Russia/Ukraine from Another Perspective (Relaunch Part Deux)

484,312 Views | 9120 Replies | Last: 45 min ago by YouBet
nortex97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pretty amusing tale of the Challenger tank history. Not an endorsement to what he says, just an entertaining Saturday am read:

A more serious/calm description of a recent Russian attack:

fka ftc
10thYrSr said:

fka ftc said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

You really think the eastern European countries would ever "run back to" Russia? They HATE Russia for being put under the Soviet thumb.

Think it likely…? Not as much. Think it has more potential as economic conditions worsen, US power weakens, Western Europe focuses on itself, and other things… yeah, I think likelihood went from no ****in way to it being something to pay attention to.

The world does not exist in absolutes.

I agree that there are few absolutes, but Poland going in with Russia is just ridiculous. It would be more likely that all of America would abandon their Russian hate than Poland doing the same. You can look on the Ukraine war strategy board and see for yourself how unwilling people in America are to discard their cold war hate for Russia. Poland would be ten times more difficult.

I really hope you made a mistake pointing to the ProUke propaganda thread as a place to see how people really feel about Russia. Maybe I should attend an ISIS meeting to understand hate for Christians / Americans.

There is a building power vacuum in the region with weakening US, weakening EU, weakening NATO and an ever growing UN that is hostile to the US combined with a feckless POTUS hell bent on ceding power to globalist organizations who also happens to be bought and bribed by China, along with most of our other representatives in DC.

China has plenty of cards left to play in this global power struggle. Any Russian "expansion" will rely heavily on China being involved, which is possible as China has its own expansionist agenda.

The world does not have absolutes for many things but it does have natural cycles. I just happen to think we are at the beginning of a cycle that sees a shift in power away from the norms we have had for 30 years since the Soviet Union collapsed and some rejiggering of alliances is not some unicorn fart fantasy.
chickencoupe16
AG
Speedbird087 said:

chickencoupe16 said:

Moldova is landlocked; how would they have any claims to anything in the Black Sea?
Moldova has a seaport on the Danube at Giurgiulesti.
[img][/img]

Which then uses the Danube, both banks of which are Ukrainian, to make it to the Black Sea. Not sure that this opens up a claim to any part of the Black Sea, especially not undersea oil and gas.
nortex97
AG
Not sure if Seymour really said this:

Believable though, with the children running our DoD/State Dep't on behalf of China.
nortex97
AG
Good thread, from a true-UFA-Zelensky believer/propagandist but he does recognize some truths. I know our armchair generals with keyboards are skeptical about older tanks being used by one side only, but they clearly have value especially on the defensive side.

This will be interesting/disruptive, if in fact it is true. I think jamming starlink can only work in a limited capacity, but the areas where they really want to be disruptive are of course not that large. From my limited experience, anything emitting radiation to jam something itself can become a target, though, so it is a cat and mouse game, largely.

Quote:

"Magyar said the Russian army is testing Starlink jamming technology.

The Ukrainian military with the call sign Magyar said that the Russian army has already received the technology to jam Starlink at the front.

He wrote about this in his telegram channel.

"They are testing and preparing for industrial production. The front without Starlink is much more difficult than even the front without the F-16. It goes blind and stalls," Magyar wrote.
It should be noted that in April, Western media, citing American intelligence, reported that the Russians were testing Starlink jamming technology based on the Tobol electronic warfare system.

Earlier, the Air Force of Ukraine named " Russia's advantage in electronic warfare" as one of the reasons for the slow development of the counteroffensive .
The western Ukrainian-Polish situation discussed:

Quote:

Concluding Thoughts
As it presently stands, Poland has already slyly taken control of Western Ukraine without having to fire a shot. Its political power was cemented last summer after the Rada granted Poles practically the same rights as Ukrainians in accordance with the promise that Zelensky made to Duda in May 2022, while the economic aspect was advanced through mid-July's opening of the first URA office in Lvov. That being the case, there isn't even a need apart from prestige for Poland to formally deploy troops to Ukraine.

Nevertheless, it's precisely for that abovementioned reason that this might still end up happening, both because it could boost the ruling party's prospects at the polls ahead of this fall's elections and also since it would show the world that Poland is successfully restoring its long-lost status as a Great Power. That said, Western Ukraine's formal integration into Poland isn't a fait accompli even if this happens since it would risk provoking intense furor from nationalist forces on both sides of the border.

With these concerns in mind, which have very serious political and even latent security implications, the scenario of one day formalizing the currently de facto Polish-Ukrainian confederation is much more realistic than Warsaw biting off the western part of that former Soviet Republic. That would accomplish the same strategic goal of expanding Poland's "sphere of influence" across a portion of its former Commonwealth without risking any major blowback. Truth be told, this scenario might be inevitable.
PA24
AG
NM
nortex97
AG

Casualty exchange rate discussion is on point (30 minute mark).

nortex97
AG

Yes, damn right this is related to the 100K+ deaths in this war in Ukraine and Russia today. At least 5 have confirmed he is the 'big guy.'
Stat Monitor Repairman
Rip Devon.
fka ftc
We are ramping up our position as the complete, utter laughing stock of the world. Our credibility is below what it was in 1775. Thanks Biden, his 81 million followers, and the limp wristed CMs around here who called for Trump to be impeached and then pulled the lever for Biden cause their feelz and mean tweets.
oysterbayAG
AG
" Russia is not going to lose this war. It would be like us losing a war with Mexico "RFK Jr.
Teslag
AG
fka ftc said:

We are ramping up our position as the complete, utter laughing stock of the world. Our credibility is below what it was in 1775. Thanks Biden, his 81 million followers, and the limp wristed CMs around here who called for Trump to be impeached and then pulled the lever for Biden cause their feelz and mean tweets.

Which counties are better?
fka ftc
Teslag said:

fka ftc said:

Which counties are better?
Always been partial to Galveston County myself.

Take your trolling elsewhere, sort of tired of your shenanigans...
Teslag
AG
Own it. If you think we are the laughing stock of the world then just say who is better.
fka ftc
Teslag said:

Own it. If you think we are the laughing stock of the world then just say who is better.
To shut you up, I think I will just capitulate that Ukraine is far better, more sovereign and led by the world's greatest comedic actor turned global leader the Almighty Z.

I can go through 15-20 countries that have better credibility on the world stage than the US right now. Russia and China would be in that mix. Hell, even with Lil Kim you know you are getting a credible psychopathic dictator.

But if Biden and Z are your guys... you own it, enjoy it, spread the good word.

Then move on and leave me out of your thoughts.
Teslag
AG
Quote:

Russia and China would be in that mix.

Hahhahahahhahahahhahaha
Gilligan
AG
I check in over here about once a week.

Good to see the cat fight is still going on.

Carry on!
texagbeliever
You can't shut him up. He is a pig. You get in the mud with him and he wins based on his expertise in the stye.
Teslag
AG
texagbeliever said:

You can't shut him up. He is a pig. You get in the mud with him and he wins based on his expertise in the stye.

Right, I'm the pig. Not the guy literally pimping the chicoms and Russians ahead of us.
10thYrSr
"
fka ftc
nortex97
AG
Yet again the casualty exchange rate and actual battlefield results don't add up to anything approximating a Ukrainian 'win.' Z himself touted taking this little village finally, but…

[url=https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1685953562810241024][/url]
Quote:

As officials celebrated Ukraine's progress in Staromaiorske, troops elsewhere on the ground said that Russian defenses and firepower remained formidable and in places impassable.

A soldier at a medical post, awaiting evacuation for a concussion, recently described how his battalion had been decimated when it came under Russian artillery and tank fire. His brigade, the 23rd, was one of nine newly formed, Western-trained units prepared and equipped for the counteroffensive. But the brigade, he said, had been thrown into the fight without sufficient artillery support and had been unable to defend themselves against Russian firepower.

In one battle in which his unit took part, Ukrainian soldiers attacked in 10 American-made MaxxPro armored vehicles, but only one came back, he said. He showed photographs of the damaged vehicles, ripped open and burned out, which he said had been hauled back to a repair base. The soldier declined to give his name for fear of getting into trouble with his superiors.
The soldier lost a 22-year-old friend, Stas, in the shelling the day before, he said, adding that in just over a month, his battalion had suffered so many dead and wounded that only 10 men remained at the front line.
Germans: They're messing up the offensive because they aren't doing what we told them to do. As Biden's long time Ukrainian corruption has become more and more visible, fracturing of support for the Nuland-Biden regime in Kiev, and skepticism about the fraud/treason with Russian billionaires behind Burisma etc. only are growing.

"That's just a crazy conspiracy theory to think the Bidens would like/support Russian oligarch's interests."

Teslag
AG
Quote:

Russia is outperforming Ukraine on the battlefield 10 to 1 despite billions of Western military support.
fka ftc
Teslag
AG
Who is trolling now?
fka ftc
Teslag said:

Who is trolling now?
Since staff refuses to address your lack of discussion on this thread, might as well have fun.

You retort to anything posted not pro-Uke / pro-Z with a conflagration of Putin fanboi, Russia propaganda, Russia state media, Russia talking points, etc.

Sorry your internet feelings may have been disturbed. Here is a place you may feel more comfortable.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3274372
Teslag
AG
You do realize many posts here are actual Russian propaganda right? And some even actual state media?
samurai_science
Teslag said:

You do realize many posts here are actual Russian propaganda right? And some even actual state media?
Goes both ways.

Labeling every post propaganda because you don't agree with it does not add to discussions and is just trolling.
Teslag
AG
samurai_science said:

Teslag said:

Goes both ways.

Labeling every post propaganda because you don't agree with it does not add to discussions and is just trolling.

I don't do this. I label things like Scott Ritter and Russia Today propaganda because, well, it is.
LarryElder
So is still called the spring offensive? We are now in August when do it change to the fall offensive?
Teslag
AG
LarryElder said:

So is still called the spring offensive? We are now in August when do it change to the fall offensive?

Now that the ukes are breaking through Russia's southern defenses are still running with the "mythological" offensive bit? I thought the kremlin has you guys going with the "US is running out of ammo" narrative now?
LarryElder
Teslag said:

LarryElder said:

Now that the ukes are breaking through Russia's southern defenses are still running with the "mythological" offensive bit? I thought the kremlin has you guys going with the "US is running out of ammo" narrative now?
LOL the above poster was right every response is you are a paid russain troll hilarious
Teslag
AG
I'm not the one still questioning a spring offensive that literally started in the spring.
LarryElder
Teslag said:

I'm not the one still questioning a spring offensive that literally started in the spring.
Yes started and we are almost in the fall and the lines are pretty much the same, some offensive.
Teslag
AG
Were you expecting the blitzkrieg? It will be slow and methodical until there's a breach. Which is looking more likely by the day in the south.

Which should make you happy, because that will push peace faster and our tax dollars less used.
First Page Last Page
Page 80 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.