Russia/Ukraine from Another Perspective (Relaunch Part Deux)

484,567 Views | 9120 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by YouBet
TheBonifaceOption
How long do you want to ignore this user?
samurai_science said:

Teslag said:

You do realize many posts here are actual Russian propaganda right? And some even actual state media?
Goes both ways.

Labeling every post propaganda because you don't agree with it does not add to discussions and is just trolling.
msm is disseminating WH talking points
Teslag: this is honest journalism
Teslag
AG
Do you consider Russia Today to be honest journalism and more truthful than our media?

A simple yes or no will suffice
TheBonifaceOption
Teslag said:

Do you consider Russia Today to be honest journalism and more truthful than our media?

A simple yes or no will suffice

It's a tie at 0% honest. Our media is as fabricated as theirs. RT finds some victories and you claim it's propaganda, meanwhile millions of Americans were sold ghost of Kiev and snake island lies.
How were those not propaganda?

We are more honest because the veil between our government and media has thicker thread count than Moscow and RT?

Just stop.
Teslag
AG

Quote:

It's a tie at 0% honest.
LarryElder
Teslag said:

Were you expecting the blitzkrieg? It will be slow and methodical until there's a breach. Which is looking more likely by the day in the south.

Which should make you happy, because that will push peace faster and our tax dollars less used.
so in December when the lines are still the same what do you say then? Wait for the winter thaw the UKEs will advance? lol
Teslag
AG
If they are still the same in December both sides, in my opinion, should look for a negotiated peace.
nortex97
AG
Haha, it's more like a liquidation of conscripts than an offensive, a couple kilometers here and there, one way or the other. As has been stated many times, you can't prosecute/command a war (even as a proxy) when you have a corrupt commander.

The real goal of this conflict has nothing, at all, to do with a 'free, independent Ukraine.' It never has, and has actually extinguished that as a possibility. The only operative question at this point is whether Z will be given the Diem, or Karzai treatment when the time is up.

Oh but those sanctions are really working, on 'some' as Hermensa would put it:

nortex97
AG

TheBonifaceOption
Assassination or OD called an assassination
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
We saw what they did to Kennedy
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
nortex97
AG
Yep.

Winning friends and influencing allies, I see.

Teslag
AG
Hungary going to FAFO
TheBonifaceOption
Teslag said:

Hungary going to FAFO

Nato is a coalition of free countries...unless you disagree, then you are enemy.
Ag with kids
AG
Teslag said:

LarryElder said:

So is still called the spring offensive? We are now in August when do it change to the fall offensive?

Now that the ukes are breaking through Russia's southern defenses are still running with the "mythological" offensive bit? I thought the kremlin has you guys going with the "US is running out of ammo" narrative now?
I guess we should change the name of the War of 1812 since it didn't all occur in 1812...
texagbeliever
Ag with kids said:

Teslag said:

LarryElder said:

So is still called the spring offensive? We are now in August when do it change to the fall offensive?

Now that the ukes are breaking through Russia's southern defenses are still running with the "mythological" offensive bit? I thought the kremlin has you guys going with the "US is running out of ammo" narrative now?
I guess we should change the name of the War of 1812 since it didn't all occur in 1812...

War of 1812 was actually called Madison's war until the decisive victory of the battle of new Orleans. It was meant to ruin him politically. I would be fine with naming it the American Frontier War, Madison's war, the war over American manifest destiny. All would be more fitting.
Ag with kids
AG
texagbeliever said:

Ag with kids said:

Teslag said:

LarryElder said:

War of 1812 was actually called Madison's war until the decisive victory of the battle of new Orleans. It was meant to ruin him politically. I would be fine with naming it the American Frontier War, Madison's war, the war over American manifest destiny. All would be more fitting.
Typical liberal...wanting to erase history...
texagbeliever
Ag with kids said:

texagbeliever said:

Ag with kids said:

Teslag said:

LarryElder said:

Typical liberal...wanting to erase history...

I know you are joking, but the war of 1812 or Madison's war is probably way understated in American history education. This really solidified us as being America and not Canada like puppet state.
texagbeliever
nortex97 said:

Haha, it's more like a liquidation of conscripts than an offensive, a couple kilometers here and there, one way or the other. As has been stated many times, you can't prosecute/command a war (even as a proxy) when you have a corrupt commander.

The real goal of this conflict has nothing, at all, to do with a 'free, independent Ukraine.' It never has, and has actually extinguished that as a possibility. The only operative question at this point is whether Z will be given the Diem, or Karzai treatment when the time is up.

Oh but those sanctions are really working, on 'some' as Hermensa would put it:

Germany is screwed. Industry in the toilet and winter is now just 3 months away. The war in Ukraine is not ending naturally before then. Can Germany and the Green power idiot coalition survive another winter?
nortex97
AG
AfD popularity is skyrocketing there. This is just another country whose politics I don't really understand, but it is less 'left' or 'green' than it was 5 years ago, for sure.

Update looks into the Niger coup/pro-Putin stuff impacts Europe:

Quote:

Many have previously asked what Russia does or will do against the U.S. or West in general as a tit-for-tat for things like the Nord Stream bombings. I had said that Russia has many 'asymmetrical' programs in motion.

Now it's being reported that Mali has dropped French as an official language in the country, leading to another big step toward decolonialization.

….

At the same time, China is slowly putting the crimp on the West's supplies of critical precious metals and rare earths essential for chip industries. New reports state the following:
Quote:

Chinese export controls on germanium and gallium have stepped into effect amid fears that this will mean more expensive microchips, solar panels, cars, and even weapons. More significantly, the restrictions threaten to sink the Biden administration's ambitious domestic microchip manufacturing goals, says China-US trade expert Thomas Pauken II.

China's rare earths restrictions officially stepped into force on Tuesday, with the measures, announced last month after Beijing said it needed to protect its "national security and interests," expected to cause a sharp jump in the cost of an array of advanced manufactured goods, particularly electronics.
"China produces upwards of 80 percent of the world's gallium, and 60 percent of its germanium, with experts predicting that it could take "generations" for the US to replace lost Chinese capacity."

This represents a one-two punch from both sides as Russia and China are whipsawing the West asymmetrically. I've already written at length about how the West likes to portray themselves as independent with Russia as the one reliant on their 'electronics', yet it's the West themselves who are hugely reliant on the natural resources that Russia/China produce, as well as those found in Africa.
There's that China connection again, in this pesky tit for tat proxy war in Ukraine, over a few square miles for team blue fascists vs. team red ones. Is the EU about to begin disintegrating? I doubt it, but it is at tremendously greater pressures now, from immigration, energy, budgets, grain/agricultural supplies/inputs, and now more than ever a need to produce/support a dependency/war in Ukraine.

There's an extensive discussion then about artillery, armor, losses, etc. Whatever, it's all kind of over anyway. None of this can be extrapolated to Ukrainians having an army or people that can win.

CNBC: Ukraine allies signal their patience has run out with it's demands and strategy.

PlaneCrashGuy
AG
The clock is certainly ticking.
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Interesting update. I agree that cracks are starting to form. We will know its getting really bad for the Ukes when the trolls quit their drive by's on this thread. I think I'm seeing a decline in traffic in other threads about the war, which could just mean the sunshine pump is temporarily down, but it could be an indication of a larger shift in opinion. Guess we'll wait and see.

Two weeks ago. Trolls have been slow. CNBC article writes about Z's rant received as offensive to some. NYT posting outright and obvious Ukrainian propaganda. What does this thread make of these recent developments? Also what song do you want the Ags to run out to this fall?

10thYrSr
PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Interesting update. I agree that cracks are starting to form. We will know its getting really bad for the Ukes when the trolls quit their drive by's on this thread. I think I'm seeing a decline in traffic in other threads about the war, which could just mean the sunshine pump is temporarily down, but it could be an indication of a larger shift in opinion. Guess we'll wait and see.

Two weeks ago. Trolls have been slow. CNBC article writes about Z's rant received as offensive to some. NYT posting outright and obvious Ukrainian propaganda. What does this thread make of these recent developments? Also what song do you want the Ags to run out to this fall?

Nobody is coming to eat crow and all offenses against you and claims questioning your intelligence, loyalty, and virility will be forgotten. Nobody who you spent countless hours arguing and trying to convince them will suddenly have memory of a great post you made 6months ago that exactly spelled out what was going to happen. They are going to fade into the backdrop of TexAgs discussion and you will never receive your due worth.

A pessimistic outlook, but true and unfortunate. Although you were probably right.

Find peace in the fact that you were able to predict the outcome, and use it to reinforce your belief in your knowledge.
Teslag
AG
10thYrSr said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Nobody is coming to eat crow and all offenses against you and claims questioning your intelligence, loyalty, and virility will be forgotten. Nobody who you spent countless hours arguing and trying to convince them will suddenly have memory of a great post you made 6months ago that exactly spelled out what was going to happen. They are going to fade into the backdrop of TexAgs discussion and you will never receive your due worth.

A pessimistic outlook, but true and unfortunate. Although you were probably right.

Find peace in the fact that you were able to predict the outcome, and use it to reinforce your belief in your knowledge.

With the ukes making more and more gains each day most of us forgot this thread existed.
10thYrSr
Teslag said:

10thYrSr said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

With the ukes making more and more gains each day most of us forgot this thread existed.

Who is "us"
Teslag
AG
People that aren't pro Russia
10thYrSr
Teslag said:

And what would their usernames be?
10thYrSr
10thYrSr said:

Teslag said:

And what would their usernames be?

Crickets.
GAC06
AG
Most people on this site minus 5-6 vocal posters
10thYrSr
GAC06 said:

Most people on this site minus 5-6 vocal posters

Oh! You want to jump in? Give me usernames. You two are thick as thieves.

Go ahead and drag others into teslag's comment. How many of "us" thought this thread didn't exist?
GAC06
AG
You want me to give you usernames of people who aren't pro Russia? Or who aren't posting here enough for the same posters who also wanted less dissent for for their safe space?

Either way… nah
10thYrSr
GAC06 said:

You want me to give you usernames of people who aren't pro Russia? Or who aren't posting here enough for the same posters who also wanted less dissent for for their safe space?

Either way… nah

No, you and TeslAg clearly remember that this thread exists.
GAC06
AG
Burn!
10thYrSr
GAC06 said:

Burn!

I get your rage. You must feel so disappointed knowing you weren't among the "us" that TeslAg was referring to. How could they exclude you from their coven of Ukraine supporters!?
GAC06
AG
Rage? Seek help.
nortex97
AG

True.

First Page Last Page
Page 81 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.