Russia/Ukraine from Another Perspective (Relaunch Part Deux)

484,866 Views | 9120 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by YouBet
Teslag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In addition, the talking point that Russia is in any way justified for invading a sovereign Ukraine is a Russian state media view and an official position of the Russian Federation.

Anyone echoing that will be accurately and factually accused of repeating a Russian talking point and official Russian position.
fka ftc
ABATTBQ11 said:

fka ftc said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

GAC06 said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

You didnt stay long or say much.

Is that because this thread is less fun now that NYT made Uke propaganda obvious? Was celebrating 1-2 meters of "gains" always a bit or did it just recently get old? Is the breakthrough coming?

Are you going to track my presence on this thread now? Go ahead and mark me present this morning laughing at the latest updates from RT.
Did you have any answers? I'd like to hear your thoughts...

Along with their friends who troll this thread calling people Putin fanbois, Russian intelligence plants or purveyors of Russian propaganda, they do not seek discussion. They only seek to silence any dissenting views of their most fabulous, most sovereign Ukraine and its brave wonderful leader Zelensky.

If it helps, just imagine they are Vindman with a keyboard and TexAgs account and you can get a pretty accurate idea of who they are.

The irony of someone posting this and continually citing the literal mouthpieces of the Russian government as purveyors of fact beyond reproach is palpable. You say picture them as Vindman with a keyboard, but maybe you should picture yourself as Scott Ritter.

Please show an example of me "citing the literal mouthpieces of the Russian government". Just one example. On this thread or any other threads or forums around here.

Just one example. Go on, give it a go. Or just apologize for making yet another false accusation.
fka ftc
You continue to miss the point but that is not surprising. When you label everything as Russian propaganda, then you have zero credibility. Not sure I can make it any clearer for you.
fka ftc
Teslag said:

In addition, the talking point that Russia is in any way justified for invading a sovereign Ukraine is a Russian state media view and an official position of the Russian Federation.

Anyone echoing that will be accurately and factually accused of repeating a Russian talking point and official Russian position.

That may be the dumbest take I have seen. So if anyone has an opposing view then they are simply repeating the official Russian position. Hope you realize that is not only just patently false, but makes zero sense.

I may think the Longhorns suck arse and are arrogant SOBs. Am I repeating Aggie propaganda? LSU propaganda? Oklahoma propaganda?
Teslag
AG
fka ftc said:

You continue to miss the point but that is not surprising. When you label everything as Russian propaganda, then you have zero credibility. Not sure I can make it any clearer for you.

Except that I don't label everything as Russian propaganda. Many things posted here are not. Many things are.

Do you think Russian propaganda has been posted on this thread?
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

Except that I don't label everything as Russian propaganda.

Not everything!
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
ABATTBQ11
AG
fka ftc said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

fka ftc said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

GAC06 said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Is that because this thread is less fun now that NYT made Uke propaganda obvious? Was celebrating 1-2 meters of "gains" always a bit or did it just recently get old? Is the breakthrough coming?

Are you going to track my presence on this thread now? Go ahead and mark me present this morning laughing at the latest updates from RT.

Along with their friends who troll this thread calling people Putin fanbois, Russian intelligence plants or purveyors of Russian propaganda, they do not seek discussion. They only seek to silence any dissenting views of their most fabulous, most sovereign Ukraine and its brave wonderful leader Zelensky.

If it helps, just imagine they are Vindman with a keyboard and TexAgs account and you can get a pretty accurate idea of who they are.

The irony of someone posting this and continually citing the literal mouthpieces of the Russian government as purveyors of fact beyond reproach is palpable. You say picture them as Vindman with a keyboard, but maybe you should picture yourself as Scott Ritter.

Please show an example of me "citing the literal mouthpieces of the Russian government". Just one example. On this thread or any other threads or forums around here.

Just one example. Go on, give it a go. Or just apologize for making yet another false accusation.

You know, you're right. I did a long perusal of your history, and you don't cite Russian propaganda. In fact, you don't cite anything. You just post a bunch of BS as if it's all factually true and unquestionable. You let nortex or someone else post all the propaganda and then just nod along and pontificate.
fka ftc
[Enough complaining about moderation -- Staff]
fka ftc
ABATTBQ11 said:

fka ftc said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

fka ftc said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

GAC06 said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

You know, you're right. I did a long perusal of your history, and you don't cite Russian propaganda. In fact, you don't cite anything. You just post a bunch of BS as if it's all factually true and unquestionable. You let nortex or someone else post all the propaganda and then just nod along and pontificate.

Nice. Kudos to you for your research. But you let your ad Homs take over by calling my posts bullshat.

You want to counter points I make and positions I take, go for it. Happy to discuss where I get my information and how I form my opinions. I don't cite sources when the thoughts come from my own brain. I know that is a hard concept for many here, but some of are indeed capable of independent thought, some of us receive information from unconventional sources, some of us simply pay more attention, have learned more history and can understand broad, complex concepts.

And some folks simply cannot. For those that cannot, they typically resort to "muh Russia propaganda" or try and make me do collegiate research that they should be capable of doing on their own.

I only encourage you to maybe try harder to understand and learn about issues from multiple perspectives. How does that sound?
FJB24
One poster has posted 14 times on this thread this am and added…nothing to the discussion. Just complaints.
notex
AG
Teslag said:

fka ftc said:

Except that I don't label everything as Russian propaganda. Many things posted here are not. Many things are.

Do you think Russian propaganda has been posted on this thread?
Who cares? Seriously, 50+ percent of the war coverage is propaganda, one way or the other.

You should learn to let your frustration that someone on the internet disagrees with you go.
notex
AG
nortex97 said:

RT from Danilov: Kiev has no counter-offensive time table. LOL.

Quote:

There is no timetable for progress in Ukraine's much-touted military counteroffensive, Aleksey Danilov, the head of its National Security and Defense Council, has claimed. His comments come amid reports that the country's Western backers are frustrated by Kiev's failure to make substantial battlefield gains.

Speaking on national TV on Wednesday, Danilov stressed that "no one but us can impose deadlines" and "there is no schedule" for the counteroffensive which Moscow claims has not managed to gain any ground.

He also lashed out at those who raise the issue in the first place, insisting that only "those who don't understand what war means" indulge in such speculation.

According to Danilov, he has never used the word "counteroffensive" to describe the ongoing fighting in Ukraine. "There are military actions, they are complex, difficult, [and] depend on many factors," the official explained. He added that Kiev's troops have adopted a NATO system which he said means that it is up to local commanders to choose a particular tactic to accomplish a greater objective.
So, Ukraine's defense minister denies the mythologized counteroffensive exists as well! I feel so vindicated.

Now, also, what a subtle shift to a future narrative where 'well, the local commanders failed, we gave them full authority.'
So the counter-offensive never happened. Just one more 'conspiracy' proven 100% correct. Thx.
texagbeliever
It was unclear if you were banned based on the previous edit, glad that wasn't the case. (Not a complaint at the edit just the message read like he had been warned and thus banned is all).
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
So should we put "spring counteroffensive" next to "ghost of Kyiv" on the "less accurate than Russia today" shelf? Wow. I didn't expect dominos to fall this fast.
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
P.U.T.U
AG
From the reports the initial counteroffensive plan failed as it caused too many troop and equipment casualties. Now Ukraine is going back to the artillery and picking when and where they attack. Going to be much slower but a higher chance of success.
Teslag
AG
P.U.T.U said:

From the reports the initial counteroffensive plan failed as it caused too many troop and equipment casualties. Now Ukraine is going back to the artillery and picking when and where they attack. Going to be much slower but a higher chance of success.

Agreed. Counter offensive never stopped but the strategy did indeed shift as it often does in war. Their new strategy seems to be more effective albeit slower.
TheBonifaceOption
TheBonifaceOption
PlaneCrashGuy said:

So should we put "spring counteroffensive" next to "ghost of Kyiv" on the "less accurate than Russia today" shelf? Wow. I didn't expect dominos to fall this fast.

Grifters gonna grift.

"We need endless billions to throw against a wall" "well you didn't give us enough so we are delaying it a few months" "you didn't give us enough so instead of calling it a failure we call it 'on going operations' so we need 'in coming money'."
Showertime at the Bidens
Everyone knew it was a mistake

Ag with kids
AG
Teslag said:

texagbeliever said:

Teslag said:

texagbeliever said:

Teslag said:

Quote:

where evil people are contained by feelings of good. Evil is stopped by strength.

And yet this thread's solution to that evil is full capitulation.

I get you can't understand strategic economic and military maneuvers and the ways this catastrophe could have been largely avoided. I and others raised great points on how to really cripple the economy of Russia. But that would have contradicted your and the lefts God of ESG (climate change). So here we are as a consequence of your liberal friends. A destroyed and devastated Ukraine. But hey you were so manly and dedicated in your cheerleadering. So keep your chin up.

1. I'm not a liberal. Not even remotely. But I get how it makes things easier for you lump people together. You need that simplistic world view.

2. That's a lot of words to say you really don't believe in applying strength to combat Russia.

Salute the vaccine you are a liberal. Why our resident liberals fight so hard against an obvious fact is always a head scratcher. Take pride in who you are.

Liberals are anti gun control, anti trans policies, anti blm, anti esg, anti woke, anti income tax, anti government regulation and mandates, two time trump voters (and will be a 3rd if nominated), etc?

Interesting theory.

Well, Trump is a yuge liberal./BigRobSA
Ag with kids
AG
notex said:

nortex97 said:

Quote:

There is no timetable for progress in Ukraine's much-touted military counteroffensive, Aleksey Danilov, the head of its National Security and Defense Council, has claimed. His comments come amid reports that the country's Western backers are frustrated by Kiev's failure to make substantial battlefield gains.

Speaking on national TV on Wednesday, Danilov stressed that "no one but us can impose deadlines" and "there is no schedule" for the counteroffensive which Moscow claims has not managed to gain any ground.

He also lashed out at those who raise the issue in the first place, insisting that only "those who don't understand what war means" indulge in such speculation.

According to Danilov, he has never used the word "counteroffensive" to describe the ongoing fighting in Ukraine. "There are military actions, they are complex, difficult, [and] depend on many factors," the official explained. He added that Kiev's troops have adopted a NATO system which he said means that it is up to local commanders to choose a particular tactic to accomplish a greater objective.
So, Ukraine's defense minister denies the mythologized counteroffensive exists as well! I feel so vindicated.

Now, also, what a subtle shift to a future narrative where 'well, the local commanders failed, we gave them full authority.'
So the counter-offensive never happened. Just one more 'conspiracy' proven 100% correct. Thx.
If Putin says so, it must be true...
Ag with kids
AG
Teslag said:

P.U.T.U said:

Agreed. Counter offensive never stopped but the strategy did indeed shift as it often does in war. Their new strategy seems to be more effective albeit slower.
No plan survives first contact...

Semper Gumby
10thYrSr
Ag with kids said:

notex said:

nortex97 said:

Quote:

Sure, provide a counter article saying it is a success. I'll accept Ukrainian propaganda if you like.
Teslag
AG
How can it be a success if it isn't finished?
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
You've never heard of progress?

Ag with kids
AG
10thYrSr said:

Ag with kids said:

notex said:

nortex97 said:

Quote:

Sure, provide a counter article saying it is a success. I'll accept Ukrainian propaganda if you like.
How can something that never happened be proven to be successful? Hell, it can't even be proven to be a failure.
10thYrSr
Teslag said:

P.U.T.U said:

So their new strategy is to use already depleted artillery rounds to support their advance? There is going to be no advance because there is no artillery to fire. They are going to dig in and be destroyed by Russian drones. It's going to be a bloodbath.

There hasn't been any strategy proposed to deal with Russian mines. So we are in a deadlock as far as Ukraine is concerned.
Teslag
AG
10thYrSr said:

Teslag said:

P.U.T.U said:

So their new strategy is to use already depleted artillery rounds to support their advance? There is going to be no advance because there is no artillery to fire. They are going to dig in and be destroyed by Russian drones. It's going to be a bloodbath.

There hasn't been any strategy proposed to deal with Russian mines. So we are in a deadlock as far as Ukraine is concerned.

This is incorrect. They ukes don't have a lot to waste but the they plenty to concentrate where needed and focus on breech which is what they are doing in the south. The ukes have all the time in the world as the Russians have zero ability to mount any real offensives. They are purely in a keep whatever they can mode.
Teslag
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Of course. Ukraine is slowly progressing.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Of course. Ukraine is slowly progressing.

10thYrSr
Teslag said:

10thYrSr said:

Teslag said:

P.U.T.U said:

This is incorrect. They ukes don't have a lot to waste but the they plenty to concentrate where needed and focus on breech which is what they are doing in the south. The ukes have all the time in the world as the Russians have zero ability to mount any real offensives. They are purely in a keep whatever they can mode.

So your plan is to use rare artillery to support advances that will lead into minefields destroying Ukrainian soldiers?
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Ukraine is going to break through any second now.

10thYrSr
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ukraine is going to break through any second now.

Yep, they are going to break through and be destroyed like candy in a pinata as their vehicles hit mine after mine.
10thYrSr
I guess TeslAg didn't see the mass grave production near Kiev.

I don't know why these Ukraine supporters deny the nature of war and might. Might makes right.

Sure, it was disgusting that Russia invaded Ukraine. But that is the nature of humanity. No nation has a "right" to exist beyond their abilities to defend their borders.

If Ukraine can't defend themselves then they get absorbed. If anyone has balls to challenge the attacker they can take that from them as well!

Why do you think NATO exists historically?
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Well said, and more are coming around to see that as well. Can't let a few fanatics (there's like 3 of them) sow discourage

First Page Last Page
Page 83 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.