Iraqi government…

(Aside: I am going to limit x links per post by request; I'll still try to keep my posts/day to a minimum in a thread anyway just to avoid being an annoyance, as I think it's better when more folks are engaged in a discussion).
Teslag
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Uke damages 1 tank: "they all add up"

Uke loses a few strongholds: "abandoned town"

Not serious analysis.

The abandoned town of formerly 8,000 is a "stronghold"?
Teslag
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

Teslag said:

I did pay attention.

Avdeevka.

The last time Ukraine got bigger was during their offensive. That's how offensives work.

The Ukrainians go on the offensive and gain a little bit of land and some small worthless towns and you say it's a massive failure.

The Russians go on the offensive and gain a little bit of ground and a small abandoned village and the Olga Bazovas of the world think they are rolling into Kiev.
Teslag
AG
Quote:

The German DW writes that Russia's importance to the German economy has declined sharply. Is there still an economy in Germany? Well, it won't be for long. In 2 years of anti-Russian sanctions, Germany has dropped from the 8th position to the 27th in the ranking of countries

I like when these perspectives quote sources (DW) like this and then never cite the actual article so any verification is impossible.

Especially when a simple search proves the author of that tweet is full of ****

https://www.forbesindia.com/amp/article/explainers/top-10-largest-economies-in-the-world/86159/1
First Page Last Page
Page 161 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.